WvW & Ascended Weapons/Armor [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Whats the point of the additional infusion slots beyond what we already have? Are they raising the bar and removing the barrier for level50+?
Jade Maws agony at 50+ is insta-kill regardless of agony resist…so unless they remove this barrier, it makes Ascended armor even more pointless.

That’s the whole idea. The cap will be removed.

Has this been said anywhere? I was expecting with Ascended weapons they’d raise the cap to 60 or at least hint it being raised. This is an obvious move to see…….but I’ve learned the obvious in a case like this isn’t always what happens.
I’ve seen nothing said or even hinted at by Anet that they are doing this. If there is some word from them somewhere, I would love to see it…..because as of now, this gear is beyond pointless.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No one wants ascended armor.

Hello, my name is No one.

Why do you want this?

Having a long term goal for upgrading gear yet being able to do so at my own pace without hurting my capabilities in the game? Why wouldn’t I want this?

That did not really answer my question, I see no good reason to put ascended armour in the game. So why should people want this. Beyond the obvious “something to do” part.

Of course it answered the question. Well… answered the question with a question. But that’s the gist of it… it adds a slightly higher tier of armor that isn’t game-breaking or required to get to be competitive and serves as a longer term goal for characters. It’s a tier I can work for and take my time acquiring. Ascended will be the final tier for quite some time, hopefully forever, so it should be a notable time sink and long range goal. Exotics… characters these days are practically born with them. Once you hit 80 (especially on an alt) you’re more likely than not to be fully exotic the same day, a few days at most depending on resources. So I welcome our ascended overlords as I walk the slow, casual path to obtain that status myself while still enjoying the WvW and living story aspects of the game.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

No one wants ascended armor. Keep it out of the game please.

Ascended armor is not about PvP, PvE or WvW. If that’s what you think it’s for then yes, it’s not for you at all.

Ascended armor is made for fractals. Stats make no difference, but the infusion slot allows us, the fractal players to advance.

Regardless on what you think of ascended weapons or armors, it’s is purely made with fractals in mind.

In my opinion they should keep the stats the same as the exotics, so people would stop complaining…

Ascended gear is not made for fractals. If it was, you would be able to get more than rings through fractaling. Also, with the cap, ascended armor will be completely worthless, because a few extra AR won’t save you from the jade maw.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Why do you want this?

Again… Ascended equipment in general is used for infusion slots. Infusion slots allow us (fractal players) to put in agony resistance in our stats.
More info on Agony in general.

Now Agony Resistance is needed for progression in fractals. The maximum cap at the moment is 55 Agony Resistance. This allows us to get to level 50. At level 50 at the moment there’s a cap in place where Agony Resistance doesn’t matter because you will die regardless. That cap was put in place for some unknown reason to us all. With additional 6 infusion slots Agony Resistance will be increased to 85 total. With that in mind, the cap on fractals should be removed and progression will be possible (without doing odd level fractals).

The only problem with Ascended Weapons / Armors is that the stats are slightly higher than those of Exotic status. That being said, makes thus equipment more desirable for everyone that wants to increase their stats, rather than just those that do fractals.

Aside from regular Agony Resistance infusion, the slots can be used for other infusions such as +5 power, +5 vitality, etc. That slight rise in stats along with another slight rise from ascended equipment make it desirable for many elite players basically trying to max out their class output. Aside from that infusion slots can be used for non-combat stats boost infusions such as +20% Magic Find or +20% Gold from monsters. Those infusions make it quite desirable for farmers.

Any way you looking at it, make the ascended armor desirable for anyone looking forward personal increase of stats or gold. But more than anyone, fractal players.

Every single party in the game been getting content for their way of playing. PvP with new maps and matching systems, WvW with new map coming out and constant additions such as map rewamping, wvw seasons, rewards, uprgading, leveling system. And most of all PvE players with new content coming out with every 2 weeks, along with dungeon rewarding, champion farming etc. Us, the fractals players been practically playing fractals since it came out a year ago, and since then it was practically untouhced. Reward system is purely based on RNG as it was since day one. The profitability from fractals is close to none compared to all other ways of making gold. And we had the same exact 9 maps since the fractals first came out.

It is our turn to have some fun.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

How is it unfair stat advantage in pvp? Everyone has equal opportunity to make it. If you don’t want to then it’s your own problem.

I also find it interesting that you don’t want ascended gear in wvw but you’re perfectly okay with up level characters being in there. Which an up leveled character will be far more disadvantaged than some one in an exotic vs ascended fight.

But that’s okay right? Right.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Romo.3709

Has this been said anywhere? I was expecting with Ascended weapons they’d raise the cap to 60 or at least hint it being raised. This is an obvious move to see…….but I’ve learned the obvious in a case like this isn’t always what happens.
I’ve seen nothing said or even hinted at by Anet that they are doing this. If there is some word from them somewhere, I would love to see it…..because as of now, this gear is beyond pointless.

Next update will be an update for fractals judging from the picture. It would really be a waste of time and effort if the cap wouldn’t be raised. It’s just a logical thinking.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Why do you want this?

Again… Ascended equipment in general is used for infusion slots. Infusion slots allow us (fractal players) to put in agony resistance in our stats.

Now Agony Resistance is needed for progression in fractals. The maximum cap at the moment is 55 Agony Resistance. This allows us to get to level 50. At level 50 at the moment there’s a cap in place where Agony Resistance doesn’t matter because you will die regardless. That cap was put in place for some unknown reason to us all. With additional 6 infusion slots Agony Resistance will be increased to 85 total. With that in mind, the cap on fractals should be removed and progression will be possible (without doing odd level fractals).

The only problem with Ascended Weapons / Armors is that the stats are slightly higher than those of Exotic status. That being said, makes thus equipment more desirable for everyone that wants to increase their stats, rather than just those that do fractals.

Aside from regular Agony Resistance infusion, the slots can be used for other infusions such as +5 power, +5 vitality, etc. That slight rise in stats along with another slight rise from ascended equipment make it desirable for many elite players basically trying to max out their class output. Aside from that infusion slots can be used for non-combat stats boost infusions such as +20% Magic Find or +20% Gold from monsters. Those infusions make it quite desirable for farmers.

Any way you looking at it, make the ascended armor desirable for anyone looking forward personal increase of stats or gold. But more than anyone, fractal players.

Every single party in the game been getting content for their way of playing. PvP with new maps and matching systems, WvW with new map coming out and constant additions such as map rewamping, wvw seasons, rewards, uprgading, leveling system. And most of all PvE players with new content coming out with every 2 weeks, along with dungeon rewarding, champion farming etc. Us, the fractals players been practically playing fractals since it came out a year ago, and since then it was practically untouhced. Reward system is purely based on RNG as it was since day one. The profitability from fractals is close to none compared to all other ways of making gold. And we had the same exact 9 maps since the fractals first came out.

How does ascended armor provide “fun” in a way that rings, amulets, trinkets, and weapons do not?

If getting additional agony resistance counts as fun, then fractal players have been getting constant updates all years. If it doesn’t, then ascended armor won’t make a difference.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I don’t like your suggested system at all. I’d much prefer to just craft Ascended armor for characters who need it. Which is pretty much none of my characters, so… yeah.

I think “do a whole ton of stuff without dying” is just as much, if not more, of a grind as “earn materials you get (or buy them) just by playing the game.”

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

Why do you want this?

How does ascended armor provide “fun” in a way that rings, amulets, trinkets, and weapons do not?

If getting additional agony resistance counts as fun, then fractal players have been getting constant updates all years. If it doesn’t, then ascended armor won’t make a difference.

Collecting ascended gear is the one part of fractals that isn’t fun. I remember having to wait for amulets and earrings because it was through dailies/guild missions. That was the worst. It’s just a brick wall on your progression, that really doesn’t need to be there.

Romo.3709

We have not been getting updates at all. Rings been there since day one…. Fun is getting those 3 extra maps to rotation, ability to progress past the level 50 cap and actually getting some kind of reward system introduced in fractals. All those been promised by the end of this year, so the next update will show if they kept their word.

