BETA weekend achievements [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I am wondering if Beta weekends have achievements that we can only unlock during the Beta. Thank you, if anyone knows!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

Heya Everyone ..
i dont know about u but i would like to see tones of new Achievs added to HOT .
for me personaly i like to see what i have done ingame somewhere , and i always try to get all achievs i can .
Lets discuss this , let me know what u guys think .

Joe

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It is a sure bet that tons of new achievements will be added with HoT.
Anet need to add stuff for players to be able to get the full hellfire/radiance sets, currently there aren’t enough AP to get them, even if you also have the impossible APs from WvW and capped the daily and monthly APs.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I don’t preorder anything without a release date it’s as simple as that really

I don’t mind the title or even the beta weekend events as eventually I will pre-order given they give out the release date for HoT and I’ll get the title then and get to try out the elites after launch.

However with this recent update we all have another achievement tab the Beta Weekend tab has been added to our achievement list.

Not sure how to feel about that though and wondering what the communities take is should we all be punished with less AP points than beta testers for not preordering a game we still know so very little about?

Mind you its about 4-5 achievements each worth a point each and might even get expanded on in the future to include more.

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

I am able to get them but don’t like the idea of permanently missable achievements (I’m hoping the living world season 1 stuff will come back when they release that). These beta achievements may just be for testing the HoT achievement system though, since beta characters are on a “cloned” account anyway.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Its a nice little extra reward for those who have purchased early and shown a little bit higher level of faith and commitment to the testing is all. if its only 4-5 points, It shouldnt be anything noticeable at all. you can run 12 games of sanctum sprint or any other achievement similar to get that. hell thats not even half a daily for spending several weekends testing or what have you. Much less 1-2 hours for 10 daily AP’s.

TLDR; I wouldnt worry about it its only 5 points…..

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

It’s not the amount of points but rather the principle and I’m sure we will get more beta weekends and more places to explore. If we had beta achieves for an area yet to be explored or killing an enemy yet to be revealed for instance that would be a spoiler. So I fully expect there to be many more to come.

Cloned account is also true for instance the beta character slots only showed up for those characters in beta however I haven’t preordered and I can see the achievements. What will bother me is if they are indeed like season 1 and will remain unobtainable for the remainder of the game for me and future players.

Hopefully they are simply for testing though with more beta weekends to come and new things to beta test there will like I’ve stated be more achieves and there might even be a meta as a result with a meta reward. Though I may be getting ahead of myself in that regard.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Meh its a little reward for beta testing, they want to see if X works so want as many people to do X as possible this is a pretty good way to nudge people to do it. Its only a handful of AP – less than 1 day of dailies.

I understand the dilemma of putting in AP that not everyone has access to go for but its an efficient way to funnel people into testing what they want tested.

(edited by Coulter.2315)

Posted by: oozetan.7415

oozetan.7415

Seems like those achievements are only achievable with Beta toons, last betas/stresstests did not save progression on those toons for your account.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

It is quite likely those achievements will not be migrated over to your main account once the betas are over.

It seems more plausible that this is their way of introducing temporary mastery points for the duration of the beta in an easy and a bit clever way. That, or it is simply a test to try some new kind of way to grant achievements, or tie mastery points to achievements, based on very specific event objectives.

We know achievements are changing come HoT… or then it could simply be that they can use these achievements to pull some data about the beta weekend more easily through them.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Hope Anet will clarify if they will carry over to non beta characters

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

“Rewarding” someone is not the same as “punishing” others.

Anet: Do you want to participate in the rehearsal?
PlayerA: No thanks, I’ll wait for the premiere.
Anet: Ok, see you later then.

PlayerB: Yes, I’ll do it.
Anet: Yay, thank you! Here, have some cookies.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hope Anet will clarify if they will carry over to non beta characters

They don’t need to specifically as they’ve stated several times that all progress made on beta characters are not saved. Beta characters only use a copy of your account at soecfic time.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

“Rewarding” someone is not the same as “punishing” others.

