kicking instance owners to cause grief.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

there is an issue where people join group and start kicking with intention to cause grief.

is it possible for anet to apply a timer if you join a group it takes 1 minute before you can kick? also put in an account name log who joined who left? doesnt have to be server sided, can be client based as a log.

just a suggested solution to the issues thats been surrounding me. idk if any other players are having similar issues but if you have a suggestion on how to improve this situation please do post

need a solution to stop this. people tend to stop doing it when they cant instant kick like a 4 man group that knows each other. but if you are in a 3 man group or less, they will join with 2 accounts and start mass kicking everyone.

its not like the stuff is difficult or such, its just the annoyance they cause.

i have submitted 2 reports regarding this issues but the replies are less than acceptable imo. its mostly cut and paste from a list of replies. it doesn’t address the main issue that has been stated.

this isnt a flame or such. just posting here to try get some attention from the devs to provide a solution.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

The only issues ive had with random people kicking others is because the kicker thought things should be done a certain way and was expecting an experienced zerker groups in my “any welcome” LFG. However there are numerous reports about being kicked at the end for guildies/friends to join in and collect the spoils. I would think that if griefers are going to grief, a 1 min timer isnt going to stop them. They’ll still kick after the 1 minute is up. I would suggest , maybe having the final confirmation of the kick be to the party leader (the one who started the LFG) Of course you’ll still have the issue of people kicking just to be kittens and trying to kick at the end.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Boyd.5438

clarify :

my issue is basically when people join the group in a split second they kick everyone in the group and causing the instance to reset.

by setting a 1 minute timer, at least i can see their names, blacklist, block, and remember when they join next time to remove them from group.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It’s obvious that ArenaNet do not care about this issue. It is working AS INTENDED. It’s been almost two years without a change about this system. Do not expect anything. It’s not going to change.

Boyd.5438

its just about awareness. like honestly i do not understand why you are so negative about asking for a change or to improve something.

the LFG tool was a change. merge exploit was fixed. that was a change. anet do stuff but you just dont credit them enough maybe small but they still fix stuff and add things.

if your comment is not going to be a suggestion or related on improving this issue, please refrain from posting.

(edited by Boyd.5438)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yep i have experienced it too, thats why i don’t do dungeons nowadays

Boyd.5438

there another prime example. join and kick.

removed names.

and screenshot.

(edited by Boyd.5438)

Boyd.5438

ok. removed the names. sorry didnt read the ToS but how else to warn other people?

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Thats why we need another “official” forum that is out of Anets reach. People need to be held accountable for their actions. If they misbehave or grieve they deserve bad reputation that comes along with it. In good old times naming and shaming was standard. I miss early days of SWG where certain people would be baned from player stores and groups across whole server for being kittens. I’ll never understand this protecting the bad guys policy that companies started to use.

Boyd.5438

oh well. how can i post and explain something or situation when i am pretty much barred from posting the situation?

i get reply from anet saying to use the forums but how would this work?

i just got an infraction for one of my posts on this topic. now someone please explain to me how am i to actually get help or find a solution?

Boyd.5438

Thats why we need another “official” forum that is out of Anets reach. People need to be held accountable for their actions. If they misbehave or grieve they deserve bad reputation that comes along with it. In good old times naming and shaming was standard. I miss early days of SWG where certain people would be baned from player stores and groups across whole server for being kittens. I’ll never understand this protecting the bad guys policy that companies started to use.

please point me to that direction via mail/pm.

Posted by: Charname.2364

Charname.2364

I’ve never been kicked from a group under shady circumstances so i don’t have that well of rage to tap into but i do agree that there should be some safeguards against such griefing. The thing is having them in the beginning would be hard to implement. If the griefer is determined then he’ll just wait out the minute. If you increase the time then you have to deal with people going afk at the entrance. Far better to simply have a players name pop up in your chat as they join. “Player Blahblah joined the group” That will give you the info you need to add them to a list.

Far more important is having a safeguard against kicking at the end. Something like… Can’t initiate a kick during combat… So you don’t get tossed at final 10% of boss so they can bring in a guildie.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Reason why I stopped selling dungeons. Got kicked out of my own instance 3 times yesterday in Caudecus Manor. Twice by griefers, once by party merger and then the new host left. Good times

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

It’s obvious that ArenaNet do not care about this issue. It is working AS INTENDED. It’s been almost two years without a change about this system. Do not expect anything. It’s not going to change.

Nothing works 100% correctly on first version.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

oh well. how can i post and explain something or situation when i am pretty much barred from posting the situation?

i get reply from anet saying to use the forums but how would this work?

i just got an infraction for one of my posts on this topic. now someone please explain to me how am i to actually get help or find a solution?

You can report such people in game for griefing, or violations. You can also submit a ticket here for in game violations, and present your case there.

Although I do agree with Anets policy about accusing players on the forums for griefing, trolling, etc. (because it would be widely abused by griefers and trolls….ironic huh?) I do think there needs to be a better system to report such things. However submit a report, and just report when it happens, taking screen shots of the names for YOUR use and when filing a report. I believe that Anet does take such things seriously, and while they may not tell you what actions they took, they will do something.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

To this day i am still guessing why the instance gets closed instantly after the “owner” leaves/DC/getting kicked by griefers whatso ever, whats the philosophy behind that?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Would also help if party chat didn’t disappear when leaving a party.
Hard to report scumbags when you don’t know their names.

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

To this day i am still guessing why the instance gets closed instantly after the “owner” leaves/DC/getting kicked by griefers whatso ever, whats the philosophy behind that?

Its cheap?