Character Slot for Heart of Thorns? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

I think a loyal customer would give them more than 35 minutes to correct or gauge the community response before taking their toys and crying home to mommy.

And your four accounts are already paid for, therefore they won’t be missed.

Bye bye now.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I think a loyal customer would give them more than 35 minutes to correct or gauge the community response before taking their toys and crying home to mommy. See ya.

Seeing how many times you’ve xferred I’d expect this post from you.

The fact you are insulting me on top is just icing on the cake.

Angel.6085

I xfer for WvW. But bringing that up, you’ve succeeded at saying literally nothing.

I understand the outrage here, but you seriously gave them zero time to rectify this at all and you have the nerve to call yourself “loyal.” Go home son.

Posted by: DarkReign.4503

DarkReign.4503

Lol surprised people just bend over and say charge me more cause you gave us free content for a B2P game. So you can charge us full price of a game for an expansion, this is why things get so expensive now for so little and DLC is running rampant.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Lol surprised people just bend over and say charge me more cause you gave us free content for a B2P game. So you can charge us full price of a game for an expansion, this is why things get so expensive now for so little and DLC is running rampant.

yep, don’t be a sheep.

Angel.6085

Totally agree DarkReign, but was that part even brought up in this thread? Like the free content in B2P bit. I’m not sure the expansion is worth the hype versus content, but I’m not going to uninstall over kitten expansion without allowing them the chance to fix and add a character slot. It’s asinine, lol.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

tell that to blizzard where you pay a sub under the pretense of “it’s for future content”, yet whenever an xpack comes out you have to pay 60 or more for it.

that is deceitful, 50 dollars for a xpack to a b2p game that has given me 3 years of joy is nothing in my opinion.

All those crying and whining, go play wow or any other cash grab [censored] game out there and open your eyes.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I xfer for WvW. But bringing that up, you’ve succeeded at saying literally nothing.

I understand the outrage here, but you seriously gave them zero time to rectify this at all and you have the nerve to call yourself “loyal.” Go home son.

This should never have even happened. People need to be held accountable AT the time of their ignorance.

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

Wow, I am really shocked and amazed. I know your team there at ANET has put blood swear and tears into this thing but no way. I already have the core game (2 accounts) and you want me to spend $100 ($50 each) to upgrade both and not even give a character slot?! NO not happening. Not even buying one copy. If you offer elite specializations though in gem store I will buy those with $ however. Sorry you lost me.

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

All said, if you have core game, include a new slot for standard edition. Like this all the ppl who is angry cause the “core game” included in HoT will be happy

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: xBrownZ.7360

xBrownZ.7360

I think we should be Guaranteed DELUXE if we own the game already. Especially if we have the DELUXE version of the core game.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

This I agree with. A new slot at LEAST in place of another account.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

just remember that when the core game came out there were only 5 slots and 8 classes. just saying

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

It is a bad price tho. Especially with no character slot.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Why not the standard edition?

When gw1 releases New expansions with new professions, they gave out equal number of free additional character slots. I hope Anet reconsiders this ASAP.

P.S. I am totally fine with the $50 price which includes the core game.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: xBrownZ.7360

xBrownZ.7360

When gw1 releases New expansions with new professions, they gave out equal number of free additional character slots. I hope Anet reconsiders tis ASAP.

Not enough.

Posted by: The Night Fox.6018

The Night Fox.6018

Let’s say the core game is $15, which it was, and the character slot is $10 using ingame bought gems.

Now, you’ll give me the character slot, and I’ll give you your core game ‘gift’. That way, I get rewarded for being someone who bought the game at launch, played for almost 1k days, already bought and uses up to 8 slots for each profession, and YOU get a profit of $5!

(>’_’)>=-=-=-=-[} <(x_X<) Pie Fight.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

When gw1 releases New expansions with new professions, they gave out equal number of free additional character slots. I hope Anet reconsiders tis ASAP.

Not enough.

I am not going to pay an additional $10 just for the char slot. Would rather convert gold to gems.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I agree. I said it a different way in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Why-link-HoT-accounts/first#post5155976

But basically, I get free character slots if I just buy HoT and make a new account and I get nothing by upgrading my base account. So… Why the heck would I upgrade?

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

should get 5 slots and an extra bank tab at least

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Don’t be stingy X)

I don’t think they would call it stingy—maybe they would use the word economical.

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Why would I?

I’m going to promptly inform them of my grievance with their stupid price point decision.

$50 with such a small offering in content is a hoax. At minimum $30 with character slot from what i’ve seen.

Also the reason I bring up your xfers is simple. The fact you dont understand why just proves my point more so.

upsdn.5426

For existing players, it’s like we’re paying $10 for the expansion and another $40 just to be allowed to carry our existing characters etc. over to the expanded game. Our other option is to pay $50 for a second account that has access to the expansion.

