How much will gw 2 heart of thorns cost?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

You guys are crazy to think $20-$30 for HoT. Since when is an expansion only $20?
I want to say I payed $50 each for factions and nightfall and $40 Eye of the north. I’m planning on a 50 price tag, which I will gladly pay, but not be surprised if it’s $40.
I’m assuming they will do a sale of the base game for $10 to give people the chance to buy both at the same time. $10+$40=$50 or $10+$50=$60. Perfectly priced in my opinion.
And for all you people saying it should be free kitten. You have no idea of what an awesome game this is and how it broke the mold of a mmo. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a child with no job.

And what makes your rude self think that this game will have even a third of the content EoTN, Factions, or Nighfall had?

From the looks of it we get 1 new professions, 1 new weapon for each existing profession, a handful of maps, masteries.

Can you list the content that makes this purchase worth what any of the GW1 expansions cost?

Edit: And 1 new WvW and 1 new PvP map.

I don’t care if it has the same content amount or not. I will blindly pay the money and enjoy every moment of it.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

You guys are crazy to think $20-$30 for HoT. Since when is an expansion only $20?
I want to say I payed $50 each for factions and nightfall and $40 Eye of the north. I’m planning on a 50 price tag, which I will gladly pay, but not be surprised if it’s $40.
I’m assuming they will do a sale of the base game for $10 to give people the chance to buy both at the same time. $10+$40=$50 or $10+$50=$60. Perfectly priced in my opinion.
And for all you people saying it should be free kitten. You have no idea of what an awesome game this is and how it broke the mold of a mmo. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a child with no job.

And what makes your rude self think that this game will have even a third of the content EoTN, Factions, or Nighfall had?

From the looks of it we get 1 new professions, 1 new weapon for each existing profession, a handful of maps, masteries.

Can you list the content that makes this purchase worth what any of the GW1 expansions cost?

I don’t care if it has the same content amount or not. I will blindly pay the money and enjoy every moment of it.

Why do I get the feeling you’d be the first one to the forums after you completed it in the span of 24-48 hours….

Complaining that you paid too much.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Why do I get the feeling you’d be the first one to the forums after you completed it in the span of 24-48 hours….

Complaining that you paid too much.

I bought the CE of the main game. It was an awesome value. I took some time off and quit for a bit, but I have been playing since betas.

HoT by contrast seems to have very little content, that’s all.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

LOL so this is whats going to happen.

The expansion will be probably 39.99-49.99USD

Some people will buy it, others will not.
The people that do buy it will start enjoying the new content, finishing masteries for character’s etc.

The others will enjoy the core game and wait and see.

3 months later arena net will do something silly, like add in a living story in the new jungle that may or may not open up a new dungeon or zone.

6 -8 months later HoT will be on sale for 20% off.

Worst case scenerio is that people who play this game hardcore will start to form a bias towards those without the expansion. Pvp’ers will most likely see themselves at a disadvantage against certain specializations or being hardcountered by the new class ( maybe)

At worst, a rift will grow between those that have and those that don’t.

Point is.
It doesn’t really matter how much it cost.
It could be 59.99USD and people will buy it
I’m one of those people, not because i specifically love anet, but because so far, from all the other games I have played since Everquest. I still actively enjoy this one.

How much do you like the game to spend money on it?
Was the base product worth your money?
Are you going to blow through content in a week?
Are you a power gamer, and will this give you some sort of advantage?

Valid questions you should ask yourself before you spend money on any game really.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree with 39-49 range

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

They can call HoT an “expansion”, but that’s quite a stretch. In terms of content, I think it’s much better described as a large DLC pack. My guess is a $14.99-$19.99 US price range. I would be dismayed if they charged more than that. (I would still get it, dismayed or not, LOL!)

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I’ll never get people looking for excuses to be dissatisfied.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

I am absolutely certain that it wont be any less than 30 bucks, with 40 being more realistic.

Its quite simple: everybody that is willing to spend 30 will buy it for 40 as well.
So it will sell for 40+, because Anet knows that people will buy it regardless of how much they whine about it.

And the irony is that everybody thats going buying it for 40+ is the reason its not cheaper.

Most people buying games just have no idea of how market mechanisms work.
They just buy stuff thats obviously overpriced and then complain that it was overpriced, but without learning anything from it.

Posted by: JohnBourke.8941

JohnBourke.8941

According to this site: http://www.mmoga.de/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Key/
it will costs about 40 $

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

it will costs about 40 $

You know that site have nothing to do with ANet, they have no info and their guess is as good as ours, right?
Anyway, I think 40$ sounds like a good guess, it will probably be around that.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

JohnBourke.8941:

it will costs about 40 $

You know that site have nothing to do with ANet, they have no info and their guess is as good as ours, right?
Anyway, I think 40$ sounds like a good guess, it will probably be around that.