PlayerA: No thanks, I’ll wait for the premiere.
Anet: Ok, see you later then.

PlayerB: Yes, I’ll do it.
Anet: Yay, thank you! Here, have some cookies.

…That’ll be £30 thanks.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s entirely up to ArenaNet if they are saved or not. Not everything is simply reset; they have control over it.

Considering they didn’t simply make these achievements worth 0 points, they probably will stick. It’s just another reason to participate. However, since they do reward mastery points, that part will definitely be reset, so they may simply reset it all.

Personally, I’d rather see it saved simply for the I was there under the account’s history, like all the other lost achievements. Don’t care if it’s even worth anything.

Not sure how to feel about that though and wondering what the communities take is should we all be punished with less AP points than beta testers for not preordering a game we still know so very little about?

Why not? All new players are heavily punished by the loss of all the temporary achievements. They’re never coming back.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

its clear that alot of new Achievements will be added with HoT.

But I hope, that anet doesn#t forget also the rest of the game and that there is still tons of unused potential to improve also tons of the Vanilla Game Achievements and also to expand them..

Just some points to show you, how much unused potential there is still:

• Bringing back Season 1 of the Livign Story and adding alot of Achievements for all of the Season 1 Living World Segments
  • Redesigning the World Bosses and giving all of the major World Bosses like Tequatl and the Tri-Wurm their own unique Special Rewards and Achievements, integratign the old Boss Achievements into that, so that the old Boss Achievement Section can be redesigned/removed
  • Adding more Tiers to existing Achievements, that are way too easy finishable, like fir example the Kill Achievements or the Weapon Achievements
  • Theres alot of potential also for more Weapon/Monster Kill Achievements for alot of missing Weapon Types and Monster Species
  • Alot of missing Achievements for alot of missing Minigames, like Polymok , Bar Brawls, Target Shooting and so on
  • Fractals of the Mist has always still alot of potential for more Achievements, be it simply through addign new Fractals, through addign new fractal Gameplay Elements/Modes/Featuresy or sinmply expanding the difficulty
  • Dungeons has alot of unused potential, if ANet gets finally to the point of dedesignign more of the Dungeons or finalyl adding also new Dungeons, when you think just about all the old GW1 dungeons that should find back to the game to be explorable as different Dungeon Types, not just only Story Dungeons, but also Raid Dungeons, Dungeon Crawlers ect.
  • Guild Missions is a completely ignored gameplay feature, that has no achievements yet …
  • Theres tons of REGION Achievements for tons of maps missing, which should all have their own unique Region Achievements…
  • With Hiot we will most likely see alot new achievements in the section of the personal Story, because Hot is practically the next Personal Story Step mixed practically with Season 3 of the Livign World together
  • Adventures is as a new feature a great way for many new achievments.
  • Masteries is another new section that could provide alot of new achievements with HoT
  • Stronghold will surely also receive its own achievements with HoT
  • SPvP will/can receive a huge amount of new achievements just due to the addition f the Revenant and all of the Elite Specialitations that will follow for all classes…
  • Theres still the missing achievemets for jewelry and Chef 500
  • WvW will constantly see now achievements through new Tournaments and hopefully see somewhen soon also a general fix to all of its old achievements, so that they stop beign silly unreachable place holders
  • Plus with the new Desert Map we will surely see also for that new map alot of new achievements
  • With the living world constantly going forward we iwl lsee there also constantly new achievements
  • if we ever get to see new explorable continents, liek Cantha,7Elona again, theres a huge amount of possible explorer achievements waiting on for all for all the new explorable areas and also for the existign ones could be added new tiears, due to the growing total amount of explorable areas in Tyria
  • Legendary items is a section, that will surely also see in the future alot more achievements, when anet wil ladd legendary back items, armors, accessoires someday
  • Fashion is a thing, that has also alot of unused potential for achievements in regard of Outfits, Dyes, Finishers, Skill Skins… and could also be easily expanded with alot more racial based fashion items
  • Collections is somethign that has also still alot of unused potential for many many more achievements

and we wll and should see alot of improvements for achievements and expansions for the existign ones, so that the game will provide us enough AP for the next 3+ years to gome, so that we can reach around like 50-55k AP, because otherwise people won’t be able to earn the next second tier of Achievement Poit Weapon Skins and the next set of two Achiement Point Armor Sets

just look at this, for now, Anet has planned ahead for rewards until 60000 AP
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

