Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

“I’m a changed man, Jasmina.”

“But you’ve only been gone a few hours!”

Give Lord Faren a beard and long hair

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: abelkmr.1549

abelkmr.1549

I really want to see Lord Faren grow into a real jungle man in HoT if he sticks around. Heck give us vine swinging so we can see him really become Tar-begins to burst with laughter. Oh I’m sorry. I couldn’t keep that straight face. At best Lord Faren is George of the Jungle. George! Watch out for that tree!

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Lord Faren should become a hermit and hold a seed pod called Wilson.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I like that they went out of their way to model him a loincloth in stead of his fancy panties.

Also, that bongo now actually has an eye patch.

I hope we’re never really headed for any “serious” development of Faren. I mean he’s basically comic relief/deliberate inversion of the damsel in distress trope. I think he’s great in small doses doing exactly that and hope he never changes.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Faren is a favourite of mine. He makes me laugh and yes, he’s an idiot, but aww. So cute. So adorable. I love what he’s doing thus far in the jungle. He’s such a Dedicated Follower of Fashion, he’s modelling "the latest" in male jungle attire for us. Awesome!

I agree, Faren should never change.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I like that they went out of their way to model him a loincloth in stead of his fancy panties.

Also, that bongo now actually has an eye patch.

I hope we’re never really headed for any “serious” development of Faren. I mean he’s basically comic relief/deliberate inversion of the damsel in distress trope. I think he’s great in small doses doing exactly that and hope he never changes.

Yes this. We like faren in small doses to keep us entertained. He’s the comic relief.

Just…don’t mold something that’s ALL about him. Then you get something like the Minion movie…

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I think that we’ll find Faren in all HoT map with more and more hairs as we go deeper into the jungle.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I see a “Swordmaster” Faren mini coming up in the future

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

As far as human nobles go, Faren’s alright. He’s honestly pretty brave.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The loincloth is an awesome upgrade. He definitely should get at least a bit stubbly and more tan while he’s running around nearly in his altogether. I also want at least one good Tarzan yell out of him, applied at a perfect moment in the story.

However, while I enjoy his comic relief I feel that he can’t actually be that much a buffoon. He survived hours alone in Mordremoth’s jungle with a beat up sword and a bottle of wine. He survived falling (literally) into Scarlet’s clutches. He was even good in the fight against the bandits in the early human noble PS.

I so very much want him to be E, with all the foppish buffoonery a well-done Scarlet Pimpernel style cover.

Here’s his new look. Sorry for the poor composition and the odd angling, it’s hard to get a clear view when a zerg is surrounding him.

Attachments: