Astralaria III

Astralaria III

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So there’s been quite a bit of talk surrounding this but we’ve yet to have any actual answer on how it works. Currently it seems like there is some absolutely outrageous timegates and material requirements (over 1000 obsidian shards for the legendary, 55+ days of timegates, crazy amounts of Aurillium (guessing it’s gonna be more than 1 Lump per Sheet) and more) however we’ve had no real confirmation on the matter.

Currently the assumption is that getting the components to create 1 single ultrahot core will allow you to create 1 single meteorite ingot and that you need 11 Meteorite Ingots total.

What’s in 11 Meteorite Ingots anyway?

• 275 Meteorite Ore
  • 550 Thermocatalytic Reagents (~8g)
  • 1100 Sheets of Aurillium (,? Lumps of Aurillium)
  • 33 Vials of Mist Essence
  • 275 Ectos (~90g)
  • 55 Charged Quartz (1,375 Quartz Crystals – ~140g)
  • 44 Deldrimor Ingots (~400g)
  • 550 Obsidian Shards (~1.15m Karma)

This is all just for collection 3. Just 3. This isn’t even touching on the expenses of collection 2, the time-gate of collection 1 or the general grind of the rest of the legendary. Obsidian Shards alone are looking at potentially 1.13k shards or over two million karma for the whole thing. This is double that of HOPE & Nevermore.

Assuming you’re buying everything you can, your minimum timegate is 55 days and that’s if you plan in advance. Fifty five days of pure pointless “Press F for Part”, 67 if you don’t realise about the quartz till later. Oh and if you want to make all your own deldrimor ingots? We’re talking months, even if you plan ahead and even then it’s still thousands upon thousands of gold and days upon days of mindless grinding.

“Stop crying about not being able to have a day 1 Legenday!!!”Ill-informed anon, 2k15

Now don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do not believe anyone should get this day 1. Timegates and high material costs can be an important mechanic to ensure things remain prestigious, however, there is an acceptable and fair extent. Requiring a legendary effort should not require a legendary wait, nor should it require literal months of grind. Many of these components to the precursor and ultimately legendary as a whole are exclusive to each other and can not be ground out at once. This results in a somewhat ridiculous amount of grinding that is out of step with all other current legendaries, with no actual sense of being “legendary”.

Having completed the majority of the legendary so far (just requiring a few clovers and Gift of Astralaria which is relatively easy to obtain) outside of collection 3 and 4, there’s been nothing legendary about it, just grind. Lots of grind and collection 3 is pretty much no different if what we believe is correct.

A legendary taking a long time is fine and even welcome, this execution is not. It’s completely the opposite of what players had in mind when we asked for “precursor crafting”.

Why post though?

Two reasons.

First, I wish to create awareness. For those who don’t yet know or understand, the new collections are already pretty nuts and they should be, but Astralaria 3 is potentially taking it not to the next level, but to the Final Boss level and then going that one step further.

Second, I want to appeal to ANet…

ANet, please confirm what is actually happening with this collection. Currently you have people like me who are worried about these Ingots. There’s no confirmation on any of this and while I understand it’s all about the surprise of finding out, we already know due to community effort and sharing knowledge on the wiki. Please let us know what’s happening. Are we right in being concerned or are our worries pointless? Are we getting worked up over nothing and the collection is in fact in-line with the others?

Edit: As a side note, I’m aware of this post but let’s be real here, that’s almost certainly a bug and probably getting fixed.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

Astralaria III

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Mhhh… this reminds me of something….

WoW => Raids => rewards with epics => to hard => people flame that they cant get epics because they are noobs => why do we pay money each month for not getting epics => raids get nerfed => raids are so easy now a brainless dog can get epics => omg!!! epic are not special anymore

Gw2 =>Collection =>reward you with legendarys => to hard => people flame that the cant get legendarys because grind/money/time => why did i pay money for hot if i cnat get my legendary in a week => Collection get nerfed =Collection are so easy now every brainless dog can get them => OMG!!! legendarys are nothing special anymore

Astralaria III

mexay.3902

Mhhh… this reminds me of something….

