Hearts and Minds: Mordremoth fight :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BaronWombat.7195

BaronWombat.7195

Q:

Serious comments only plz, I don’t want to hear how epic you are or how I am a noob. I love this game and am trying to keep playing.

I think I am in the final phase of my HoT story, where I have to defeat Mordremoth in a boss fight over several stages. After spending 2 hours of pushing forward bit by bit, I am giving up. I want to communicate to the dews my thoughts, and would appreciate any tips to get past what I find to be huge problems (my opinion) with this boss fight.
1. No variable difficulty. This thing seems to be stuck on Dark Souls level difficulty, which seems odd for the main story. Not everyone is a hardcore console player, why lock out the vast majority of players? The wiki states there is an Extreme Mode, which sounds wonderful for those who want that. I enjoy a good heroic level raid myself. There should be a lower level of difficulty too.
2. No saved steps. Any death resets player back to beginning of the LONG fight. WTF? Combined with the lethal results of making an error in much of the boss mechanics, the erasing of all progress is very demotivating.
3. Updrafts are nearly impossible to see when gliding is needed. It took me reading a guide to understand that there were updrafts in this fight. They are unlike any other updrafts in the game, coming from the ground and operating like jump mushrooms. Even after I found out they were there, I still could not find them reliably. And when I did find them, my trained response of Jump + Glide just made me hop right through them. Resulting in death. Why not simply spawn jumping mushrooms with updrafts above them? Reuse mechanics you have trained players to use!!!
4. the boss effect during the glider phase knocks characters to the ground, and damages them. So if you ever hit the ground or don’t get airborne in the few seconds available, its death. Why not simply have damage without knockdown? Losing control/agency is generally not fun for players.
If anyone has a tip on how to tweak PC graphic to make the updrafts more visible, I am all ears
4. Thrown rocks during the gliding come without warning* and result in death if they hit because you end up on the ground in that boss effect. Which resets back to start of fight. How is one supposed to spot then dodge them, while trying to navigate to another updraft?

Those are the biggies…so far. I am quite concerned that comments in other threads state that “the really frustrating parts” are still to come!

I am dismayed and frustrated, and hope I have laid out the reasons why. Frankly, this is the kind of “iron wall” experience that makes me park a game and go in search of something else I have loved most of the game up to now, and have been able to get past any of the previous difficult sections by experimentation, reading, or changing tactics. There is zero indication so far that I can apply any of those approaches to getting past this fight, it just seems to require perfection, or more likely, sheer luck (which is again, lack of agency). I have other characters to level up, but its demotivating to know that this fight will spell the end of the game story for them.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A:

First and foremost, if you’re on a us server, contact me in game, I’ll be happy to help you get through it.

That said, some challenges in these games are meant to be repeated until you get them and I know it’s possible because I had to repeat them to get them.

Updrafts are definitely not impossible to see, because I see them. But don’t look up. Look on the platform. they’re really not updrafts at all, they’re more like spouts and they’re quite clear. You might be looking too hight.

The best trick during the gliding phase is not to try to dodge at all. There’s a vine that stick out over the arena with an air spout next to it. If you can find it, you might went to check out a video so you don’t have to see it while trying to do it the first time, you can land on the vine in complete safety and wait out that wave.

Again I’d be happy to help you through it in game.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I dunno what change they done to mordremoth fight bro but I did like month ago it was fine

It seem gliding is ur main problem, was mine too I fail 1st time didn’t know what was going on in that phase but got it after that

Idk ur settings, but I could see updraft fine.. and I dunno that kd was ever a problem for me? I think u can redeploy glide or something I’m not sure how long stun is

Idk tbh

Arun Kar

BaronWombat.7195

First and foremost, if you’re on a us server, contact me in game, I’ll be happy to help you get through it.

That said, some challenges in these games are meant to be repeated until you get them and I know it’s possible because I had to repeat them to get them.

Updrafts are definitely not impossible to see, because I see them. But don’t look up. Look on the platform. they’re really not updrafts at all, they’re more like spouts and they’re quite clear. You might be looking too hight.

The best trick during the gliding phase is not to try to dodge at all. There’s a vine that stick out over the arena with an air spout next to it. If you can find it, you might went to check out a video so you don’t have to see it while trying to do it the first time, you can land on the vine in complete safety and wait out that wave.

