black lion chest rewards...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

hi, today i played and its not much motivated to play. first of all the game looks nice, sound is nice but something frustrates me much. today i did 1 zone completion then i got a black lion chest key. then i got a guaranteed wardrobe unlock. so i thought o finally a reward, a outfit or a glider but i got a kitteng bronze sword skin… WHY? i got instand mad.
why i am always that unlucky? the item self is rare i think and i get rewared with trash.
first of all it cost a few hours to complete a map then i must be lucky for a key and then i get this and i thought nice i get rewarded but i get trash. why in the world do games only make ppl angry with trash loot? cmon let casual players also have fun. every mmo is the same you must work and farm all day long to get rewarded. there are ppl that have work irl and want to have fun and relax within games and dont work again for it. yes a bit is oke but not farming that much. later i thought oke i go try again a map completion. i choose a map i had 50% done so it took me few hours to complete but then NO key. oke next zone also few hours and again no key. this is not much motivated to play a game. i do hard work ingame but sometimes i want to get rewarded without doing that much. we normal ppl have to work all day and get tired. game companies make a game and then wait for ppl to buy gems or pay subs. easy money and without much energy becouse you have a team to share the work.
i hope you understand me. and eh i have read how to create a topic but i am happy i can english and i cant make one as you want.

i played long ago but in 2012 i left and few times later i tried to like the game becouse nice graphics but i didnt like becouse the money, its always money. but this year i tried again and i liked the game. i bought hot becouse i needed bank tabs but had no money and with gems i had a start in right direction and i started playing more. the xpack was 100 euro. nice for some times but now i want more. i saw mini jack a lop and i want it. but that price 400 gold. when i saw it it was 199 gold or something but it got much more and i still cant buy it. also permanent hair style kit i want. but if i dont get black lion chest keys i have no chance. i dont care legendarys becouse too much work for me.

i hope you understand me and change my ingame rng that i get rewarded better. if i like the game more i maybe go buy gems but if i must farm all day i get mad. i am sure you dont care but i want to say my opinion. i dont understand why other ppl always that lucky. i think only ppl that farm all day and are rich have also better loot. i had a guildy he played 4 years and looted his first precursor. wtf its a game make ppl happy becouse irl they have not that much. and ingame we have a chance to have something to be happy with. you have a nice game and get money from gem cards so share the fun with everyone.

i quit world of warcraft more then a year ago becouse bad rng and that game cost money so thats why i stopped. this game is better at everything. but for map completion players must get rewarded. i free day spend on 3 map completions and 1 key and 1 trash reward. free day gone and tomorrow i have to work again. i get home i and i am tired and go play a game. and dont want to work again but then virtual.

i hope i have keep the language friendly for everyone, irl i say what i think but i dont want a ban. i am a fair gamer and fair is also fair rewards for the work that have to be done. i will see what happen now.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

it said you would get one skin of rare or lower unlock, you should have thought about that before you used it, maybe unlock some skins first to increase the odds of getting good ones

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock guarantee you’ll obtain a skin you don’t have yet. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll get a decent skin, just one that you haven’t unlocked.

Most people are saving them while obtaining all the basic, plain, cheap and uninteresting skins, so they could get something more valuable in the end.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

It’s best to think of the keys and chests as giving junk, then be surprised if you get something good. If you want a guaranteed key each week, then level a character to 10 and complete the level 10 story, which rewards a key.

The next week, move all the stuff you can off that character and/or salvage/sell bound items, then delete and do another level 10 character.

Otherwise, there are very few guaranteed keys in the game. Other story chapters, random drops, a daily login reward chest all might give a key.

And if your account does not have many skins unlocked, you are better off saving that guaranteed unlock until you do. Otherwise, like you saw, you can get some cheap skin that you could have found in game or bought on the trading post.

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

Only complaint I have with the current lockboxes is the supposed claim that it will always give at least one item which will progress the account – so I get the two junk items in the form of a merchant drop and a trade post drop and for my account progressing item, a scroll of knowledge. Which would be great if any of my 7 characters were not max rank -.-

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

With only 7 characters, that means theres at least 2 class you’re not playing. :P

Now you know what to use the scroll on.

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

i said it in guild and someones friend got gliders and outfits :S this was an angry day. it sucks, you see ppl in game with everything and i dont even get something special to drop.
last exotic i got was tarir run but everything is farming. nothing more. its that i have a nice guild otherwise i think i didnt play anymore. and btw nice reactions here, normally when i make a rage post ppl only unfriendly to others in gaming world.
i only want a reward for the time and efford i spend ingame and it must be something worth gold.

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

If you want smth worth gold, then don’t think you will get it by doing maps. Even getting a black lion key on it’s completion is just A CHANCE. You can also get transmutation changes or various mats.

The wardrobe unlock, once again, DOES NOT GUARANTEE you will get an expensive skin, if you don’t have all the basic ones unlocked. That is why people save them for later, when they have all the cheap stuff open.

If you want to have better rewards, then start doing better content that takes less time to complete and gives more loot. Like silverwastes meta for example, or auric basin. You are not going to get anything expensive for completing core Tyria maps.

Your whole post can be summarized as ‘I want free expensive stuff, and I want it now, so anet, give, or I’ll leave’. The question is, how are you investing your time to get said loot.

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Do you think you are the only one this happens too?
I have opened my fair share of boxes with the unlocks, with the same results as you.
You complain about it happening one time, but for me it has happened much more.
The answer is, the unlocks unlock what you have not already unlocked in game.
This has almost nothing to do with RNG, but with your progress of unlocks in the game.
With all the other stuff, yeah, not getting good drops bites.
But we have all been there, in your shoes, thinking the same thing.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I have a pretty decent stack of Black Lion chests sitting in my bank and that is pretty much all they will ever do. 99.9% of what’s in them is junk and it is not worth spending money on keys hoping to get the elusive .1% of stuff I want. If I get a free key from something I will unlock one knowing full well it will contain useless junk.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I have yet to get a wardrobe unlock from a key. Of course that’s only been 10 or so keys, but this thread is a perfect example of why I do not waste gems on keys now.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

My haul from last night, 26 BL chests. Some day Mini Southsun Kasmeer will be mine.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes