Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: sanwah.8914

sanwah.8914

Could we please have the option to disable the glider, or keybind it to a different key. I am having problems in some jumping puzzles with the glider coming on when I don’t want it to. I would like to have the ability to turn it off.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I want to fly in a giant bubble, like Glinda from The Wizard of Oz. The bubble could pop upon landing.

Darn you! I just had this idea this morning! So I’ll +1 you instead.

It came to me as I was thinking of ways to revamp the new Electro glider and thought making it a sphere surrounding the person might look nifty.

At which point I realized a Glinda bubble would have a lot of potential thanks to ANet’s ability to add rainbow shimmers and ambient light reflections. They already have a Tempest water bubble to ride around on, so that animation could work either atop or within the bubble (unless they have to keep the gliding pose for airborne people, which might look odd inside a bubble but hey, it’ll still be an awesome glider).

That’s a pretty interesting and clever idea. I’d buy that :-)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Giant hands. Like those inflatable hands at sports games. Giant gliding hands.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Make the SAB backpiece’s into gliders.

Just give them 8bit style airplane wings if you will and have them eject out similar to buzz lightyears wings.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

black/red revanant glider.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This may have been suggested before but I’d love to have an invisible glider.

Sometimes if I start gliding straight after entering a zone the glider won’t load and I’ll just see my character drifting through the air with their arms out. I think that looks really cool and I’d love to have that effect permanently.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Above all, there should be alternate ways of obtaining gliders, via drops or a collection. Making it a drop would be exciting, and it can be account-bound to prevent subsequent horrendous TP prices.

1. Zephryite tribute gliders. Wind/Lightning/Sun.
2. Guild Glider.
3. Glint Gilder (crystalized/shards that leave crystal trails and play the crystal oasis tones)
4. Rainbow Glider. We needs it.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Triangular glider with giant eye design. Illuminati confirmed!

Posted by: Draxin.8365

Draxin.8365

For the love of Tyria, give us a way to either toggle on/off the gliders or change the keybind on them. I can’t do these freakin jumping puzzles with them on the world map!

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I stand by my previous statement, don’t put out limited edition glider skins unless you account for players that are paid BiWeekly.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

-Snip-

• Crafting gliders – like the crafting backpieces, gliders added to each crafting progression that is themed to the craft (probably just 1 per craft, not one per crafting tier per craft). For example, the CoF glider could be a glider made of fire, while HotW could be using the kodan-designs metal and ice (not realistic but hey neither are animal wings on plant people)
    -Snip-

I like the idea of being able to craft gliders especially ones themed to crafting professions. Somehow I see the chef one made of cooking utensils strung together or chef hats and aprons. For a jeweler a glider strung together with jewels or crystals – it could be a great way of using up the copper, silver, gold etc. for a really flashy or color coordinated glider. It would be also kind of neat to be able to customize – have several parts so you can mix and match your glider within that profession.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

-Snip-

• Crafting gliders – like the crafting backpieces, gliders added to each crafting progression that is themed to the craft (probably just 1 per craft, not one per crafting tier per craft). For example, the CoF glider could be a glider made of fire, while HotW could be using the kodan-designs metal and ice (not realistic but hey neither are animal wings on plant people)
    -Snip-

I like the idea of being able to craft gliders especially ones themed to crafting professions. Somehow I see the chef one made of cooking utensils strung together or chef hats and aprons. For a jeweler a glider strung together with jewels or crystals – it could be a great way of using up the copper, silver, gold etc. for a really flashy or color coordinated glider. It would be also kind of neat to be able to customize – have several parts so you can mix and match your glider within that profession.

That would be amazing. A lot of work for the devs probably but kitten ’em – what have done for us lately?
Yeah, being able to craft your own glider would be sweet.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

A glider which is simply the Eye of Janthir. The player character floats effortlessly beneath it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A glider which is simply the Eye of Janthir. The player character floats effortlessly beneath it.

Or maybe Guild Wars 1 Celestials, such as a Celestial Dragon flying above the player.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: King xiuras.3615

King xiuras.3615

I was wondering if you could implement the static tempered spinal blades as a glider skin? They look like wings too with some kind of an engine :p

Khalar Bladestorm – Pugmaster of AoA – Dungeon Master – Event Comander of AoA

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

How about a nice cloud glider?

Would also like to see a Tempered Spinal Blades option.

I don’t think that glider skins should be free or rewards. They have no effect on gameplay and are one area where anet can earn money without too many complaints

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’d really like some existing wing back items to be made into gliders, like the temporal blade back items. They took effort to make and even more so now due to how slack it is to get blade shards, the added glider skin would be great.

