Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Langdon.9738

Langdon.9738

Would love to see gen 3 legendary weapons next expansion! Nevermore and HOPE were really impressive and outdid the gen 1 counterparts, I’d love to see anet outdo themselves again.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Doubtful when generation 2 isn’t even complete yet.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

As stated above generation 2 isn’t even done yet

Announcing the next expansion without completing the second generation legendaries would be like giving every troll, naysayer, reviewer, and clickbait article a knife and a fork to tear into the game. Perception matters and its too soon to be discussing an third gen legends or even an expansion.

But if if I was going to discuss 3rd gen legionaries I’d say they should be plain mundane looking weapons. No visual effects such as football and all of them one singular set of weapons like the sets you see in exchange for blk lion tickets. The only ability would be changeable stats akin to a legendary.

The reason for this is because in Gw1 with Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and I think EotN you were rewarded a legendary weapon for completing the game. In core Gw2 we were awarded a choice of a pact weapon however in HoT we were awarded a pat on the head and told to get lost. So I’d like a return to the GW1 still of a basic legendary awarded for beating the big bad at the end of the story arc.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

I wouldn’t hold your breath, gen 2 is barely at the halfway mark.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And that’s a bit generous, since there are only 7 second generation legends out of 16 that HoT is supposed to include.

They’ll have to accelerate the process somehow.

• Three were available with HoT’s release: Nevermore, HOPE, Astralaria
  • Chuka & Champwat became avail in April 2016
  • Eureka (the first without a collection) was added in September 2016
  • Shooshadoo in November 2016
  • HMS Divinity joined in February 2017

So that’s a total of 4 added in 18 months, less than one every 4 months. It’s not clear that we’ll see 9 more added within the next 18 months and yet ANet has also said they want to release expacs more quickly than they did the first one.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

And that’s a bit generous, since there are only 7 second generation legends out of 16 that HoT is supposed to include.

So that’s a total of 4 added in 18 months, less than one every 4 months. It’s not clear that we’ll see 9 more added within the next 18 months and yet ANet has also said they want to release expacs more quickly than they did the first one.

Yes but since they changed the collection process, they’ve added 3 in 5 months. The next should be arriving sometime in May according to Anet, though it will likely be legendary armour (sigh).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Announcing the next expansion without completing the second generation legendaries would be like giving every troll, naysayer, reviewer, and clickbait article a knife and a fork to tear into the game. Perception matters and its too soon to be discussing an third gen legends or even an expansion.

But if if I was going to discuss 3rd gen legionaries I’d say they should be plain mundane looking weapons. No visual effects such as football and all of them one singular set of weapons like the sets you see in exchange for blk lion tickets. The only ability would be changeable stats akin to a legendary.

The reason for this is because in Gw1 with Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and I think EotN you were rewarded a legendary weapon for completing the game. In core Gw2 we were awarded a choice of a pact weapon however in HoT we were awarded a pat on the head and told to get lost. So I’d like a return to the GW1 still of a basic legendary awarded for beating the big bad at the end of the story arc.

cough cough caladbolg cough cough

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

zealex.9410

Yes but since they changed the collection process, they’ve added 3 in 5 months. The next should be arriving sometime in May according to Anet, though it will likely be legendary armour (sigh).

diff teams diff products we will most likely get both a weapon and the armor

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

IF we ever get Gen 3 legendaries, I would hope that they go back to only requiring 77 clovers and not an additional stack of MC (unless we get more ways to acquire them).

I’m not sold on needing a third set though, I’d rather let Anet focus their art teams on making new armors and a leg backpack for WvW (along with hopefully a second leg backpack for each game mode, eventually).

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Maybe if it was a full setshipped off with the HoT content

Calabolg is part of the Current Event reward system an not a reward for killing Mordremoth. Launching post LS3 events it has its own seperate quest line and its own requirements. Not to mention the fact its a choice of less than half the available weapon types. All the weapon sets I mentioned were rewards for killing the big bad.

Heck there are some very nice current event rewards including the Destroyer Scythe and other things. Calabolg is akin to those other current event rewards. I mentioned the destroyer scythe because you get one primordious weapon for completing the chain then collect them all to get the scythe. You also get one calabolg weapon for completing the chain then collecting them all unlocks the Origins skin.

If anything a Calabolg set would have made so much more sense as a victory weapon set for Zhaitian because the sword plays a role in regards to Zhatians story not Mordremoths. You even go to Orr not HoT to get the weapon.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Legendaries (save maybe twilight and underwater ones) are attrocious top to bottom. Some cheesy festive light fest that has little to do with taste or building awesome looks.

I’m still waiting for serious legendaries, not some ships on rifle barrel or pistols that seem slightly less a joke then quip. No, wait scratch that.
“Waiting” implies i trust them to do it. No, i don’t.