(Now I just have to wait for someone to roll in and misunderstand me).

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

Hell for Guildwars (1) if you added one of the new standalone games to an existing account you got a new char slot for each addition of the game, I cant see why they cant make it so if you got the expansion you get a free char slot or if you add a new copy of the base game to an existing account you get 1-2 new char slots.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Posted by: daksh.2176

daksh.2176

50 bucks and no character slot?
Time to Renew my wow

Wolf- qT- quantify-GIMME NEW DUNGEONS

(edited by daksh.2176)

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

Time to renew my wow membership

Spend nearly $50 for 3 months of content in the games worst xpac or spend $50 for what will probably be roughly 2 years of no sub required content? Makes sense, go for it dude I think you’re on to something.

Oh and have fun spending $50 on their next xpac.

Posted by: hendusoone.3504

hendusoone.3504

As demonstrated by a huge number of posts, a lot of loyal players are feeling hurt and insulted by the pricing for the expansion. A good compromise would be to include at least 1-2 extra character slot with the standard edition when applied to an existing account (0 extra slots for new accounts), and increase the deluxe/ultimate editions to 2-3 extra character slots when applied to an existing account (keeping it at 1 extra slot for new accounts).

By doing this, all current players would be able to try out the Revenant class without needing to delete a character or pay an additional $10/800 gems (Additional cost on top of the expansion just to experience included content? No thanks!), and deluxe/ultimate editions would still have additional incentives.

This would put it a bit more in line with how the Guild Wars 1 expansion campaigns were priced, too. I don’t know if it would make everyone happy, but it would be a great gesture.

(edited by hendusoone.3504)

Posted by: daksh.2176

daksh.2176

Wow has more content…….

Wolf- qT- quantify-GIMME NEW DUNGEONS

Posted by: manticorevault.5431

manticorevault.5431

Infinite Crisis has more content than Guild Wars 2, c’mon.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Time to renew my wow membership

Spend nearly $50 for 3 months of content in the games worst xpac or spend $50 for what will probably be roughly 2 years of no sub required content? Makes sense, go for it dude I think you’re on to something.

Oh and have fun spending $50 on their next xpac.

At least they tell you the truth about what they are going to charge you, intead of selling you something, advertised as a sale for an upcoming expansion, for $10, and then three months later giving what they sold you away with the expansion, for free.

I’ve been playing since the BWEs, and this pricing sucks for everyone who owns the game, but I honestly feel the people who got the shortest end of the stick here are the newest wave of players. I mean, they just flat out got conned out of 10 bucks by ANet, there is no other way of looking at it except as theft in broad daylight.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

bigbobpataki.4796

Wow has more content…….

Ask any WoW player how the content stream has been going and they’ll tell you its crap. WoW has gotten 2 raids (3 if counting the planned one) and a bunch of garrison crap that promotes the game world being empty during this entire cycle. One of the major features of the first of two content patches was a selfire camera and twitter integration.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Well it’s over 40$ unlike the GW1 expansions… not getting it, especially since that extra 10$ is wasted on anyone with an old account. Needless to say, they should fire whoever thought up of tying the core game to the expansion in the marketing department. It would have been just as productive to charge 40$ for the xpac (I would have bought it) and permanently make the core 10$ in the shop.

I kinda feel like an kitten for convincing my younger brother to finally buy it too because he, like me, now has to pay twice for the core game if he wants the expansion.

Maybe the boxed version will be 40$, I might buy it then.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

this is by far the most reasonable and level headed suggestion I’ve seen so far kudos to you sir.

I don’t need that extra slot but it would be nice indeed to have it, that way I can make 2 revenants one for pve and one for wvw

Also,

People forget you CAN just trade in gold for gems and get that so highly contested char slot……….!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Ask any WoW player

Millions of them say they are still paying every month.

Posted by: Ms asian.2451

Ms asian.2451

This is basically my only buy condition. Add a character slot(or more) plus bank tab expansions.

make the new people pay $70 for the game+the expansion with no extras.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I was disappointed with no free character slot as well.

They know that people will be looking to buy character slots to try out a revenant, so that’s likely the motivation behind not doing so.

They’re putting new stuff into the game, it’d be nice to also be given the means by which to try it out via a free character slot.

Then of course there’s the GW1 precedent… Maybe it shouldn’t really apply here since it’s a different game, but they couldn’t have expected people to just be fine with no free character slot, could they?

bigbobpataki.4796

Ask any WoW player

Except for the 3 million that stopped paying from q4 2014 to q1 2015:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4878-WoW-Down-to-7-1-Million-Subscribers

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It would still be 10 bucks overpriced but at least slightly more bearable.
But they already changed the FAQ so this is how it´s going to be.

Polish > hype

Ashen.2907

Ask any WoW player

You said, “Any WoW player,” and now are quoting that a large majority remain with the game, presumably paying for the privilege.