WoW => Raids => rewards with epics => to hard => people flame that they cant get epics because they are noobs => why do we pay money each month for not getting epics => raids get nerfed => raids are so easy now a brainless dog can get epics => omg!!! epic are not special anymore

Gw2 =>Collection =>reward you with legendarys => to hard => people flame that the cant get legendarys because grind/money/time => why did i pay money for hot if i cnat get my legendary in a week => Collection get nerfed =Collection are so easy now every brainless dog can get them => OMG!!! legendarys are nothing special anymore

Did you even read the post?

noice

Astralaria III

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

There’s “challenging” and there’s “stupid.” This falls into the latter category.

Astralaria III

Posted by: Doctor Faustus.6372

Doctor Faustus.6372

There’s “challenging” and there’s “stupid.” This falls into the latter category.

Honestly? I don’t know what they thought when making this collection. And also I don’t know what they thought when not fixing “Sheets of Aurillium” for almost 2 weeks now.

Are they sleeping in the ArenaNet headquarter? I keep thinking they are not even aware of the problem. I did already contact support about that and reported the bug 11 times now. Nothing happened.

It’d be a pleasure if we can just get any confirmation that they are working on the problem(s). But I don’t think we will get a reply here either – they just seem to ignore it

EDIT: to creator of the topic – you should probably add “BUG / Issues” to the title to make them aware of the problem. I already see a moderator moving this thread to the BUG forum where noone will ever see it.

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

(edited by Doctor Faustus.6372)

Astralaria III

mexay.3902

Honestly? I don’t know what they thought when making this collection. And also I don’t know what they thought when not fixing “Sheets of Aurillium” for almost 2 weeks now.

Are they sleeping in the ArenaNet headquarter? I keep thinking they are not even aware of the problem. I did already contact support about that and reported the bug 11 times now. Nothing happened.

It’d be a pleasure if we can just get any confirmation that they are working on the problem(s). But I don’t think we will get a reply here either – they just seem to ignore it

EDIT: to creator of the topic – you should probably add “BUG / Issues” to the title to make them aware of the problem. I already see a moderator moving this thread to the BUG forum where noone will ever see it.

Part of the collection is bugged, part of it is just potentially very very horrible.

noice

Astralaria III

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

I dont mind having to give more effort than the other 2 new legendaries. But if I understand the requirements correctly this is just ridiuolous.
If you don’t have the amount of karma, how long would it acutally take to get 2mil karma? And 11!?

Nevermore seems to have som bugged collection as well. I don’t even know how this is possible. This is part of a content released later than launch. Such small things, 3.. 3!? weapons and everything seems to have been bugged at launch.

Astralaria III

Posted by: Tomok.6780

Tomok.6780

Yes, Nevermore is bugged. You need to complete an event than nobody has seen for over half a year and another collection item is not rewarded. Pretty frustrating, since I’m currently sitting here with a finished precursor, gift of maguuma mastery and a mystic tribute plus all the materials for the gift of nevermore except the gift of the raven spirit rewarded for completing the 4th collection.

I hope that Astralaria gets fixed for you too (as far as i know the next update with potential bug fixes launches 1st of December) and eventually some changes on that time gated stuff as well.

Of course, acquiring a legendary weapon shouldn’t be easy, but 62 (!!!) days just waiting for a material you can’t buy or get anywhere else is just stupid. You need about 80 Spiritwood for Nevermore, which would be more than 2 months if you don’t buy any of it. You can make it, sure, but you also have a chance to get it quicker by just buying it.

Why not make Charged Crystals tradeable? Just like with ascended gear, materials are free to trade but the equipment itself (or other items you craft with them) are account bound. Problem solved for good.