Here’s a list of legendaries I’d like to see done:

1. Graveyard/otherworld themed greatsword, with shadowy effects, and possible blade animations (think legendary armor and it’s moving pieces instead of bling-bling circus).

2. Staff with multiple selectable skins themed off each profession. Ele has 4 elements. So that’s 4 skins right there. Only if case of lighthing i dont’ wanna see Bolt/mjollnir cheap lighthing, but more of a metallic rod (with mercury like gloss) which has lightning running across it.

Other then Ele elements it could feature skin of extremely verdant branch (ranger/druid theme), A metal rod with multiple small valves and gizmos on it (engi theme), a compactable battle staff (daredevil), a greenish/black necro themed one, the disgustingly pink mesmer one, crystal/holy/water themed guardian one, and mist themed one for the revenant.

Kinda like elementalist Lux idea in League of Legends.

That sorta thing. Less bling-bling more animated, moving pieces in ’em. And something serious, pleeeease?!

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Langdon.9738

I’m hoping that their indefinite suspension on legendary weapons for second generation legendary weapons doesn’t stop them from pushing to deliver a third generation legendary weapon set in the next expansion. They would really redeem themselves if before an expansion they’ve released all second generation legendary weapons – then release the third generation legendary weapon set all at once at the next expansion without advertising it.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I’m hoping that their indefinite suspension on legendary weapons for second generation legendary weapons doesn’t stop them from pushing to deliver a third generation legendary weapon set in the next expansion. They would really redeem themselves if before an expansion they’ve released all second generation legendary weapons – then release the third generation legendary weapon set all at once at the next expansion without advertising it.

Well be prepared to wait aprox 3 more years for the next expansion then mate.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

zealex.9410

Maybe if it was a full setshipped off with the HoT content

Calabolg is part of the Current Event reward system an not a reward for killing Mordremoth. Launching post LS3 events it has its own seperate quest line and its own requirements. Not to mention the fact its a choice of less than half the available weapon types. All the weapon sets I mentioned were rewards for killing the big bad.

Heck there are some very nice current event rewards including the Destroyer Scythe and other things. Calabolg is akin to those other current event rewards. I mentioned the destroyer scythe because you get one primordious weapon for completing the chain then collect them all to get the scythe. You also get one calabolg weapon for completing the chain then collecting them all unlocks the Origins skin.

If anything a Calabolg set would have made so much more sense as a victory weapon set for Zhaitian because the sword plays a role in regards to Zhatians story not Mordremoths. You even go to Orr not HoT to get the weapon.

you get the caladbolg only if you defeated mordremoth with a reward for killing him

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

zealex.9410

Legendaries (save maybe twilight and underwater ones) are attrocious top to bottom. Some cheesy festive light fest that has little to do with taste or building awesome looks.

I’m still waiting for serious legendaries, not some ships on rifle barrel or pistols that seem slightly less a joke then quip. No, wait scratch that.
“Waiting” implies i trust them to do it. No, i don’t.

Here’s a list of legendaries I’d like to see done:

1. Graveyard/otherworld themed greatsword, with shadowy effects, and possible blade animations (think legendary armor and it’s moving pieces instead of bling-bling circus).

2. Staff with multiple selectable skins themed off each profession. Ele has 4 elements. So that’s 4 skins right there. Only if case of lighthing i dont’ wanna see Bolt/mjollnir cheap lighthing, but more of a metallic rod (with mercury like gloss) which has lightning running across it.

Other then Ele elements it could feature skin of extremely verdant branch (ranger/druid theme), A metal rod with multiple small valves and gizmos on it (engi theme), a compactable battle staff (daredevil), a greenish/black necro themed one, the disgustingly pink mesmer one, crystal/holy/water themed guardian one, and mist themed one for the revenant.

Kinda like elementalist Lux idea in League of Legends.

That sorta thing. Less bling-bling more animated, moving pieces in ’em. And something serious, pleeeease?!

Somebody’s garbage could be someone else’s treasure and vice versa.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Still waiting for my shinies then ;]

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

zealex.9410

ehh let them first give us all the hot content they owe us them they can look forward to gen 3 legendaries.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Langdon.9738

ehh let them first give us all the hot content they owe us them they can look forward to gen 3 legendaries.

If they can’t expand on gen 2 legendary weapons, I’m more inclined to just let them go for gen 3 and abandon the rest of gen 2 legendary weapons – at least we’ll have something better than suspended indefinitely. Just don’t announce it as part of the next expansion. I’m no longer holding gen 2 fiasco against them if it prevents them from rapidly deploying the next generation of legendary weapons.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If they can’t expand on gen 2 legendary weapons, I’m more inclined to just let them go for gen 3 and abandon the rest of gen 2 legendary weapons – at least we’ll have something better than suspended indefinitely. Just don’t announce it as part of the next expansion. I’m no longer holding gen 2 fiasco against them if it prevents them from rapidly deploying the next generation of legendary weapons.

