Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

What they’ve done is so awesomly bad… I can’t even imagine it’s not an april fools joke…
I mean… 0 synergy with ranger mechanic, It give nothing but heal and bad controle, more knockback (if rangers weren’t already hated for knockback…), 0 damage…

Druid is depressive and disappointing…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xard.8069

Xard.8069

Thanks for not listening AT ALL to what we have been complaining about… lack of DPS and party desired damage skills.

Thanks for defining the “role” of a Druid to healer (especially since GW2 used to pride itself in not having “roles”)

Thanks for forcing Rangers into a healer meta wheather they like it or not.

Thanks for making the decision easy to not play Ranger in HOT.

(edited by Xard.8069)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ranger already is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE.

And if you watched the glyphs and traits – it’s going to be massive for PvP as well as WvW.

Also, Rangers currently have the potential to become the reason why ZerkMeta stays alive and all people might end up loving you.

I don’t see a single reason how can you guyz get disappointed! We already have all the offensive possibilities on live. This was what we needed for CC, Condi Clear, Defensive support.

We
Got
Everything
We asked of druid!

Come on! What’s wrong with you? If you want an offensive Ranger – you have access to it already. If you want any other one – you just got access to all of it with druid.

IKR it looks so great!

My bandwidth is very low, so I missed half the traits and glyphs and staff skills, but the ones I saw looked AMAZINGLY GOOD! And the pets! lol

Can’t wait to see all the tooltips later on!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You cry because no one wants Rangers in dungeons or PvP. Now you cry because there is a chance they will.

Oh, and the real winner here are the new pets. Finally something that puts down a smoke field AND teleports!

There’s more than one way to make a class needed in dungeon other than being a healer.

Plus healer may not even be needed in the first place.. If people can kill things in 5 seconds, they don’t need a healer. Healers are mostly for the low-end uncoordinated groups, meaning the better the players, the less need for Druid.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The first two were at least that I saw, but I missed a lot.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

holy kitten you guys are weird this is by far the best elite spekittenil now…

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic, You must be ill-informed

As a ranger we were already given subpar dps because we have a pet – Necromancers got pet without the hit to dps

We used bows, dps got slapped to encourage melee combat, melee dmg will ALWAYS be higher

Our animations got tweaked and bugged for some of our melee weapons and now they dont work well.

and now they pigeon hole into a role which every other class is capable of doing in one way or another…

It shows that they didnt listen nor do they care

I’m not sure if I am the one ill-informed if you are the one who suggests that Rangers are supposed to play Longbow for PvE only.

As for PvP goes – we are the most tanky Zerk class atm. We lacked most of things, but we were told that most of base Ranger stuff is going to be addressed as well.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Good job anet. Great to see a real dedicated healer in the game.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What time will they be talking about the balance updates?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Drool… so many, possibilities.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

I’m… so amazed right now.

When they first said it was going to be a heal focused spec I was like “Eh,” but then they began to show off all the stuff and now I can’t stop smiling. I’m sorry that I keep forgetting your name (I’m bad with names), but you are our saviour, dev! Looking forward to what you have planned for the base class changes!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

spekittenil seriously ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Umm where did i say i wanted to be a zerker? or that i expected it to be that way with my character ? I play a ranger as my main, it has been mistreated by A-net since day one and has received the garbage end of the shaft for 3 years, of course i am not gonna be pleased that the only way A-net can make us semi useful is to turn us into HEALBOTS.

Zerker my rearend, you have read into something i never said or even eluded to, but thanks for putting words into my own sentences.

Play a Ranger as yer main and you tell me how fun it is to get refused good groups.

Ranger is my main char as well and i don’t think its as bad as you make it.
I have absolutely no problem to get into dungeon groups or fractals or whatever.
And i use the lfg tool as everyone else.
Maybe it helps that i am not a serious gamer and just enjoy the role of a ranger instead pimping it to the top of possibility.
And dodging rangers are feared in PvP as well.

It is a nice adition to an already nice class and nobody is forced to play healer

I respect that you can find your niche in the way you play, my hope for druid was that i would be set on par with the rest of the classes and there new elite specs, but we have been thrown to the wolves, and we will not get in the higher level Fractal groups 40+ unless we are healbots.

It affects me and many others who were hoping to be allowed to join in those groups without having to pay for the privilege.

Now if i want my ranger to be allowed into those groups i will be invited but only if i am healing others the whole time, i left other MMOs because i got tired of the healbot life, i play a ranger because i like the class, but the ranger has been neglected for way too long.

This feels like a salmon slap to the face.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

If anything if I heard the “Just heal us, stop doing damage” type of crap I would just dance in the back giving them the bird (eagle pet) ignoring their pleas for heals and help as they die horrendously and i sit there laughing

in Ranger

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

For healing I’ll default to a zealot/clerics mix. Worked before will work later on.

