Halloween Exotics: "Over 140g to craft...lets give them to everyone!"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

you can buy the recipe for less than the wine…

Yes, right now. But even the recipe price is too high for me. So, I want to make sure I do have the ingredients for the recipe so that when I do have the money to buy the wine, I can check the the prices on the TP. If they are still lower than the wine, I’ll buy a recipe from the TP, if they are higher, I do have the mats to make my own.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

101 run, 2 exo drops none good. On other side, friend who just started GW2, got 2 of the unique drops in 7 runs.
Not just that i dont agree with RNG i also fully agree with ppl who wasted tons of money to craft one just so that its now given to everyone randomly, completely ignoring effort spent.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Renegadeslx.4703

Renegadeslx.4703

You want to know who else had a lot of RNG in the beginning? Swtor…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

I don’t play very much, but I made it a point to play a lot (stupid assumptions on my part, being a casual gamer, ahead) during this event.

I figured that if I spent 17-20 hours grinding this dungeon that I would be able to get ONE of the three Arach/Moon/Crossing, and trade one for another. I was horribly mistaken. Maybe it’s because everybody was trolling me saying they got it on their 2nd-20th time through. But I did over 100 runs and the exotics I received (saved for the 1 1-gold I salvaged for the sigil), were all roughly 40s in price.

I don’t farm gold, or collect it. I was sitting on 2ish or so. I farmed my way over 12 gold from the handful of exotics and primarily the greens in the chest.

I’m really surprised that the RNG isn’t tuned in a way so that someone during a 2-day-long event can get a (most likely?) 1-time-only weapon skin. I figured that it won’t be put back into being obtained publically because they gave it such a high price recipe so people who didn’t own the game/play the game during this weekend had a means, however extraneous, way to get the item, while “rewarding” the players that could grind a bit over a 2-day period, or people who simply were playing the game this early, could, in relative ease, get at least one of these three items.

I don’t seem to be the only one who grinded their living daylights off with very, very little to show. In fact, I tried to walk away happy I made 8-12 gold over killing the MK, but people just squashed that by saying I was stupid and should have spent the entire time “Farming AC”—Something that, again, as a more casual player, I had no flipping clue about.

So all in all, I loved the event, but I hated the numbers game. I think that it’s more reasonable to reward and make it easier (even marginally?) for those who are currently playing the game. I Mean, the BLC skins were outrageous. I won’t even go into the trainwreck I felt that is here, but spending 20+ hours over a less than 2-day period is a lot of time (proportionally); someone who is willing to grind one instance like that deserves a bit more of a break, and I’m talking about the people who almost did it non-stop for two days and still didn’t get anything.

So, that’s it. I loved it, the content was amazing, but I think you need to dangle the carrot just a little bit lower so that those who choose to grind during the limited availability have a better chance of obtaining these limited-time items. no, it shouldn’t be 100% get arach/moon/crossing if you spend x hours, but I think it would have been reasonable to spend half the amount of time I did and for-sure walked away with one of the three to trade with others. Because soon, the only ones no longer soulbound will be the ones made with the crafting recipes anyways. A lot less stressful on everybody, if you ask me.