Astralaria III

Doctor Faustus.6372

Still no confirmation if they noticed. I wonder how long it will take till we actually get a statement about that – I gave up all my hopes it’s gonna be Tuesday with patchnotes…

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Astralaria III

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m on the 3rd collection of Astralaria too but my god this is just a nightmare… the amount of time-gated things and items to collect never seems to end – I don’t think H.O.P.E. and Nevermore requires even half the amount of things that Astralaria does.

Right now it feels like one big grind, rather than a ‘journey’. It also seems more of a ‘get this to make that to make this to make that’ thing. Sort of like item INCEPTION. An item within an item within an item.

Collection 1 was more of a time-gate issue (Zinn’s Study Guide). Collection 2 was more of a money sink, and Collection 3 is a lot of boss killing and time-gated mats like Charged Quartz and Meteorite Ore (there are only so many orichalcum ore nodes that can be mined in a day). I hate to think what Collection 4 is going to be like.

Edit: Oh and one of the requirements of Collection 3? Kill Chak Gerent. Yeah, good luck with that. I’ve been playing HoT since day 1 and still haven’t found a LFG for it that has won it. I know there are guilds that have, but I just haven’t been lucky enough to be in a map that has succeeded. (source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Line_Bezoar)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Astralaria III

Doctor Faustus.6372

Two things. What exactly is expensive in tier 3? I am in tier 3 too, got everything but the Aurillium thing completed and it was not expensive by all means…

And Chak Gerent is quite easy – Join a Guild that does worldbosses or go to some community teamspeak…

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Astralaria III

Zaoda.1653

Two things. What exactly is expensive in tier 3? I am in tier 3 too, got everything but the Aurillium thing completed and it was not expensive by all means…

And Chak Gerent is quite easy – Join a Guild that does worldbosses or go to some community teamspeak…

Sorry I was thinking of the all the costs from Collection 2 but seeing how many things needed to be done in Collection 3 I got mixed up. Collection 3 isn’t very costly at all, just more traveling and time-gated stuff (charged quartz, and only so many orichalcum nodes available for the meteorite ores). I’ll edit my post.

As for Chak Gerent, I’ve tried finding guilds that will do Chak but don’t know 1) which guilds are doing it, 2) if they’ll allow non-guild-members to attempt Chak with them, and 3) when they’re doing it, as i’m usually a different time zone than most players.

Edit: And is it just me or does some of the items needed just not make ANY sense as to what it would be used for in making Astralaria?

I could understand clockwork mechanisms and watchwork sprockets being required (haven’t heard of any collection from Astralaria that requires them though), and I can understand things like meteorite ore (because, well, space and all that…), but what’s searching chests in dry top (Primeval Runescroll) have anything to do with a space-like, time/mechanism themed legendary? Or obtaining 1000 bandit crests? Or going to the Chamber of Ministers in Divinity’s Reach and entering on the keyboard “/ponder”? I know the whole mechanism/globe things above Divinity’s Reach makes perfect sense with Astralaria, but simply going to one spot and using an emote just seems a bit effortless and meaningless. It would have been cooler to have some sort of jumping puzzle in Divinity’s Reach that leads you up to that area with the globes, but at the same time, gives you an amazing view of the stars. I don’t know, just my 2 cents.

I think it would be cooler if we had to do some sort of constellation mapping, and visit various areas around the world and get the right angle or picture to progress. I don’t know, it just seems very odd. Rushed, even.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Astralaria III

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

you know i really wonder why they dont hotfix such things like the sheet of aurilium, dont they care enough that alot of players are stuck at that collection right now ? i have seen alot of hotfixes for pvp related stuff , seldom for pve. Its like pve players can wait a week or two until they continue their stuff, its not that important as pvp.

Lets hope and pray that they will fix it tomorrow, if they dont then we have to wait another 2 weeks for the possible fix.