The current hightst AP player just has likely nearly 28k right now, and with that amount we have pretty much done absolutely everythign right now, what the game provides, maxed out daily Ap limit ect…

So the game is imo in a dire need very soo to provide a huge load of new achievements to keep us players busy enough for the next years, so that we can even reach this planned ahead current goal cap of 60000AP ….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

I found this article on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ickp9/new_beta_achievements/) that states there will be AP for the beta weekend. Now my concern is that will these points add onto your account or will they just be in the beta and become useless afterwards.

I am an avid AP chaser and i would like to know if this is the case since I haven’t bought the expansion yet. Anyone have any idea??

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m hoping that HoT adds something like 30k AP’s so we can actually reach some of the rewards they added. I’d love to finish my hellfire set!

Kyban.4031

It’s entirely up to ArenaNet if they are saved or not. Not everything is simply reset; they have control over it.

They don’t make decisions in a vacuum though, they want to make decisions that players will appreciate.

Considering they didn’t simply make these achievements worth 0 points, they probably will stick. It’s just another reason to participate. However, since they do reward mastery points, that part will definitely be reset, so they may simply reset it all.

Personally, I’d rather see it saved simply for the I was there under the account’s history, like all the other lost achievements. Don’t care if it’s even worth anything.

Just because their not 0 doesn’t mean they’ll stick, we don’t even know if they have a system in place to carry them over between the beta and normal accounts. I’ve never put much stock in the “I was there” stuff, as long as you experience the content.

Why not? All new players are heavily punished by the loss of all the temporary achievements. They’re never coming back.

Huh? Who says their never coming back, a lot of the holiday achievements come back and we may get another shot at the LW season 1 achievements when they release that content again.

Personally, I hope that all historical achievements are available again, no matter how many points their worth. I’m kind of a completion and love the idea that I will eventually be able to get all of the achievements (probably 3 years after GW3 is released :P). The only achievements that aren’t coming back for sure are the retired ones, which should not count toward the total if they decide to leave them in at all.

Ayrilana.1396

Likely beta only to track the progress of achievements.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I found this article on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ickp9/new_beta_achievements/) that states there will be AP for the beta weekend. Now my concern is that will these points add onto your account or will they just be in the beta and become useless afterwards.

I am an avid AP chaser and i would like to know if this is the case since I haven’t bought the expansion yet. Anyone have any idea??

What would be the point of them if they didn’t go towards your main account? that would be a massive waste of time imo.

I suspect they are an incentive to get people to test specific content. Think of them as early unlocked HoT achievements.

Ayrilana.1396

What would be the point of them if they didn’t go towards your main account? that would be a massive waste of time imo.

I suspect they are an incentive to get people to test specific content. Think of them as early unlocked HoT achievements.

How many of the previous living story achievements been broken in some way at some point in time? This could be a means to test various ways they could do achievements to make sure they work correctly.

ZudetGambeous.9573

How many of the previous living story achievements been broken in some way at some point in time? This could be a means to test various ways they could do achievements to make sure they work correctly.

Possibly, but unlikely. The first problem with that is that you trivialize the achievements and remove incentives to fix things by adding them early. If there is a really hard achievement that someone finds a loophole to in the beta they will use the loophole and keep it to themselves so they can profit off of it once it goes live.

Secondly there would be no reason to call them beta weekend achievements if they were actual HoT achievements that didn’t transfer, they’d just call them whatever they were going to call them.

Kyban.4031

There’s been some discussion on another thread as well: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Pre-order-achieve-tab/first#post5414988

Still no word from ANet though

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’m hoping that HoT adds something like 30k AP’s so we can actually reach some of the rewards they added. I’d love to finish my hellfire set!

