Zommoros told me a secret

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Clue one: Eldritch Scroll (Definition: weird and sinister or ghostly.)
Clue Two: A crystal from Rata Sum (Maybe Snaff Memorial Lab) The reference to the bay makes me believe it is Rata Sum because that is the only port city. Plus, Asurans have a lot of crystals too.
Clue Three: I believe it has something to do with Southsun. (Cur is slang for half-bred dogs, so I don’t know if he is hinting to the Skulk or still talking about Karka because he says alien).

Posted by: minfaer.2796

minfaer.2796

The idea of Rata Sum is nice, I like your way of thinking, however, there are no alleys in Rate Sum, and the only blocks are the cubes the asura build.

(edited by minfaer.2796)

Aerdwen.3069

The two blocks are in reference to the two remaining items that you put in the four blocks in the Mystic Forge.

Aerdwen.3069

The idea of Rata Sum is nice, I like your way of thinking, however, there are no alleys in Rate Sum, and the only blocks are the cubes the asura build.

The two blocks are in reference to the two remaining items that you put in the four blocks in the Mystic Forge.

minfaer.2796

Wow, as i already said, I like your way of thinking. You could be right.

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

People keep pointing out the Eldritch Scroll as the “ghostly” object, but I’m really not sure if I buy that. Are there any other possibilities? Remember that this item is likely expensive to buy (clue 1), and is shiny and cylindrical (clue 2, the item he already has, not the one he failed to steal).

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wow, as i already said, I like your way of thinking. You could be right.

Doubtful. The two blocks is in the second story hint, but the second item was not acquired until the third story hint.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

edit 8:
Lemark stared at his arms, at the half healed wounds that would soon serve as a permanent reminder of his last several months. Despite that he felt invigorated. All of that was behind him. He had gotten further than anyone else before – or so he supposed.

The final piece would be the hardest. He doubted he would have to fight some great monster, that wasn’t Zomorros’s style. He would have to do something harder; this journey wouldn’t end in a tremendous final battle. The ending would be more precise, more…scientific. He had only a single clue, contractually obligated from his last deal with the pseudo-deity.

He stood up from his table in the heart of Lion’s Arch and turned south.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Hmm… initial thoughts on hint 8: Scientific maybe a reference to this being an item that requires a highly specific number? Or something pertaining to Asura, as they are very scientific in nature.

The contractually obligated part has gotta mean something, but I’m not clicking on what.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Going with scientific, I wonder if its some thing with a lab (most likely Asuran one south of LA. Isn’t there a JP in LA where you have to solve stuff and then get teleported up above (this one: Professor Portmatt’s Lab). Or theres the golem foundry(?) jp, the whatever its called (the one with the three barriers) Hexfoundry JP.
Or possibly something with Arcane lab?

Or since its not really a fight, the lab where you have to ‘sneak’ into it (the one in Orr. This chain I think: Bashing Bauxite Alchemicals).

Hmm… initial thoughts on hint 8: Scientific maybe a reference to this being an item that requires a highly specific number? Or something pertaining to Asura, as they are very scientific in nature.

The contractually obligated part has gotta mean something, but I’m not clicking on what.

I wonder if the contractually obligated part is only a reference to getting the clue, as in Zammoros had to give him the clue as part of whatever deal started the search.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am thinking something in Orr.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: rotfsmlsh.2948

rotfsmlsh.2948

The contractual obligation with a pseudo-deity reminds me of a deal with the devil. No idea where this would come into play, just writing my thoughts down in hopes that someone else clicks.

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

So, the last item is crafted?

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

There’s no Asuran labs in LA, however there is an Inquest lab in Sparkfly, not quite due South from center of LA, OR there is order of whispers almost directly below LA

Attachments:

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

My initial thoughts are that it is a component that came from the forge. But a forge component that must be used in some fashion whether in an event/jp/or given to an NPC…

Also south of LA is Bloodtide Coast, Sparkfly Fen, and Straits of Devestation….something in there perhaps?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

I want to say the last item may have something to do with watchworks if it is a craftable item and “something scientific.” Perhaps a watchwork portal?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Due south is bloodtide, sparkfly then Orr. What is specific and scientific there without killing a boss?

minfaer.2796

South from Lion’s Arch, Tremenduous Battle (Big Metaevent or Dungeon), Scientific?
Maybe Crucible of Eternity (If you think more about Science) or Arah (Tremenduous Battle)

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

The pseudo-deity part is just a reference to Zomorros. The only place south of LA that really screams scientific is the Crucible of Eternity. It also said NOT a big battle.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

minfaer.2796

Of course, the table is at the Heart of Lion’s Arch, and then he turns south…
…to the WvW-gates where you fight not some giant monsters, but tremenduous Battles against other players!

