Your opinions: Which race has the best starter zone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

Well from being starter friendly i would have to say the human zone is the best and my favorite.

Norm lands would be second

Posted by: AndyMC.2819

AndyMC.2819

Asuran’s definitely have the most confusing starting area if you’re trying to fly through the zone without reading/thinking very much. It gets better the farther you get into it, but I found the Humans to be the most straight forward, with Charr and Norn second.

Posted by: Apostle.3180

Apostle.3180

I personally like Slyvaria and I have played them all.

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Charr.. they rule

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

Also i noticed or got the feeling…..once you go and do WvW you kinda feel like you have a sense of purpose and a reason to build a character, so you can go and fight for your server. even if you dont like PvP just being there with all the other people makes you feel like you are apart of something

Posted by: VicSkimmr.3216

VicSkimmr.3216

bored with game, re-rolls human. lol.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Also i noticed or got the feeling…..once you go and do WvW you kinda feel like you have a sense of purpose and a reason to build a character, so you can go and fight for your server. even if you dont like PvP just being there with all the other people makes you feel like you are apart of something

I have sat for hours without getting into WvW. I play on Crystal desert, is there still a way to change the server without paying? I think my server is just extremely populated.

Posted by: sandstrom.5938

sandstrom.5938

I really like the sylvari one! Second for me is human.

Posted by: Ninewonderz.6439

Ninewonderz.6439

Mine would be Norn, its a beautiful zone and surprisingly calm, suits me perfectly.

Second would be Sylvari.

Yak’s Bend
KingMagnetic
<hate>

Posted by: Syahin.3921

Syahin.3921

Well from being starter friendly i would have to say the human zone is the best and my favorite.

Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits >…

Literally goes on for like 4 zones , F**K the human area. Norn is best IMO then Asura second.

Posted by: Glas.5210

Glas.5210

I swap ’twixt Human, Sylvari, Norn, and — as of last night — Charr. Dunno why, the Asura starting area has yet to latch hold of me?

“I summed up all systems in a phrase, and all existence in an epigram.”
~Oscar Wilde

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits > Collect * for pie > Centaurs > Bandits >…

Literally goes on for like 4 zones , F**K the human area. Norn is best IMO then Asura second.

Thats how I feel playing the human zones hehe.

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

The Norn starting area, it really feels like an adventure with those huge snowy plains and this amazing forest.

Worst would be Asura, I hate the beginning of Metrica Province so much that I can’t even get past it.

Posted by: Dizzard.4396

Dizzard.4396

In my opinion the Asura zone Metrica Province is the most fun of the starter zones. I also picked an Asura as my main so I guess they just fit me like a glove. Caledon Forest is an incredibly close second though. I think it’s the tropical landscape of both starting zones that seals the deal.

My least favourite is the Human zone, Queensdale. It’s just so dull compared to the other zones and it feels like it has less dynamic events in it. The other zones feel much more enchanting and catch my interest far easier.

My ranking would be:

1. Metrica Province (Asura)
2. Caledon Forest (Sylvari)
3. Wayfarer Foothills (Norn)
4. Plains of Ashford (Charr)
5. Queensdale (Human)

(edited by Dizzard.4396)

Posted by: Strikerpogz.3412

Strikerpogz.3412

Caledon Forest (Sylvari) for me is the best !

Posted by: wintermute.2047

wintermute.2047

Queensdale is perhaps the most convenient of them all, but also sort of a boring aesthetic. Whenever starting a new character, I take them to Queensdale for leveling.

Plains of Ashford, hands down the best in design. Nice atmosphere and second only to Queensdale for its layout.

Wayfarer Foothills and Metrica Provice would be a toss up for me… Both have their ups and downs and I usually choose either for my third starter area to complete.

Caledon Forest is just horrible in about every way and I avoid it.

Posted by: MajorHeartfire.6843

MajorHeartfire.6843

Humans fight the Centaurs for way too long. But I hate the Charr capital city. Sylvari is kind of nice, but, ironically, a little too green for my tastes :P

Have yet to try either the Asura or the Norn.

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

I like the Norn and Charr starting zones most.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Charr zones have the best lore and ambient chatter. Human zones are the most straightforward. Can’t say much about Norn, Sylvari and Asura get the short end in terms of square feet, but otherwise their zones are visually great.

In terms of events, some of the best early events are also found in Charr area, the human 15-25 are also has a nice meta even chain (too bad you don’t often see it in the worse end).

Posted by: Starry.2058

Starry.2058

My favorite is the Sylvari starting zone.

It costs nothing to dream and everything not to.

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

Human then Char

Posted by: JeroenXP.5364

JeroenXP.5364

For me it’s

Asura>Sylvari>Human>Charr>Norn

Kemy Support ele – Kesia Berserker War – Miruto Wolfhowl Berserker ranger:
Sakurashi Tank Mesmer – Cutie Pewpie Grenadier Engineer – Neesa Misaki Support Guard:
[Underworld]

Posted by: Tsaritsin.5364

Tsaritsin.5364

Asura

Norn
Char

Getting lost in Caves

Sylvari

Human

I shall not be there, I shall rise and pass,
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

I feel like Norn is the best at funneling you in the right direction. It’s also very easy to navigate. The Sylvari and Asura areas look pretty but are probably the worst in this regard.

I find myself drawn towards the Norn and Human areas when making new characters, most of the time.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I started the game with Metrica Province, and it remains as my favorite starting zone. I’m also a fan of the Sylvari starting area.

Human area is a bit above Norn for me, but I think in part that’s due to the tutorial. That is, humans were being overrun by centaurs. Norns were sitting around hunting and drinking, so it really lacked the sense of urgency.

Least favorite area is Charr. I get so lost around that area, and I’m generally good with direction.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Norn is best for it’s simplicity. If you want a simplistic start, lets say with a simplistic class (for starting) like warrior, Wayfarer Hills can’t be beat.

The others are interesting, and at times can be confusing or overwhelming for the totally new player. Some are even annoying (imo).

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Lorx.8507

Lorx.8507

I love Queensdale, the Human Starting area, it’s definitely my favorite. Norn and Sylvari are both good too, I think if I had to choose:

Human
Norn
Sylvari
Asura
Charr

El Psy Congroo