Again I’d be happy to help you through it in game.

That Vine sounds amazing! Thanks. I have issues seeing the updrafts while I am flying, so landing on the vine sounds great. Thanks, will contact you if I cannot get through it. thanks so much for the informative response!

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I learned that you don’t actually have to jump through the updraft if I remember right you can just walk through them and you get lifted up in the air.

It is so hard to determine what mechanic is bugged or not in this fight because there definitely were bugs, but now I don’t know. The bubble that braham makes never once worked for me, so I was forced to use the gliding and the updraft refused to work on the 2nd or 3rd phase.

I hate this fight with a passion, mostly because it took so many attempts, even made me ragequit the game for months, but it’s doable.

Mordremoth does little to no damage at all, even vs my full zerker thief, it is only the mechanics between phases you need to focus on. Not sure why you can’t see the updrafts, they are very clearly visible, maybe a graphics issue on your end but who knows, my eye sight is horrible on top of color blind and I can see them.

Do what I did and use the LFG tool to gather a couple people with you, that way you can suffer the frustration together as a team.

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

If you’re on an EU server, feel free to contact me in-game with specific questions or for another attempt – but, as it stands, it sounds like you want to be babysat through the bossfight through mechanics simply for an effortless solo. I can’t support that.

If you can’t solo the fight, my advice is to bring some friends, or recruit some of the players standing around in the Hearts and Minds instance (if you don’t mind the possibility of sitting in the time out chair for half of the fight). Mordremoth doesn’t really scale to player numbers, so a two or three person group should have a much easier time.

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

I dunno… did this fight solo a few weeks ago and everything worked out.
Hell, i did it as a mesmer and it was just fine, not even sure how someone spends multiple hours on this.
It was… dunno.. 30 minutes? 40 tops and even that probably because i was solo.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They really should keep your “place” in the fight if you die (like almost all story instances do), and leave the full reset on death (and the penalty box) for the challenge mote version of the fight where it’s more appropriate. It’s not even a particularly hard fight, it’s just really long.

There’s other bugs that still need to be fixed, like the third miniboss (all of them can do it, but Caithe/Braham/Canach has perma-stability so the rift can’t pull them) becoming agressive again while still being invincible if you take to long to channel the rift (because, say, one of those bullet hell orbs was right by it and kept hitting you), or that wind barrier thing Mordremoth creates being able to drag you out of the air if it’s still going when a gliding phase starts.

BaronWombat.7195

Thanks folks. I had no idea I could get a group to help with this! I really appreciate the offers of help and tips on how to survive. I can relate to what Rukia said about ragequitting for a few months, I took a few minutes to calm down and wrote this post instead. Glad I did! I feel like I am equipped with the knowledge to make it through this fight now, previous to your responses I felt there was zero chance of that. Cheers!
ps – I am on the NA server, TY for the global offers to help!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is so hard to determine what mechanic is bugged or not in this fight because there definitely were bugs, but now I don’t know. The bubble that braham makes never once worked for me, so I was forced to use the gliding and the updraft refused to work on the 2nd or 3rd phase.

I’ve ran into the problem where the updrafts never works on the third phase. They have worked more times than they have failed but if you encounter the fails on your first run it may not be obvious that there is a bug going on. The updrafts are also nearly fully transparent with a flashing background. Not the best combo for visibility especially when the updraft/sprouts are also shiny.

There’s other bugs that still need to be fixed, like the third miniboss (all of them can do it, but Caithe/Braham/Canach has perma-stability so the rift can’t pull them) becoming agressive again while still being invincible if you take to long to channel the rift (because, say, one of those bullet hell orbs was right by it and kept hitting you), or that wind barrier thing Mordremoth creates being able to drag you out of the air if it’s still going when a gliding phase starts.

Ran into that just the other day but luckily Caithe eventually got pulled in somehow.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m redoing Hearts and Minds on new toons to finish the two other order backpacks, and I tried to get Flights of Fancy. Was the method of standing on the tree branch fixed? I got up on the tree branch, had no problems with the first phase. Still had the effect saying I was eligible for the achievement when the second phase started, I got up on the branch to wait it out again and I looked down and the achievement was gone.

Mordremoth kept targetting me and throwing rocks at me, but none of them actually hit me, since my health never took a hit and I never went into combat, but I still lost the effect and my eligibility for the achievement

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I am personally getting stuck on getting airborne the second time. I jump and jump into air currents, and they won’t pick me up.

Update: Always like me to post when I’m getting frustrated, then go right back in, and get it on the next try. Took me 4 rounds, but got it. Just ‘barely’, as he hit me with a rock and I fell to the ground just as the electrified floor went away. Thankfully my team came to help pick me up from being downed.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Some time ago I did this, so I might be a bit off. As I recall, the vine in question is to the NorthEast. Take the updraft immediately south of it by walking or possibly jumping once on it. Now, you might need to deploy glider with a slight delay so as to catch the low point of the draft to get its maximal lift or else you won’t make it to the vine.
Once on the vine, head toward the back left side of it (its NW side). You can get hit with rocks if you’re in the middle, as I found out the hard way. If you’re turned around and facing the center, this would feel like the back-right part of the vine.

OriOri.8724

Some time ago I did this, so I might be a bit off. As I recall, the vine in question is to the NorthEast. Take the updraft immediately south of it by walking or possibly jumping once on it. Now, you might need to deploy glider with a slight delay so as to catch the low point of the draft to get its maximal lift or else you won’t make it to the vine.
Once on the vine, head toward the back left side of it (its NW side). You can get hit with rocks if you’re in the middle, as I found out the hard way. If you’re turned around and facing the center, this would feel like the back-right part of the vine.

Yea, I know where to stand on the vine. I’m just confused as to why I was suddenly deemed ineligible for the achievement since I hadn’t actually been hit. My health didn’t take a hit and my character never entered combat but I lost the effect that says I was eligible to receive Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

because they fixed it so you need to not get hit while gliding landing on the vine makes you not eligible for the achievement which is annoying but makes sense.. It says “flight of fancy” not “stand on a vine of fancy”

OriOri.8724

because they fixed it so you need to not get hit while gliding landing on the vine makes you not eligible for the achievement which is annoying but makes sense.. It says “flight of fancy” not “stand on a vine of fancy”

I was sure that I kept the buff throughout the first gliding phase but I may have lost it when I first landed on the vine if this is the case. This sucks though.

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

I’ve killed this boss today myself. I was amazed how good HoT story was. I completed whole story in one day and was not able to stop. It was really good.
Speaking of boss, it wasn’t hard for me, since I played this game for 900 hours so far and I am familiar with the mechanics, so I managed just fine.
If you have trouble fighting the boss, just find anyone who is willing to party up with you and do that part with someone

Oh and another thing. Guild wars 2 doesn’t push you to do anything. Basically here you can do whatever you want and not be punished by it or be less superior. That means that not completing HoT story is also not going to influence your game play what so ever. I can say that myself, because I have done HoT story only after 900h of game play myself.

(edited by zomgbuffalo.5276)

Posted by: Yozbick.9521

Yozbick.9521

Been playing MMOs since EQ was launched and this is the single worst fight I’ve seen.

It’s supposed to be epic but its just long and boring. The fight itself is easy, right up until the stage where you have to take flight for the final time.

As the OP said, the updrafts are very difficult to see in all that activity. If you miss them, then you get reset for the entire long, boring fight again. If you get knocked to the ground by a rock and don’t get an updraft within moments, you get reset for the entire long, boring fight again.

Now, I know what the updrafts are supposed to look like. But I swear I am jumping on a spout and it’s just not lifting me. As a result, I did the entire fight three times and dief every time on the final updraft stage.

In a fight that long and predictable, with such an inane problem as being unable to see the updraft, at least reset us to the stage we’re on rather than all the way to the beginning.

Taking a break now, but this level of frustration in a relatively easy fight is deeply unsatisfying.

(edited by Yozbick.9521)

OriOri.8724

@Yozbick – For absolutely no reason at all, these aren’t normal updrafts. You can’t jump into them and open your glider, you can only get lifted into the air by walking over it, and it will shoot you up (assuming it doesn’t bug out).

Its stupid that these are the only updrafts in the entire game that work like this, and there is no explanation. But if you jump it won’t work

Khisanth.2948

It would have been better to use bouncing mushrooms.

These updrafts are actually smaller duplicates of the ones at the end of the Dragon’s Stand fight.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

@Yozbick – For absolutely no reason at all, these aren’t normal updrafts. You can’t jump into them and open your glider, you can only get lifted into the air by walking over it, and it will shoot you up (assuming it doesn’t bug out).

Its stupid that these are the only updrafts in the entire game that work like this, and there is no explanation. But if you jump it won’t work

There actually is a reason. At one time, you had to jump and quickly hit your glider in them. This was buggy to say the least (I think even a little lag would cause it to fail) and resulted in a lot of unnecessary wipes. Their answer was the system we have now, which I saw last night while taking a new guild member through the fight.

While it may not be perfect, it is much better than it used to be. I also know a dev recently said they are looking at the fight and planning to make it a bit less frustrating.

To the OP, it sounds like you got some great advice and offers of help in this thread. Definitely take people with you through the fight. Not only is it much easier, but it is more fun, imo, as well.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Forget what many have said here….its just to dam hard for many people even without the bugs.

I get it, many want challenging content.

But personal story should always be doable even for us less skillful people.

There are plenty of areas for the pros. Don’t make the personal story one of them.

There is nothing worse than buying a game and not get to see the end story.

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

I give up, it’s been like a month since I first tried this fight. It’s kittening impossible for me. Either the kitten updrafts don’t work or I mess up somewhere myself when they suddenly do work (probably in shock that they actually worked), which doesn’ t guarantee they’ll work properly during the next air phase, of course….

The rest of the fight is just boring at this point, but I just can’t get past the stupid gliding phase. Last few tries I couldn’t even get past the first gliding phase due to the updrafts just not working. I’ll just add it to the list of progression impairing bugs along with NPCs doing kitten all during (almost all) story missions.

At this point I’d rather go back to wiping on M’uru than fighting Mordremoth again.

And no, these things shouldn’t be more fun in a group (and they won’t be, for me), getting a group for this is just me getting carried through the air phase. Though at this point I guess it doesn’t even matter anymore, any enjoyment the story or this fight provided is at this point long gone.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Can you reach the vine? I failed the air phases so many times until I focused on learning to reach the vine.

You run through the updraft to the right of the vine, the updraft launches you, and you deploy glider. If you don’t go high enough on deployment, drop and redeploy just before the ground on top of that same updraft. That should definitely get you high enough to land on the vine. Then you just stand there until the air phase ends. The rocks can’t reach you there, although at the end of the third phase you do have to jump down as some kind of orange circle does start to grow on the vine – I didn’t stick around to find out what it did. Finish off the plant-lizard and collect your shinies. Suddenly easy :-D

EDIT: One other thing that helped me. Can you get to the S3 map Ember Bay? There are at least two spots there where you can train for the move you need to get the maximum lift from the updrafts to reach the vine. They are long chains of updrafts spanning from one peninsula to the next, each with an orb of unbound magic at the bottom. To harvest the magic without dropping into the water, you have to fall into the updraft and only deploy your glider at the last instant; too soon and you don’t get the magic, too late and you fall into the water. This is the same technique you need to get lifted high enough to reach the vine. When I realized this was when I finally cracked through my biggest frustrations with the Mordremoth fight. Ironic that the only “training ground” for this technique is encountered after the fight where it would be most useful.

(edited by Sister Saxifrage.7361)

marelooke.9708

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the, errr, rant. Frustration has kind of reached epic levels with this boss. I did in fact find this thread before attempting and made it onto the vine fine in the first air phase (used it to test getting there). Then I had trouble with the updrafts on the second phase and died (they didn’t deploy, struggled to get up in the air and then got instagibbed by a rock since I was focused on getting off the ground and finding the vine, not on rock-throwing lizards).

Second attempt that time the updraft just didn’t work (hitting ‘f’ did nothing, jumping did nothing,…). That’s when I just gave up. The entire fight is just too long and tedious to keep trying this over and over again.
It’s just this stupid phase. Hell, I’m pretty sure that if you only bother with killing the NPCs and closing the rifts the other NPCs will finish of Mordremoth without you lifting a finger but that realization only makes the mess that is that air phase all the more bitter.