Which is it ? The majority are speaking with their wallets, indicating that they are OK with the game and its current direction, or “Any WoW player,” would speak negatively of the current direction of the game regarding its content ?

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

People forget you CAN just trade in gold for gems and get that so highly contested char slot……….!

that is a lot of gold to trade in just to get a char slot. currently it is slightly over 144g currently

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

bigbobpataki.4796

Ask any WoW player

You said, “Any WoW player,” and now are quoting that a large majority remain with the game, presumably paying for the privilege.

Which is it ? The majority are speaking with their wallets, indicating that they are OK with the game and its current direction, or “Any WoW player,” would speak negatively of the current direction of the game regarding its content ?

3 million people leaving within a time span of a few months is indicative of something and it isnt a good indication. Especially after the initial xpac bump and especially before the xpac has went into its “transition into next xpac” phase.

People will always pay for WoW, and it doesn’t equate to “content direction is good” but “I have spent years with this game and don’t want to leave after one bad xpac”. You can read their forums themselves, or any community and many players feel like the game is going in a bad direction.

Ashen.2907

3 million people leaving within a time span of a few months is indicative of something and it isnt a good indication.

Yup, but you claimed to be speaking for all seven million WoW players.

bigbobpataki.4796

3 million people leaving within a time span of a few months is indicative of something and it isnt a good indication.

Is that all you can come back with? Harping me for a casual “ask any player” statement in a casual setting on a forum for a game?

Ashen.2907

Is that all you can come back with? Harping me for a casual “ask any player” statement in a casual setting on a forum for a game?

You made a claim. I pointed out that it was inaccurate. That is all I did. You attempted misdirection by changing the subject from any WoW player to a minority of WoW players. I did not raise the subject of a completely different game here, you did.

bigbobpataki.4796

You made a claim. I pointed out that it was inaccurate. That is all I did. You attempted misdirection by changing the subject from any WoW player to a minority of WoW players. I did not raise the subject of a completely different game here, you did.

Want to talk about misdirection? I’d argue that you’re trying to “misdirect” the conversation by making it about semantics over a displeased base of players, a base that lost 3 million players in a few months and are probably losing even more. I also didn’t bring in WoW, the OP Daksh did. I responded to him originally, which is how the entire thread got derailed.

Posted by: Shadoekin.3928

Shadoekin.3928

I am confused, as it seems like a very un-Anet thing to do to force old players to pay more resources (cash/gems/gold) to play something that they actually paid for. Guild Wars expansions always came with 2 extra character slots to ensure all players will have the chance to create characters with the 2 new professions introduced with the expansion, and philosophically that made sense.

But if I am going to buy HOT and then be told I can’t access the new profession because I haven’t bought a new character slot, that seems like a cash grab. Anet pls confirm this.

upsdn.5426

I am confused, as it seems like a very un-Anet thing to do to force old players to pay more resources (cash/gems/gold) to play something that they actually paid for. Guild Wars expansions always came with 2 extra character slots to ensure all players will have the chance to create characters with the 2 new professions introduced with the expansion, and philosophically that made sense.

But if I am going to buy HOT and then be told I can’t access the new profession because I haven’t bought a new character slot, that seems like a cash grab. Anet pls confirm this.

They have already confirmed this, unfortunately.

If you want to play the expansion, you can pay $49.99 for the standard expansion, and then buy another character slot from the gem store for 800 gems ($10 USD), if you have already used all of your original slots.

Another option is, you can pay $74.99 for the Deluxe Edition or $99.99 for the Ultimate Edition of HoT, each of which includes exactly one additional character slot.

Keep in mind that no matter what, you can use all of your original characters in the expansion, or delete an old character to make room for a new character. Good luck!

(edited by upsdn.5426)

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

Just want to be sure I understand this correctly: If you buy HoT you don’t get a new char slot to make a revenant? On the deluxe edition it says you get an additional, but that doesn’t neccesary mean you don’t get any for the normal edition.

If it doesn’t give a char that’s a major step back from gw1 and personally feels like a knife in the back for the loyal community that’s been around for over 10 years now. It’s nice that you guys want to make the step low for newcommers to come in, however for those already investing a lot of time/money (gemstore) in game we should at least expect something to make the price worth it.

upsdn.5426

The standard $49.99 edition does not include an extra character slot. If you want to create a new character, and have already used all of your character slots, you can buy either of the other editions of HoT (Deluxe for $74.99, or Ultimate for $99.99), OR you can buy the standard edition of HoT and then purchase an additional character slot for 800 gems ($10 USD) from the Gem Store.

Good luck!

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

This is the one big complaint I have with the expac. I don’t give a crap if new players get the core game for free, but an additional slot for upgraders would go a long way in showing Anet’s appreciation for their long time users.