ascended food?

ascended food?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If (when?) cooking is raised to 500, how are we going to make tier 7 foods? Chefs make consumables, and if the journey from 400 to 500 is anything like that of weaponsmith, huntsman, and artificers then it’s going to take forever (there are no raw materials to refine en masses from 400 to 425, there are no inscriptions to make, there surely won’t be time-gated materials to make at 450, etc). I’d hate for food to be too valuable (because of time or materials used) to justify using in dungeons, Fractals, etc.

So, any guesses on how the 400 to 500 gap for chefs is going to be closed and what the endgame is going to be?

ascended food?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If (when?) cooking is raised to 500, how are we going to make tier 7 foods? Chefs make consumables, and if the journey from 400 to 500 is anything like that of weaponsmith, huntsman, and artificers then it’s going to take forever (there are no raw materials to refine en masses from 400 to 425, there are no inscriptions to make, there surely won’t be time-gated materials to make at 450, etc). I’d hate for food to be too valuable (because of time or materials used) to justify using in dungeons, Fractals, etc.

So, any guesses on how the 400 to 500 gap for chefs is going to be closed and what the endgame is going to be?

For ascended dyes! More then likely they are going to let cooking craft armor.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

ascended food?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m waiting for ascended town clothes!!

The Burninator

ascended food?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

There aren’t even any Rare or Exotic foods.

ascended food?

darkace.8925

By “ascended food” I’m referring to whatever we’ll make at the level cap…not the actual rarity of the food we’ll be making. Sorry for the confusion.

ascended food?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Ascended apple pie is gonna be op

ascended food?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

By “ascended food” I’m referring to whatever we’ll make at the level cap…not the actual rarity of the food we’ll be making. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, since we don’t even have Rare nor Exotic food, what makes you think the devs think that they should add more?

Heck, even right now some foods are extremely powerful. Just look at all the topics complaining about some profession with Lemongrass Poultry Soup.

I honestly don’t see any reason why there should be any better foods when they’re already strong enough to take a weak profession to the point where everyone rages about it.

ascended food?

darkace.8925

Well, since we don’t even have Rare nor Exotic food, what makes you think the devs think that they should add more?

Heck, even right now some foods are extremely powerful. Just look at all the topics complaining about some profession with Lemongrass Poultry Soup.

I honestly don’t see any reason why there should be any better foods when they’re already strong enough to take a weak profession to the point where everyone rages about it.

They have to add something. They’re not going to increase all crafts except cooking to 500.

ascended food?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Maybe they will allow cooking to be leveled to 500 by using it for the crafting of a precursor. Based upon the issues already presented; some foods are already very powerful and not of rare or exotic quality, the value being too high to be used, etc. I hope they have plans to use it for something like creating rare upgrade items, transmuting ingredients or something of that nature.

It’s a good question though, definitely thought provoking.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

ascended food?

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Bacon should definitely be an ascended food.

ascended food?

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Bacon should definitely be an ascended food.

Already is, you ignorant pleb.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

ascended food?

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

You kidding?

In real life, it’s way past ascended. It’s god-like.

ascended food?

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

LOL OMG there’s ascened food?

ascended food?

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Maybe they will allow cooking to be leveled to 500 by using it for the crafting of a precursor.

That would be champagne comedy. A year of tears about needing a better way to get precursors, and then ANet make an announcement: “Chefs will be able to bake precursors. Out of delicious flaky pastry and bacon.”

ascended food?

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I think less useful cooking recipes could have better stats.

ascended food?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think it would be fantastic to be able to craft dyes for weapons. I doubt that is what is coming, but I am sure many people would like to dye some of their weapon. I know I would. Ascended weapon-dyes, Level 500. =)

ascended food?

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I want to be able to craft energy drinks at 500 which grant flight for 45 minutes!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

ascended food?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I would like some ascended food that changes me into a that Mesmer Moa that I always get changed into in PvP for an hour.

Could then practice those 5 moa skills…

Probably run around WvW to see how well I do as a Moa…

ascended food?

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

We grind to 500 by putting the lime in the coconut. Then it’s allll about those imitation Twinkies that got stuck on the shelf. Hey well if the money gets tight, they can always get a sponsor, like Domino’s Pizza, craft your ascended pizza while at the same time place a delivery order.

ascended food?

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Gonna eat me an ascended potato.

ascended food?

darkace.8925

Gonna eat me an ascended potato.

No! Don’t eat it! If you eat it, you’re going to have to spend another two weeks jumping through the time-gate hoops to make another.

ascended food?

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

We grind to 500 by putting the lime in the coconut.

http://youtu.be/1wg_L0wGTyA

But honestly, going through that much trouble for account bound food?
Please no.