Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

yea i’m not happy either for not adding charracter slot

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Character Slot for Heart of Thorns? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Well have you made a character for every profession yet? If so you would have to buy another character slot to do this. Seeing as revenant is a new profession well I guess you’ll need to buy another slot for it unless you buy deluxe or ultimate version.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Nightlark.4029

Nightlark.4029

Many of us already own the base game. Since we are buying a 2nd copy of the base game when prepurchasing HoT, we should get an extra +5 character slots added to our existing accounts as an upgrade, otherwise old players are getting robbed of 4 character slots that they would have received if they just opened a new account.

To give any less than 5 additional character slots is insulting unless there is a cheaper upgrade only option that doesn’t include the base game.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

lol calm down buddy, that’s a 50 dollar value there

we’re stepping a fine line just trying to get 1 chr slot

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

As amusing as five character slots sounds, I don’t have need for one, let only five. Someone started thread about suggestions here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-preexisting-accounts/

What I suggested there was to throw in 1600 extra gems for anyone who links the expansion to already existing account. Thing is if you throw in plain character slots now after the fact, you’ll give nothing to people who didn’t want one to begin with. Toss in gems, and they can pick themself what bonus they want. 2 character slots was what you got for extra campaigns in GW1, this would be in line with that in value (1600 gems would be enough for 2 slots).

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

This is the one big complaint I have with the expac. I don’t give a crap if new players get the core game for free, but an additional slot for upgraders would go a long way in showing Anet’s appreciation for their long time users.

Yup that’s my feeling exactly. Nightfall/Factions etc had the exact same thing (in fact gave you 2 additional slots, 1 for each new profession).

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

Omg pay $50 more get that back in Gems get all the stuff in the deluxe version the core version and the ultimate version for $49.99

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Not adding a character slot is pretty silly. Selling an expansion partly on the basis that there’s a new class, but making people pay extra to even use it?

It’s a pretty overt cash grab.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If I had to guess at the inner dialogue of the gnomes in Marketing, there will be a basic edition that does not have an extra character slot, and a deluxe version that — in addition to a ton of other whistles and bells to entice you to part with an extra 20 bucks — does have an extra character slot.

It’s just so perfectly one of those things that would be nice but isn’t strictly required for it be functional.

Spooky…

Some days the power of True Prophecy is really surprisingly satisfying. Called it to within $5 three months ago .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

SO GUYS, HOW DID THIS WORK OUT??

Posted by: Val.8265

Val.8265

Excellent necro.

Well, can’t necro what isn’t dead.

Excellent bump!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Never-ending sad story of GW2 marketing.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

If I had to guess at the inner dialogue of the gnomes in Marketing, there will be a basic edition that does not have an extra character slot, and a deluxe version that — in addition to a ton of other whistles and bells to entice you to part with an extra 20 bucks — does have an extra character slot.

It’s just so perfectly one of those things that would be nice but isn’t strictly required for it be functional.

Spooky…

Some days the power of True Prophecy is really surprisingly satisfying. Called it to within $5 three months ago .

nice one

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

Well based on the pre-sale information the most basic package will NOT come with a new character slot (or so it seems). That’s LAME. It really is lame for them to do that to their users, as buying the expansion does not immediately let you participate in all the new content. It’s an HIDDEN CHARGE that I would not expect from them.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, and simply mis-read the pre-sale info (or you get 2 new slots total for the elaborated version), because if I’m not…I might not stop playing…but my satisfaction and opinion of ANET will definitely change. And with a lot of MMOs moving free to play (SWTOR? You can play for free 30 mins from now) the MMO “switching cost” is disappearing.

Also, have they started accepting pre-orders before they have announced a release date? I am not excited by that. If I’m going to pre-order (so much better for their cash flows; don’t let them pretend like they are doing you a favor by letting you give them what amounts to an interest free loan) I want more than access to their unspecified number of “weekend betas”, especially considering their poor communication around betas past!

Posted by: thallanaar.1235

thallanaar.1235

The standard version of Heart of Thorns should come with a new character slot, it’s completely unacceptable to charge $49.99 and expect players to shell out extra on the gem store or delete characters in order to make a revenant.

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Spooky…

You didn’t call it, silly person. They had no idea what they were doing until they saw your post. Thanks a lot mate. You screwed us all. :P

Rule #1 of Guild Wars since way back: NEVER say anything in public that might give anet ideas.