Romo.3709

Collecting ascended gear is the one part of fractals that isn’t fun. I remember having to wait for amulets and earrings because it was through dailies/guild missions. That was the worst. It’s just a brick wall on your progression, that really doesn’t need to be there.

That part is sadly true… Getting ascended gear is never fun…

Romo.3709

Number one reason why Ascended gear is worth it

But I do agree with you that it should be kept in PvE exclusively.

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Ascended armor is made for *fractals*. Stats make no difference, but the infusion slot allows us, the fractal players to advance.

I’m at level 45 Fractals myself, and I, by no means, support the ascended tier. If there was no stat-difference from exotic, and it was sorely used for completing fractals, then I wouldn’t have a problem with it. It’s not, however.

it adds a slightly higher tier of armor that isn’t game-breaking or required to get to be competitive

Stop being naive. Ascended is extremely game-breaking in terms of WvW. A character fitted in full exotic, will be something like +25% (most likely more) less effective compared to someone in full ascended. That’s the definition of game-breaking.
Besides, it won’t be long before casual players find themselves kicked from every single dungeon run, because elitist PvE’ers want people in BiS gear.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

fellyn.5083

Why should it be pve only? Because it requires a little bit of effort and time to get? Because people are lazy?

Romo.3709

To be honest, they should have exactly same stats as exotic except for the infusion slots. People wouldn’t complain so much then cuz only certain people would want it, such as gold farmers or fractal players.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Yes, yes and yes.

Getting Ascended gear of any sorts simply isn’t fun. I can see why people want it in PvE but WvW is PvP. An even playing ground is key to a successful PvP format. Aside from the obvious artificial barrier Ascended gear introduces it generates even more power creep (like there wasn’t already enough: WvW server buffs, bloodlust, WXP ranks, food, etc.) something that is already harming the game now and will only get worse over time if it doesn’t stop.

^this^ entirely … something that ANet completely and inexplicably does not understand.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Romo.3709

Ascended armor is made for fractals. Stats make no difference, but the infusion slot allows us, the fractal players to advance.

I’m at level 45 Fractals myself, and I, by no means, support the ascended tier. If there was no stat-difference from exotic, and it was sorely used for completing fractals, then I wouldn’t have a problem with it. It’s not, however.

And that is sadly why there’s so many people complaining. I’d much rather have it at exact same stats as exotics. It would make everything much smoother and nobody would be mad…

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I really don’t want this game to become one of those fail games where you just grind for gear, it’s not even a fun grind.

To late.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

ANET kinda used a cop-out and basically said WvW being imbalanced is working as intended, apparently. If someone has the precise quote feel free to drop it here.

Even if they didn’t say it, their actions pretty much show it.

Devon Carter was the dev who stated that “WvW was never intended to be fair.” He went on to refer to things like better tactics, better skills, better coordination, etc always giving one side or the other an advantage, but his other comments (the very few that he posted) in the WvW “collaboration” thread (now closed) make it very clear that he does not feel population imbalance is either a core problem or that it is fixable. He has promised to summarize the ideas offered by the player community, but we haven’t seen it yet and I’m expecting it to focus on PPT adjustments and not game play balance.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

was gonna post, but fellyn already said what I was thinking. People QQ all day about wvw being unfair regarding ascended. But one never hears them whining when they are killing uplevels, we can also say, those who can afford all the best boost/buffs ect have an advantage over those who cannot afford them. I don’t hear any QQ about that. If people want everyone in wvw on a level playing field. ALL food buffs/boost should be removed and make it like s/tpvp. With all the “extra” buffs/food/ boost people are allowed to “buy” to give an advantage, is why some do not consider wvw real pvp but more of a mix of pve/pvp

fellyn.5083

I believe that the way Ascended Gear is released goes against what made GW2 so fun in the past. It didn’t force you into doing stuff you didn’t want to do.

An Ascended weapon means I’ll be doing 10+% more damage than with my Exotic Weapon. That’s pretty huge in any kind of PvP.

So why aren’t there multiple pathways to getting these items? I mean from the start. From release. When Legendary/Ascended Weapons were released, there should have been a WvW method of getting them, or some sort of equivalent.

