Are you going to buy HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Absolutely, I’ll preorder it as soon as posible.

I didn’t pay an extra euro in 2 years, it’s nice to see they finally want my money.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

Yes. And if there is a CE I’ll probably get that too.

Posted by: TakaYama.5394

TakaYama.5394

I’m buying it as soon as the option to pre-order is possible. I’ve been a fan of the Guild Wars games since it first came out. I enjoyed what I saw today on Twitch. The only thing that I am disappointed in is the lack of Tengu as a playable race. Everything was vague I agree, but I think that was all because they want to string out the hype so no one runs away till it is released. I am just hopeing I have enough time to gather enough tomes of knowledge to be ready to hit level 80 on day 1.

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

only thing that’s even remotely acceptable is the precursor crafting they been working on for over 1 year.

IIRC, it’s been two years.

Barring something catastrophic, I’ll be buying. Hopefully it’ll include at least one character slot. Otherwise I guess I’ll be buying one as well.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If there are dungeons, then day one. If not, I’ll wait for a sale.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Yes, of course. What a silly question.

I should be writing.

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Nope, absolutely not.
My reaction when watching the stream was ‘This is it?’
How long have they been working on this and this is what they have to show for it?

Now comparing to another, well known MMO’s first expansion;

Guild Wars 2:

3 New maps/tiers of unknown size
1 New class
‘Mastery’
More crafting
The class upgrade thingy
Cheap precursors
‘’More challenging group content’’
Guild Hall
GvG
WvW map no one cares about.

Burning Crusade:

1 New continent made up of 7 zones
2 New races
Faction class swap (Classes no longer exclusive to faction)
4 New smaller zones, including cities for both new races
5 Raids that I can remember
15 New dungeons
1 New PvP map
1 New crafting profession and updated other professions
New skills, flight etc.
And that’s not including the ‘Living World’ patches that included 1 new raid and 1 dungeon in just 1 patch.

Before you dogpile me with ‘’b-but we’ve had Living Story!‘’ the teams developing LS and that develop the XPac will be different.
The LS itself gives you a whole 2 hours of content including achievements(each patch), half of it is bugged that they either never fix, or stealth-fix a WHOLE MONTH LATER while denying any bug existed (Looking at you Annihilator).
While again, WoW has decimated 2 city HuBs (and fixed/redesigned them) and revamped it’s entire base world in one expansion and they don’t even claim this ‘revolutionary living story’.

And don’t even get me started on the fact that it is ALL TEMPORARY. Sure the maps like Southsun, Drytop and Silverwastes are permanent and the Breach is a mechanic that can always trigger. But it’s still time gated because of the playerbase.
Those that join in another year aren’t going to be able to see that content or get those items because everyone else has moved on.
The only thing that keeps the content padded out is the RNG grind.

This ‘expansion’ is nothing more than Living Story 3 and a Feature Pack rolled into a neat little package that they’re going to ask people to pay for. And a disgusting amount of people are only too happy to do so.
I don’t hold anything against people enjoying the game, but no one seems to care if the content is of good quality and so what incentive do ANet have to make anything good? You’ll pay for it anyway.

As someone else said, this only has the ‘expansion’ sticker slapped on it because it’s what people wanted to hear.
It was however hilarious watching Colin wait for applause and got nothing but the occasional pity-clap.

I like GW2 and I really hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be, so now is the time for me to uninstall and go elsewhere.

It always makes me laugh when someone tries to compare Guild Wars 2 to WoW.

First, WoW is a subscription based game. Pay for the base game, then pay for the expansion, and then pay to access the expansion. One year of WoW + 1 expansion is $240. Three years of Guild Wars 2 permanent access for $20-$60. In fact, most reasonable people would think that for a B2P game, getting 100-200 hours of gameplay out of it is fantastic value.

Second of all, you can’t really compare map and dungeon design from 2004 to today. I’d much rather have a few new GW2 dungeons and a raid than 15 TBC WoW Raids/Dungeons. Also, just look at the skills of classes in GW2 compared to WoW class/racial skills and take a gander at which would take longer to make.

Thirdly, I like WoW. I have an active WoW subscription. But I don’t for a minute think that WoW gives more content per dollar than Guild Wars 2.

Fourthly, have you personally experienced the new content yet? Have you seen how big the maps are, or what “masteries” include? Do you know the price of the expansion? If not, I don’t think you can comment on whether it’s ‘good content’ or not.