Astralaria III

Posted by: Zaseka.7182

Zaseka.7182

There is no way the 11 ingots were intended, probably just added an extra zero somewhere by mistake. In the current state it, in no way, compares to the other two legendary collections. I really, really hope they fix this with tomorrow’s patch…what a disaster.

Astralaria III

mexay.3902

There is no way the 11 ingots were intended, probably just added an extra zero somewhere by mistake. In the current state it, in no way, compares to the other two legendary collections. I really, really hope they fix this with tomorrow’s patch…what a disaster.

I’m seriously hoping this is the case, or that we have an alternate method of obtaining these other than crafting. I’m just looking at the Meteorite Ore alone and it’s feeling like a grind. 275? No thanks.

Ore seems completely RNG as well. I’ve farmed several nodes and gotten nothing on quite a few. Really not gonna be happy about it if I have to farm 275 and it’s even more RNG.

noice

Astralaria III

Posted by: MissMajor.8290

MissMajor.8290

I am worried as well about the Meteorite Ingots. I didn’t expect to have this legendary day 1, but I definitely didn’t expect it to take months just for The Mechanism. I had saved thousands of gold and mats before HoT launch to be ready for when I was going to be able to craft this. Yes I could have prepared better and charged Quartz daily, but the thought honestly didn’t occur to me. Meteorite Ingots will be the only thing holding me back from creating Astralaria, I have everything else done. Would like to hear some feedback from some Devs about this maybe, or see some hopeful news in the patch notes tomorrow.

| WvW Junkie | Screenshot Enthusiast |
[Mada][KEK] | Maguuma

Astralaria III

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

From what i’ve seen, the precursor is the main obstacle in the completion of the new legendaries. The other parts are pretty much easy (100 T6 mats, 250 T5 for gifts) so I’m guessing this is why the precursor crafting is costly.

Someone did the maths on Nevermore ; it cost him ~2.4kg I think. Which is significantly lower than most two handed weapons.

The only thing I feel sorry for you are the Energy Crystals requirements that just stop your progression. At least for me with bolt I knew I’d be done with it in 10 days.

Astralaria III

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Everything on your list is easily gathered luckily. Sure it’s time consuming, but that is 100% the point.

If you want the item fast, you will pay 100s of gold. If you are OK getting the item over a long period of time while you do other things in game, then you will get it for very little out of pocket.

It’s up to you. Anet has given you options.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Astralaria III

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Someone did the maths on Nevermore ; it cost him ~2.4kg I think. Which is significantly lower than most two handed weapons.

It is the most expensive at the moment (excl. Eternity) if you look at the crafting costs.

Just wanted to point that out. :P

Astralaria III

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Put like that seems outrageous, but there’s so many ways to get the shards, almost any currency but gold can get you them

the rest of mats are gold mostly, but seen the current legendaries for 2K and up, kinda puts them on a close level… not saying by any means they are easy to get.. I will probably never wield one in my life.. just saying it’s not as impossible as it seems for those that can get legendaries. Time gating is a bit annoying tho but meh..

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Astralaria III

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

See dude you are making a legendary weapon from this precursor, it should be insane ,extremely expensive, highly timegated , skilled based(yes if you hate jps and meta events l2p or get a mesmer friend for the Jps of-course :P) and very grindy

This makes it even more valuable in the end
The best thing about it is you can’t buy it, yeah the mats as well as the weapon itself from the TP nor the collections items (Account bound)

By the end of it your banks tabs should be empty with only a few silvers in your wallet

Astralaria III

Posted by: Torture.9156

Torture.9156

Guys you can buy every collection item (i.e. Fire Imbued Heart) from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs for ~ 1000 karma when you don’t carry one in your inventory.

You might want to check the wiki page about Hobbs, section “Recovered Items”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grandmaster_Craftsman_Hobbs#vendor185

So this reduces mexay’s costs calculation massively by around 90%.

