2017 Wintersday Scribe Decs community wants

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

These are the kinds of things the community said on the forums this year we wanted for Wintersday2016. Here is compiled list of everything players have suggested so far, so maybe we can get some of these next year. While blocks of snow might be good for building jps, people want “holiday themed” decorations that liven up the place. I’ve included pics of some of these things below.

Candy Cane steps (like in Divinities Reach Pavialon area or Winterland JP)

Snowball piles (to fight each other anywhere round the hall)Snowmakers allow this

Some kind of garland to be hung on walls

White candles(in addition to the yellow ones)

Piles of gifts(like in PvP area)

Large candles (like in PvP area)

Candy Canes (like in PvP area- could be turned into some kind of lamp?)

Snowmen out of snow (not ice)preferably like wreaths, able to make many of them.

Snowman & Reindeer ice sculpture that are HUGE like helicopter height. (more in the direction of Holbrek Ice sculptures)

Large snow covered area(size like SAB or Fractal platforms)(bonus if you could place these large snow covered platforms on the waters surface.)

A “dusting of snow” similar to above but just an even bigger thin, thin transparent layer simulating a dusting of snow(like the floor of The Crown Pavilion in DR during Wintersday).

Large snow covered trees (think bitterfrost/Frostgorge Sound) and there is already is a tonic of one model from [Mystery Tonics- smells like the forest])

1 LARGE wintersday tree rather then the tiny version currently in game.(retool tiny holiday trees to require mats like wreaths and make large tree – made from small ones)

A sleigh- (rare expenisve item maybe a bag full of toys on it ) Maybe this was the intention of “Fancy Wagon”, idk.

Snow globe (norn size) ((bottom pic with green object in it. not a snow globe but made me think of it this time of year. It actually looks like a fish tank sorta))

Snowflake platforms (from snowball mayhem)

Just some ideas, list more of them in the comments below…

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Our own floating Tixx golem/airship to float above the GH.

A statue of Tixx or Santa Charr!

I’d also like it if they left snow piles exchangeable all year round, then those with less decorations have the opportunity to get more at any time and decorate early in time for the festival.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can you not hit other Guildies with the snowballs from the current piles of snow in the Guild Hall? I’ve only ever picked them up when alone in the Hall.

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

A version of the big plushie Quaggan that’s in DR right now would be pretty awesome.

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

basically, decos sufficient for ppl to make a snow landscape

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Can you not hit other Guildies with the snowballs from the current piles of snow in the Guild Hall? I’ve only ever picked them up when alone in the Hall.

You can indeed. I often get snowball slinger dailies in the guild hall.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed, so one of the OP’s wishes are already available.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Alpine Trees need to be a thing for the guild hall. Currently the only use for Alpine lumber cores is a bookshelf.

Each lumber core needs a corresponding tree for the guild hall. Please.

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Some items are already in the game. The snowmakers for example allow you to pick up snowballs you can thow at your guild mates similar to the snowball piles in DR (you can keep picking up snowballs over and over). The fragments required to craft them are over expensive now, but just stock up on snowpiles now and craft the snow makers later when prizes are back to normal.

I agree that some nice flat panels with snow similar to the SAB rockpanels would be really nice to have, though we could not wait and with some creativity you can make a floor with the big blocks that we got this year as well (see attached pic of our guild node area in gilded hollow)

Also decorating on the water is no problem you just need to use something to place the item (flagpoles are great for that), using similar methods you can even build stuff in midair. (stack up some flagpoles, put your item and remove the flagpoles when you are done, leaving the desired deco in mid air)

I also agree that we could indeed use a supersized wintersday tree and most of the other items on the list, though for me the ice sculptures are fine as they are (i just which their state could be safed so they do not always revert back to blocks when you enter a fresh instance of the hall).

I would love some snow themed bridges myself

Attachments:

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

(edited by Rin of Rivvinda.4971)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

1 LARGE wintersday tree rather then the tiny version currently in game.(retool tiny holiday trees to require mats like wreaths and make large tree – made from small ones)

Just this one for me.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.