To finish Hellfire / Radiant set you need 30k APs.
The current APs are as follows:
7k at release, 15k daily cap, 7k with content, total ~29k.
Basically they need to add 1k to make full AP sets available. I guess they will add ~7k, similar to how many we got at release and how many were added in the last 3 years.

Ayrilana.1396

Possibly, but unlikely. The first problem with that is that you trivialize the achievements and remove incentives to fix things by adding them early. If there is a really hard achievement that someone finds a loophole to in the beta they will use the loophole and keep it to themselves so they can profit off of it once it goes live.

Secondly there would be no reason to call them beta weekend achievements if they were actual HoT achievements that didn’t transfer, they’d just call them whatever they were going to call them.

Much more likely than awarding players AP to their main accounts.

They have achievements that are progressed through various methods. They then test this in the HoT environment with players. These achievements may or may not appear in the final version as they could just be placeholders or those specrically designed for the beta itself.

ZudetGambeous.9573

To finish Hellfire / Radiant set you need 30k APs.
The current APs are as follows:
7k at release, 15k daily cap, 7k with content, total ~29k.
Basically they need to add 1k to make full AP sets available. I guess they will add ~7k, similar to how many we got at release and how many were added in the last 3 years.

Of those 14k, only about 11k are reasonably achieved. at 10 points a day, 15k from daily will take 1500 days or 4 full years. That isn’t too bad for a max but still it means the average player will probably only see a max of 26k even after years of playing. I have personally put in almost 3000 hours and am “only” at 16,600 AP’s, only half way to the full set.

Additionally about 5k of the content AP’s are not accessible anymore, and the cap is at 60k meaning there is about 40k worth of AP rewards that are not accessible to most players.

That’s why I think they will add more like 30k AP’s in HoT rather than 7k. Though granted a good chunk of those may be through future LS releases and not right at launch.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

they arent punishing anyone, get that out of your mind right now… If it does stick, its a reward for those that had the utmost faith in the game/company and were rewarded with it by 5 kitten points…. there is no principle arguement here… you either pay early and participate, or you dont and miss out on 5 kitten achievement points. its no different then getting the 4000 gems, mini, and host of other assortments the pre payers got.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

wow,missing few APs is apparently a first world problem…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just checking but we are talking about people who are so intensely committed to this game that they care about 5 AP over the lifespan of their play… but who won’t just pre-order the expansion for a game that gives them something to focus on so intently?

Because not having the expansion come launch day is going to put you a lot farther behind than 5 points…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

i dont mind,i think.. but the thing is , what if they start doing that in every beta weekend from now , so from 3-4 weekends you get maybe 20-30 AP, for achivment hunters that have done every possible achivment that amount could mean a few ranks up or down on the list

idk i just dont like it, until now i could get every achivment if i wanted (not like i did every one, im lazy), now i have to spend money for it ?…meh

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

i dont mind,i think.. but the thing is , what if they start doing that in every beta weekend from now , so from 3-4 weekends you get maybe 20-30 AP, for achivment hunters that have done every possible achivment that amount could mean a few ranks up or down on the list

idk i just dont like it, until now i could get every achivment if i wanted (not like i did every one, im lazy), now i have to spend money for it ?…meh

You had to buy the game in the first place to get the achieves you have now and you’ll have to buy the expansion to get the achieves that are in it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

ZudetGambeous.9573

Good news, anyone can get these AP’s!

All you need to do is hit the “my account” button at the top of this page and follow the instructions for preordering HoT! once you complete this process you will have access to all the HoT AP’s, not just these beta weekend ones!

Even better is that this will be cheaper than buying all the BL skins which also cost money and reward AP’s!

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

eh, it incentivises people to test all parts of the beta.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

People, this is an incentive. Companies do it all the time. Now you have even more “motivation” to pre-purchase (if you’re an AP hound).