Do NOT buy this game from 3rd-party sites. Do NOT pre-order this game from anybody except Arena Net. Nobody will sell the game for cheaper than Anet and nobody will sell it sooner. If you pay money for the pre-order to someone else, you might be risking your money.

Just wait for Anet to announce the cost and when it will be sold. Also, please don’t dredge topics up after they’ve been dead for a month.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Unless it comes from Arenanet, it’s just speculation. They are just guessing and it’s not official. Retailers have been doing this for decades.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Highly doubt it. No beta for WvW yet, not all specializations announced, challenging content not clarified, etc.. A minimum of 8 weeks. But likely way more.

I would also lol if it would cost 45 eur

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

I honestly can’t see them charging more for the expansion than for the whole game. $50 is way too much for an expansion, and if ANET is smart (which I believe them to be), the price would be closer to $25-$30 to accommodate more people being able to buy it.

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

Amazon have done this for every major game release since forever. Don’t get excited unless it’s from ArenaNet.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Also says June release if you read it. So that’s not happening

Posted by: PGCBloodspray.3419

PGCBloodspray.3419

it’s called a place holder retailers have done this since the dawn of man….

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Expansion should be 40us

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

It is a nice estimated release date, but I’m not that optimistic. They are releasing information about all of the classes, once per week. We’ve only covered 2 1/2 classes so far (just at the beginning of Necro). We have another 6-7 weeks left before they finish revealing each of the classes. And then who knows what else they have yet to reveal, but since they are solely focused on showing us classes right now, its safe to assume that they will take additional weeks to show the remaining content.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Heck, rumor has it that we won’t get any more elite spec reveals for a few weeks. And beta probably won’t start for real until after all the specs have been shown off. We are months away from beta and that will probably last at least a month in itself. I would be impressed if we saw HoT before August, but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: TheNotAFurry.7402

TheNotAFurry.7402

Shouldn’t cost too much period, considering it took 2 to 3 years before expansion. Other games non-Subscriptions and F2P usually expand on new content alot faster. Just saying.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

I could not imagine it would cost more then $20,

seeing how the general price for the game is $39.99

it would make absolutely no sense for them to charge more for the expansion then for the entire game itself.

if they charge equal to or more then the original gw2 purchase they might as well call HoT, Guild Wars 3

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The original game cost 60$/€, that what’s counting. It’s just 3 years old so, that’s why it’s cheaper. Every company does that.

But why all those “how much will it cost” threads? Does it really matter if it is 30, 40 or 50$/€? Can’t imagine that all of you who can afford a PC can’t afford that.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Anet have money from gem store not from game purchasements. I think they will dish it out for a moderate price to sell more gem store item.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

How much will guild wars 2 heart of thorns cost?

$35.95

and when will guild wars 2 heart of thorns come out?

Jan-6th-2016

and will there be a collecters edition for guild wars 2 heart of thorns at gamestop?

Yes. $79.95

MiniEquine.6014

Makin’ stuff up, eh Moss?

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

Well he asked… didn’t want to disappoint him :c

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

How much will guild wars 2 heart of thorns cost?

$35.95

and when will guild wars 2 heart of thorns come out?

Jan-6th-2016

and will there be a collecters edition for guild wars 2 heart of thorns at gamestop?

Yes. $79.95

All this misinformation in a single post. Kudos, sir.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I would have to say about
39$ for normal edition 59$ for special edition

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

In the amazon’s spanish store it is listed as 44,99€.
Ussually, the prize in europe is the same as in USA no matter the $/€ change (I know, another scam for europeans consumers…) so, if we believe amazon numbers (which perhaps, we shouldnt do), you can expect $45 as the prize.
But i bet anet will show the final and official figure on mid June, on E3.
So just wait for it a little longer, it is coming.

Posted by: Shinun.8326

Shinun.8326

If it’s like another game that has an upcoming expansion I would say the prices will probably mirror it. $39.99 for HoT, $59.99 for HoT Bundle

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Anet is in E3 this year, so we will get to see it from there.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

If they want new players and old players to come back price should not be more than 30$. They failed in the eastern market so I guess they will squeeze western market a lot.
30$ good price – 50$ bad price.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

More like, 30€ I keep spending my gaming time with this game, 50€ helloo Elder Scrolls Online.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Alpha.6913

Alpha.6913

Just found the price of the expansion in some websites:

http://www.mmoga.co.uk/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Clave/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-Addon.html?ref=392¤cy=EUR

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/9200000039355572/

is this for real or just fake?

And this one in spanish

http://www.3djuegos.com/21421/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/

for 35€.

