Are you pro or anti Sylvari in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I am Quaggon. If Sylvari are pro Quaggon, then Quaggon pro Sylvari.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think Glint may give us a good insight into the situation. She was also a dragon champion who, like the Pale Tree, learned about other races and decided she liked them. (Seems weird to me, having to deal with people usually makes me more inclined to wish I could kill them off…but that’s tree/dragon logic for you.)

Glint put a lot of time and effort into trying to protect other races from the dragons, even going so far as to sacrifice herself to try and kill her master. Similarly the Pale Tree put a lot of effort into trying to encourage the sylvari to be good, follow Ventari’s teachings and get along with the other races. I think the fact that one of Mordremoth’s first acts on waking up was to send another champion to try and kill her makes it pretty clear this wasn’t all part of some long-running scheme and she was working against him.

The problem is that dragon champions seem to have more freewill than the lower ranking minions. The sylvari may well have been intended to be drones not much different to the branded, icebrood or even the risen, which would make them far more susceptible to Mordremoth than the Pale Tree. But then we don’t know how much influence the Pale Tree has over them. We know she was able to choose for them to be humanoid and used the Dream to train them, but we don’t know yet if she can change their basic nature (or if the sylvari themselves can do it) or just cover it up.

But I can’t see Anet forcing all sylvari players to be evil, certainly can’t see them killing off sylvari characters and I can’t imagine they’d want to keep this story arc going indefinitely so, if only for practical reasons, my guess is that all sylvari will be ‘freed’ from Mordremoth at some point. At the latest when we kill him, maybe even before. But that is just a guess, they’ve dragged stories out for long periods before, or gone back to ‘forgotten’ arcs years later (e.g. Queen Salma in GW1 who agreed to head up the Shining Blade in a short, optional quest chain that was in Prophecies from the start, then didn’t do anything about it until GW:Beyond 5 years later).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m no carnivore, I’m vegetarian

- Sylvari cannibal-

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

To be honest, Im Pro Sylvari… and anti every one else…

Sylvari Ranger, I get the best of both worlds when it comes to peoples view… xD

If anything, if they gave us the option to assist Mordremoth…. I would do it

Posted by: Olcon.9506

Olcon.9506

My norn main shares the cultural viewpoints of his race and as such is decidedly neutral on the matter, as he believes everyone should be judged based on their individual merits, and that judging people based on things they have no control over and haven’t done is laughably stupid.

So, sylvari is friendly? All good, how’s it going tree-bro?

Sylvari frothing at the mouth and trying to stab allies? Tossed salad for dinner!

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Norns are vikings, they would be the first to burn the forest down.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Elefantos.2537

Elefantos.2537

More violets, I say, less violence

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

First pick I’ll roll sylvari, so obviously aiding in that regard. Eventually I plan to make a few of mine anti-sylvari, but my overall preference in choice? Time will tell.

Posted by: Vantooth.6347

Vantooth.6347

I’d mutch prefer trusting plants that may turn against us than charr who are against us.

You can trust no charr they’re all the titans minions, they must suffer and die!

Also, since my favorte character is my silvari necromancer who’s a priest of grenth…
Maybe I’ll get my revenant to trust them less/be against them.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I love sylvari.

And I absolutely love Trahearne.
This fear is agony. I’m never playing the expansion but I don’t know if I can deal with the story information once that’s available.
…This hurts so much.

(How cool is Mordremoth though. ;_;)

let the sky fall

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ll be pro sylvari, I’ve had nothing but good dealings with Trahearne, Laranthir of the Wild and the Pale Reavers. I’ll be glad to see them alive, and uncorrupted, in the jungle. We’ve all seen dragon minions we should know one when we see one.

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

I was anti before, the end of LS2 was just confirmation.

They are plants, I don’t trust plants. That’s why I don’t eat salad.

http://i.imgur.com/WykkrJL.jpg

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

My dream is for the Maguuma Wastes to suddenly become a PvP area where all of the Sylvari Salad People are teamed up with the non-player monsters against all of the Human, Charr, Norn and Asura players. The game would be a lot more entertaining, that’s for sure! I have toons of all races, so I’d play both sides of the battle.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I main sylvari, so this is a non-question for me…

That said, it is perfectly understandable for people to be distrustful of the sylvari given what has happened so far…

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I was thinking of making a big muscular rev char. If i were to pick between a male sylv or human, which one can be tallest in size? Their body types are a bit different yes?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: jamboburton.4367

jamboburton.4367

you don’t win friends with salad.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Sylvari is the best race... you fools, we’ll kill EVERYTHING in our way... together we shall conquer the World!!! Ahhhhhahahahwuahahah!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I’m tolerant.
Would you say that you’re anti asura because of enquest? No
Would you say you’re anti norn because of svanir? No
Would you say you’re anti charr because of Baelfire? No
Would you say you’re anti human because of Caudecus politic? No
I won’t be anti sylvari because of mordremoth. The sylvaris are the victim here.

That being said I’ll play my main first to see the storyline. Later on I’ll play a Sylvari Revenant to experience the other side of the salad bowl.

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

Meh, don’t really care either way. Things will work out as they are a playable race, meaning that they’re the good guys.

Well, for a given definition of good, given that no faction is lily white. The Sylvari were more innocent, but that is due to their youth. Well, now your innocence is shattered and we will enjoy your tears of sorrow, rage and hate.

points to the Mordrem and Mordremoth

Those chaps are there for you to take it out on. Have fun!

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.