Still retains reasonable dps and heals like crazy, and if we get a true healer: now it will heal even more. Zealot / cleric water staff ele does 1000 heal / auto hit… now we’ll see what happens with a true healer.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

What? There were tons of ground targeted AOE heals…

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Well the new pets sound good but you can throw the druid in the kittening trash, what a joke.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Initial thoughts are that this spec will probably give the greatest boost to trapper alone. It will also just make every other spec we have infinitely better because of the sheer amount of sustain and utility we now have.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

The dream is ded.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

As per title, thanks mate, we dedicated Rangers knew you could do it and although I couldn’t see a majority of the skills and traits, it just looks amazing. The Wyvern pets look astounding and a Tiger too! Well done, I salute you! Now, get some rest.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Uh, I believe it will be after the musical performance from Karl’s band.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Seriously, now we are relegated to healing in dungeons, fractals, HoT, and i am sure it will be a forced thing in WvW as well. So much for hoping my ranger might be viable in the game as something more than " Heal, Heal, Heal".

Are not Rangers already pretty powerful, and who days you have to play what other want. You play how you want, and earn just as much as anyone else?
I freely admit I know nothing about Druid yet, but I am sure there more to it, then just what been seen.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

So it’s out buys.

Druid has been confirmed to be heavy healing oriented (something that we have ever seen before) and it’s going to be super needed for new Raid environment.

And it’s looking good so far as my brainstorming goes.
I haven’t seen the exact numbers – but believe me – Druid is not disappointing.

It looks super cool and powerful at that. They took their time and their time seems to do the magic.

Yah that is good for the other people in the WvW Zerg but what about the Druid ?
Healing other people does not = Bags or WvW credit for the healer.
Do not really see how this helps Ranger in WvW.

Wisp is an AoE damage that damages enemies. Most (all of?) glyphs are damaging abilities that provide healing and beneficial stuff.
Druid has more AoE than any current weapon. And it’s Ranged, up to that.

Plus has access to lots of defensive tools like melee range Daze, melee range knockback, roots.
Also a wall that turns projectiles into healing sparks for allies.

in Ranger

Posted by: doodleimp.4276

doodleimp.4276

I agree that apart from the thorny vines for a few of the skills, im not getting a ‘classic’ druid vibe (ie: DnD or WoW).
It feels more like a ‘Celestial Wanderer’ (not suggesting it as a name) type of thing. But its nice to see something ‘different’ to the standard format, and the graphics could be adjusted in the short amount of time left to fit with the classic image and/or the lore of the Druids within Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ranger already is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE.

And if you watched the glyphs and traits – it’s going to be massive for PvP as well as WvW.

Also, Rangers currently have the potential to become the reason why ZerkMeta stays alive and all people might end up loving you.

I don’t see a single reason how can you guyz get disappointed! We already have all the offensive possibilities on live. This was what we needed for CC, Condi Clear, Defensive support.

We
Got
Everything
We asked of druid!

Come on! What’s wrong with you? If you want an offensive Ranger – you have access to it already. If you want any other one – you just got access to all of it with druid.

HIGHEST DPS? SERIOUSLY!?

Ele and Thief do like 2 times more damage than ranger ever could be!

Engi does more damage than ranger with the right rotation

Warrior do very close damage to ranger, but with MUCH BETTER offensive utilities.

Ranger is only on the low end of dps role, what are you talking about!?

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

INB4: GLF Druid!

Seriously, this is what I’m afraid of. GW2 was supposed to avoid the situation where you’re stuck waiting for a healer. I liked that a lot.

I hope that doesn’t happen now.

And GLF experienced zerker is way better ??
People throwing you out because you are ranger or Necro is better ????

A-Net is absolutely right in stating that right now we are in a toxic meta that destroys the game.

Druid and Tank will totaly change the whole lazy game style…

Bravo A-Net

Just to clarify: I hate the zerker meta as much as anyone else; it’s stagnant and boring, and stifles creativity….but it’s more the fault of the enemy design than anything else.

Thing is, every bit of content in the game atm is able to be completed without a zerker meta party. Zerker is just the most efficient way of doing it.

All I was saying was I HOPE the content they’re making doesn’t obligate the use of Druid/dedicated healer, since that directly contradicts one of the core design philosophies of GW2 (and the reason they gave everyone a dedicated heal skill.)

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I’m actually quite happy. They said in the beginnign of the stream that it was done with no additional stats. What this means is, you can STILL do good dps (Rev staff) while having great utility.

This is a big win for the Ranger community; Don’t be babies about this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I was excited for celestialform…. but cmon… staff was plenty of healing and you focus EVEN MORE HEALING into the new form…. great…

we just got pidgeonholed into 1 great role (healing/support only)

you either take the red pill and stay with your medicore roles (condi, power, trapper, etc)…. or take the blue pill and become a healing/support god….

