Win the Black lion chest gambling still lose

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

So afther spending a lot of € on black lion keys i’ve finally got enough tickets to buy a expensive weapon. So i was super happy finally i can get the black lion skin i want since on tp the price is super high for it. So i walk with a happy face fully hyped to the Black lion vault but there i stumble on a problem…. The door is locked
So i’ve spend a lot of € on tickets to get a black lion weapon but i cant buy it since the door is locked…. Will the door ever open or will i have to wait untill i have enough money to buy a skin with the price of a precursor and just wasted real money on nothing?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Wat?
Double click on tokens will open you the skins menù

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Wat?

Only the skins that are not locked up

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Double clicking a ticket or ticket scrap opens the merchant. There are also merchants in all major cities.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Lol you Though that all skins were always avaible from bl vendor?

Guess why prices incrase…cause at a certain point there’s no more chance to get em through black Lion tickets.

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

Tbh you could have probably traded gems for gold and would have had enough for the skins you want.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The available skins rotate on a semi regular basis. We have no idea when or what is in a future rotation. They also add a set in as rare drops from the chests as well

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

Wat?

I think you answered your own question here.

The skins are locked, meaning they aren’t available right now, which is why they’re so expensive in the TP.

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Wat?

I think you answered your own question here.

The skins are locked, meaning they aren’t available right now, which is why they’re so expensive in the TP.

Well earlier before he told me i did not know you could buy skins buy double clicking the ticket. Kinda sucks though i wanted my new skin

(edited by Merc The Forgotten.5610)

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

I think OP is referring to the part of Black Lion Trading Company HQ in Lion’s Arch that shows vendors behind locked gates. Those haven’t been open for a long time. I think it begs the question as to why they still have them there if they never unlock those gates. Long time ago, you could still buy the old, expensive skins (fused, jade dragon, etc.) from those vendors for like 10 tickets. Now the gates are permanently locked. What’s the point, Anet?

Merc The Forgotten.5610

I think OP is referring to the part of Black Lion Trading Company HQ in Lion’s Arch that shows vendors behind locked gates. Those haven’t been open for a long time. I think it begs the question as to why they still have them there if they never unlock those gates. Long time ago, you could still buy the old, expensive skins (fused, jade dragon, etc.) from those vendors for like 10 tickets. Now the gates are permanently locked. What’s the point, Anet?

You get it!
So i walk with a happy face fully hyped to the Black lion vault but there i stumble on a problem…. The door is locked
So i’ve spend a lot of € on tickets to get a black lion weapon but i cant buy it since the door is locked…. Will the door ever open or will i have to wait untill i have enough money to buy a skin with the price of a precursor and just wasted real money on nothing?

It seems you where the only one who read the full post.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Tbh you could have probably traded gems for gold and would have had enough for the skins you want.

Words of wisdom right there. Do the math, see how your drops from chests stack up against buying the item outright, and see what works best for you. Chances are, unless you particularly enjoy gambling, you’d be better off buying gems, converting them to gold and buying the skins.

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Words of wisdom right there. Do the math, see how your drops from chests stack up against buying the item outright, and see what works best for you. Chances are, unless you particularly enjoy gambling, you’d be better off buying gems, converting them to gold and buying the skins.

It do seem that way. This proves again Black lion chests are worthless.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

It do seem that way. This proves again Black lion chests are worthless.

They are not worthless, they are a gamble. You could have got something that sells for 4k gold on the TP.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

i know what the OP is referring to, and again:
the doors are locked for the same reason, those skins are locked if you want to buy them directly through double-clicking the BL tickets. They are literally LOCKED

of course its sad for you, OP, that you spend so much money on BL keys, just to find out you can’t buy those skins. But tbh that wouldn’t have happened if you had informed yourself before spending all that cash.
As Aurelian Omenkind mentioned, those doors have been locked for a long time, so that’s a long time for you to get the chance of finding out those skins aren’t available atm.

(edited by Hyrai.8720)

Merc The Forgotten.5610

the doors are locked for the same reason, those skins are locked if you want to buy them directly through double-clicking the BL tickets. They are literally LOCKED

of course its sad for you, OP, that you spend so much money on BL keys, just to find out you can’t buy those skins. But tbh that wouldn’t have happened if you had informed yourself before spending all that cash.

Well there use to be a time that the doors were not locked. I can’t be updated in every detail of the game or change or undocumented change….

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Doesn’t always work. At least one skin (the Tempest Torch) isn’t currently available on the TP. Which is annoying since I was planning to buy one.

But as other people have said the Black Lion weapons do cycle periodically – even if the one you want isn’t available now it will come back later. It may cost 3-5 tickets when it does, but even then the price on the TP will drop.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

Well there use to be a time that the doors were not locked. I can’t be updated in every detail of the game or change or undocumented change….

If you’re spending hundreds of Euros buying keys to get a particular skin, you should probably make sure that content is available first. This is definitely on you.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The list of available skins changes every time there’s an update to the BL chest and/or a new BL weapon skin. Every single time. This has been true since the game launched.

The list of skins available from double clicking a scrap or ticket is nearly always smaller than what’s available inside the vault; that’s been true since the inclusion of the vault.

Finally, it has always been the case and will continue to be true that the most cost effective way to get a skin is to put in a buy offer on the TP at the price you are willing to spend. The cost of acquiring x tickets|10x scraps via purchase of BL keys is always higher, regardless of what X is, unless you are very, very lucky.

tl;dr put in a custom buy offer for the skin(s) you want at the price you are willing to pay; only invest in BL keys if you like the excitement that happens just before you open.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

The list of available skins changes every time there’s an update to the BL chest and/or a new BL weapon skin. Every single time. This has been true since the game launched.

The list of skins available from double clicking a scrap or ticket is nearly always smaller than what’s available inside the vault; that’s been true since the inclusion of the vault.

Finally, it has always been the case and will continue to be true that the most cost effective way to get a skin is to put in a buy offer on the TP at the price you are willing to spend. The cost of acquiring x tickets|10x scraps via purchase of BL keys is always higher, regardless of what X is, unless you are very, very lucky.

tl;dr put in a custom buy offer for the skin(s) you want at the price you are willing to pay; only invest in BL keys if you like the excitement that happens just before you open.

The odd caveat to this logic is that SOMEONE has to obtain BL keys to open chests to get scraps to get a skin to put on the TP to begin with. If everyone followed this advice, there would be no skins to be had on the TP at all. Lucky for us, some people like the gamble. And yes, I’m fully aware that keys sell very well and the supply of skins will continuously abound. My point is, be thankful that others are buying the keys so you don’t have to..

One suggestion I have for OP is this: use the tickets you got for the skin you want and invest in the current skins instead. Wait a few months (at least) then sell for profit. That could get you close to the gold you need for the skin you’re after. Depending on what you think of the current set of skins (Abaddon) and the observable market for them, you might want to wait to see if the next set is better for an investment. They might also be cheaper if Anet rolls the cost back down to 1 ticket vs 2 for the current set.

(edited by Aurelian Omenkind.2470)

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

duplicate post- deleted

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I do the key farm x5 almost every week and slowly build up scraps and tickets. Right now I’m sitting on 7 (I think?) full tickets, waiting for something new and of interest to be available. I hate the idea of spending 5 tickets on a skin I like, since that was many weeks of key runs.

Anyway, you can earn keys without spending any real money or trading gold for gems.

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

I do the key farm x5 almost every week and slowly build up scraps and tickets. Right now I’m sitting on 7 (I think?) full tickets, waiting for something new and of interest to be available. I hate the idea of spending 5 tickets on a skin I like, since that was many weeks of key runs.

Anyway, you can earn keys without spending any real money or trading gold for gems.

I know the Level 10 human PS key farm was nerfed to 1/wk. how do you do 5? One per race?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Sorry, shoulda been more specific. Multiple accounts. The idea being that anything truly good could be passed along to the main account, whether that be a skin from a ticket or a permanent merchant.