Release time Halloween ?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WildToast.6419

WildToast.6419

Thanks for the update, Regina. Very excited!

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cedara.9541

Cedara.9541

it IS still October 22 in the US. 8:52/7:52/6:52/5:52 PM to be exact.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yinwolf.7563

yinwolf.7563

Probably going to be 11:59 October 22 pacific time. Technically still keeping there timeline of getting it out on the 22.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

So basically when you say “its going live 22nd” you need to advertise it to us EU players as “October 23” because basically that’s it – updates like this won’t roll for us when people are playing and its already 3 AM here so might as well go to sleep now lol.

Or you could just use GMT times so people would better understand.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Daring Deathblade.3824

Daring Deathblade.3824

Haven’t you guys learned, the official release time for anything fromANet is “when its ready”

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trinket Stormdancer.1923

Trinket Stormdancer.1923

a universe clock would be sooooo helpful!

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

ETA, Message of problems, actual release time…all of that would be REAAAALLLY helpful Anet instead of driving people away from your game because you fail to supply accurate information. It’s like handing in homework with no answers and expecting to get a gold star. You expect us to give you 5 stars on your game when your communication with the players is terrible?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

So basically when you say “its going live 22nd” you need to advertise it to us EU players as “October 23” because basically that’s it – updates like this won’t roll for us when people are playing and its already 3 AM here so might as well go to sleep now lol.

They did advertise is at October 23rd to European players. Go read the email they sent you.

They also tweeted that it would be some time after midnight GMT.

Two instances you trash talk about, and are completely wrong about.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Or they can do what they’ve been doing all along and you should have figured out by now, use Pacific US time.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Astraica.3120

Astraica.3120

Actually, I knew it would happen at midnight PDT time, because that is exactly when ALL seasonal events happened in the original GW. So that is actually why they are likely to be doing it then. It’s Tradition. I’m very used to this time-frame for events, and think it’s great!

They’ve done their best to accommodate for as many people as they can, so for those of you who are whining, come on… Really? Gives you a “look” You’re going to be childish when you’re going to get this massive and impressive update? They worked hard on this. You -have- to have thins -now-? How babyish. Be patient. This is just the time-frame of things, and it most certainly is NOT not fair.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ephakih.7863

Ephakih.7863

Firstly. I would like to say that the game has been wonderful and full of fun and adventure since release, and now, not even a month after you are providing us with even more awesome. Thank you.

Secondly. You guys realise that this is content we are NOT entitled to. Content we did not expressly pay for with the game we bought. IT shouldnt matter if it comes out now, 2 hours ago or 3 days from now. As Anet have been known for saying “When Its Ready”™. Allow them the time they need to implement the update without breaking everything. Dont be so antsy, be patient. It will come out tonight. None of us should be complaining. Just be nice and patient and Anet will provide you with much love, sexy armor and all sorts of awesome every single patch update. They love their game us much as we do. We need to show them the respect they garnered by letting them do their thing. They know what’s best for their baby.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

Well, it’s now 2:55 am in the GMT+1 timezone. The organisers of this event at Anet know full well there are players, many of them devoted GW1 players like myself, who absolutely do not want to miss the start of the Halloween event. I started waiting since 9 pm, thinking every hour, hey it might be soon. Now I’m sick with fatigue and my head is killing me. And I just read that instead of “late this afternoon”, it’ll be “late this evening”. I’ve been up till 3 am for nothing. I’m already tired from work and housework, if I didn’t like this game so much I never would’ve bothered and worse, it’s all for nothing. I could’ve gone to bed at 10 pm and gotten up really early to partake in the start of the event. Now despite all my trouble I’ll miss the start + feel like crap all day from staying up too late. I thought Anet was a lot more considerate than that.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

GOODNESS, everyone needs to stop being a child. They stated it will go live in the evening of October 22 in PST. It is currently 5:55PM in the PST Time Zone – not even close to being evening. They aren’t catering PST players, ANet is based in the PST Time Zone. Go watch the debate while you wait.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

When requesting that the Anet staff use a timezone other than Pacific please remember:
They have families. And Beds. And friends. I’m not saying their job isn’t important, but they aren’t firemen who spend 3 day shifts in the office. They push updates live at a time that they can. The end of their workday makes a lot of sense for several reasons.
1. They can spend all day working on it to make sure its absolutely 100% polished to their standards.
2. They can go home and play it
Those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head. Remember, its their game too, they aren’t intentionally screwing over anyone

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Please stop catering to the pacific timezone. This is the worst possible time for the majority of your player base.

