Black Feather Glider

Black Feather Glider

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

Still haven’t been able to get this by speaking to a scout while wearing the backpack. Any1 know why?

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

when I went for the wings the first time I grabbed the white ones first and couldn’t get the black ones after that, I swapped to another character and was able to get them. Can’t remember if I needed to do the story part first or not.

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

when I went for the wings the first time I grabbed the white ones first and couldn’t get the black ones after that, I swapped to another character and was able to get them. Can’t remember if I needed to do the story part first or not.

Yes. You need to start the HoT personal story. When you get to Verdink Brink you’ll need to talk to the scout to advance the story. After that you can talk to him again and he should see you have the wings equipped and give you a glider skin in your inventory.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I remember when HoT launched people who were already wearing the wings often needed to unequip and re-equip them.

Black Feather Glider

Akachi.1352

Tried unequipping them and equipping again and it made no difference. I’m on the story step Prisoners of the Dragon. I’m asking the scout at the Itzel Village in VB while the map is at T4 and the Itzel are at “full strength” i.e. all outpost events are completed.

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Tried unequipping them and equipping again and it made no difference. I’m on the story step Prisoners of the Dragon. I’m asking the scout at the Itzel Village in VB while the map is at T4 and the Itzel are at “full strength” i.e. all outpost events are completed.

Wrong scout.

Talk to the one where you first enter VB.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You need the actual wings I believe, and not a wardrobed version.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Black Feather Glider

Akachi.1352

Well that’s BS I dont remember which character has them and they have probably been long overwritten

Wrong scout.

ok ty

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unless those wings were handled differently from every other back item that is literally impossible if you have to be wearing at the same time as well.

Black Feather Glider

Akachi.1352

Wrong scout.

thank you, that one worked.

/thread

Black Feather Glider

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Unless those wings were handled differently from every other back item that is literally impossible if you have to be wearing at the same time as well.

Well this post reminded me to do my wings, I was wearing white ones but it gave me black feather glider…

Apparently I transmuted my black ones to be white and my white ones to be black, so I’m positive you need the actual one (if you own both anyway).

Edit: Added a screenshot incase it’s a bug and Anet wants to see.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)