(edited by minfaer.2796)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Inquest lab jumping puzzles?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I wonder if the contractually obligated part is only a reference to getting the clue, as in Zammoros had to give him the clue as part of whatever deal started the search.

Maybe so…

My initial thoughts are that it is a component that came from the forge. But a forge component that must be used in some fashion whether in an event/jp/or given to an NPC…

And this is an interesting thought. What if “contractually obligated” is, like you say skullmount, something that he “had to give him,” i.e. a forge component, like pdavis is saying here. Perhaps this means that you create part of the item in the forge and then you get back a component that you do something with?

Kind of like with Mawdrey?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Precise suggests a jumping puzzle. Scientific suggests Asura.

I’m thinking http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professor_Portmatt%27s_Lab is involved.
Or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hexfoundry_Unhinged

Server: Devona’s Rest

pdavis.8031

Of course, the table is at the Heart of Lion’s Arch, and then he turns south…
…to the WvW-gates where you fight not some giant monsters, but tremenduous Battles against other players!

“this journey wouldn’t end in a tremendous final battle. The ending would be more precise, more…scientific.”

Which means it’s NOT going to be a tremendous battle, but rather something precise and scientific.

recognize my command!”

minfaer.2796

Which means it’s NOT going to be a tremendous battle, but rather something precise and scientific.

Oohps, i think i missed an important three-letter word there

pdavis.8031

WAIT!!! Hold the Press!!!!

Precise and scientific…
Watchworks. Which is a reference to a mechanical watch (clock/timepiece) and needs to be VERY precise and is also VERY scientific in the manner that it works. Which could mean that a watchwork mechanism is required in some manner (i.e placing it in a door, giving it to an NPC who leads the way to a mini dungeon, etc.)

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Bromor.5642

Bromor.5642

“[] his arms, [] half healed wounds [] permanent reminder of his last several months.”
- What might damage your arms? I can think of the Effect of the Incinerator
- Is there a plant that might hurt you when harvesting in RL?

“He had gotten further than anyone else before – or so he supposed.”
- Hint to having obtained a Legendary (wep/armor)
- The MFs product might be even better than a Legendary?

“The final piece would be the hardest”
- Item No.4 or what you have to do with the product of the mystic forge has to be hard to obtain / forge / enchant in a process that is bigger than the “2 months” of farming

“He doubted he would have to fight some great monster, that wasn’t Zomorros’s style. He would have to do something harder”
- What shall be harder?
- Zomorros’ style?

“this journey wouldn’t end in a tremendous final battle. The ending would be more precise, more…scientific.”
- enchanting item No.4 / the item from this recipe?
- betrayal? (cuz he might be evil)

“He had only a single clue, contractually obligated from his last deal with the pseudo-deity.”
- Deal with the devil? Some Halloween – Living Story stuff?

“He stood up from his table in the heart of Lion’s Arch and turned south.”
- message is clear, the last and biggest part of obtaining the new MF item is has to be executed in Orr probably

(edited by Bromor.5642)

rotfsmlsh.2948

“[] his arms, [] half healed wounds [] permanent reminder of his last several months.”
- What might damage your arms? I can think of the Effect of the Incinerator
- Is there a plant that might hurt you when harvesting in RL?

could be cactus

daft inquisitor.1605

There is that small Asuran laboratory/camp (a Heart point) in one of the zones South of Lion’s Arch. It’s the one with all of the imps you have to perform experiments on — and, as most of us know, you make contracts with demonic creatures, and imps are demonic creatures, so…

…maybe one of the necessary items is something the heart vendor sells? Or maybe you have to do something specific with the experimentation on the imps?

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Or maybe the only ones that have something to do with contract anything in the south of LA are the Southsun Consortium guys.

Deal with the devil(s) indeed.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Has anybody tried the Ghostly Doubloon? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghostly_Doubloon.

The last could be mist essence or something else from Fractals.

Guild warrior for life!

Iris Ng.9845

I’m thinking http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professor_Portmatt%27s_Lab is involved.

I tried the Portmatt. There is nothing unusual about the rewards here

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Has anybody tried the Ghostly Doubloon? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghostly_Doubloon.

The last could be mist essence or something else from Fractals.

Check the first page.

I’m honestly completely lost here, but I’ve enjoyed reading the thread. If it is something Ascended though, and I’m not sure which item’s hints this would fall under, has anyone checked to see if a Vision Crystal shows up in the forge? Lessers do, but I haven’t checked to see if a regular one does now.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

If he goes south from the heart of lions Arch = the middle it could as well be that he only goes to the crafting stations in Fort Marriner. Maybe a watchwork mechanism?

rotfsmlsh.2948

edit 8:
He had only a single clue, contractually obligated from his last deal with the pseudo-deity.