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

To be honest there really isn’t any specific indication that the expansion does not come with an extra character slot, and that the deluxe and ultimate is over and above that. Well other than Anets lack of immediate reply to that fact. It should be as any GW expansions but we’ll wait and see.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

It should be taken into consideration that the original core games character slots are all expected to be apart of the core game and is part of that original purchase and heart of thorns taking up one of those character slots, assuming you make a revanent and keeping in mind that its one of the big selling points of the expansion, it’s almost taking a bit of the content you paid for when purchasing the main game since you expected all 5 (not enough for each base profession anyway) to be reserved for the main game. So if you used all your moneys worth of content by filling in those 5 slots then buying regular HoT is practically unplayable as a revanent unless you dig into that initial purchase of the main game by deleting a character you have essentially already paid for.

I basically don’t get access to all of the games content which i would already own if i paid for it, its like those games that already have the dlc on the disc but you have to pay money to unlock it, i have the revanent files and stuff but can’t use it without deleting one of my 9 characters.

Sorry if i get anything wrong or its hard to read but yeah slightly unhappy =)

Posted by: Cerby.6935

Cerby.6935

I think it would be fair offer with the standard edition a character free slot. New players get core game and HoT despite who is playing from beginning has to pay more to have something extra.
good job

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

So, Purchasing Hot now gives you standard edition fee? does that mean i can have the 5 character slots from the other unwanted GW2 account added to my main account (Seems only fair after nearly 10 years of playing this franchise – Gw1+Gw2, and for the rest of those who join used for Gw2 and have committed years of their lives to the product.)

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

That would make too much sense.

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

That means you get standard game + whatever your HoT package gives you. On new account that’s 5 slots + whatever your package gives you. On old account that’s + whatever your pack gives you. Core game slots do not transfer.

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

So if i buy HoT now its bound to a new account? and my old account is now redundant as i have to start again?

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

Nope it’s just absorbed into your account. No bonuses.

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

I don’t care about vanilla being included in HoT
I don’t care about amount of content I get for my money

I do care that I’m forced to pay more, grind or delete one of my characters to experience content (Revenant) that I have already payed for …

it’s like buying new car … and then the retailer comes with “oh, and here are your car keys and they cost additional 20% of what the car cost …”

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

(edited by iTB.1428)

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I am hoping I miss read this somehow. Is it really $50 for HoT, and you have to pay an extra $25 for a character slot?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

You do not get a character slot for basic.

Posted by: nerevar.6247

nerevar.6247

Character Slots only cost 800 gems = $10 = roughly 160 gold. If you don’t have the money for it than you can farm the gold for it which shouldn’t take you too long.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Seriously,

I do not mind the high price that much. I’m willing to buy the expansion at €40-50 anyway, even if it seems to be a bit short on content to justify that cost. It does seems a stretch to buy it that high, but I’m willing to do it. And to be honest, I even think that for non-gw2 players, the expansion happens to be a great deal as well.

But having to eat that price, and still get NO character slot? Am I understanding this right? That I’ll have to spend 40-50 to buy revenant, only to not be able to play with him at all, unless I delete one of my characters? Unless I pay 800 gems more, which is about €10 added into the original price in a sneaky, schemy sort of way? Unless I mindless farm chest farming and cease to play the normal game in a normal way, and cease to seek my personal objectives and rewards, so I can get the “privilege” to play a revenant after spending kittening €40-50? Why would I even bother doing all that after this expansion’s pack basically being a huge middlefinger to the existing playerbase?

The fact that they included a character slot in their $99 bundle is nothing more but some sort of unitentional trolling that leaves an incredibly bad taste to my mouth. When a MMORPG expansion comes out with a new race or class and a new character slot, the purpose of that character slot is to give purchasers garanteed access to that race/ class that they have paid for. This is common sense. This is pure, basic common sense. That’s even how GW1’s campaigns worked.

If a player is already mad at the price, if a player is already mad at having no free access to the revenant in addition to that price, if a player already feels cheated by all that, then what will that player’s reactions be when they read that the character slot is included in the ultimate edition? “Oh, the marketing team wants us to churn $99 for the revenant. Right.”

I could spend my time chest farming for 800 gems. I could cease all my current in-game objectives for this “oh so amazing” privilege of gaining access to the revenant, because, apparently, churning €40-50 won’t be enough. I could, but I won’t waste my time in a game that treats me as an exploitable idiot.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: savageschemer.1036

savageschemer.1036

I really think they need to clarify this quickly.

For myself, I’ve got 2 accounts, meaning I’ve purchased the base game twice. I’ve also occasionally dumped real money into the gem store when I didn’t feel like converting gold. In short, I think I’ve been the model Anet customer.

The extra character slot(s) with the base expansion (not some “deluxe” edition) is the NUMBER ONE thing I’m looking for and want to know about. I don’t even mind that the expansion is 50 dollars (most expansions cost the same as the base game anyhow an there’s no monthly charge, so cool).

I will NOT buy the expansion on the hope of getting extra slots. I need to know ahead of time. Furthermore, If the expansion doesn’t come with any extra slots, I’ll simply not buy it period. I will instead, with unwavering certainty, walk entirely away from the game and take my real money gem store purchases with me. You might say Anet is big enough that they don’t care, and maybe that’s true. I write this all the same in the hopes that someone with Anet with real decision making power sees this and takes it into consideration.

Thanks for the great gaming up to now.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

1 slot would be apriciated :P

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

I could spend my time chest farming for 800 gems. I could cease all my current in-game objectives for this “oh so amazing” privilege of gaining access to the revenant, because, apparently, churning €40-50 won’t be enough. I could, but I won’t waste my time in a game that treats me as an exploitable idiot.

This, right here. So sick of seeing fanboys/fangirls/fan-otherkin saying “hurr durr you don’t have to pay for a character slot, you can turn gold into gems which is easy if you’re not a stupid casual hurr durr.” Yeah, like I’m going to spend my time joylessly grinding $10-worth of gold for a character slot. What’s more efficient: doing my job for 7-8 times that per hour, and using one hour’s pay to get a character slot? Or spending multiple hours to grind the gold?

I’m not stupid for choosing to unlock character slots with gems rather than grind the gold. On the other hand, I was stupid to ever play this game in the first place, apparently.

I keep shaking my head at myself. It’s a child’s toy. Why did I play in the first place?

(edited by upsdn.5426)

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

I think someone earlier almost nailed it, but hey, name’s Hammer, let me smack it down. We are faced with a choice ultimately, most of we veterans.
1) Pay $50 for an expansion to a game we already own that contains a copy of the game we already own but which can’t be separated that we might use it as a mule account or give it to a friend to gain a new GW customer…We’ll also need to pay another $10 for a slot for the new class which is an intrinsic part of that expansion. etc.

2)Fallout 4.

Did you ever hear that adage that the simplest choice is often the best? Now apply that to those 2 choices. Which looks simpler on paper?

This is the problem aNet. You’re offering people who are intelligent and discerning, and we must be both of those things right aNet? We’ve mastered your rulesets for nearly 10 years, forced you to “Balance” and nerf over and over for all that time by out smarting you… You offer us the choice between spending money on your expansion which offers us less by far than anything before, and just not giving you anything more, because stuff like F-A-L-L-O-U-T-4!!!!!!11111ONEONE! is coming?

“Do you take us for fools, sah?”

Speaking for myself, I’ve given you thousands. Accounts, slots in gw1 and 2, lots of gems, etc… Do not mistake my love of your game for blind stupidity or me for a cash cow to be milked mercilessly. There are other worlds than these.. ;-)

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The problem isn’t that we don’t have any options, the problem is that we have to consider them.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

DiogoSilva.7089

The problem isn’t that we don’t have any options, the problem is that we have to consider them.

Paying €45 and not even getting access to the new class is terrible marketing no matter what. Sneaky, shady and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I’m sad of all those normal, less informed players that will buy HoT to play with the revenant, only to find out that they can’t because they have used all of their original character slots.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Yes, I am agreeing with you.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere…what was going to be a no-brainer purchase has turned into a “wait and see” approach. At the very least, I would expect a free character slot if the standard edition is applied to an existing copy of the game. I have an expensive overseas trip coming up and I’m in serious saving mode. HoT was going to be my ONE fluff purchase leading up to the trip, but that will no longer be happening

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Since there are no doubt thousands of players who have already pre-purchased under the current model, I think it would be best either to add a character slot to each version (meaning Deluxe and Ultimate end up with 2), or to add a character slot to the “Basic” package and add something of approximately equal value to the Deluxe and Ultimate versions.

That way, people won’t feel ripped off so much. If you just add a character slot to the $50 edition, those who bought the $75 one would say, “Well, if I had known they would add a character slot to that one, I could have saved $25!” Not that they all really would have, because maybe they kinda wanted the extra digital items, but they’d complain about it anyway. And they’d be right to do so. It would be a different decision to make— a decision between $50 for the expansion with character slot and $75 for the expansion with character slot plus whatever bonus items came with that package.

