halloween weapons 2 BL Tickets??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bjwhiteda.7645

bjwhiteda.7645

Usually when a weapon skin is the feature , it costs 1 black lion ticket per skin. So when it was anounced the halloween skins were back, I went to get one and found out they are 2 tickets instead of the usual feature skin price of 1 ticket. Now if they were new designs I might understand the cost increase but these are last years designs. So I cant figure out why the increase now.

Disclaimer
Courteous, intelligent debate from players help devs make a good game, legendary

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Unsure how true this is, but seem if you complete the set you get free tickets yet there are not many in the set, so a higher cost.

Posted by: bjwhiteda.7645

bjwhiteda.7645

i doubt thats why considering these are last years skins brought back. I just cant seem to wrap my tired brain around a logical reason for the cost.

Disclaimer
Courteous, intelligent debate from players help devs make a good game, legendary

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So far its been one set up. Brand new skins are one ticket. They stay one ticket until a new set is released and then they are increased to 2 or 3 tickets. Since these skins are not new but old ones returning, they are the higher price.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Hero.3527

Hero.3527

Some people like to save the skins and sell them later. If they were just 1 ticket again the price would drop quite a bit and people will b holding onto those skins longer, so for that reason i understand the price.

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

Full set collection give you 5 ticket back.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

To expand on kankanKk’s comment.

The Bloody Prince’s Toybox Collection returns 5 tickets once you get the 5 skins for the collection making your net cost 0 tickets if the skins were 1 ticket each.

TANSTAAFL in this game.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

To put all together:

- Only first time introduced new skins are one ticket
- They stay one ticket until a new set is released and then they are increased to 2 or 3 tickets
- Since these skins are not new but old ones returning, they cost 2 or 3 or 5 or 7 (7= fused weapons) tickets. Depending on how many weapons are part of the set and at when/how they have been introduced first
- Black lion collections return between 5 and 7 blc tickets for full sets
- The Bloody Prince’s Toybox Collection returns 5 tickets
- Basically if Halloween collection would cost 1 ticket/weapon, you only would have to buy one ticket to get all 6 weapons
- That would undervalue halloween weapons massively on the TP in comparison to all other blc weapons

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

To put all together:

- They stay one ticket until a new set is released and then they are increased to 2 or 3 tickets
- Since these skins are not new but old ones returning, they cost 2 or 3 or 5 or 7 (7= fused weapons) tickets. Depending on how many weapons are part of the set and at when/how they have been introduced first
- Basically if Halloween collection would cost 1 ticket/weapon, you only would have to buy one ticket to get all 6 weapons
- That would undervalue halloween weapons massively on the TP in comparison to all other blc weapons

I just bought the 4 skins that i still was missing for 150g each on tp and ended up with 5 more tickets than before.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Usually when a weapon skin is the feature , it costs 1 black lion ticket per skin. So when it was anounced the halloween skins were back, I went to get one and found out they are 2 tickets instead of the usual feature skin price of 1 ticket. Now if they were new designs I might understand the cost increase but these are last years designs. So I cant figure out why the increase now.

Whenever ‘seasonal’ skins are brought back, the price has been 2 tickets. This was true for 2014 Wintersday and Halloween and also the Lovestruck.

Only the introductory prices have been 1 ticket/skin.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

With HoTs this close to release, I’m pretty sure we’ll be getting some brand new skins that will be 1 ticket. I’m taking a wait and see approach. Chances are pretty good after all that the Halloween skins will roll around again next year, but the HoTs release is a one time event, with potentially rarer/more valuable for resale later rewards. If you really want any of the Halloween skins right now, you should still probably just farm SW and buy them with gold off the TP while the supply is high and the price is low, and hang on to those tickets for just a little bit longer.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

To put all together:

Actually the 6th skin is a 0 ticket skin that unlocks the collection.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sorry, but you have it backwards.

New skins come in at 1 ticket. Returning skins come in at 2 tickets. has worked like this for a long time now. If there were new skins I would expect them to be 1 ticket, since they’re not new 2 tickets is the standard.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker