Costume Brawl

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knight of Virtue.7964

Knight of Virtue.7964

Q:

Will there be ways to join into the costume brawl without spending gems? It seems lame to have part of the event requiring an actual entry fee.

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mindbot.4950

Mindbot.4950

If you jump in the cauldron atop the mystic forge in LA, you’ll get transformed to something with the costume brawl skills. There might be other ways, but I’m not sure.

EDIT:
And jump into the cauldron atop the mystic forge in Heart of the Mists for a little surprise

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

Still, this Costume Brawl seems so much weaker than the old GW1 brawls, where you didn’t have to pay to play for the most effect.

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

If you jump in the cauldron atop the mystic forge in LA, you’ll get transformed to something with the costume brawl skills. There might be other ways, but I’m not sure.

EDIT:
And jump into the cauldron atop the mystic forge in Heart of the Mists for a little surprise

Surprise being nice not guaranteed…

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

You can drink the transformation potions you get as rewards sometimes too.

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

Im fkkeng bugged. I was a mummy, then suddenly transformed into my normal self, being unable to hit anyone while everyone was able to hit me. Constantly-crippled, unable to run to jump back to this freaking kettle.

What is this…

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: halfpastzero.8041

halfpastzero.8041

Still, this Costume Brawl seems so much weaker than the old GW1 brawls, where you didn’t have to pay to play for the most effect.

is there anything that tells you this in game? if not, why not Anet? it’d have been nice to know this vital piece of knowledge before i gave up on the event and went to bed.

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

For more information about Costume Brawl, please see this post.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: elsbeth.3567

elsbeth.3567

As someone just trying to join in the very loud, very flashy activity, and with no experience playing original GW, there is no in-game explanation what this and the other games are about or how to play them, or what the point is. I ended up leaving town just to avoid a headache.

Costume Brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

did it have to be right next to the forge?
you realize you cannot actually leave brawl state, meaning people can still kd you and this will cause people to disconnect and lost items

theres a lot of space in LA, i think condensing it may prove counterproductive as its already somewhat overwhelming