I drank the Cool Aid

I drank the Cool Aid

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I prepurchased HoT based off of the guaranteed 4 PVE maps; with that being said where’s my new title, and where’s my confirmation email?

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Next time, drink the Kool Aid, it works better. Did you buy it in game? I bought mine in game, and got all the extra stuff and a confirmation mail in game and in my email.

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

Bought it in game

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Check your ingame mailbox and delete old mail maybe. Sometimes old mail will block the appearance of new mail.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

It can take up to 72 hours for the rewards to be applied. If after 3 days nothing has been applied you can open a support ticket to track down the issue.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

They give rewards in batches. Be patient.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

Took me a few hours to get a confirmation email, a day to get my goodies, still waiting on the free character slot for older accounts (last I heard can take up to a week)

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Took me a few hours to get a confirmation email, a day to get my goodies, still waiting on the free character slot for older accounts (last I heard can take up to a week)

I got mine after a day or two, but I’ve heard that they give those out on fridays (and I got mine on a friday, so there’s that)

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

What is the title, anyway? I can’t seem to find it on my list.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Maguuma Trailblaizer.

I didn’t do it for the title.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

For anyone drinking “Kool Aid” the title should be , “Never trust Jim Jones’ , they’re murderous psychopaths”.

That idiomatic expression always takes me back to the sad day my congressman died in Jonestown along the despicable murder of all those children.

edit: I think it’s very important we remember to what that idiom references every time we see it and not use it flippantly.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

For anyone drinking “Kool Aid” the title should be , “Never trust Jim Jones’ , they’re murderous psychopaths”.

That idiomatic expression always takes me back to the sad day my congressman died in Jonestown along the despicable murder of all those children.

edit: I think it’s very important we remember to what that idiom references every time we see it and not use it flippantly.

Yeah, what was it? 909 men, women and children (about 300 of them) murdered by that psychopath? I remember seeing the photos after. They were horrifying.

However people forget as the years go by and sayings referring to tragedies become everyday expressions. It’s how it goes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Red Post

They have been having payment issues so lots of transactions are delayed up to 72 hours.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

I bought the bottom tier version not the Ultimate version.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m waiting till they add more goodies, like they did with the core game before I buy HoT, they can keep the title I’ll never use. After buying core game before launch and getting a ring, then ANet adding more stuff for the same price after launch, I’ve learned my lesson. Don’t jump the gun, and get the best value for my.money.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

I just want verification that my order is being processed, I’ve heard nightmares regarding the company ANet uses for processing payments, I just don’t want to get burned by a haphazard payment method (I’m the type of guy that calls any one and every one in full on Chris Christie mode when money’s involved, from the retailer, to any gov’t agency I can find that will file a complaint.).

I drank the Cool Aid

BrotherBelial.3094

I just want verification that my order is being processed, I’ve heard nightmares regarding the company ANet uses for processing payments, I just don’t want to get burned by a haphazard payment method (I’m the type of guy that calls any one and every one in full on Chris Christie mode when money’s involved, from the retailer, to any gov’t agency I can find that will file a complaint.).

If you are worried contact support.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

I filed a ticket.

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

What would happen if I tried to buy it again, perhaps it’s a glitch; would I get stuck with 2 copies of Heart of Thorns some how?

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

You should probably wait to hear from support.

;)

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

well, likely you could ask for a refund of the second purchase on those grounds, but i would wait another day or two before doing anything like that as they are likely still processing it. it took about a week for me to get everything. be patient for another day or 2 is my recommendation.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

Alright I will.

I drank the Cool Aid

Oldirtbeard.9834

I didn’t buy the ultimate, I bought the standard edition.

I drank the Cool Aid

BrotherBelial.3094

I didn’t buy the ultimate, I bought the standard edition.

Then you have no stuff to get, the title will pop once your payment is processed, and the character slot, if you qualify are given out weekly, so you might have to wait till next week depending on how they roll them out.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I prepurchased HoT based off of the guaranteed 4 PVE maps; with that being said where’s my new title, and where’s my confirmation email?

guaranteed 4 PVE maps??

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

guaranteed 4 PVE maps??

Some players feel data-mined information is a guarantee. They’ve only themselves to blame for any disappointments. /shrug

I drank the Cool Aid

Qugi.2653

guaranteed 4 PVE maps??

Some players feel data-mined information is a guarantee. They’ve only themselves to blame for any disappointments. /shrug

You mean like this?

According to the latest data-mining, it seems we will have 4 maps included with Heart of Thorns (possibly/probably? at release), at least. Whether there are more at release, or not, is speculation. Whether more maps will be released with further updates, again, is unknown..

;)

I drank the Cool Aid

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed. You will notice no mention of guarantee, only the words ‘possibly, probably, speculation, unknown’ etc.

Nice try, though. ; )

I drank the Cool Aid

Qugi.2653

But you posted that in a thread about the question of map when people argue not enough maps. Nice way to change direction on that argument by picking one word. One day you say there will be 4 maps at least next not 4 maps in case someone data-mine wrong. Good job Inculpatus cedo.9234. Haha

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

I drank the Cool Aid

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ugh. Got me. I’m shattered.

If players want to take information that is data-mined as a ‘guarantee’, there is nothing anyone can do about it. It’s information that may turn out to be viable, and often is, but never should be considered gospel.

Nothing is ‘guaranteed’ until the Devs formally announce it, and even then, occasionally, that turns out to change. /shrug

I drank the Cool Aid

Qugi.2653

then you should not use data-mine information as argument in a thread about how many HoT maps. because it is no guarantee Wait to see what arena net says.

;)

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

then you should not use data-mine information as argument in a thread about how many HoT maps. because it is no guarantee Wait to see what arena net says.

And s/he dident use it as a argument, s/he used it to clarify what the op was talking about and saying it was just speculation and an unknown even if the datamining seemed to indicate 4 maps.

You dont seem able to read what was posted mate.

I drank the Cool Aid

Qugi.2653

You dont seem able to read what was posted mate.

I am not your mate. Go protect your friend. i dont care what you say.

;)

I drank the Cool Aid

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I find it very rude you didn’t even bother to mention what flavor your kool aid was.

Cherry or bust!