Ranger//Necro

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

yes.

the price tag should be no greater than $20 considering the small amount of major features and overall content that we are actually getting.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Yes, I love this game but I want more reasons to log on and play some more instead of one day every two weeks for a biweekly episode in the Living Story. This is exactly what I wanted to see. Well, not everything I wanted to see but it’s pretty darn close.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: ectogasm.8764

ectogasm.8764

I’ve bought every GW game. GW1/Faction/Nightfall/EotN/GW2 so yeah I’m going to buy HoT lol. GW is my favorite MMORPG. Its actually the only MMORPG that I have actually really felt invested. Tried others but never felt the same as GW.

brofist me too
I feel the same.
I’m already hyped up from the one trailer.

“The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you?
I’m talking to you every night more than I should do”

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

yes, i’ll pre-order the minute it becomes available still love the game, even though i’ve played a bit less lately i’m looking forward to heading into the jungle on launchday.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Of course I will buy it. I don’t understand people who think 30$+ for an expansion is expensive. WoW:WoD is 44.95$ and that game has a freaking sub fee on top.

And EvE Online gives them away for absolutely free.

Whodathunk there were otehr MMO’s than WoW?

I’d not call anything free in frakkin subscription based game :P

aaand I’m gonna buy it

and consider buying another copies for guildmates that could not afford it just to make sure that they will be able to get into guild hall

and I’m gonna finally bring back from the mist one of my old gw1 chars – cause revenant :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Need more information before I can say for sure, but based on what was shown it is extremely likely that I will be purchasing it.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m absolutely buying it. I may not buy the box, mostly because I can get the digital version the moment it’s released but physical copies always make me wait, or at least have to go to a store and get them.

Now, if ANet sets it up like Blizzard did with MoP and lets Amazon ship it to arrive the day before, so I can install and have it ready to activate, cool. (Possibly a bad example because I never actually installed MoP until WoD was announced …).

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Still throwing money at my screen, but anything is yet to happen (aside from the scratches).

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Posted by: Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

I am totes buying it

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

OFC i will buy it,if it have reasonable price ofc.

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

No, at least not until I read more info (GS on necro is a massive incentive but if we are going to have raid-like bullkitten, then no ty.)

I find this funny, how come you don’t want more content ? I mean I would understand if you just said “I don’t like raids” but how come the simple presence of raids will make you turn down the expansion ? It’s not like you will be forced to do them anyway, it’s something that will be there for those who are intrested without getting in the way of those who are unintrested.

So, mind enlightening me ?

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Yes! No brainer! And, I bet anyone here willing to take the time to read and write on this thread will buy it too, regardless of negative comments.

Posted by: Wyatt Earp.2871

Wyatt Earp.2871

Heck yes I am going to buy the expansion! I have been waiting for something like this for Guild Wars 2.

Love everything I have seen so far in the trailer and what was said at the PAX South panel.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

im not rich but for gw2 there is no price limit

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Of course I will buy it. I don’t understand people who think 30$+ for an expansion is expensive. WoW:WoD is 44.95$ and that game has a freaking sub fee on top.

And EvE Online gives them away for absolutely free.

Whodathunk there were otehr MMO’s than WoW?

I’d not call anything free in frakkin subscription based game :P

aaand I’m gonna buy it

and consider buying another copies for guildmates that could not afford it just to make sure that they will be able to get into guild hall

and I’m gonna finally bring back from the mist one of my old gw1 chars – cause revenant :P

To be fair, last I checked it was totally possible to play without ever having to pay for a sub once you knew what you were doing.

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You know the people here posting on the forums are going to buy it regardless of what they say. Its a extension of the game. They’re going to buy it play it, depending on the player either be satisfied and want more, or be unsatisfied complain about it on the forums and just not pick it up until something major comes up again.

I know I’m going to pre-order as soon as I have the funds and when it’s actually available for pre-order.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: TeeBeeNZ.1963

TeeBeeNZ.1963

No. AN always over sells things, not on purpose… its just their presentation style.

Splitting the population of a game, let alone a MMO is always a bad idea. Given the current areas lacks content then ideally this should have been based there which would have been win win… lose…. lets not forget this will no doubt end up being priced to high.

This announcement demonstrates many things.
- They need money, things are not going as well as they had hoped. Thats fair enough, GW2 was a gamble. When ever you take a popular franchise then change the whole game but keep its name… the result is usually negative (Rainbow 6 for example)
- The living story content simply isn’t working, we all knew this from the start. They have waited to long to correct the situation.
- Perhaps the thing it demonstrates most is that the GW2 has been producing large amounts of content but not putting it into GW2, which of course would have solved most of these issues in the first place. Funny how all this works really.

