World Bosses, hopes on what will change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya there.

So, nobody knows what will come, only that they will change them. As we know there is a lot of trouble with things when world bosses are just… empty, and when they are not, the maps get into overflow and we can’t enter in time because 2 guilds doing Teq/Worm is enough to overflow everybody else these days.

I am hoping for a system that will do it like Scarlet Boss event did:
- Instead of the world boss in the middle of the PvE map, add portals to the boss, like Scarlet, those portals open instances with X limited number of people and it opens instances as it is needed.
- To make this possible they would need to use our Story Mode instance limits, where if you leave the Boss area, you’re kicked back to normal PvE.
- This will make possible what ANet wanted, that is, world bosses were made to groups of 15-25 people (expect teq/wurm).

Profit: There would not be needed the evil scale, or problems with bosses being defeated to fast, as the instances have their own limits and difficulty pre-set, also deleting the problems of bosses empty with one system to easy-join world-bosses.

I really believe world bosses can be fun again without zerg-lag-farm trains
What do you think?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I don’t think that will happen.

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I don’t think it will happen either, but who knows. There is such a kitten for Teq/Wurm dynamic that leaves the zones empty and barren.

Good content = Marionette, not overly frustrating and does not require everyone to be on teamspeak. Somewhat challenging and yet you feel rewarded.

Wurm/Teq = It’s great the first time and then it becomes tedious when you realize you have to use cheap tactics like ogre whistles and embers to guarantee your win. The most depressing thing is how empty the zone becomes, especially when you are on a low tier server and you have to guest on another server/overflow to insure that everyone on the map is doing the boss and that it’s coordinated. If they wanted to do this, it should have been instanced. I guess that would affect marionette too, but at least in that case, you could survive if even half the participants didn’t need to run a specific build.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Intentionally masking a personal suggestion with a thread title that misleads and tricks players into clicking on your thread to boost its viewcount with a statement of fact that is not, is very shady and causes me to not even read your suggestion out of principle.

I request that you or a mod edit the thread title to remove the “incoming!” and add “[Suggestion]” to the beginning. (title was altered)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Increase capacity of players on the same map(Sparkfly fen for example) + increase Tequatl’s HP/Toughness or w/e.

For me, world bosses like Tequatl are way too easy.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: sonic.7592

sonic.7592

But it is already stated that they change things about the world bosses with this feature patch.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But it is already stated that they change things about the world bosses with this feature patch.

They did state that? Where?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Intentionally masking a personal suggestion with a thread title that misleads and tricks players into clicking on your thread to boost its viewcount with a statement of fact that is not, is very shady and causes me to not even read your suggestion out of principle.

I request that you or a mod edit the thread title to remove the “!” and add “[Suggestion]” to the beginning.

Agree-100% —I hate when posters mislead with purposely false headings Hopefully the OP or mods follows your suggestion. (I tried to report, but someone already has).

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: sonic.7592

sonic.7592

In a German inteview! They asked about plans to change the organizations of such world bosses and the community manager hinted at the last 3 blog posts!

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Oh wow thats terrible communication to only state that on a German intervieuw

Professional noob guardian

Max Lexandre.6279

Agree-100% —I hate when posters mislead with purposely false headings Hopefully the OP or mods follows your suggestion. (I tried to report, but someone already has).

I request that you or a mod edit the thread title to remove the “incoming!” and add “[Suggestion]” to the beginning.

I did not make the title as i wanted, the evil thing limited the length so i have i put something simple, i’m sorry i got your inner rage/hating device active about that. The “incoming” part comes from the already confirmed incoming changes to this system.

Anyway just managed to edit to a better title.

Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Max Lexandre.6279

In a German inteview! They asked about plans to change the organizations of such world bosses and the community manager hinted at the last 3 blog posts!

Yes that’s where this thread comes from, as changes are coming to World Bosses on a confirmed way, only to know if it’s just minor tweaks, or really new and better ways to participate on this major events.

Asura thing.