I found another thread of a little while ago where someone from Anet said he was looking into the fight, so I’m hoping that’s still coming and I’ll just wait for that (if it’s already been implemented I’m SoL I guess)

As for access to post HoT areas: nope. Gotta get past Mordremoth first, I’m sort of attached to story continuity (besides I’d have to buy extra gems to afford the first two episodes of LS3 and after having been stuck on the last fight of LS2 for weeks due to it bugging and now this I respectfully don’t feel like spending extra on this game right now). But I know what you mean by the dropping down to go higher: it’s often necessary to reach the final reward chest in Dragon’s Stand as well.

Khisanth.2948

It’s just this stupid phase. Hell, I’m pretty sure that if you only bother with killing the NPCs and closing the rifts the other NPCs will finish of Mordremoth without you lifting a finger but that realization only makes the mess that is that air phase all the more bitter.

That is assuming you don’t get the bug where the NPCs all go completely inactive. :P

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I thought of one other tip: Hearts and Minds is one story instance that it is fairly easy to find a group for in LFG if you wait a few minutes. Almost everyone hates it and struggles with it; at least in a party you increase your chances of one person clearing all the bugs and hurdles to see the thing through to the end. It’s basically using other players to save your progress the way the game should. And if you don’t beat the odds you have each other for moral support.

Khisanth.2948

I thought of one other tip: Hearts and Minds is one story instance that it is fairly easy to find a group for in LFG if you wait a few minutes. Almost everyone hates it and struggles with it; at least in a party you increase your chances of one person clearing all the bugs and hurdles to see the thing through to the end. It’s basically using other players to save your progress the way the game should. And if you don’t beat the odds you have each other for moral support.

that is debatable … had one up for a few hours once after too many run in with rocks thrown at me right after getting in to the air. The only response was from a person who apparently just started the game and didn’t even have any clue where the instance is located. They were on a level 50ish character.

so that is about as true as “I’ve never ran into any bugs”

Vayne.8563

that is debatable … had one up for a few hours once after too many run in with rocks thrown at me right after getting in to the air. The only response was from a person who apparently just started the game and didn’t even have any clue where the instance is located. They were on a level 50ish character.

so that is about as true as “I’ve never ran into any bugs”

I’ve offered to help people through this mission again and again. The people who complain the loudest about it, are usually the people who never take me up on it. I’ve run many people through this mission without encountering bugs. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

I sympathise with the OP.
The issue with this event which I eventually got thru is that its simply not fun.
I dont know about everyone else, but I play games for fun, not to bash my head against a brickwall for hours and wonder why it hurts.
There seems to be some kind of mentality in this game that all events are there to test your uberness, and that people who have difficulty should not complain.
Having someone else help you to do an event still does not make it fun.
This game has many events in it , especially in the personal stories that fall into the head banging exercise.
You will most likely get them out eventually if you perservere, but will wonder why did I bother.

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

The issue with this event which I eventually got thru is that its simply not fun.
I dont know about everyone else, but I play games for fun, not to bash my head against a brickwall for hours and wonder why it hurts.
There seems to be some kind of mentality in this game that all events are there to test your uberness, and that people who have difficulty should not complain.
This game has many events in it , especially in the personal stories that fall into the head banging exercise.
You will most likely get them out eventually if you perservere, but will wonder why did I bother.

I have to question this because there seems to be a part of the community, me included, not only failing to see the problems with this story instance (and probably others) but also Feeling that it can be fun.
The question now is: How do you play ? What exactly keeps you from having fun in this, in my opinion, rather epic fight?
Where are the problems in this instance?

Khisanth.2948

Where are the problems? Well let see … I guess the dev who wrote the patch notes was slacking off and just made things up.

marelooke.9708

I have to question this because there seems to be a part of the community, me included, not only failing to see the problems with this story instance (and probably others) but also Feeling that it can be fun.
The question now is: How do you play ? What exactly keeps you from having fun in this, in my opinion, rather epic fight?
Where are the problems in this instance?

The fact that it’s not the fight (as in, the part using normal profession mechanics) itself that makes people fail but the glider phase, in other words, most people cannot get past this fight due to something that has absolutely no relation to their ability to play their chosen profession. Eg. I had the NPCs-doing-nothing bug at the end of LS2, which I ended up powering past by gearing up and changing my build (so the fight was shorter and I was less liable to make a mistake and get stomped). Gearing up or learning to play my profession better won’t help me here, at all.