If its anything more than $10 or the equiv in gems, I think many will avoid, and instead they will go elsewhere once the main game starts to lose population.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

You know the people here posting on the forums are going to buy it regardless of what they say. Its a extension of the game. They’re going to buy it play it, depending on the player either be satisfied and want more, or be unsatisfied complain about it on the forums and just not pick it up until something major comes up again.

I know I’m going to pre-order as soon as I have the funds and when it’s actually available for pre-order.

I’ve always been curious about you pre-order lot. The xpac will be available for download. There’s no way we will have a shortage of copies for that reason.

The only reason would be for preordering a CE since those seemed to sell out quickly for the base game.

Question: why preorder something sight unseen when it makes no difference?
Don’t get me wrong, i’ll try to preorder the CE but if that’s not possible, why not just wait for the normal version to come out?

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

if <$10 yes, otherwise no tnx.
No Tengu no money for u!

Do you really think something with that much content will be that low? I mean sure it isn’t a huge expansion from what has been revealed so far, but the fact that there introducing a new class all together it wont go for that cheap.

That much content? Pretty anemic if you ask me. Precursor quests that have been promised for years made a part of the Mastery system and placed behind a pay wall?

Guild halls that should’ve been in since launch now put behind a pay wall?

The Mastery system which is just horizontal progression (levels without calling them levels)?

A couple new PvP maps?

And what happened to “if we do this game right, we’ll never need expansions.”?

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Before May yes after Summer is Anet’s way of telling me to get lost.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Depends on the Stuff we don’t know yet…

Like:

• The actual number of new maps.
  • The price.
  • Whether they’ll attempted to balance the non Zerker builds.
  • How well they attempted to fix WvW…
…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

From what I’ve noticed, every class will most likely have every weapon. It’ll be your choice to pick what weapon. Based on the wording, “With profession Specializations, you’ll unlock access to A weapon preciously unavailable to your profession as well as new traits, skills, and UNIQUE mechanics – all of which will transform your profession into something new.” Odd huh, it’s like they’re telling us how much room we have to our profession now.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Had this announcement taken place a year ago, absolutely yes.

Now, I’m not entirely sold on it. There are things that certainly look promising, but the issue I have with the current game is that it lacks engaging content. You can give me all the character progression and new classes you want, but my problem with the current game is that there’s nothing fun left to do with any of it. Dungeons have been stagnant since Anet fired the only guy who seemed to care about them two years ago, and class and skill balance are still hardly passable at best, making certain aspects of PvP much more frustrating than they need to be.

It’s great that all this stuff was being worked on behind the scenes, but the crux of the matter is that GW2 should really have the problems it already has fixed before there is more progression forward that can potentially bring about new ones.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’ll probably buy it, yeah.

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

I’ve bought every GW game. GW1/Faction/Nightfall/EotN/GW2 so yeah I’m going to buy HoT lol. GW is my favorite MMORPG. Its actually the only MMORPG that I have actually really felt invested. Tried others but never felt the same as GW.

brofist me too
I feel the same.
I’m already hyped up from the one trailer.

Ditto. This franchise at it’s core, barring some details, has always felt like it was tailored especially to my MMO needs (and GW2 in particular fulfilled needs I didn’t know I had). They continue to be the only games where I have any high level characters at all.

Was I disappointed over lack of Tengu? Yes.

Was I shouting “Oh my god……OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!”" when I saw the symbol on the golden door and what was behind it? Also yes. Those seconds still give me goosebumps.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I was always going to buy anything that offered more Guild Wars, tbh. I would have bought it without any details at all.

This expansion does offer a number of things I’ve been wanting for a while, though.

Posted by: Solid.1945

Solid.1945

no , the expansion will kill the game..

for example , 80% will buy it , the rest no
same thing happens with D3LoD , the “fanboys” and hardcore players buy the game , the casuals didnt… fail

expansion should be free to keep the current player base playing togheter and atract new player with fresh content, instead ,
old player must pay to progress and new player must buy 2 games to play.

using in -game gems/gold to buy the expansion could be a solution .

PS : and i dont like the glide system , to much ArcheAge/Aion……
, would prefer a mount system instead.

Posted by: Kairen.4068

Kairen.4068

I may be “iffy” right now, but I might as well say “Yes”. Even though i’m still waiting to hear more details, I do love GW2, my friends, my husband and even my mother play with me more than a few hours a day every week, we do dungeons, story, random raids, whatever we feel like getting into. I’ve been way more involved with this game since the day it came out, then I ever was with WoW. I understand that right now it’s a “Hype Train” but I’ll definitely give it a few weeks because they have to at least go into detail some time in the future right?

