Central Tyria Mastery Points more ways please

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jpgsggk.4753

jpgsggk.4753

Please give us more ways to get mastery point in central tyria. I seldom run fractal and i m not good in jp and ap. Thanks.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Sooo what do you suggest if you don’t want to do fractals, jumping puzzles and don’t like to do achievement point tasks?

Posted by: jpgsggk.4753

jpgsggk.4753

Is up to anet to decide

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

When HoT came out I ended up with about 30 Central Tyria mastery points right away and I rarely run Fractals, I hate jumping puzzles, and I don’t grind AP. The points are already there.

Posted by: robbeprinsie.8091

robbeprinsie.8091

If you seldom do fractals then don’t invest in the fractal mastery line and you’ll save a lot of mastery points.

Though I agree there should be more ways of earning them instead of achievement points only. Some ideas:

They could make nodes that go with a challenge or capping keeps in wvw or make them part of pvp tracks (pvp-only players can then get their legendary mastery line without being forced to do pve associated achievements)

EDIT: or even adding a mastery point to daily completion so you’re able to obtain an extra mastery point every day

(edited by robbeprinsie.8091)

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Making them a daily reward or part of reward tracks would go against their philosophy of making mastery points a finite resource.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I am sitting on a healthy 27 (have only spent one since HoT).

I looked through my achievements the other day and it looks like a sizable chunk of them are from the Hero tab. You get one from each story step achievement from the look of it. So say you’ve never played an Asura… you can go create one and play their story stuff up to level 30. That’ll give you 3 points in total if I’m not misreading my achievements. You don’t need huge amount of characters slots either… once you have level 30 story complete, you can delete the character and start over the process for another race.

If you do that for each race you haven’t played, that’s quite a few points for relatively low effort. Looks like you also get one for fully joining each of the Priory, Vigil, and Whispers.

I’m not sure where the rest of mine came from tbh.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I am sitting on a healthy 27 (have only spent one since HoT).

I looked through my achievements the other day and it looks like a sizable chunk of them are from the Hero tab. You get one from each story step achievement from the look of it. So say you’ve never played an Asura… you can go create one and play their story stuff up to level 30. That’ll give you 3 points in total if I’m not misreading my achievements. You don’t need huge amount of characters slots either… once you have level 30 story complete, you can delete the character and start over the process for another race.

If you do that for each race you haven’t played, that’s quite a few points for relatively low effort. Looks like you also get one for fully joining each of the Priory, Vigil, and Whispers.

I’m not sure where the rest of mine came from tbh.

This is great advice considering you also get a BL key at the completion on lvl 10 story.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

There is not only one Mastery point which you can obtain in WvWvW. That could be a another Way…

Posted by: Grimme.7126

Grimme.7126

The hero story achievements are bugged at the moment. They don’t award a mastery point currently. If you were awarded them retroactively it seems to have worked. If you have any of the achievements unearned they will not show a mastery point. When you earn the achievement it will then show one on the panel but one will not be awarded to you. Not sure if it is this way for everyone, but there was a thread going earlier with a few people that were experiencing this. Just a heads up.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

There is not only one Mastery point which you can obtain in WvWvW. That could be a another Way…

no it cant, they want world abilitys to be a separate thing from mastery points. its why if gliding gets added to wvw it will be unlocked via a world ability as opposed to just having it because you have pve gliding

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

I had 52 mastery points when HoT came out, I think I can get around 15 more.
You need 51 to max all the pact tyria lines. Do JPs, they are easy, if you fall too much, get on a mesmer and do them on a mesmer, no more restarting after failing.

Also, since you have the internet, you can look to find JP guides, usually by watching them once or twice you know how to do them and can usually do them in one or two tries. They’re not SAB tribulation mode or the Clock tower (even those are easy once you learn them.)

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

no it cant, they want world abilitys to be a separate thing from mastery points. its why if gliding gets added to wvw it will be unlocked via a world ability as opposed to just having it because you have pve gliding

I don’t mean that world abilitys should grant mastery points. My eye goes to the WvWvW Achievements which don’t grant any Mastery Point. Those Achievements are quit hard to obtain…

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Uhhhh… But… There is no point to mastery points in WvW.

Posted by: Killnnikk.2479

Killnnikk.2479

I have come to the point there I have used all of my Central Tyria Mastery Points and the XP has nowhere to go because I don’t have the Central Tyria Mastery Points to spend.

The ArenaNet accountants are just trying there little hearts out to sell the Living world season 2, as it is the most obvious way to get Central Tyria Mastery Points when you start looking into your hero tab.

I just came back to the game after a break and bought HoT (Which is just a XXXX jumping puzzle) why in the hell should I pay more for Living world season 2 so I can have Central Tyria Mastery Points.

Im getting sick of ArenaNet very quickly.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So what gave out the Tyria mastery points?

Edit: Nevermind. I see they updated the wiki to show now.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)