Majority of the playerbase? Yeah, I’d like to see some numbers on that one. They cater to pacific because THEY are in pacific. They get the kitten ready during the day and then push it out in the evening.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Miga.1345

Miga.1345

They don’t have anything to prove. They brought us a great game and this will be a great update. Lets all wait and see when it drops.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Miss Killjoy.3568

Miss Killjoy.3568

They DID market it as October 23rd to EU players. There was a version of the e-mail message which gave the European dates. Furthermore, they indicated in the NA e-mail that times/dates were PST, so I think they were clear enough…

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SaiKosis.4587

SaiKosis.4587

PDT is UTC -8

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nalsh.4385

nalsh.4385

You guys are being really rude. Seriously, chill. Breathe. They’re working on fixing things very hard. It’s an incredibly complex game.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shasow.1492

Shasow.1492

If it comes out at 11:59PM, I will be extremely disappointed.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: davebb.1063

davebb.1063

GMT aka UTC should be used as a reference for all the times. We use it for amateur radio. Weather service uses it. GMT has no daylight savings so no confusion.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I’m not going to expect anything until 2:59am Eastern. That way I won’t be disappointed haha.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

“ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

We understand that you’re all impatient for the Halloween update to go live.

As stated on the event page, the Halloween event will go live on October 22, Pacific Time.

As previously messaged earlier today, it will go live later this evening on October 22.

It is an involved process to push a game update to the live servers, so a lot of care must be taken to ensure quality.

Thanks for your patience and understanding."

That’s really quite appalling. You sell yourselves as a quality AAA mmo, in 2012, and yet you are incapable of providing a time for when you intend to release your event. You do realize that holiday events and content patches in mmos have been happening for years, they are not technical marvels. Your player-base is not stupid and are (mostly) not gullible.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ekylok.2410

ekylok.2410

The Presidential debate is about to begin in the US, so I would not expect an update for 2-3 hours

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amorphous.2160

Amorphous.2160

lol at the impatience of some people. It sucks to wait, I agree, but it’s better than a rushed job. All kinds of unforeseen things can come up with a patch like that. It’s the first “major” patch for the game so far. If they rushed it and something broke or went wrong, everyone would kitten because they rushed it and “WAHHHHH YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE SURE FIRST!!!” but when they take efforts to ensure things will go smoothly, it’s “WAHHHHHH I NEED IT NOWWWW WHO CARES IF SOMETHING BREAKS, YOU PROMISED!!!!” They can’t win with some people, so they don’t try, and I don’t blame them.

If your day is made or broken by an event going live by a certain time, you really need to step outside a bit more often.

Intel i7 3.4GHz – 16GB RAM – MSi 560Ti 2GB – 9TB Total internal storage

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ephakih.7863

Ephakih.7863

Really? Everything I read from their twitter, facebook and forum posts said October 22nd (October 23rd GMT). But.. if you werent LOOKING for it I guess you could miss it.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Miga.1345

Sam, They did not provide a time to ensure things are ready to roll out. Time and Time again we see products or services released before they are ready and things FLOP. To save an hour would you like them to have to take the entire game down in 20 minutes to fix stuff?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jatobi.1756

jatobi.1756

“ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

We understand that you’re all impatient for the Halloween update to go live.

As stated on the event page, the Halloween event will go live on October 22, Pacific Time.

As previously messaged earlier today, it will go live later this evening on October 22.

It is an involved process to push a game update to the live servers, so a lot of care must be taken to ensure quality.

Thanks for your patience and understanding."

That’s really quite appalling. You sell yourselves as a quality AAA mmo, in 2012, and yet you are incapable of providing a time for when you intend to release your event. You do realize that holiday events and content patches in mmos have been happening for years, they are not technical marvels. Your player-base is not stupid and are (mostly) not gullible.

Wonder how long this will be up before it gets deleted?

I said pretty much the same thing not too long ago.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EmperorCheng.9685

EmperorCheng.9685

I don’t understand why there are so many impatient people here. This content update is FREE… stop complaining.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Encaladus.5291

Encaladus.5291

i love how ppl are saying ‘go read the e-mail they sent u’ i and other members of my guild chatting on vent recieved no e-mail whatsoever…..

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Miga.1345

If it comes out at 11:59PM, I will be extremely disappointed.

Why? Its a pay one game that is so much better than the brain washed, rinse and repeat MMOS out there. What gives you the right to be Disappointed that they gave you thousands of $s and their sweat, blood and tears for FREE. Grow up

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drakovian.7582

Drakovian.7582

yeah, didnt get an e-mail either.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Beetleguise.7524

Beetleguise.7524

I hate this wait but I am sure it will all be worth it. So I wanted to say THANKS ANET FOR THE AWESOME GAME AND SWEET EVENTS.

For everyone else be patient with these guys, they’ve done a lot to of work to iron out the kinks in the code and they are working quite long to make sure we have a good experience, there are bound to be bumpy roads so just cut them some slack.

Lvl. 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Debate semantics all you wish. ANet promoted the event specifically to get players hyped up for it. It should be no surprise when they hype leads to frustration when it doesn’t happen when anticipated.

When marketing advertises the 22nd, then there’s a reasonable assumption that anybody playing during the day of the 22nd would see the update, and not have to wait until sometime in the evening.

And assuming they base it off Pacific time, then the process for the update should have been planned to begin before Midnight PDT the night before. If it’s Midnight PDT tonight, then it will be going live on Oct 23rd PDT.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

My earlier statement has been buried a bit, so I’ve created a new thread.

Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Miss Killjoy.3568

Miss Killjoy.3568

If you didn’t receive the e-mail, check your spam folder? Gmail sent the e-mail to my spam folder, heh. :p I only knew about it because my guildmates posted it on our forums!