I’m excited about some of the changes, iffy on some others, and unfortunately don’t give two skritts about PVP. (Though I do like WvW sometimes) GW2 hasn’t asked for a single penny from us since the release, so putting that on a scale with other MMOs I would say it’s worth the money to at least give it a try. Besides, I’d be sad if me and my out of state friends/family couldn’t do boss raids anymore. Our online conversations can get crazy hilarious.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I am but as I said in the other thread below this one concerning buying with gems, I won’t be able to get it unless it as store copy.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Yes.

I’ve been waiting for GW2 1st expansion for a long time. Though not what I expected in the new area still a expansion that most likely add more into GW2 that was missing since GW2 release.

Heck they are finally bring back Guild Halls and it looks even bigger than GW1 version.

Not to mention new Drone Turret Minions for Engineers.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I was always going to buy anything that offered more Guild Wars, tbh. I would have bought it without any details at all.

This expansion does offer a number of things I’ve been wanting for a while, though.

Same. I enjoy the game a lot, so my response to getting an expansion at all was pretty much “open wallet and dump contents in ANet’s hand”.

That said, there are several things in this particular expansion I’m excited about.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Of course I will buy the expansion, the minute it is released and no matter the price. I am already choosing staff skins for my ranger and hoping for a longbow guardian.

Posted by: ChristianEx.6703

ChristianEx.6703

Yes! Take my money! throws wallet at the screen

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Sure I will buy it! Shut up and take my money!

I don’t think HoT will cost more than 30$ since it is an expansion, and usually expansions don’t cost that much because it’s a product that requires the original game.

But that may be different for GW2.
Remember that both Factions and Nightfall cost 60$ at release (But I believe that was because they were stand alone games and not proper expansions as GW:EN)

Posted by: Zee The Free.1536

Zee The Free.1536

As soon as I heard expansion I said I am glad I did not develop my thief too high. I am so going to be on the early purchase bandwagon. I got GW2 CE as soon as preorders were available and I will do it again for this.

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!
The Zeke T Freak machine: zero defects.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Probably. But I’m waiting on some actual info, especially about the trait system. (Or specializations, as they may fit a similar role in my play experience)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Perhaps not at launch but I’ll absolutely be picking it up. Guild Wars 2 at launch was second to none. The first 2 months were an absolute blast, and everyone was praising the game. (Just look at August 2012 YouTube gaming videos (like Angry Joe’s for example) if you missed that.) Of course once people hit level 80 and began looking at the end-game the flaws of the game became very apparent, but the journey… oh my, that was fun! That was well worth my money. And I picked a collector’s!

Heart of Thorns looks like it’s going to bring us a plethora of level 80 zones with tons of things to explore, more story, more jumping puzzles, more weapon and armor skins, some kind of soft progression, etc… Well it looks like the party will start over again.

As they say, ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

@OP That depends on whether or not it has…

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

I will wait for online reviews, mainly a review from Angry Joe, but I intend to yes.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Hell yes I will!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I will definitely buy it even if its $50-60. i’ve played more than 2 years for a game that’s less than 100. I’m happy. I’ll gladly pay them more for years to come.

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

Given what they disclosed at PAX so far I probably will not. Here is why:

• A new region. It seems fun but I’ll probably go through it in a month or so. I can’t see paying X$ for it.
  • I don’t trust how the new mastery system will play out. I fear it will be just as bad as the current trait system.
  • A new profession. That seems cool but I doubt it will keep my interest for long. Everyone will be playing it after the expansion comes out.
  • New PvP mode. I hate PvP and that does not interest me.
  • New WvW dynamics. See PvP above.
  • Guild halls. I don’t care about guilds.
  • Guild leader boards. See above. Plus the current leader boards are already a joke.

There just isn’t enough information on how the expansion will impact the core game at this time.

^ This. So what’s going to be in it for mainly solo PvE players that’s compelling enough to pay AU$50-70 (after we no doubt get gouged here as per usual) I ask…?

Also, anyone else see the ‘resemblences’ to so many others games? e.g. SC2 “Heart of the Swarm” – is it just me or do most of the mobs look like zerg bugs with a touch of alien xenos? Gliders…ummm, Arche cough Age anyone? Will masteries just be a D3 paragon point never-end-grind ripoff? Colour me unconvinced.

And the grind for mats just to craft a legendary is beyond ridiculous for soloers, never mind the odds of getting a precursor drop. If the new collections basically double the grind effort/time, this will still be a guild-only activity & have little to no value to semi-casual, solo players.

Having said all that, I’ll prob still cave & buy it (get a key from Singapore or somewhere, eh), if only for the new class & zone. Although I’d expect a new char slot personally for the asking price, I doubt we’ll get it, eh.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Duh. And a copy for my son. And some extra character slots.