Your forum highlights from the past year.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Ok, this is how it goes. Navigate to your forum profile, then to your highly rated posts, then paste your favorite one here (first page only). No flame wars, but extra points if posts can all flow together naturally. We’ve had some good posts over the last year for a wide degree of subjects, lets see the highlights from the last year from the best the forum has!

Here’s mine.

For anyone just coming into this thread, here’s a synopsis
“GW2 is doing great!”
“No it isn’t, it’s already dead or dying!”
“What? Prove it!”
“I don’t need to prove it, you prove it’s still doing well!”
“I don’t need to prove it’s doing well, you prove it’s dying!”
ad nauseum
The End.

edit: remember, use posts that others have rated highly from you. then pick the favorite from that first page.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I think this might flow

Oh, come on killcannon! You’ve seen gaming forums. I’m surprised you had any hope left!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll go with mine on chairs (note there are some nice recent posts from several people talking about possible gem store items that become chairs of various types with poses assigned to hotkeys). I just love the screenshot I used to illustrate the issue

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Why-We-Need-Sittable-Chairs-Picture/first#post2518213

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Simple question really, do seeing a person with a legendary make you go like; “Ohhh!”, are you indifferent, or another reaction?

Nope.

Is there any reputation on getting one?

Nope.

Would you go for it for the reputation or for the looks?

Nope.

If it became harder/easier would you appreciate it more/less?

Nope.

If you do appreciate something from legendaries or its users, what is it?

Nope.

EDIT: I just wanna remind everyone…. **** legendaries.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

The Arena Net devs said “Kitten it! We’ll make one more update with the craziest ideas we can think of. If the players don’t love it we’ll make an expansion.”

And that’s why the Tower of Nightmares is…

• Dynamic events that must be completed to even enter.
  • Multiple Jumping Puzzles on your way to the top.
  • Two Dungeons along the way.
  • An epic Zerg Boss Battle at the top (think Orr rather than Teq)
  • A portal opens to a brand new Zone where ascended armor drops.
  • No WP’s. At all.
  • Meta achievement resets daily and has scaling rewards.

Basically, they said “Let’s just take the hardest version of every type of content and mash it all together.”

EDIT: This post is in the spirit of fun. It’s not based on fact.

NOTE: I added the disclaimer at the end because people actually thought this was leaked information.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Mine one wasnt that optimistic i was talking about why they should improve the LS thats the post:
“Maybe, they should do something to keep ppl interested otherwise you know, Wildstar, EQ Next, ESO… I dont even need to explain…”

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Trog sent me something that time. Was pleasantly surprised.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

My top rated post is this one: I was posting a pic, so check original thread.

This sounds like fun.

My personal favorite is one from over a year ago, discussing the human female, umm, 3d mesh. Not because I said anything interesting, but because my 3rd rated post ever was in a thread about boobs.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think I messed up and didn’t realize we were supposed to post the actual text from a highly rated post on our first page. So to hope to get this on track I will post this from my first page:

Today some players found a bot in Queensdale. Some Mesmers ported it onto one of those balloon towers and because it auto "f"s constantly it took the balloon to DR. That was pretty funny.

The Burninator

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I contributed to a mesmer nerf that anet actually decided to go through with. Back then, Into the Void was instant cast.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Into-the-Void-needs-balancing/first

So many mad mesmers that day. I was pleasantly surprised when they took my suggestion and actually implemented it in the next big balance patch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013/first#post2330359

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

My top two posts are both about dead characters needing to waypoint. How interesting.

I haven’t said anything I’m especially proud of My best posts were never upvoted, so the closest might have to be this little piece of work from a few months ago:

Now, I’ve been reading up on this whole election business, and I have to say I’ve got a question on my mind. You all busy yourselves with endless debates on benefits, drawbacks, even personality when it comes to the candidates. And that’s all well and good; it certainly helps to keep those of us whose information senses aren’t so keen up to date. Some of you focus on the leadership aspect of the job, others on the tactical necessities of a position of power in such a major domain, and in general, this forum has managed to hit on many key points of consideration.