I don’t mean to say that it should be easy to get these items, but I find PvE boring—This is a game killer for me, and I know it is for some others, too.

Fix it, please.

Precursor weapons drop in wvw. I’m pretty sure you can get most of the other materials to make a legendary weapon in wvw too, except for the dungeon tokens.

Therefor Legendarys can be obtained in wvw. Same goes for all the materials required to make ascended weapons.

And complete ascended weapons have a chance to drop anywhere that ascended materials drop as well.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Neo from The Matrix told me to trust you!

FrĂłr (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

it adds a slightly higher tier of armor that isn’t game-breaking or required to get to be competitive

Stop being naive. Ascended is extremely game-breaking in terms of WvW. A character fitted in full exotic, will be something like +25% (most likely more) less effective compared to someone in full ascended. That’s the definition of game-breaking.
Besides, it won’t be long before casual players find themselves kicked from every single dungeon run, because elitist PvE’ers want people in BiS gear.

using absurdly false numbers is not really helping your case…

For condition users you gain 5% more damage and about 3% more defense.
For Zerker users you gain 17% more damage and 0% more defense.

That is over ALL ascended gear, including armor.

No one is getting anywhere close to 25% more effective. The real problem with ascended gear is the scaling disparity… Zerker gains such an overwhelming large advantage over other gear types that after full ascended is introduced it will be zerker or bust.

fellyn.5083

Why should it be pve only? Because it requires a little bit of effort and time to get? Because people are lazy?

How many piece of ascended gear have you gotten?

More than one less than 20.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Just a little bit of effort and time?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

See, any fractal player I know mind ascended gear. And I am most likely higher in “fractal progression” than you are.

fellyn.5083

Just a little bit of effort and time?

Yes? I’m talking about the weapons and accessories. If you play semi-regularly it should take all that much effort to get a weapon or two made.

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Easier solution for you OP: don’t get it. You already point out some things and I feel the same way: it’s not needed. Don’t get it.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Romo.3709

See, any fractal player I know mind ascended gear. And I am most likely higher in “fractal progression” than you are.

I have 3 characters at level 50. And one at 53, since I like my rewards and I really don’t feel like wasting time doing odds just for the sake of the number.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why would you have to do PvP or WvW for items you can not use in either place? That seems rather odd. Luckily, this suggestion is just that….a suggestion.

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I’m not gonna read all that crap lol but since OP has nothing better to do than suggesting removal of game content every time he/she/it makes a post, I am at the point of asking if there’s anything else you would like to complain about or have removed today?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I have 3 characters at level 50. And one at 53, since I like my rewards and I really don’t feel like wasting time doing odds just for the sake of the number.

Well, you just proved I was right.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

The trouble with being apathetic about it is the gap between full exotic and full ascended will only get bigger if it’s introduced on armor.

My only issue with ascended gear is it can’t be earned in world pve and wvw, but it can be used there. Players that want to play BIS are either forced to grind content outside of what they enjoy, or make 1 laurel a day. Vendors for ascended gear should sell in appropriate currencies to how players want to earn them.

That… and the infusion slots need to be combined and cleaned up. A single offense/defense/utility slot is bs. Bake the agony resistance into each trinket, then have an offense/defense slot for the wvw infusions AND a utility slot for pve bonuses.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Woohooo more time gated items to wait for!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Ascended is a done deal. However, complaining about it might make them think twice about implementing Trasncendant or w/e if their horizontal progression skill initiative fails to entice players who want progression goals.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Ascended is a done deal. However, complaining about it might make them think twice about implementing Trasncendant or w/e if their horizontal progression skill initiative fails to entice players who want progression goals.

Absolutely the best reason for complaining. It’s not going to stop ascended gear from getting into the game, but it might make Anet think twice about going one further.

The weapon grind was overkill….not so much the ascended part but leveling your crafting professions to 500 was unnecessarily punishing.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

I believe that the way Ascended Gear is released goes against what made GW2 so fun in the past. It didn’t force you into doing stuff you didn’t want to do.

An Ascended weapon means I’ll be doing 10+% more damage than with my Exotic Weapon. That’s pretty huge in any kind of PvP.

So why aren’t there multiple pathways to getting these items? I mean from the start. From release. When Legendary/Ascended Weapons were released, there should have been a WvW method of getting them, or some sort of equivalent.

I don’t mean to say that it should be easy to get these items, but I find PvE boring—This is a game killer for me, and I know it is for some others, too.

Fix it, please.

Precursor weapons drop in wvw. I’m pretty sure you can get most of the other materials to make a legendary weapon in wvw too, except for the dungeon tokens.

Therefor Legendarys can be obtained in wvw. Same goes for all the materials required to make ascended weapons.

And complete ascended weapons have a chance to drop anywhere that ascended materials drop as well.

Are you really relying on RNG to acquire your ascended weapons on GW2? I mean, really? And what would you do with a Healing Power / Precision / Vitality weapon on a Condition Damage build?

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Agony resistance needs a design overhaul, as do infusions. Ascended gear is just a point of contention in the community.

TooBz.3065

Absolutely the best reason for complaining. It’s not going to stop ascended gear from getting into the game, but it might make Anet think twice about going one further.

The weapon grind was overkill….not so much the ascended part but leveling your crafting professions to 500 was unnecessarily punishing.

I agree with most of this, although I think ascended weapons require too much material. (Not to mention messing up new comers by inflating the cost of those materials, but whatever)

Remember how easy it was to get Jewel crafting from 375 to 400? I’m pretty sure I made one earring maybe two. Crafting to 500 was brutal.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I still find it ironic that people use WvW as an excuse against Ascended equipment. They cite statistics, percentages, and such, but fail to remember one important thing… and that is that the one on one encounters do not matter in a mode of play that’s designed around group siege warfare. In the end, in WvW, the server with the biggest zerg wins.

False. Havoc squads can impact the capabilities of a team severely. If your massive Zerg is in EBG then you can have enemies slipping in to take down your keeps very quickly in the borderlands. Taking supplies is always devastating towards holding fortifications, and a small group nabbing frogs or dredge can create a nuisance.

And even then. Why do you think commanders ask for might and boons before a big engagement? Because that extra DPS can devastate a Zerg. Knockback, zone control, and all these things can break up ranks and make a Zerg much less ineffective when you’re blasting your enemy targets allover the place preventing them from stacking in place.

Zerg play is very key, but do not underestimate the small things. Don’t underestimate damage percentages, don’t underestimate extra might, don’t underestimate the power of casting stealth, invisibility, portals, blinds, aegis, and all these things. They can change a battle completely. I for example tend to carry ballista prints so that when my server is capping SMC and the enemy is holding up, we can throw down ballistas at the entrances and use a guardian to keep them trapped inside while we block out their push from the outside and prevent any dead from coming inside. What about tapping keeps to prevent enemy reinforcements from returning as quickly? That’s highly key too.

Seconding this. I’m part of a havoc squad, rebel guild, ‘troll society’ and it’s extremely important to have the best gear available there. We often fight up to 3 times as many enemies (3v9 yesterday, finished them all).

What I think WvW needs:

• Option 1: Downscale ascended to exotic stats.
  • Option 2: Let us play WvW-Only characters, that can have BiS gear and level 80 without cost.
  • Option 3: Upscale exotic armour in WvW to ascended.
  • Option 4: Delete PvE gear from WvW, allow players to get their PvE skins for free and unlimited from a database.
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

I still find it ironic that people use WvW as an excuse against Ascended equipment. They cite statistics, percentages, and such, but fail to remember one important thing… and that is that the one on one encounters do not matter in a mode of play that’s designed around group siege warfare. In the end, in WvW, the server with the biggest zerg wins.

False. Havoc squads can impact the capabilities of a team severely. If your massive Zerg is in EBG then you can have enemies slipping in to take down your keeps very quickly in the borderlands. Taking supplies is always devastating towards holding fortifications, and a small group nabbing frogs or dredge can create a nuisance.

