unwanted change to female elonian face

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ellishul.6130

Ellishul.6130

UPDATE: Anet fixed the issue. The new face is still accessible in the CC, but any character using the original face should have been reverted (at least mine did). Thank you!

I used a makeover kit to get one of the new Elonian faces, only to have it changed after the patch.

Please fix this, Anet.

Attachments:

(edited by Ellishul.6130)

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Did you turn up your graphic options? That just looks like a higher res texture.

Posted by: Mr Prismatic.9578

Mr Prismatic.9578

Shaders + Post Processing fam

Ellishul.6130

Yeah, sorry, I know it looks like crap. Here’s a better one of the original.

No, they are definitely different faces. The new one is too soft, I noticed the second I logged in. It wouldn’t bother me so much if I hadn’t used a kit on the character. Someone on Reddit posted the same issue, so I’m hoping Anet fixes it.

Attachments:

(edited by Ellishul.6130)

Posted by: Iarrau.8197

Iarrau.8197

Happened to me as well! And it’s definitely not because of graphics, it’s a different face for sure.

Even if one is taken with cellphone (original face) and one is a screenshot (the one it was changed to), it’s easy to see that there’s a difference.

I also saw the reddit thread, so it seems to be a bug. I really hope that they’ll fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

Please, fix this!

m e s m e r <3

Posted by: swirlwind.7986

swirlwind.7986

I second the request to return this face to how it was before. It was by and far my favourite out of the new ones, which is why I made a character with it, and now she looks way too soft for what I had in mind :/ Add the changed one as a new one if you like, but please don’t take away the one we got before.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It seems there were some noticeable changes in the way graphics work in the game. Some people are reporting better fps and more frames with old graphic cards, and others are reporting “updated” visuals on different skills, like Rev rotating hammers.

IMO is possible this faces are the same, just with a graphic change altering the deeps and brights of the shapes.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

swirlwind.7986

No, the angle of the eyebrows is completely different. The character has a different expression now. It’s very noticeable.

Ellishul.6130

This is likely on the bottom of Anet’s list of priorities right now, but it still needs to be addressed at some point.Hopefully sooner than later. It’s not like the new one is bad, but like I stated before, I did use a makeover kit. I’ll let the kit go if they just reintegrate the previous face. That’s all I’m asking – I got really attached to the character I made.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Wow, that’s pretty noticeable and something that definitely shouldn’t happen.

Ellishul.6130

I just saw that another patch was released, did they fix it?

swirlwind.7986

They did Thank you so much, Anet, much appreciated!