For many players, obviously, that character slot is a major factor in making the decision of which (if any) edition to purchase. If they add one to the $50 game (and I really think they should), then they should add something of approximately equal value to the other two editions as well.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

I’m wondering: if GW2 didn’t have gold to gems conversion… That would mean everything spent in gemstore would’ve come out of our wallets. Would then many of the current playerbase supported this game?!

Am asking this because in GW1 we were buying skins not because they were awesome (which they were, not the shabby looking gw2’s – btw! what’s with the perma rag-doll skins on charr classes?), but to show support to an awesome team. In GW2, the hunger for $$$ is so huge that everything’s being over-evaluated and hyper-encouraged (by generating so much clutter in the inventory that the need to expand it becomes dire).
Also, if memory serves, GW1 had as many character slots as it had classes. GW2 kinda pushed you to the gemstore if you wanted to experience all the options in a game you’ve payed for

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

HoT should come with 4 slots, not one! If you are paying as much for the expansion as you did for the original game it should come with a hell of a lot more slots than one!

No, no, the price is fair, deal with it. Pfffffffffffffft, not.

If the fanboys could, they would drown anyone who disagrees with them. I agree with you though.

If I pre-order HoT, I can either get the (dubious) benefit of having a third account, and play HoT content without all of the stuff I’ve kept on my characters all this time. OR I can forfeit the potential benefits of using a third account (legitimate or not…), and “upgrade” one of my extant accounts instead.

Either way, I was stupid to ever play this game.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Paying €45 and not even getting access to the new class is terrible marketing no matter what.

Do you have to pay for the revenant separately?

DiogoSilva.7089

Paying €45 and not even getting access to the new class is terrible marketing no matter what.

Do you have to pay for the revenant separately?

To get a character slot for it, yes, I’ll either have to pay, or else I’ll have to delete a character or farm more and stop investing on my personal objectives. Considering that revenant is one of the features that I should get for buying HoT, not getting it will feel like a scam.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I really think they need to clarify this quickly.

For myself, I’ve got 2 accounts, meaning I’ve purchased the base game twice. I’ve also occasionally dumped real money into the gem store when I didn’t feel like converting gold. In short, I think I’ve been the model Anet customer.

The extra character slot(s) with the base expansion (not some “deluxe” edition) is the NUMBER ONE thing I’m looking for and want to know about. I don’t even mind that the expansion is 50 dollars (most expansions cost the same as the base game anyhow an there’s no monthly charge, so cool).

I will NOT buy the expansion on the hope of getting extra slots. I need to know ahead of time. Furthermore, If the expansion doesn’t come with any extra slots, I’ll simply not buy it period. I will instead, with unwavering certainty, walk entirely away from the game and take my real money gem store purchases with me. You might say Anet is big enough that they don’t care, and maybe that’s true. I write this all the same in the hopes that someone with Anet with real decision making power sees this and takes it into consideration.

Thanks for the great gaming up to now.

Same here. I probably would be spending less money if I played their competition instead, WOW. I dump at least 10$ (and usually much more) into the game every month. Buying gems to immediately change for gold. Buying the deluxe edition … TWICE (I wanted my mule account to have the same stuff as my main one). Converting around $30 of gems to get a commander tag. Bank slots, materials expansions, skins, outfits, on and on with the gem store. I have dumped MORE than enough into the game to feel upset that I am essentially getting less than people who have not put any money in.

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

Absolutely. The price of the standard edition is $60 let’s be real.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

ANet didn’t force you to buy the deluxe edition twice. All the extra money you’ve spent is on you, not them.

Posted by: savageschemer.1036

savageschemer.1036

@Woljnir – You miss the point entirely. We’re not lamenting having made the purchases we’ve made. We’re pointing out (hopefully to areananet, because where our future money goes is between us and them) that we’re loyal “repeat” customers who’ve spent more than the standard amount with Anet, and feel we we may be being under served with their marketing decision. We’re further making it clear that the potential future dollars in the form of xpack & gem store purchases can very well go elsewhere.

Personally, I’m asking for clarity on the matter.

(edited by savageschemer.1036)

Posted by: lakonas.4317

lakonas.4317

Since the new players are receiving free copy of original gw2, maybe ANet could add the free 5 character slots that come with base game to preorder? At least 2? It doesn’t feel now, that buying the whole package is worth it?
Or is there going to be an option to buy expansion without original game for less after release?

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

1 would be sufficient.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Shadowsrb.6241

Shadowsrb.6241

Who care about one slot more,its not problem,we will get 5more free slots for merging with vanilla gw2 that comes with hot,right?

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

1 char slot
1 bank extension
1k gems as an apology for insulting us.
$50 for a below average expansion

I’d start feeling better