This is no different than when they changed the AP system to actually have tangible rewards like the Hellfire and Radiant skins. It was an incentive for people to do more achievements.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ayrilana.1396

Is there any evidence, whatsoever, that these achievements will be applied to your existing account rather than only the beta account despite Anet having stated several times that progression on beta characters will not be saved?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there any evidence, whatsoever, that these achievements will be applied to your existing account rather than only the beta account despite Anet having stated several times that progression on beta characters will not be saved?

The AP’s appear in the main game, and award AP’s which have 0 purpose for beta characters. I suppose the devs could just be wasting their time, but that’s all they would be doing.

Ayrilana.1396

The AP’s appear in the main game, and award AP’s which have 0 purpose for beta characters. I suppose the devs could just be wasting their time, but that’s all they would be doing.

And the elite specializations appeared the same way to although it was limited to the notification at the top of the screen. Maybe they’re, you know, testing how achievements are progressed in HoT as they haven’t had a pristine track record with them from previous living stories.

They could also be testing the new extended task list for achievements such as what I just attached. Or it’s up there as a checklist so we experience all of the events in the BWE2.

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe it’s testing the Mastery system since the achievements award Mastery Points. /shrug

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

sadly the blogpost (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-second-beta-weekend-event-begins-september-4/) mentions nothing about it, so we still dont know how it will work

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

still no official word for this?

Posted by: Strach.1572

Strach.1572

Do we will keep em thoes points, i mean do they will be on my main account if i do em?

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

No one knows.

And you might want to edit the title

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

No one know if they are
A) A way of simply testing new achievements or adding direction for people to test that will be reset and available to all after launch
Or
B) Achievements that are a tiny (really, from what I hear its 5AP, half a daily) thank you to beta players that will be the only thing kept from the beta.

My money is on A, but I see nothing wrong with B if that’s what they went with.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

No one know if they are
A) A way of simply testing new achievements or adding direction for people to test that will be reset and available to all after launch
Or
B) Achievements that are a tiny (really, from what I hear its 5AP, half a daily) thank you to beta players that will be the only thing kept from the beta.

My money is on A, but I see nothing wrong with B if that’s what they went with.

I bet on A too, but I hope B. It would be a nice incentive to play beta again to people who have already unlocked most of it.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I feel like it’s just a way to test being rewarded with mastery points. Though I wish we could hold onto them as a memento or trophy. I’ve really enjoyed the betas. ^.^

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Dailies are also “permanently missable achievements” if your gripe is missing out on achievement points. So are event achievements.

Luckily, the way achievement points are designed there’s never really a cap on accruing them, just a delay. There will always always be a way to get more achievement points.

The achievement points granted by these new achievements are not more impactful than the extra nonsense you get with the shiny editions in stead of the base edition.

You people will complain about literally anything, no matter how insignificant.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

I’m pretty sure that we don’t get to keep these achievements. In the previous BWE you could complete the daily achievements on a beta character but that didn’t transfer to the live account.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

And the elite specializations appeared the same way to although it was limited to the notification at the top of the screen. Maybe they’re, you know, testing how achievements are progressed in HoT as they haven’t had a pristine track record with them from previous living stories.

They could also be testing the new extended task list for achievements such as what I just attached. Or it’s up there as a checklist so we experience all of the events in the BWE2.

Yeah to me that looks entirely like something put together to lead players through events they want tested, not really something I’d expect to see in live.
Even the name, Guide to the Perplexed, sounds like its intended to give direction to players who don’t really know what to do beyond fiddle with a few elite specs.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have no trouble at all with people earning achievement points for playing the beta. Many games have rewarded beta players with gifts. Often things that are unique.

Obviously, the gift itself should be inline with the effort. If you would get e.g. 2000 AP’s., that would be very out of balance. But e.g. 200 AP’s won’t make a difference. Yes you miss out on something, but there will be plenty of opportunity’s to get AP’s in other ways.

As in this case, I even doubt it really is a reward people keep. it looks more like a way of testing some achievements they plan to put into HoT anyways or to help people to test certain elements.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!