Teneborous/Shimmering craftable back items/gliders. Maybe using Tailor/Leatherwork/Armorsmith.

Phoenix wing glider. Fiery and awesome, would suit Warriors and elementalists.

Parachute glider. Would look great with the jungle explorer outfit or in general really.

Celestial glider, like white energy “wings” with light orb trails.

Kitten.

sorudo.9054

skin/flesh glider with bones as support, nice for necro’s.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I need something like this

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

sorudo.9054

some more wings

Attachments:

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I want to glide around in a cape like superman. Make it red hot and with a big letter S behind

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I don’t think you can do this currently, but it might be nice if we could hover. Create a small, personal updraft that isn’t strong enough to elevate your glider, but will hold it in place indefinitely.

And if that already exists, then disregard. I just haven’t seen it yet!

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

i want to look like a flying squirrel… or cat

that is all

Attachments:

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

My suggestion for a glider is put the one that you already have made! So no extra work! The glider/wings from “chasing the egg” story mission are amazing! Even if it is only limited to just glider and not a back piece I would love this one if it was available.(I’m sure a lot of other people will agree)

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Give guardian profession specific wings, the one they already have with Wings of Resolve as dragonhunter, and then watch every human female meta player make whine posts on the forum that it should be available to everyone.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

- Wings of Fire based on the Sun or Phoenix
- Jet Pack based on Asura technology
- Wings that can change it color based on Night and Day cycle
- Cyclone or Wind that cover our character while gliding
- Ley-line glider

(edited by Eros.6801)

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

My suggestion for a glider is put the one that you already have made! So no extra work! The glider/wings from “chasing the egg” story mission are amazing! Even if it is only limited to just glider and not a back piece I would love this one if it was available.(I’m sure a lot of other people will agree)

Thanks!

Oh my goodness. Please. This!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Thanks!

Oh my goodness. Please. This!

Oh! That would have been such a lovely reward for completing that mission!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thanks!

O.o

I’d buy that for a dollar!

Gimme ANet!

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Jetpacks for my engie…
or just get the molten firestorm one to work…

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Someone suggested the Spinal Blade backpiece. I feel an invisible glider skin that allowed all backpieces to be shown would be nice.

Spinal Blade post someone made:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Spinal-Blade-backpack-glider/first#post6041783

Posted by: Padd.1479

Padd.1479

To summarize the Spinal Blade backpack thread:

The ascended Spinal Blade Wings are perfect for flying/gliding in the way they are designed

They have different color versions already or they could be dyeable

They have joints and they could unfold in a similar way to the legendary PVP ones.

Also they seem to have some kind of booster underneath which could fire up while gliding.

100% Thief

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Balloons, like the quaggan mail carrier.

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

Another one for a jet pack.. maybe “rocket man” style with finned helmet… or… “Bell Rocket Belt” style where you glide upright.

Posted by: Intigracy.2089

Intigracy.2089

Your character frantically flapping their arms like wings.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Just some quick ideas, to transform some older backpacks into glider, allowing for some progression outside the gemstore:

Fractal backpack Glider:
- Mirror it so it is two of the open circles with the glowing cube in it and the cloth pointing down. It would look like a drone lifting mechanism that way.
Some little FX and it would be pretty nice.

Bladed Wings:
- These are allready a jetpack + Wings, why arent they Gliders yet?

Molten jetpack:
- It is a jetpack…

Guild Backpack:
- Have the Guild Backpack open up to something like a parachute, or a simple glider with the Guilds logo on it. Maybe a cleaner texture

Order Backpacks:
- have them be able to let out fitting wings at their last incarnation (T3), the Virgil one allready has a wing motive, the OoW has feathers and the Priory could go crystal.

Gods Backpacks:
- All of the gods bckpacks should be able to fly in some form. If they don`t look allready like they could sprout wings, have them do it. Be it fire with balthazar or litteraly have Melandrus sprout wings…

Holographic Wings:
- I think they explain themselves. We allready sestablished hard light holograms, so it is feasable.

Book Backpacks:
- Most of them are magical, so have them open up and their pages create wings.

Hobo-Tron Backpack
- How about some helicopter blades of him, You kow, like in Ratchet and Clank?