Pseudo-deity may just be referring to Zommoros

skullmount.1758

I tried the Portmatt. There is nothing unusual about the rewards here :(

Unless its more RNG based items (cough cough Enchanted map pieces >:( )

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Eturiel.3470

Eturiel.3470

Wondered if ‘precise’ and ‘scientific’ might be referring to that big kitten drill that’s just sitting in the harbor (still technically south of wherever he might have been sitting in LA – a table? Hard to find when most of LA is rekt), but nothing unusual there either.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

After carefully re reading. We are now 3/4s of the way through the recipie. See attached screenshot for the clues.

Yup.

Clue 1 covers all the way to the cylindrical case, and is most likely an Eldritch Scroll. The thievery itself is referencing item 2, which he failed to steal that day. It wasn’t until part 2.5 that the steal was successful.

Part 2.5 reveals the steal is successful. He sees his reflection in it – something clear that can refract light – Crystals.

Part 3 was designed to give us a destination. The dulled blade has no purpose in the clue. It’s just a description, and at worst, it’s a red herring. It states he’s bloody and sore. If he’s just mining, he wouldn’t be bloody. The destination is Southsun Cove.

Part 3.5 makes it incredibly clear that he’s slaying Karka to earn an item. He then mentions he plans to slay the whole island, both for achieving his goal and out of sheer hatred of Zommoros. Item 3 is either 250 Karka Shells or the Ancient Karka Shell, which is purchased for 1000 Karka Shells.

We just now got the clue for item 4, the final item. Precise and Scientific ARE NOT clues. It’s just the terms used to describe Lemark’s thinking to make an intriguing story. They’re designed to trip people up. They simply indicate that the final item is not a crafting trophy, or any item that is stackable.

The one clue we have for the final item is that Lemark turned south. The final item is allegedly in one of the zones south of Lion’s Arch, or the components for crafting or discovering the final item is south of Lion’s Arch.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

daft inquisitor.1605

@Malchior: We JUST got hints for Item 4. >.> Read John’s last post.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

skullmount.1758

Item 4 has not been referenced yet in any way. If people want to try and guess, go ahead, but we have no clues for Item 4 yet.

Other than that its something somewhere south of LA

Darkhaven server

mtpelion.4562

Item 4 has not been referenced yet in any way. If people want to try and guess, go ahead, but we have no clues for Item 4 yet.

Other than that its something somewhere south of LA

And that a big battle is not involved, but rather something precise and scientific.

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

The thing about Portmatt’s Lab, however, is that if you use the “wrong” coordinates you wind up in other places. What if something was added at one of those other coordinates?

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Nothing special in Hexfoundry either.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

mtpelion.4562

The thing about Portmatt’s Lab, however, is that if you use the “wrong” coordinates you wind up in other places. What if something was added at one of those other coordinates?

Excellent point.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I think you’re on to something. It might be something else, but I like your idea very much.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@rotfsmlsh: That was my thought. Zommoros is an ancient djinn, a human could consider such to be a “pseudo-deity”.

And the bit about getting further than anyone else is likely just that it’s a recipe no one knows (or is not on the wiki), not that it’s for something great.

My guess on the scientific isn’t that it’s asura or lab related, but that it’s crafted. South of central LA is what? Crafting stations in Fort Marriner. And crafting is very much more scientific than fighting some enemies.

I wouldn’t take “scientific” to be too specific – I don’t think it deals with Watchwork.

So I think the fourth item is merely something that can be crafted. The first two are items you buy, the third is something you farm.

So:

1. “Ghostly,” expensive, bought item.
  2. “Common” bought item you need a lot of.
  3. Farmed item that can be obtained in Southsun Cove.
  4. A crafted item.

That’s what I’m getting out of the hints thus far. My guess on items:

1. Eldritch Scrolls
  2. Crystals or Mystic Coins
  3. Karka Shells or T6 Blood
  4. Perhaps a crafted Gift (there are a few MF exotics that require gifts; Foefire weapons, for example), or a weapon crafting component
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

edit 8.5:

A Sylvari scientist, not what Lemark expected. He should have learned by now that there was nothing ordinary here.

Despite the science, this was a nice respite, he could get used to this. Something here was harmonious and relaxing, was that part of the plan?

A shriek echo’d all around. Lemark was surprised, he still hadn’t learned. Nothing about this place was ordinary.

Iris Ng.9845

Edit: Never mind. The next clue points to Scarlet.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

edit 8.5:

A Sylvari scientist, not what Lemark expected. He should have learned by now that there was nothing ordinary here.

Despite the science, this was a nice respite, he could get used to this. Something here was harmonious and relaxing, was that part of the plan?

A shriek echo’d all around. Lemark was surprised, he still hadn’t learned. Nothing about this place was ordinary.

…Hidden garden jumping puzzle?

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

There is that sylvari “lab” in bloodtide coast with the gathering of materials and such to fight the risen. I might be wrong, but just throwing it out there.
Bogside Camp I believe it is