Beta Feedback on Day-Night Cycle/Revenant/ETC

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

I hope this is the place to put beta feedback. If it’s not, someone direct me to the right place plz. Either way, here I go.

Day-Night cycle: I really enjoy the day cycle, it feels like we’re breaking our way into the jungle. My only fear is that it will be repetitive and boring to break into the jungle the same way with the same dialogue every day.

In regards to the night cycle, I find it really boring. I didn’t feel like the minions were holding us down and assaulting us. When it went to night, it just felt like we switched to different zergy dynamic events. The AI just charged us, nothing clever. It was just don’t let them into the blue ring. There was no real incentive to defend the outposts like there is in the Silverwastes. My hopes are this is just because it’s the beta. We have no access to rewards or things like that. Basically, night was a zerg-like situation on all sides and our only goal was to burn down the enemy. I want it to feel dangerous, scary, and I want to have the feeling that if we don’t stick together and defend these outposts we’re going to die horribly. If we venture out(ie to get a soldier, scavenge, scout, etc.), it will be a challenge. What would really be cool if at night, when we scout out, the minions won’t be our only enemy. We would have to fear the jungle too. Maybe paths would be blocked off dynamically, plants eat people if you get too close, floors fall out below us ( I can only dream).

Revenant: Okay. Now I have spent the beta playing a condi revenant with a mace/axe and the Shiro/Malyk champions. Running that, it just felt boring. It didn’t think I held any weight on the battlefield. And by weight, I mean knockbacks, knockdowns, etc. I didn’t feel like I had any crowd control or the ability to do anything but spit out damage. Also, I was never able to use all the utilities I had available in a fight. With the resources available, I could only use one, sometimes two of my utilities. There was always a couple I left out of a fight because I didn’t have any resources to use it. Maybe this is the way it’s suppose to be, I just don’t like it.The only time I didn’t feel that I was invisible was when I switched to hammer. I really enjoyed hammer.

Gliding: Great. I love the way it feels, and I was always really excited to use it.

Maps: So much detail. I also really felt I was able to interact with the environment and had the urge to explore more it. This wasn’t in the sense of just walking around to sight-see, but actually glide through nooks and crannies, tear down walls, climb, jump etc. You guys nailed it.

Derisan

(edited by THExMUFFINxMANx.1204)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

-Only staff on revenant is at good spot.
-Sword off-hand is boring.
-Sword/axe combo makes 2 skills chill fells redundant.
-mace is nice (maybe better condis? or traits for more condis? better condies?)
-Hammer is slow and low damage.
-weapons costs energy, just add cool down and make only right side of skill bar costs energy. When i use my utilities with other chars i can still use weapons skills. Revenant uses elite and is forced to use auto-attack afterwards. Feels luck luster
-Better choices on rev traits would be cool too ;0