Account-wide bag for Heart of Thorns, PLEASE

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Copper-fed salvage kit, terrace pass, permanent bank/merchant/TP, mystic forge, black lion gathering tools, and the executioner axe for getting around. It’s a lot of things to shift between characters, and I’d really like an account-wide bag where I can access them all without the hassle of moving them in and out of my bank.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I have more things then you, (permanent merchant, airship pass, royal terrace pass, home portal stone etc) then you, and Even to me it doesnt bother. Keep the top bank tab clear. Send all your items there, reveive on other char, set, takes like 3 min.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Yvi.5762

Yvi.5762

I have more things then you, (permanent merchant, airship pass, royal terrace pass, home portal stone etc) then you, and Even to me it doesnt bother. Keep the top bank tab clear. Send all your items there, reveive on other char, set, takes like 3 min.

Why is there always one person who doesn’t want a quality of life improvement?

I haven’t got any of those items yet it makes perfect sense.

Even further items like that should be accessible on an account wide menu so no swapping at all is needed. Just let people get the full benefit without the hassle.

British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune

Dreggon.6598

I know right

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I’ve got these too, and they stay on one character because of it. These are supposed to be time-saving, quality of life items. We’ve paid for the convenience, yet we don’t actually get it. I might as well use that three minutes to go to the bank, empty my inventory and resupply on gathering tools / salvage kits from the nearby merchant.

An account-wide bag or the ability to access these items from the hero panel would be nice.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Some kind of Ascended Bag? I never thought I’d see the day, let alone actually supporting it and thinking it’s a good idea.

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

+1
/15 chars

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

Just my take on a way to implement a method to use items between characters, drumming up more item usage and sales for Anet.

—The Start—
A new tab would be added to the bank interface, this tab would be an account pouch (name open for change) this tab would the only way to add or remove items from this pouch. The tab could have a start up price of gems (400, would be reasonable, due to character cost later on). Tab could have less space than a bank slot, with room to buy more.

Include in this tab are 3 Tool Slots, one pick/axe/sickle. The slots would hold, usable items Revive orbs, merchant summons, summon stones, potions, drinks & foods, Boosts, and WvW items) Salvage Kits (Merchant bought, infinite or black lion) Toys, Movement changes, and Instruments.
Along with items such as the Infinite Continue Coin or not infinite, possible even pick locks that would allow you to use the items from the pouch, same method as the tools.

—Way to access—
A new icon would be on the bottom of the inventory interface, clicking this would have a pop up of just the slots, and will stay open until closed (this way you can use salvage slots with little effort). You would only be allowed to use the items, no switching, no moving and no adding anymore through this interface.

—Tool Slots—
The tool slots would be the major reason for the character cost. My idea for this is the you can store any type of tools, infinite or merchant bought in these slots. The way to use those tools is to not have any equipped on your character while trying to mine/chop/harvest. This would allow you to use different tools if your wished to, such as having a bone pick in the account pouch for back up but still like using the golem pick for an Asuran character for role play, or alternative use up those specials ones like frost tools.

—Cost—
Now the biggest complaint is that this could take money away from Anet (nothing I want to do) so the best way to address that is to make it that each separate character would have to pay an amount of gems (200 or less) to unlock the pouch icon on the bottom of the inventory interface (this is the better option so that the bank tab does not get stuck behind a gem lock for each character).
Although I would prefer not having to pay twice for items already purchased.

—Why—
Alot of people will just switch items around, that is all well and good for them but I don’t like having to run back to do so, and lets face it I forget about alot of them items and most of them sit and do nothing, I have no reason to buy more because I don’t use them as is. But if they get used and I find I like them alot more I may buy more.
The same goes for infinite tools, I bought a few at 800Gems each, but at 1000 I have no interest in buying anymore this way Anet can still make some money off my already bought tools because I would use them for new characters with little hassle.

(edited by Librascythe.3152)

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

I think a great idea would be is to add a tab on the bank interface that shows each of your characters bags and you can easily just drag and drop whatever items you want, into the bags, that way you dont have to waste time switching toons, it would be more of a convience thing just like alot of things Anet puts in the gem store. But like you said in order to do this they can buy it that extra tab for around 400-600 gems

Posted by: Lowen.7109

Lowen.7109

Love the idea. Tangentially, would love to see something for ascended/legendary equipment that suffers the same fate!

Dreggon.6598

Love the idea. Tangentially, would love to see something for ascended/legendary equipment that suffers the same fate!

My idea for that was to make the ‘grind’ for legendary armor be tied to unlocking it, so unlocking (for example) the chestpiece would be extremely expensive and time-consuming, but crafting copies of it subsequently would be significantly cheaper (I have alts, after all). And instead of unique skins it would be weightless and let you wear any weight skin on any character (e.g. guardian in leather/cloth). But I digress.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I would pay gems for an account-wide bag. >_>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Copper-fed salvage kit, terrace pass, permanent bank/merchant/TP, mystic forge, black lion gathering tools, and the executioner axe for getting around. It’s a lot of things to shift between characters, and I’d really like an account-wide bag where I can access them all without the hassle of moving them in and out of my bank.

Why not support Anet, and by a set for each character.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would pay 2000 gems for an account wide bag with 20+ slots

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Lowen.7109

Lowen.7109

An account bound bag could cost per slot, and/or be of increasing price per slot. More about convenience, than avoiding paying up. I wouldn’t mind shared slots for my apple and wrench buffs.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I would pay for the account wide unlock, not character unlock.

No, they would not be losing money. They’d get money. Right now I have one set of harvesting tools and when they first came out I refused to buy any because they were soulbound not accountbound. The set up of paying 400 gems for each character is pretty much making them soulbound again just 60% off. They should just lower the cost of them to 400gems instead of 1000gems if they did this since that’s the only thing I ever swap. Maybe they could make a harvesting/salvage tab and equipment tab. Harvest/salvage is for the account (at 800gems), equipment (for Ascended/Legendary) is character specific (at 400 gems).

Making you buy things per character, in my opinion, is never a good idea. Originally it was why I never bought the armor sets (had to pay per use back then, only bought any after Wardrobe aside from the free set from upgrading to deluxe) and one of two reasons why I don’t buy character bag slots. The second reason is that I don’t need more bag space.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Account wide siege bag will sell like hot cakes.
HintHint Anet.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

An account bound bag could cost per slot, and/or be of increasing price per slot. More about convenience, than avoiding paying up. I wouldn’t mind shared slots for my apple and wrench buffs.

Press Alt and drag with mouse splits them up nice.

Librascythe.3152

I would pay for the account wide unlock, not character unlock.

No, they would not be losing money. They’d get money. Right now I have one set of harvesting tools and when they first came out I refused to buy any because they were soulbound not accountbound. The set up of paying 400 gems for each character is pretty much making them soulbound again just 60% off. They should just lower the cost of them to 400gems instead of 1000gems if they did this since that’s the only thing I ever swap. Maybe they could make a harvesting/salvage tab and equipment tab. Harvest/salvage is for the account (at 800gems), equipment (for Ascended/Legendary) is character specific (at 400 gems).

Making you buy things per character, in my opinion, is never a good idea. Originally it was why I never bought the armor sets (had to pay per use back then, only bought any after Wardrobe aside from the free set from upgrading to deluxe) and one of two reasons why I don’t buy character bag slots. The second reason is that I don’t need more bag space.

Agreed, I would rather pay once and have it for all characters, But I would also rather have implemented for convenience. My thinking with 400 being 2 characters for 10, but even that seems kind of ridiculous to access items you already paid for so I’m going to edit that.

Never thought about ascended.. …

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Orrrrrrrrr
You could just buy a set of tools for each character, seeing as that is the most profitable option for anet
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You could buy dark steel pick axes b/c they are cheap

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Heck, even baring that, I would love to have a locker where I can stuff an entire bag, including all of it’s contents and pick it up on different character where I can put it in an empty bag slot and have all of it’s contents there. It’d be a lot more convenient than using 20 bank slots to shuffle a bag’s worth of items between characters and make it so much better for sharing equipment, foods and toys between alts.

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Just my take on a way to implement a method to use items between characters, drumming up more item usage and sales for Anet.

—The Start—
A new tab would be added to the bank interface, this tab would be an account pouch (name open for change) this tab would the only way to add or remove items from this pouch. The tab could have a start up price of gems (400, would be reasonable, due to character cost later on). Tab could have less space than a bank slot, with room to buy more.

Include in this tab are 3 Tool Slots, one pick/axe/sickle. The slots would hold, usable items (Revive orbs, merchant summons, summon stones, ect..) Salvage Kits (Merchant bought, infinite or black lion) Toys, Movement changes, and Instruments.

—Way to access—
A new icon would be on the bottom of the inventory interface, clicking this would have a pop up of just the slots, and will stay open until closed (this way you can use salvage slots with little effort). You would only be allowed to use the items, no switching, no moving and no adding anymore through this interface.

—Tool Slots—
The tool slots would be the major reason for the character cost. My idea for this is the you can store any type of tools, infinite or merchant bought in these slots. The way to use those tools is to not have any equipped on your character while trying to mine/chop/harvest. This would allow you to use different tools if your wished to, such as having a bone pick in the account pouch for back up but still like using the golem pick for an Asuran character for role play, or alternative use up those specials ones like frost tools.

—Cost—
Now the biggest complaint is that this could take money away from Anet (nothing I want to do) so the best way to address that is to make it that each separate character would have to pay an amount of gems (200 or less) to unlock the pouch icon on the bottom of the inventory interface (this is the better option so that the bank tab does not get stuck behind a gem lock for each character).
Although I prefer not having to pay for items already purchased.

—Why—
Alot of people will just switch items around, that is all well and good for them but I don’t like having to run back to do so, and lets face it I forget about alot of them items and most of them sit and do nothing, I have no reason to buy more because I don’t use them as is. But if they get used and I find I like them alot more I may buy more.
The same goes for infinite tools, I bought a few at 800Gems each, but at 1000 I have no interest in buying anymore this way Anet can still make some money off my already bought tools because I would use them for new characters with little hassle.

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

Another thing, does your “useable” include potions like the slayer ones? It’s annoying that you need to either remember to put those in bank or just spend more money(and possible use a tp express) so each character will have it(if you’re an altaholic like me).
Min-Maxers will dance the moment this kind of thing is implemented.

(edited by Mor The Thief.9135)

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Anything that makes an altoholic’s life easier is a good thing in my book, and I would pay real money for it.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would pay 2000 gems for a 20+ slot account wide bag
5000 gems for being able to unlock sigils / runes for legendary equipment

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

You completely missed the point. Having to put your convenience items in the bank is inconvenient and a waste of time. Personally, I have never spent gems on convenience items because it takes less time to just buy the needed salvage kits and tools from vendors instead of swapping them through characters. This defeats the entire point of these premium items imo. And saving inventory space is not a valid use because I can just buy bag slots for that.

The solution to this problem is very simple, because it already exists in the game. In the achievement tab you can claim achievement item skins as many times as you want and on any character of the same account. Simply put purchased convenience items there so that they are claimable by every character.

(edited by Ganathar.4956)

Librascythe.3152

That claimable per every character would still take up your inventory space, that is why I thought of a pop up window with the items, that way u can use them at full inventory and on all character with little hassle.

And yes the slots for usable items would be for all types, WvW, potions, food, drinks, account bound items or not. unless coded it could probably be an extra bank slot for armor but just not usable via inventory pop up. Or maybe it could be.

Another addition Would be the Infinite Continue coin from Super Adventure box, and items like that could be redeemed while in the pouch once again saving time and space if you choose to play on multiple characters.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No to account bound bags.Here is why.
At the current moment i have 5 characters + 31 bags + 620 bag slots.If the bags become account wide the space will become limmited just like the bank.And instead of 620 slots i will have for instance 200 which is so little from what ever angle you look at it.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Librascythe.3152

No to account bound bags.Here is why.
At the current moment i have 5 characters + 31 bags + 620 bag slots.If the bags become account wide the space will become limmited just like the bank.And instead of 620 slots i will have for instance 200 which is so little from what ever angle you look at it.

My suggestion is to add a different space, not make the current pouches account wide.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Just make the Permanent BL Bank Access thingy more accessible, purchasable for gems. Then make an NPC like the guy in LA who gave you the EoTN portal stones to give one for each character. ANet profits, we get actual convenience.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

OP wonderful idea

+ + + 1

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Not going to happen as long as Bank Access Express is still a gem store item.

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Because people are spiteful and will argue with anything to make themselves feel better.
And for QoL implementations, they know they can hide behind the almighty “If they spend resources developing this they aren’t spending resources making actual content” argument regardless of if they believe it.

They don’t actually disagree with quality of life improvments, they just don’t want someone who isn’t them to have a good idea.

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

First let me say that there is no item I would like more than an account wide bag. I would pay for it. I would pay a LOT for it.

That being said here is why I think it won’t happen: For every character that I enjoy playing I buy a set of permanent gathering tools and a copper fed salvage-o-matic. I have many characters that I enjoy playing; consequently I have many sets of gathering tools and salvage-o-matics. I think there are probably a lot of people who have bought copies of the tools and I think A-Net will be faced with a large refund request if they were to implement these account bound bags.

It’s such a convenience though, it may well be that enough people who don’t buy the tools now would be enticed to buy both the bag and the tools that it would be worth it to them in the long run.

I would love to see an account wide bag. I would be fine if it were a bag slot that needed to be unlocked on each character who wished to use it.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Librascythe.3152

First let me say that there is no item I would like more than an account wide bag. I would pay for it. I would pay a LOT for it.

That being said here is why I think it won’t happen: For every character that I enjoy playing I buy a set of permanent gathering tools and a copper fed salvage-o-matic. I have many characters that I enjoy playing; consequently I have many sets of gathering tools and salvage-o-matics. I think there are probably a lot of people who have bought copies of the tools and I think A-Net will be faced with a large refund request if they were to implement these account bound bags.

It’s such a convenience though, it may well be that enough people who don’t buy the tools now would be enticed to buy both the bag and the tools that it would be worth it to them in the long run.

I would love to see an account wide bag. I would be fine if it were a bag slot that needed to be unlocked on each character who wished to use it.

Yeah I am in the same boat I have multiple infinite tools, but I have no interest in buying any more at 1000 gems each.
Although with the salvage-o-matics I never bought because I don’t want to deal with transferring or buying more than one, if I had an easy way to access it then I would in a heart beat just for the convince of never needing to stop at a merchant to pick on up again.

As for refunds, as mean is it sounds I don’t think that would be the best method, they didn’t/won’t have changed the tools themselves so no reason to refund (unlike clothing) nor do I expect want one. Maybe they could be nice and offer a merchant that would buy the tools back at a reduced gold/gem rate so those who only want the one could have it that way.

But if my idea was implemented I would be fine with keeping my “extra” tools.

Of course instruments and toys would be in the same boat. Hopefully this could be introduced before they continue to add in more items like those to save people from buying more duplicates. Or at least comment if they have a semi interest of creating something like this.

(edited by Librascythe.3152)

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Great idea.
;uig iuyg lu

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

This is the main reason I don’t buy bag slots. Its only per 1 character, when I have 12 and enjoy making new ones…. If I could have a bag slot that was account linked I would easily pay the gem price. Easily.

Posted by: Mordachai.1896

Mordachai.1896

Players with more then one set of permanent tools, like me, would want a refund.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I think this would give too big of an advantage to players with lots of alts over players with a few alts. Smells like pay to win.

Posted by: Terror Reaper.7139

Terror Reaper.7139

Thought:
A bag slot dedicated to account-bound items, that can be seen by all characters on each account. This include the Airpass (or equivalent), boosters, salvage kits, food?, harvesting tools?, etc.

Examples:
I hate having to drop my airpass into the bank, or fish through the recently played characters to find it if I forget. I wouldn’t be splitting my boosters up, or having to go to the bank to Alt-drag some more out. I also wouldn’t have multiple Mystic Salvage Kits for multiple characters (wasting Forge Stones because I find it too much of a waste of time to go to the bank before and after a playthrough). While food may not be account-bound, I think it should be allowed here as well (they still need to be the required level to consume it, of course).
I wish I could easily transfer my infinite harvesting tools between characters, or have the game show which character they are on.

Question(s):
What do you guys think of having an account-wide bag slot?
Have the devs and community already spoken on this matter? (I have not heard)

My Opinion:
I think this is a good Quality of Life (QOL) upgrade that would make a lot of players happy. I know going to the bank is a TP and a short walk away, but having to do that everytime I play an alternate character gets pretty time consuming and annoying (I switch up a lot).

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

This has been mentioned numerous times over the years. While I have seen people for and against, we have yet to hear anything of it actually being implemented.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I would love this, it can even be limited to only 1 bag, and it can cost 2x or even 3x a bag slot expansion in the gem store and I would get it

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

This is the only mmo I’ve ever played so I don’t know but has it ever been done on any other game? and did it work out well?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

This is the only mmo I’ve ever played so I don’t know but has it ever been done on any other game? and did it work out well?

WoW for one has been steadily moving towards account-wide storage. Heirloom panel, the toy box, account wide pets & mounts, summonable guild bank, multiple private bank summons…

This would be a step beyond what has been done there, at least, but i can’t see how it could not work. It’s just a question of whether the devs want us players to have so much convenience.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t know why they don’t just make the Permanent Bank Access Express available for purchase from the gem store. Legions of people would buy it and it would solve this issue.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t know why they don’t just make the Permanent Bank Access Express available for purchase from the gem store. Legions of people would buy it and it would solve this issue.

I have no idea either. They put the oddest things in the black lion chests, with such a low drop rate. I would think an item like this would sell in large numbers. I bought one from the trading post for 700 gold, and it’s been worth every copper in convenience.The only thing I can think of is it would conflict with sales of the temporary bank accesses and the character inventory bag slots.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Is no the same i have the permanent bank access and love it, but still you need to put it in the bank so is available to your other characters and they need to stay near a bank to get it.

It saves a lot of time and space in your inventory went you are doing dungeons, map exploration, or fractals. But it no reemplace a account share tab.

I would pay 2000 gems only for 8 acount share spaces.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I have 9 permanent bank license.

I suppose it could work the same. But not many people is crazy enough to pay 700 gold for each character they own.

If it is cheaper people can just buy one for each of their characters.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Answer to OP’s question: anet doesn’t want you to change these item between Charakter. Anet wants you to buy more for $. Solution for all your problems: buy more of these items. For example:
I currently own 30 Charakter and I bought the infinite harevsting tools for each Charakter which cost me only around 70.000 gems, (not 90.000, because of special offers). All problems are solved no, never need to put them into bank again!

Edit: of course the same about infinite salvage kits or airship passes. Even if you like some play items like carpet or flute, just buy multiple for each char! It’s really easy, just spend some $ or € or a little bit ingame gold!
Anet profits, you profit, everyone profits!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Answer to OP’s question: anet doesn’t want you to change these item between Charakter. Anet wants you to buy more for $. Solution for all your problems: buy more of these items. For example:
I currently own 30 Charakter and I bought the infinite harevsting tools for each Charakter which cost me only around 70.000 gems, (not 90.000, because of special offers). All problems are solved no, never need to put them into bank again!

Edit: of course the same about infinite salvage kits or airship passes. Even if you like some play items like carpet or flute, just buy multiple for each char! It’s really easy, just spend some $ or € or a little bit ingame gold!
Anet profits, you profit, everyone profits!

Wouldent it be cheaper to buy permanent bank expresses for all characters then instead?