And even then. Why do you think commanders ask for might and boons before a big engagement? Because that extra DPS can devastate a Zerg. Knockback, zone control, and all these things can break up ranks and make a Zerg much less ineffective when you’re blasting your enemy targets allover the place preventing them from stacking in place.

Zerg play is very key, but do not underestimate the small things. Don’t underestimate damage percentages, don’t underestimate extra might, don’t underestimate the power of casting stealth, invisibility, portals, blinds, aegis, and all these things. They can change a battle completely. I for example tend to carry ballista prints so that when my server is capping SMC and the enemy is holding up, we can throw down ballistas at the entrances and use a guardian to keep them trapped inside while we block out their push from the outside and prevent any dead from coming inside. What about tapping keeps to prevent enemy reinforcements from returning as quickly? That’s highly key too.

Seconding this. I’m part of a havoc squad, rebel guild, ‘troll society’ and it’s extremely important to have the best gear available there. We often fight up to 3 times as many enemies (3v9 yesterday, finished them all).

What I think WvW needs:

• Option 2: Let us play WvW-Only characters, that can have BiS gear and level 80 without cost.
  • Option 4: Delete PvE gear from WvW, allow players to get their PvE skins for free and unlimited from a database.

I feel like your organized havoc squad would still have the same effect on overall PPT if you were running around in all exotics. Organization, teamwork, and experience play a much more significant role than stats.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

What I think WvW needs:

I feel like your organized havoc squad would still have the same effect on overall PPT if you were running around in all exotics. Organization, teamwork, and experience play a much more significant role than stats.

Against ignorant zerglings we would most probably… against other organised havoc squads that did have exotics… don’t think so.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Fix it, please.

we are talking about wanting more paths to earn rewards than the two options that are present. what you mentioned still revolves around overgrinding mats and/or spending hundreds of gold just to sit around crafting stations for hours, and hoping to get lucky with the abysmal drop rates. then again, if you were to spend hundreds of gold, you can maximize magic find to get a 0.3% boost to improve your chances lol.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Scrambles.2604

What I think WvW needs:

Against ignorant zerglings we would most probably… against other organised havoc squads that did have exotics… don’t think so.

no offense, but that sounds like a cop-out.

“dang! that other havoc group only beat us because they have ascended!!”

I’m sure if that situation actually happened, there would be a lot more significant things that determined the outcome of that fight. And more importantly, regardless who won the groupvgroup fight, the effect on PPT would still be non-existent or insignificant.

TooBz.3065

What I think WvW needs:

I’m sure if that situation actually happened, there would be a lot more significant things that determined the outcome of that fight. And more importantly, regardless who won the groupvgroup fight, the effect on PPT would still be non-existent or insignificant.

I disagree. It only sounds like a cop out because you think ascended gear doesn’t matter.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I still find it ironic that people use WvW as an argument against Ascended equipment. They cite statistics, percentages, and such, but fail to remember one important thing… and that is that the one on one encounters do not matter in a mode of play that’s designed around group siege warfare.

I will counter with only one word: Ruins.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Scrambles.2604

What I think WvW needs:

I disagree. It only sounds like a cop out because you think ascended gear doesn’t matter.

in the big picture of WvW, losing a group v group fight because a group had ascended gear isn’t going to matter when your server’s primetime zerg rolls through the borderland that evening.

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

I managed to get a ascended box drop in wvw today. Shame it was apocryphy gear however the skin is beautiful. So grinding isn’t always the only way to go

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

TooBz.3065

What I think WvW needs:

in the big picture of WvW, losing a group v group fight because a group had ascended gear isn’t going to matter when your server’s primetime zerg rolls through the borderland that evening.

So everyone keeps telling me. You will never convince me, I will never convince you. One of us in wrong. Meh.

Scrambles.2604

What I think WvW needs:

So everyone keeps telling me. You will never convince me, I will never convince you. One of us in wrong. Meh.

Ascended gear is a pretty significant and desirable upgrade for an individual. But in WvW, an individual is insignificant and undesirable.

Ascended gear is significant on a micro scale but WvW functions on a macro scale, so the overall effects of people having ascended gear, when roughly the same % of the enemy server population has ascended gear, is insignificant.