Yeah, but you don’t have to use staff though. So you can still have the healing from the celestial form.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

A LOT of people will love this, and A LOT won’t. That’s just normal for this type of role reveal imo. Cut the dev some slack!

Personally: I love it. It will bring some decent new aspects to the game.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

All I know is I finally have my main…so happy I get to use my ranger again! Druid looks amazing and I have always loved being the ‘healer’ in games so I don’t mind that aspect of this. Zerk is obviously not going to work here…so should be interesting to see what the new Druid meta will be!

Also…Wyvern pet. Even if Druid sucked…that saves it for me

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I <3 Irenio.

in Ranger

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

this was kittening amazing and I am utterly shocked that people are put off by it.

also, wait until the balance pass segment, they obviously changed some ranger things since he was talking about it

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Ranger

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

What time will they be talking about the balance updates?

It’s near the end of today’s schedule. No exact time listed.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Thank you ANET!

As a lover of support healer classes in most MMOs this brings tears to my eyes! I may even main a druid now and leave Chronomancer. Iam beyond thrilled and happy. I cannot wait till heart of thorns releases. My 2nd chr is a Ranger, and is already lv 80! Iam beyond happy to now ave the oppurtunity to HEAL HEAL HEAL!!!!!

The theme fits well with me on a personal level as well!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Ranger

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Seriously, now we are relegated to healing in dungeons, fractals, HoT, and i am sure it will be a forced thing in WvW as well. So much for hoping my ranger might be viable in the game as something more than " Heal, Heal, Heal".

Dungeons I HIGHLY doubt as you can complete them with little effort. Even fractals is stretching it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vermagus.7804

Vermagus.7804

so happy right now

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

First two staff skills hit whatever enemy is targeted, then at least two others are ground targeted. And yeah, there was a lot more besides. A huge change!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

I dont understand what you guys are crying about, i love it and could not be happier.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Ranger is already in a decent place for basic pve like dungeons. The Druid is obviously designed for all future (more difficult) content.

And just because the Druid has a lot of healing utility doesn’t mean it’s going to be a slouch when it comes to damage. Take off your hate goggles and actually look at how amazing the Druid option can and will be for players.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Also…WE HAVE A DEDICATED DEV NOW. If we even see a single red post in this forum I’d be floored….that alone would be a win just knowing someone, anyone is reading.

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

AND there we go, complaints again, this is by far the coolest thing I’ve seen since the first beta weekend and it is EXACTLY what I wanted, yeah pet AI may still suck but srsly, apart from that I am satisfied (finally). Druid look awesome!

in Ranger

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Druids got rangers to become a part of the meta come HoT expansion, and as far as I can tell, meta in WvW, PvP, and Raids. I don’t see how anybody could make a sad face about this change. That’s a huge change from being on the outside looking in currently.

The dev did say he’s got changes coming for Rangers as well, so expect other boosts to rangers. I mean looking at rangers currently, there’s already enough pew pew, and condi tanky rangers are already fairly solid. The thing that keeps rangers out of the current meta have more to do with the lack of group support than anything else.

With druids, you get possibly the best group support available come HoT expansion. Smile, it’s time to celebrate.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

The developer behind this deserves some love.

While people may not like the concept – all the tools it offers are amazing.

High in power, high in effectiveness, high in synergy and gave us everything we lacked.
This is the day I have been living for in Guild Wars 2.
And this comes from the most skeptical and realistic person in Forums, so far. And believe me that I had my level of requests totally high with this one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Now we have a prot and a healer. GW2 just needs content that requires both outside of sPvP and WvW. Hopefully HoT delivers on the PvE front.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

Druid hype! I love it aswell and cant wait to play it in pvp!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

warrior and guard dmg is higher than ranger

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

The staff 4 and 5 are ground targetted, the rooting projectile you manually aim along the ground allowing you to hit stealthed targets, the wall of absorption would be pretty terrible if it wasn’t ground targetted.

I honestly don’t remember skill 2 and our life shroud gives us plenty of ground targetted heals to go with the staff. I don’t think targetting will be a problem.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Iam soo angry right now, in fact everyone is. Are you out of your mind Anet ? You just added the holy Trinity aspect that you so highly wanted to perform a new next generation plaform, but with you new Elite specialisation …you just broke the record… you did it, not only extrem NONSTOP spamming heal and following COMBO fields that are attached to druid while walking you added also freaking Stealth aspect and by swapping to staff you Daze everyone arround you aka Staff/Staff WvW Zerging inc….. The Glyphs are instand powering Spike machines now… you can kill everyone with INSTAND DMG now… IAM FREAKING SPEECHLESS!

(edited by Ripkord.8567)

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

this is kinda funny. The most selfish class in the game(by design) just became the best support by far (by design).

For WvW druid just became part of the meta.

Curious to see how effective the healing co-efficients work

(edited by quercus.9261)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xentes.8014

Xentes.8014

Love the Druid, we finally have a strong place in the world