But probably it will be more than 35€… we all know the $ to € conversion is 1:1 for anet.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They’re just going to be placeholders (most likely) at this time. Its not uncommon for companies to take a guess at what the price will be, we’ve seen it many times.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Just placeholders. I know bol.com pretty well and they always guess what the price is.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

MiniEquine.6014

The only real price is the one posted by Anet. If you go to the GW2 official store, and they don’t list the game yet, then there is no official price. Also, don’t give your money to other companies yet. You will not be getting the game any sooner or cheaper since Anet sells the game in its own store as well.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

My guess, $40—that seems to be the going price for MMO Expansions.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I don’t know how many threads are going to be debunked until the official announcement. The ones you see are placeholders, nothing more.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

No thnaks 40euro for 1 weapon for each class and reworked traits ? maybe a few maps …
Not worth …. max I’m willing to give is 20 Euro and only to check what Necro Great Sword is about …

MiniEquine.6014

No thnaks 40euro for 1 weapon for each class and reworked traits ? maybe a few maps …
Not worth …. max I’m willing to give is 20 Euro and only to check what Necro Great Sword is about …

You’re missing a few features there, like, 90% of them.

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Like what ? Precursor craft ? Flying? Useless Mastery Abilities ? Revenant 2 handed hammer throwing ranger? LOL
1 Wvw map
Quite poor update but this is my Pov. and if you don’t like move along sorry …

Only 2 things are exciting Guild halls and new wepons for classes …. but again just my POV

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

Does this need to be posted every week? Just wait till Anet tells us.

MiniEquine.6014

Like what ? Precursor craft ? Flying? Useless Mastery Abilities ? Revenant 2 handed hammer throwing ranger? LOL
1 Wvw map

Only 2 things are exciting Guild halls and new wepons for classes …. but again just my POV

You said:

1 weapon for each class and reworked traits ? maybe a few maps …

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

You might not personally feel like the expansion is going to fit your need for quantity of content, but don’t be disingenuous and pretend like it isn’t coming out with more than you say it is to fit a particular agenda of yours, whatever it may be. From what you’ve typed in your past two posts, you clearly do not know about all of the things they’ve announced so far as you leave most of them out, which is why I called you out on it.

Your opinion isn’t an opinion if you’re claiming for a fact that it’s merely “one more weapon per class and some masteries, maybe a map”.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

1 Wvw map

You said:

You might not personally feel like the expansion is going to fit your need for quantity of content, but don’t be disingenuous and pretend like it isn’t coming out with more than you say it is to fit a particular agenda of yours, whatever it may be. From what you’ve typed in your past two posts, you clearly do not know about all of the things they’ve announced so far as you leave most of them out, which is why I called you out on it.

Your opinion isn’t an opinion if you’re claiming for a fact that it’s merely “one more weapon per class and some masteries, maybe a map”.

To play devil’s advocate for a minute, at first taking a glance at what was to come it sounded like a glorified paid feature pack with a map thrown in as a bonus. But then again I’m playing the waiting game like everyone else, so I’m going to stay completely neutral to the matter to whenever get another more in depth look on these features.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

MiniEquine.6014

1 Wvw map

You said:

To play devil’s advocate for a minute, at first taking a glance at what was to come it sounded like a glorified paid feature pack with a map thrown in as a bonus. But then again I’m playing the waiting game like everyone else, so I’m going to stay completely neutral to the matter to whenever get another more in depth look on these features.

But that’s perfectly reasonable to do. We don’t know all of the information, but we do know a good bit and it’s much more than they would ever do in a single update patch. I’m also holding back my excitement because I don’t feel like overhyping it. I would rather have it pleasantly surprise me with more than I thought it would have. I’m a little antsy about the “challenging content” information, because this might be the big part, but again trying to not get too hyped.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

1 Wvw map

You said:

But that’s perfectly reasonable to do. We don’t know all of the information, but we do know a good bit and it’s much more than they would ever do in a single update patch. I’m also holding back my excitement because I don’t feel like overhyping it. I would rather have it pleasantly surprise me with more than I thought it would have. I’m a little antsy about the “challenging content” information, because this might be the big part, but again trying to not get too hyped.

To be fair…
I’m a veteran GW1 player. During the 5 year wait for GW2 there where always a lot of people qq-ing bout the lack of features and the lack of content that the game would have. In the end it turned out to be a lot bigger then we all expected.

I truly think that there is a lot more in HoT then what is told to us so far. Keep in mind they confirmed that they where working on “other stuff then the living world and feature packs” atleast since summer 2013. They only just told us it would be an expansion.

There is also a good reason they can’t tell us everything yet. You might have noticed, but many other games have copied stuff from GW2. Arenanet is revolutionary in the way they aproach the genre. Telling us everything also means that competitors know.

Even if the price would be 60 euro’s and even if the content would be dissapointing, I would still get. Arenanet, to me, has changed the way to think bout mmorpg’s. the lack of monthly fees is totally worth spending 60 euro’s again!

Compared to some other games it is still a 100 euro win per year (60 euro’s for the original game, means 20 euro per year, compared to 120 euro’s on monthly fees a year, that is a 100 euro gain to me)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!