But I ask you: what about stability? How many times, in the past year alone, has chaos emerged in Lion’s Arch? How often do things fly out of control, only able to be put back together by quintets of fighters and adventurers with mutually contradictory and yet oddly similar backstories? As players, chaos means content, and that’s great for us. But as citizens, do we really want that all the time? I doubt we do.

So I, for one, won’t vote for a candidate based on their promises of cheap commodities or flashy fractals. I’m going to vote for whoever I think will keep this city on an evon kiel.

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Trog sent me something that time. Was pleasantly surprised.

LoL

He sent me something too. I felt bad because my post was just a troll

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

He sent me something too

my second most popular post:

I want a tinfoil hat in the gemshop- mounts not so much.
Why is it that every week there is a thread about mounts?
The fact that there are waypoints/speed buffs and no mounts should really have given you guys a tip by now.
Also calling people who don’t want mounts unreasonable, is no more reasonable than demanding they be added every week.

and my personal favorite, talking about what kind of GW2 player I am:

I’m the “let’s do some personal story, hey what’s that, oh look can I get in here, wow that’s a cool looking character, I fell down a hole! there are shiny’s in here, skritt I’m dead. Where was I going again” type of player

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Mine is about Teq scaling:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Will-Teq-Scaling-Happen/page/2#post3084770

The thread goes something like this:
“Teq is hard”
“No it’s not, join <insert guild name>”
“But I don’t want to join specialized guild to do Teq”
“If you dont join, the only person preventing you from killing Teq is yourself. Teq is not an issue, it’s you”
And it goes on and on

And my Collboarative Dev suggestion
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Request-for-Topics/page/13#post3071673

Not really sure if I have fav posts there except I believe my suggestions carry merits. Unfortunately, other’s feedback got the focus

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

(edited by DeathMetal.8264)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

And my Collboarative Dev suggestion
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Request-for-Topics/page/13#post3071673

Not really sure if I have fav posts there except I believe my suggestions carry merits. Unfortunately, other’s feedback got the focus

I’m in the same boat, particularly on that thread. A few of my suggestions related to it were upvoted, but that won’t get a dev to respond. The dev’s definitely have their favourites to respond to, and I think most of us who posted or read that topic know exactly who they are.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

My most recent work of art:

Spiky Muffin.9180:
this thread makes me wanna go in pug groups and teach everybody though i doubt that would be received well ^^
anyway thx for reminding me of the people who aren’t kittens and actually appreciate advice.

You think it’s gonna be all rainbows and lollipops.
You pop on in and enter the dungeon, you see a staff mesmer with corruption sigil who tells you he doesn’t have a focus.
’That’s ok, just take feedback please’
you tell him, a smile on your face. This guy is gonna learn something about reflects today! Oh it’s exciting!
The guardian loads in, sword shield. Well he’s halfway there isn’t he. Halfway to a decent weapon setup despite his life sigil and Strength in Numbers popping up to indicate he’s probably AH.
’Hey bud, do you have a focus instead of that shield?
‘What? No. And that reminds me, I only use this sword for roleplaying. Sorry for the inconvenience.’
He swaps it to a mace. Ok well, that’s only 2 players so far, lets see what we get next.
A longbow ranger enters the scene. He has a polar bear and an arctodus. He isn’t your typical brown bear guy. He’s special. Like a snowflake. How else do you know? His other set is axe/torch and he’s running traps. What do you even say at this point? How do you even.. Well. You remain calm and ask him if he has a sword. That’s a negative however.
And then *drumroll please *
The crème de la crème of warrior’s loads in. Full cleric’s, shoutheals and a rifle. He proceeds to rifle attack every mob from the backline.
‘Excuse me warrior, do you happen to have a melee weapon, perhaps an axe?’
You ask politely.
Oh you’ve done it now, all 4 of these players have been interrogated by you, the elitist scummy. Did you ever stop to think about how you made them feel? I don’t think so. Heartless.
The warrior keyboard turns all the way around to face you.
’I’ll have you know that rifle is the highest single target dps in the game.’
‘He asked me about my build too! He has no right!’ The ranger chimes in.
The Mesmer.. ‘He… he tried to make me use a focus’ *shudders *
‘kitten YOU’RE ALL RUINING MY IMMERSION!’ screams the guardian.
In unison they chant.
‘We, play. how. we. want!’ We play how we want! We play how we want!’
The ranger passes out torches to everyone and they chase you out of the dungeon. As you almost reach the exit you trip up on the ranger’s spike trap. You fall. A single tear peels down your face as you accept your fate. You end up carrying the entire team for an hour or so and soloing the end boss.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

This was seriously my best one xD. After a server crash!

Anet activated a condition: Real Life – all players are affected by it for a couple of hours (it may stack)

Died. Revive yourself at the next Waypoint

“This waypoint is contested.”

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Quotes from my top 10:

1 – " I am voting Kiel because I am generally interested in Thaumanova. I don’t give a rat’s hoo-hah about Abaddon. I know what I am voting for. Happy?"

2 – “I do not want to help the Consortium. I want to help the settlers. And if that means being wrong in order to be right, I want to fight alongside Canach.”

3 – on Ascended gear: “My interest in GW2 took a noticeable dip when that came out.”

4 – “I am waiting for the epic finale – Trahearne vs Scarlett.”

5 – “In the low level areas, where your vit is reduced, 4 gift toys can just massacre you.”

6 – “I’ve had this problem for some time but particularly since the Tower of Nightmares patch. I am in a fight, ooh 1/3rd health left, hit 6 and the heal goes 1/2 way then cancels. I didnt dodge, I didnt move back, it just cancels!”

7 – “I am sitting here literally laughing at the tears of the Evon supporters.”

8 – “I have to be honest and say that part of the reason I insist on voting for Kiel (not that I wasn’t anyway) is because of the condescending attitude of some GW1 veterans and their insistence that we should all be interested in the same things that they are.”

9 – On SAB: “I haven’t even experienced the box yet, but seeing the ‘advert’ and battling the chest creatures has given me enough of a taste to say… this is awesome”

10 – “However, my first character was a thief and I don’t feel very… thiefy. I was expecting to sneak about on story missions and steal things from an unawares enemy. Or as a warrior to run in and fight mano-a-mano the Big Bad. On an elementalist, I hoped to use my skills to defeat the enemies with powers of nature. Perhaps on an engineer to manufacture items to fight for me.”

Yet… there is NONE of this. Every single class is run, attack, run, attack. Enemies almost all act one of two ways – close distance and melee or stand back and shoot."

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well, there’s this post that I absolutely love the fact that it’s one of my highest rated because apparently there’s a lot of Suikoden lovers out there. It was a thread of someone saying GW2 was the best “Game” ever made.

Well it’s the best MMORPG currently, as was GW1 imo. So yeah. Dunno if you could say it’s the best GAME ever played though, as Suikoden 2 holds that title still.

As for something amusing I guess this one about in-game story relationships;

You guys forgot Trahearne and Trahearne

My Sylvari and Trahearne, you mean.

You think you’re good enough for him do you?

“No one is good enough for Trahearne. The first step to being with him is realizing that and accepting it.”

I’m also happy that my motto for Fort Aspenwood WvWvW is my 5th highest.

A lot of people don’t realize that The Power of Love and Friendship is the most powerful weapon you can wield.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I prefer to censor myself with ‘Skrittin’.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I know exactly how you feel.

