Adventures for collections

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

I like the adventures but also hate them. I am personally not good at a few of them and sadly it is the one’s like Sanctum Scramble that I can not even get bronze in. In my opinion the requirement for the collection should not require bronze but at least numerous attempts in a row . Maybe like 4-6 times.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Then players would purposely fail it repeatedly rather than actually attempt to succeed. Giving players a “gold star” for effort isn’t the best way to go. The trick to that adventure is to make use of the skills and not treat it as simply a jumping puzzle.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The problem lies in the collections that require silver (Hivemaster…).

But to address the specific case, as Ayrilana mentioned, the key to SS is treating it as a gliding skill-assisted race, and not as a jumping puzzle (use rush when gliding to speed it up and extend distance, use untargeted jump for small jumps, use targeted jump not to jump forward, but up – and start gliding)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Ayrilana.1396

I think only Hivemaster requires silver as all the others you can get copper in. Since Hivemaster is simply optional, needing silver adds to the prestige.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s no more or less optional than all the other collections, that had their requirements downgraded from silver to bronze.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I like the adventures but also hate them. I am personally not good at a few of them and sadly it is the one’s like Sanctum Scramble that I can not even get bronze in. In my opinion the requirement for the collection should not require bronze but at least numerous attempts in a row . Maybe like 4-6 times.

What collection is it required for?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

But to address the specific case, as Ayrilana mentioned, the key to SS is treating it as a gliding skill-assisted race, and not as a jumping puzzle (use rush when gliding to speed it up and extend distance, use untargeted jump for small jumps, use targeted jump not to jump forward, but up – and start gliding)

My biggest stumbling block on that adventure is just not knowing where to go. I’ve done the JP itself, and can see the checkpoints but I always always always forget where to go as soon as it starts

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think only Hivemaster requires silver as all the others you can get copper in. Since Hivemaster is simply optional, needing silver adds to the prestige.

Hivemaster, Astralaria, HOPE, Nevermore, all require Silver but none of those require silver in Sanctum Scramble.

Ayrilana.1396

Hivemaster, Astralaria, HOPE, Nevermore, all require Silver but none of those require silver in Sanctum Scramble.

Which are for prestige items and no sort of progression.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

My biggest stumbling block on that adventure is just not knowing where to go. I’ve done the JP itself, and can see the checkpoints but I always always always forget where to go as soon as it starts

It’s just a counterclockwise spiral up the side of the room.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

SS uses similar mechanics to Sanctum sprint and the Aspects found in Dry top. One thing most people don’t know is that skills can be used together. Especially Wind and Sun, which allows you to leap while dashing, or dashing mid leap. In SS, you can also use Sun to dash while gliding for huge burst of forward movement without the risk of falling.