This Halloween has been nothing short of spectacular

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

I heard that ArenaNet puts on great holiday events but I didn’t expect it to be this good or extensive.

From the baby Quaggans and Scavenger Hunt to redecorating Lions Arch to the Halloween music.

I was sitting in Lions Arch when it exploded, I had no idea that the event was going to start and got caught up in the mad rush into the mad realm.

The people I was with lost their minds when we made it to the clock tower, it is by far the most fun thing I’ve did in an online game. Thanks to everyone at ArenaNet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Indeed, this event really impressed me, and its not over yet! Act 4 is still comming.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: KiraDeldimor.7362

KiraDeldimor.7362

I have to agree 130%. I bought the outfits from the store ,and got my 4 minis. Done the scavenger hunts, the mini-games, Mad King’s realm, and having a blast. The 3rd Act opener was fan-freakingtasic. Has to be hands down best holiday event yet. Now lets see what they do for Winterday……

OH I can’t wait……

in Halloween Event

Luisedgm.2375

I just fear they have set the expectations way too high and people will moan if the next events are slightly less entertaining than halloween was.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

i rather prefer the more fun-type events in WOW versus time sink events like carve 150 pumpkins or gather 100 tort bags etc.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

This has definitely been the best Holiday Event I’ve ever participated in. I will admit Act 1 started a little slow, but Act 2 kicked in to overdrive.

The 2 minigames (Lunatic and Reavers) are both genuinely fun game types. I’m going to be sad to see them switched off for a year!

I enjoyed getting some lore on the Mad King finally, the scavenger hunt chains really helped show how horrible the Mad King really is. In the past we knew he was ‘bad’ but for the players he was just a fun dude who told jokes and did a fun simon says game. Now we really get to see him as a threat to the world, a fitting Holiday villain.

Of course the Ascent to Madness was fantastic as well… it’s one of the more fun boss fights I’ve had in the game so far.

I really think you guys outdid yourselves. This is dramatically improved over GW1’s events, and if I can make the comparison I think it’s better than any other MMO holiday event so far.

@Icecat I like how you compare the ‘fun’ events in WoW to the most tedius optional achievement part of this event. WoW has their share of tedius holiday achievements too, remember Halloween Masks?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Yea, I’d have to agree. This does seem like the best event I’ve seen so far.

in Halloween Event

Luisedgm.2375

i rather prefer the more fun-type events in WOW versus time sink events like carve 150 pumpkins or gather 100 tort bags etc.

Implying the tower was not the most fun jumping puzzle ever
Implying the custome fight were not fun
Implying the mad king dungeon was not good

Just go back to your pandas boy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Definitely the best holiday event in any game I ever played. The effort the company put into this is outstanding. It is varied, fun content that you can do.

i rather prefer the more fun-type events in WOW

Actually, WoW used to do events that were far more grindy than this one, which isn’t grindy at all.

Don’t carve 150 pumpkins? Don’t. Just carve all you see, and finish it next year. No issue.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

Coming from GW1, which already had fun holiday events, GW2 Halloween blew me away. I’ve done everything there is to do so far (except grind for rare skins in the dungeon) and I had a lot of fun!

Thanks Anet!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I have rather enjoyed the event. My game play experience has been fantastic so far. OMG, I want to take all of those adorable trick-or-treaters home with me melts

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

The Mad King was by far the way an epic once-a-year boss fight should be.

The horseman in WoW was entertaining, but the fight took place in a small section of a dungeon everyone already played.

The Mad King fight was like a dynamic event that got my party to think and use skill to keep up with the boss instead of a 2 minute beat fest you endlessly fought to get loot.

also, great job coming up with the candy corn, plastic spiders, and skeletons being enemies! That put a big smile on my face.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hunter Theron.6428

Hunter Theron.6428

Props to you Arenanet! You went above and beyond. Hope King Thorn shows up again on Halloween with more of Mad King says and his awful jokes. Hope Wintersday will be equally awesome!

Theron Aquila – Human Ranger

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Volias.9653

Volias.9653

I have had an amazing time during this event so far. I have enjoyed learning about the Mad King and think they did a great job scaling lower levels to 80 so they could also participate without feeling left out of the fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

It has been great! Not only is the quaggan pirate (YAAARRRR!) adorable, but the little progeny cannibal…I want to put him in my pocket! The decorations have looked awesome.

The scavenger hunts were cool and the background lore was awesome. My husband and I were going, “Oh man, he is awful!”

The different sized candy corn monsters cracked me up! Bite sized, King sized, Family sized!

The whole new realm with different areas to choose from is superb and I am going to miss it when it is gone! I have really enjoyed Reaper’s Rumble once I got the hang of it.

In WoW, I always enjoyed the holiday stuff and looking to see if they added anything new each year. GW2 has done a great job with Halloween and we have 1 act still to go!

Can’t wait to see what is in store for Wintersday!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: redlance.1840

redlance.1840

The only complain I make about the ascent into madness boss fight is that the Mad King should do "mad king says… " jokes during fight, now it’s simply a dps fight with no real strategy, even the scarecrow with fear that can send you down the border and die, it’s only an annoiance (resurrect to waypoint, go back to fight). Instead, during the fight (not only at start, like now), the Mad King should do “Mad King says…” joke, all the party should stop and do the emote, if you don’t do it, you are dead and out of istance.

The other parts of the event, specially the Labyrinth and the 2 pvp mini games, are really nice and well implemented.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

If grinding pumpkins to carve isn’t your thing you guys should check out Lunatic Inquisition (zombies done GW2 if you’re familiar with that game mode in games) or Reaper’s…something. Kinda MOBAish in that you collect pumpkins in the field to grow skeletons in your mausoleums and try to take your enemies mausoleums down. Both lots of fun, took me a round to understand what was going on in Lunatic Inquisition!!

GW does great minigames and even if they don’t give much in the way of rewards, are just worth doing because they’re fun and won’t get a chance to until next year or maybe never!

[EG] is recruiting!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Juvnoc.7650

Juvnoc.7650

The Halloween event has been very enjoyable. Especially the “Tower of Tears.” I just love that thing.