I can no longer play MMOS that do not have:

1. A Buy-to-play model.
2. Up to date graphics. The fact that the world in the distance looks like concept art is mindblowing to me.
3. A massive world
4. Level sidekicking.
5. A ridicolously high quality, and quantity, of animations.
6. Upleveling in PvP as well as instant access to best in-slot gear.
7. Dynamic events.
8. A personal story.
9. Jumping puzzles.
10. A dye system for your gear.
11. Cross realm auction house.
12. Great underwater combat.
13. Armour sets of a size that you can actually imagine wearing.
I remember a certain game where the power of your character would depend on the size of your shoulderpads.
And where there would only be new models for head gear and shoulderpads, where the rest of the gear would be re-painted versions of gear that has been around for years, if not just having the “gear” being paint on the character’s body.

I said this and now I am interested in Wildstar. :O

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Reading what people are proud of I just need to say that if I where a game designer I would stay completely away from the forums.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Maybe anet should just GIVE ascended weapon for you?

Yes. Why not. I don’t want to work in a frigging game to play the actual frigging game.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

One of my early ones:

I hate Orr as well, but for a different reason.

I don’t mind mobs everywhere. It hones my abilities when I have to use them all the time.

What I hate is the view! Everything in Orr looks like the bottom of an ill-tended aquarium. It’s dark, it’s slimy, and the only landscape features of note are broken pottery-style ruins and garish fake coral. The whole island looks like someone forgot to clean the fish tank for about 250 years.

Mob density could be a toned down a bit, but otherwise, I just cant stand the look of the place.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

There was a thread once were someone suggested a Trading Card Game for Guild Wars 2, I decided to make my own and posted it there. One of my best comments to date

I’ll just leave the card here, the rest of the comment was just You mean something like this?

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

My best was a response to a thread discussion the cost of the moa races vs the rewards.

“Moa money. Moa problems.”

But I don’t have a lot of good posts, and they are getting fewer and far between as I started as a very happy customer and turned into a very unhappy and disappointed customer the past 3 or so weeks. Not much of my stuff to give a thumbs up to any more.

I’m pretty happy over at Marvel Heroes though so far. Regardless of how you feel about the game (and no, I don’t think it’s an MMO at all, just to be clear), they have a much better understanding of what the word collaborative means. Plus they just seem like nice folks that are excited about their own game and their community. I digress…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Reading what people are proud of I just need to say that if I where a game designer I would stay completely away from the forums.

Well if you want to be like that, a “proud one” would be my 3rd highly rated that actually made it into a game update that made GW2 life much easier for everyone…

A Hero menu tab that your tokens all automatically go into the same way gold/gems does. Who wouldn’t like that idea? :o They can even keep the icons same size to make the menu look pretty.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Mine would obviously be my Warning Buoy! thread, which started as a little tongue-in-cheek humor, but grew in less than three weeks to over 430 posts and 47,000 reads.

Redenaz.8631 led me into developing my game character as a mermaid that needed to be captured in order to make the shipping lanes safe.

I had great fun, but my favorite part, the part that made me laugh out loud, was an early contribution by NoxInfernus.2361 who paraphrased Quint’s introductory speech from Jaws:

*Y’all know me. Know how I earn a livin’. I’ll catch this bird for you, but it ain’t gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin’ bluegills and tommycods. This lass, she’ll swallow you whole. Little shakin’, little tenderizin’, an’ down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that’ll bring back your ships, put all your businesses on a payin’ basis. But it’s not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand gold, chief. I’ll find her for three, but I’ll catch her, and kill her, for ten. But you’ve gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don’t want no volunteers, I don’t want no mates, there’s just too many captains in this city. 10,000 gold for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole kitten thing.
- Capt. Quint.

*with apologies to Stephen Spielberg, Peter Benchley, & Carl Gottlieb

It was the perfect post at the perfect time. My hat’s off to you, Nox!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Here’s my favorite

A complaint about the designer hoodie in gem store.
“Should have went thrift shopping”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/The-BlackLion-Trading-Co-has-cheated-me/first#post2019181

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My Gozer GW2 joke post apparently was highly voted, I also found it rather humorous the post# ends with 666 considering the subject of the post.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!