They are slowly finishing generation 2. I don’t think that starting a new generation would be any easier or faster just because it’s a new generation.

I think that the second generation won’t be finished before the next expansion launches and that the legendaries they release after the expansion launches will need the new expansion.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

They are slowly finishing generation 2. I don’t think that starting a new generation would be any easier or faster just because it’s a new generation.

I think that the second generation won’t be finished before the next expansion launches and that the legendaries they release after the expansion launches will need the new expansion.

That, I think, would be a mistake. There’s a lot of hyperbole over broken promises, but gating any of gen 2 behind a 2nd expansion would actually be one – we were told HoT would include a set of 16 legendary weapons. Releasing half and then asking people to buy another expansion to get the rest would be a bit of a PR disaster. I can see gen 2 continuing to be drip-fed to us beyond the release of the next expansion, but I’d be really surprised if they made the expansion a requirement for them.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Langdon.9738

I believe much of the stall from gen 2 legendary weapons comes from the way the acquisition method ties into the collections. A decision must have been made that by design, all 2nd gen legendary weapons must use the collections. A third generation legendary weapon set might allow them to reboot and streamline the process or revert to the gen 1 acquisition method, which should make it easier for the developers to include 3rd gen legendary weapons over 2nd gen.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Given the already streamlined acquisition of generation 2B (Eureka and onwards) I really think the wait is one or both of:

• Finishing art & animation
  • Not shock the economy by adding a bunch at once.

I really don’t think there’s that much more implementation streamlining to be done.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

OriOri.8724

That, I think, would be a mistake. There’s a lot of hyperbole over broken promises, but gating any of gen 2 behind a 2nd expansion would actually be one – we were told HoT would include a set of 16 legendary weapons. Releasing half and then asking people to buy another expansion to get the rest would be a bit of a PR disaster. I can see gen 2 continuing to be drip-fed to us beyond the release of the next expansion, but I’d be really surprised if they made the expansion a requirement for them.

HoT dropped with content that was available to everyone, regardless of whether they bought the expansion or not. There’s no reason to assume that the next expansion won’t be the same. Which means that they could release the rest of the Gen 2 legendaries with the second expac, just making them available to everyone who has HoT.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gen2 Legendaries are no longer ‘indefinitely suspended’ per the announcement of Sept. 20, 2016.

Good luck.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Which means that they could release the rest of the Gen 2 legendaries with the second expac, just making them available to everyone who has HoT.

Yeah, they could. I sure hope they choose not to do that, and ensure that all of them become available well before the expac. The kitten-storm [sic] from just the existing delay (18 months, with only 7 of 16 new weapons, no armor sets) is already pretty bad.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

OriOri.8724

Oh I definitely hope they don’t do that. But it is a possibility that they could. Just because they aren’t all finished by the time the second expac drops does not mean that you won’t have access to them.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

just hope they decide to do underwater weapons genration 2 as a surprice for us now that they are easier to implement.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Would love to see gen 3 legendary weapons next expansion! Nevermore and HOPE were really impressive and outdid the gen 1 counterparts, I’d love to see anet outdo themselves again.

Please no more grind..

this will be like generation 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 endless loop omg

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I don’t think it will be an endless loop. Gen 2 legendaries offer alternative to gen 1 ones. Even though we have Astralaria people still like and use Frostfang. I should know, I’ve sold two of these. And even though I’m a huge fan of Nevermore, I wouldn’t say Bifrost is outdated. It has its own theme and does it extremely well.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

HoT dropped with content that was available to everyone, regardless of whether they bought the expansion or not. There’s no reason to assume that the next expansion won’t be the same. Which means that they could release the rest of the Gen 2 legendaries with the second expac, just making them available to everyone who has HoT.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you here, but while content was released that didn’t require the expansion, the Gen 2 legendaries were not part of that shared content that was available to all. You needed to max out HoT masteries, gain HoT currency etc in order to make those.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They haven’t even fully delivered on the promise of Gen 2 Legendaries, so I don’t see why people want them to rush into Gen 3 yet, let them focus on fixing one failed promise before the next one.

Gen 3 legendary weapons?

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

The weapons in that case I wouldnt say are exactly legendaries however I did like that system. Also I think it would be a mistake to make gen 3 legendaries before they finish gen 2 and if they continue the current pace of 1 per ls3 ep they wont be done before the expansion (or at least when we are anticipating the expansion to be released).

Going that way for the next expansion could be a good solution in the mean time. Then they can keep working on releasing gen 2 and if they announce gen 3 for expansion 3 people would be hungrier for them.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books