Thats about the general ones I can come up with just from the established backpacks.
Other than that, some other ideas would be:

- Mechanical Wings (Think Archangel of X-Men)
- Baloon Glider (Think Pixars Up, though it might obscure things)
- Engineer Drone Glider (Four drones attach cables to your character and lift you through the sky)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Your character frantically flapping their arms like wings.

Laughing so hard now. Even if we only get this on Apr 1 I want it.

sorudo.9054

a kind of teleport glider:
to explain, you activate this just as you would with the glider (double jump), however, it then activates a target icon that you can place just as ground targets.
you can’t do any tricks like a normal glider and you can only get as far as you could with a normal glider, but you teleport there within a few seconds.

small disadvantages to go allot faster.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Mary Poppins umbrella = instabuy XD

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Would be a good glider skin/extra. Scratch that, amazing glider skin.

Edit: This post now makes no sense since a moderator moved this without copying the title. I was referring to the magic carpet.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

If you’re going to do that, add the broomstick too!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’ve always wanted something that looked ‘functional’ yet elaborately designed. The Pheonix kite and Classic glider skins were probably the closest to this idea, but they were soooo…flimsy.

Anet, think you can make an elegant glider that looks like it could stand the ruggedness of travel? It kinda irks me that many of the non-wing gliders look like they could be torn to shreds with a good strong gust.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Do all gliders need to be above the player? If not, with an animation change you could have the glider below the player. Having the player sitting on something would open up all sorts of new types of gliders. A Pegasus. A player on a bicycle flying across the skies. Riding a dragon. Sitting on a soap bubble. A magic carpet. A broom.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I want to glide around in a supersonic jet, painted bright silver with shades of hot pink and the initials of my character sprayed along the body. Oh and slot in a couple of mega cannons at the side by the way

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Lis.6475

Lis.6475

Maybe one that isn’t exclusive to the gem shop?

Posted by: Deimos.4263

Deimos.4263

Bring back guild kites… which seem to be missing… and add gliding functionality. Also gliding functionality for the other kites/balloons/brooms/carpets.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Chopper’s board from 2000 AD

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Largos “wings” and yea, I know…
Auto-rotating descender (When a helicopter loses it’s engines, but it’s blades remain intact, this is how it can still land safely assuming it has the altitude)
Recolors of the Soul River glider (red, green, pink… ALL OF THEM)
Invisible glider skin
Skeletal wings (with or without a spine chilling shriek)
Holographic wings like the two Dragon Bash back items
SAB wings (BECAUSE OKAY)
A glider that sits in front of you instead of on top (and pulls you forward)
Acrobatic parachutes (which is functionally what our gliders really are)
A glider that turns your descent into a full on religious experience for people watching (full body halo, lights all over the place, the sound of angels singing)
A glider that turns your descent into a full on religious experience for people watching (darkness, fire and brimstone and the screams of the condemned)
A glider on FIRE
A glider on PURPLE FIRE (and green and yellow and blue and… AND ALL OF THEM)
Branded glider
Icebrood glider?
A glider made of tentacles (think that karka back item from way back)
A glider made of something incredibly macabre that rains blood on those below you
A glider made of an African Swallow…
A mount made of two empty halves of coconuts and you banging them together… wrong thread

A glider that works like the seeds from a dandelion
A glider made of leaves that have been tied together for some reason
A glider made of the 3 Zephryte back item’s effects just cause
A glider where you’re clinging to a shield or something for dear life
An umbrella (loony toons or gtfo)
A malfunctioning Jet Pack that doesn’t even lift, bro.
A phantasmal glider that shatters when it is stowed
A glider that turns you into the Ride the Lightning Animation
A glider that sits you on top of a Tornado
A glider that slows your descent with steam (complete with screams of pain cause steam is hot stuff)
A glider made of ice that coalesces upon deployment and melts or shatters upon landing
A Magic Carpet
A Witch’s Broom
A glider made of a Toilet you sit on as it’s being pulled by Pink Flamingos
A Burning Sleigh being pulled through the sky by Balthazar’s Reindeer, with a White Bearded Norn guy holding a spear of lightning to the sky, shouting and 2 or 3 Norn women playing in the bag of gifts while either Ride of the Valkyries or that song by the Trans Siberian Orchestra is blasting at unreasonable volume.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

A “Pod” glider, similar to the pod racers from the Phantom Menace. Two engines, located in front of you, pulling you along and making a chugging noise.

Just a flesh wound.3589

For wintersday, (requires a sitting animation), a sled glider being pulled by a team of dolyaks, and (trailing animation) presents spill out of a large sack in the back seat. Lead dolyak should have a glowing red nose, of course.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)