StinVec.3621

Here is what they are talking about, I think. I can only guess as they did not supply the requested citation.
http://nerdybookahs.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/foostival-2014-interview-with-ramon

This is the interview from Foostival with Ramon Domke, the German community manager of Guild Wars 2

9. Will there be more world bosses like Tequatl?
He definitely does not want to exclude that possibility.

10. Are they thinking about putting the bigger bosses that need lots of coordination onto special maps? So that those who do this content don’t disturb those who want to level in that zone.
He refers to the last few bullet points on the April 2014 Feature Pack release and tells us to wait for those to be revealed ((Facilitating Friendly Play Parts 1, 2 and 3 which will be shown April 2 – April 4)). This question will be answered in detail in there.

edit
Number 46 is very interesting. I wonder how it would affect the event timers (including zone bosses) on many websites.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

Increase capacity of players on the same map(Sparkfly fen for example) + increase Tequatl’s HP/Toughness or w/e.

For me, world bosses like Tequatl are way too easy.

If Tequatl feels way too easy for you, it is not because of you, maybe you have great group around of you and they are just doing their job right.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I request that you or a mod edit the thread title to remove the “incoming!” and add “[Suggestion]” to the beginning.

I did not make the title as i wanted, the evil thing limited the length so i have i put something simple, i’m sorry i got your inner rage/hating device active about that. The “incoming” part comes from the already confirmed incoming changes to this system.

Anyway just managed to edit to a better title.

No inner rage what so ever, just calling you out on the title-thanks for the change.
As for the german interviews—nothing that we don’t already know and no specifics were offered.

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

We’ve known for a long time that the major world bosses (dragon champions) will receive a revamp at some point so that they closer resemble the difficulty of Tequatl. What we have long speculated about is how ANET see the state of world boss participation and whether changes are incoming in that respect.

For a long time I, and many others, have championed the addition of GW2-style raid content which would alleviate both the queues and the lack of participation. I wont bore you by posting the details but im wondering whether ANET have taken note and agreed with what has been said. Whether or not that means including raid content I dont know…. but any change is a step forward in my opinion.

Im looking forward to reading the next few blog posts!

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t think they will revamp another world boss until they develop some friendly, small raid tool to manage overflows or participants. They would killl their own content for casuals and trade it to the small percentage of elitist guilds focused on killing them.

StinVec.3621

Thank you for altering your title to more appropriately reflect your thread contents.

Regarding your suggestion, I like the idea of boss portals taking you to an instance to engage the boss (but not for all zone boss events). The Thaumanova Reactor has a boss event such as this that can be activated by opening a portal to engage a Displaced Steam Ogre (by using an infused Matrix Cube Key on the console in the shielded area of the central chamber).

This would also allow for a more appropriate level of scaling for the event based on how many port in to engage the boss. As it is now, players can engage most (if not all) zone bosses for a few shots and then run off to the sidelines out of harms way and still receive their rewards after the boss goes down. These players are no longer contributing to the fight against the boss and the boss is still scaled to include them. If everyone who ports in to the boss through the boss portal has a limited area of movement to where they cannot run off to a safe area (personal story boundaries), then the event can maintain its proper scaling due to non-participating players being removed from the instance.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Max Lexandre.6279

I don’t think they will revamp another world boss until they develop some friendly, small raid tool to manage overflows or participants. They would killl their own content for casuals and trade it to the small percentage of elitist guilds focused on killing them.

I mostly agree with you, on the server i was, Underworld, we were never able to finish with success Wurm or Teq, i don’t yet the achiv for both. We need a better core system to gather the necessary amount of players, and help them organize spreading around the several objectives.

Thank you for altering your title to more appropriately reflect your thread contents.

Regarding your suggestion, I like the idea of boss portals taking you to an instance to engage the boss (but not for all zone boss events). The Thaumanova Reactor has a boss event such as this that can be activated by opening a portal to engage a Displaced Steam Ogre (by using an infused Matrix Cube Key on the console in the shielded area of the central chamber).

This would also allow for a more appropriate level of scaling for the event based on how many port in to engage the boss. As it is now, players can engage most (if not all) zone bosses for a few shots and then run off to the sidelines out of harms way and still receive their rewards after the boss goes down. These players are no longer contributing to the fight against the boss and the boss is still scaled to include them. If everyone who ports in to the boss through the boss portal has a limited area of movement to where they cannot run off to a safe area (personal story boundaries), then the event can maintain its proper scaling due to non-participating players being removed from the instance.

Yes, i think first the best way to make them work, then revamp the other world bosses, gathering all people inside one instance, where they can’t be there just standing going the easy ways waiting to others to do the dirty job, it’s nothing that hard to achieve, all this systems are part of the game, the instanced bosses with limits and portals.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That doesn’t mean they will change anything about bosses themselves – for all you know they could have be talking about improving LFG and squad systems.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November