The fact that you have to redo the entire slog of a fight (well, it becomes a slog if you have to keep going through it, first few times were perfectly enjoyable) on each failure just to get to have another try at the glider phase doesn’t help any either. Nor does the fact that there’s no place (except chronologically after the fight, apparently) where you can practice for said glider phase so that the only way to improve yourself is to keep putting up with redoing the first half of the battle over and over again just to try and get better (or lucky) at this glider phase .

The fact that for many people the entire thing is buggy (good for you if you’ve never had any bugs happen in it, doesn’t help any of us less lucky though) doesn’t exactly improve on the situation either.

I’m sure some people consider this fun, there is, after all, a market for Dark Souls. But the majority of people don’t enjoy this kind of extremely punishing slog. “De gustibus et coloribus…” and all that…

Add a retry point before the glider phase in normal mode and I, for one, would happy. Though right now I’m just happy to read this in the patch notes so I can, hopefully, finally get past this:

Standing in the ally shield during the “Take to the skies” phase will now make players invulnerable on normal mode. On challenge mode, the shield will provide no safety. Standing in the shield will remove qualification for Flights of Fancy as the achievement text indicates on normal mode only, as it provides no benefit on challenge mode.

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Wait, Braham’s bubble shield actually works?

Vayne.8563

Just pointing out the OP finished Hearts and Minds, on his own, before this patch. I was in contact with him while he was doing it.

He actually thought it was bugged, but I explained to him what he had to do.

The modremoth messaging in the last phase was so confusing he simply didn’t know what he had to do.

marelooke.9708

I actually completed it with the bubble this time. Thanks a lot to whoever fixed this fight (on another note: updrafts seemed to work more reliably too, though I didn’t feel like trying whether I could get past the “regular” way at this point)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh? Might finally get those last two achievements then. Thanks.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Same here, i soloed the fight 9-10 times when lvling each character….nothing hard about it…. I guess OP should step up the gameplay and stop qqing.

Posted by: little.8453

little.8453

You have to me kittenting me. I just got thrown out the instance by the updraft, minutes before he was down. This is BS

Khisanth.2948

There are no or at least shouldn’t be any updrafts in that last phase. o_O

Posted by: Han Alister.3180

Han Alister.3180

This fight is fine for the first few times you try it. After that it becomes a real pain. I’m starting to slowly regret buying this expansion as everything in there is trying to show me how bad at this i am and doesn’t provide any option to improve(not more than base game does). :/

Khisanth.2948

Shouldn’t that be the other way around? Once you know how it goes it should be much easier to go through.

Posted by: elrin.4750

elrin.4750

The complaints are all valid.

I actually had to pay someone (a guy I know IRL) to go through some of the contents in HoT because I can’t do them (adventures, jumping puzzles mostly). I can probably do them given enough time or practice, but for me, any time invested ingame that is not fun is waste of time.

I don’t care if other say I should “git gut” or whatever. I find GW2 fun to play, and whenever it starts not being fun, I find a way to make it go away (ie: have someone else do those unfun stuff, just like IRL, someone else mawing the lawn, fixing leaky pipes, etc.) so I can go on to the other fun stuff.

(edited by elrin.4750)

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Shouldn’t that be the other way around? Once you know how it goes it should be much easier to go through.

Maybe the first play you just want to win, but next attempts are about getting achievements.

Posted by: raykor.6723

raykor.6723

Old thread…nothing has changed.

I don’t mind if the achievements or challenge modes are tough for those that love their old school MMO grinds. But the normal story mode is something we all need to get through just to unlock important parts of the game even if we hate doing the stories.

This is not fun.

Edit: I should have mentioned that the only thing making this un-fun is the difficulty in finding the updrafts during the final fight. All they need to do is add some markers to show where they are or even better: make them look like every other updraft in the game! There are so many special effects in that fight and these updrafts are so easy to miss because they don’t look like the ones we are used to from everywhere else in the game!

(edited by raykor.6723)

Vayne.8563

I’ve offered to help people through this instance many many times on these forums (as long as they’re on a US server) and very very few people ever have taken me up on it. If people are so interested in getting through it, I’m not sure why that would be. I mean I have helped some people through, I’m just surprised more people haven’t contacted me about it.