Astralaria III

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

Guys you can buy every collection item (i.e. Fire Imbued Heart) from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs for ~ 1000 karma when you don’t carry one in your inventory.

is this true? can anyone confirm that once our initial Vial of Heat is created we can just buy the 10 more needed with Karma? and this wouldn’t be a mistake by anet or some sort of exploit? I never looked at it this way and Torture may really be onto something! thanks Torture!

Astralaria III

mexay.3902

Everything on your list is easily gathered luckily. Sure it’s time consuming, but that is 100% the point.

If you want the item fast, you will pay 100s of gold. If you are OK getting the item over a long period of time while you do other things in game, then you will get it for very little out of pocket.

It’s up to you. Anet has given you options.

I don’t think you understand. You can’t get 1.1k Obby Shards quickly. You can’t get Charged Quartz quickly (okay you can but it requires literally thousands upon thousands of trick-or-treat bags which is crazy expensive)

Put like that seems outrageous, but there’s so many ways to get the shards, almost any currency but gold can get you them

Put like that I haven’t included the 250 you need for your Crystalline Ingots, the ~231 you need for your Mystic Clovers assuming you forge them or the 100 you need for collection 2. 1131 Obsidian Shards, assuming the following is actually a bug (not sure if it is, glad I got my 11 early).

This is true and it’s how I avoided getting it all 10 more times. I did link to it in the main post but you probably didn’t check that.

You can avoid my costs by going to Hobbs, HOWEVER I’m pretty sure that’s a bug. If not, I’m seriously hoping you can get Ingots that way cause gathering 275 of those things is starting to get annoying.

noice

Astralaria III

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

btw the rest of the ingots must be purchased somewhere after you make the first as you can never get another ultrahot sphere

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

Astralaria III

mexay.3902

btw the rest of the ingots must be purchased somewhere after you make the first as you can never get another ultrahot sphere

How so?

noice

Astralaria III

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The Megadestroyer’s chest in doesn’t fill my Quartz Vial……

Its frustrating enough to have to grind out the materials (exploring and combat is a journey – farming is not) but the bugs are really, really getting out of hand.

SBI

Astralaria III

Zaoda.1653

Right now, while waiting for the blue moon that is the fix for the sheets of aurillium, I’m working on getting the 3 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence required for making one of the final components in the 3rd collection, however, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong here, you need 11 meteorite ingots – which I think may require the Mists Imbued Jar that needs 3 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence to make, so wouldn’t that technically mean you need not just 1 jar, but 11 more jars?, so 36 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence in total???

Please tell me I’m wrong.

The 275 Meteorite Ore is do-able. I’m up to around 100 ores by just having my alts camped at the orichalcum node in Southsun Cove, but it’s the vials of condensed mists essence that is just near-impossible to get, considering it’s all RNG based. If they were buyable for, say, 200 fractal relics, then at least it wouldn’t be such a nightmare. But right now, I don’t think I have the patience to solo farm mobs in fractals for months on end, if not years.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Astralaria III

Zaoda.1653

How so?

Ah. I didn’t think of that. Forgot you could only get the item once in a collection. That’s interesting then. Maybe we can purchase the Mists imbued jars (and the various other components required to collect items from bosses to make more ingots), from the legendary npc vendors in Lions Arch after we’ve made 1 ingot? I’m hoping that’s the case.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Astralaria III

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

seems like the time gating is much worse on the axe than either the staff or pistol. People have the staff and pistol now, but nobody has the axe.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Astralaria III

Zaoda.1653

seems like the time gating is much worse on the axe than either the staff or pistol. People have the staff and pistol now, but nobody has the axe.

Yeah Anet hasn’t fixed the issue yet where people can buy sheets of aurillium, required for one of the items in collection III, until then, we’re all waiting to progress :-/

Astralaria III

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Here’s a post about this situation. Please read all posts in the thread, as there’s news about the ingots, about the Aurillium, and about the numbers required.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet