Inquiry about new gear in heart of thorns

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Hey guys, i am returning to GW2 after like 6 months of break after stumbling into news of heart of thorns, i am prolly gonna pre-order it in first week of August.

I haven’t been following any news about heart of thorns so i thought it would be easier to just ask then dig out expansion details so here’s my question:

When i quit i was almost 2.5/4 into making my bifrost, need pre and gift of color so almost there, now my question is will heart of thorns introduce better armor/weapons? Does it make sense to invest into legendary weapon at this point or will legendaries be upgraded to higher stats if new gear comes out like it happen back when ANET introduced ascended gear?

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

There will be no higher tier than ascended , ever, all new armor in HoT will have the same stats but all kinds of different looks to chase.

So no worries you’re bifrost will be perfectly save and still be awesome.

(waiting for HoT to get my bifrost too finished everything over a year ago but rng hates me when it comes to precursors :p )

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Ascended/Legendary will still have the highest stats.

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Thanks, i am kinda relieved to hear that my 3 sets of ascended armor and 2 legendaries will still be best.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

A time ago devs said that even if in a future a new tier of gear would be created the legendary weapons would be upgraded to have the stats of that tier, just like they did when the ascended weapon was released.
So, yeah, your bifrost will be the best staff forever.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Legendaries are the only safe bet.

They have at times mentioned they built the system with the intention of doing things like upping level cap eventually (which might necessitate new tiers of gear), so I wouldn’t even assume ascended is totally safe forever.

It’s why I’ve always wanted a set of legendary armor, totally worth the grind to have selectable stats and guaranteed to always be BiS.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Legendaries are the only safe bet.

They have at times mentioned they built the system with the intention of doing things like upping level cap eventually (which might necessitate new tiers of gear), so I wouldn’t even assume ascended is totally safe forever.

It’s why I’ve always wanted a set of legendary armor, totally worth the grind to have selectable stats and guaranteed to always be BiS.

I don’t recall them ever saying anything like that, i remember them saying that legendary armor could be something that we eventually get, but nothing stating that they could remove the level cap. Especially as that’s one of the main selling points of GW2, once you’re 80 and got your gear, that’s it, you don’t need to re-gear at all unless you want a different playstyle.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Hey guys, i am returning to GW2 after like 6 months of break after stumbling into news of heart of thorns, i am prolly gonna pre-order it in first week of August.

I haven’t been following any news about heart of thorns so i thought it would be easier to just ask then dig out expansion details so here’s my question:

When i quit i was almost 2.5/4 into making my bifrost, need pre and gift of color so almost there, now my question is will heart of thorns introduce better armor/weapons? Does it make sense to invest into legendary weapon at this point or will legendaries be upgraded to higher stats if new gear comes out like it happen back when ANET introduced ascended gear?

In any case you would be able to use Bifrost for Ventari Legend on Revenant, if that is your plan. ;-)

Not sure how they have thought about how Ascended weapons animation during combat will work as in last BWE it had its own style for movement and combat.

As it stand today ANet would probably get into big trouble, if they would make Ascended weapon stats become lower compared to any other kind of weapon tier they could introduce into this game with an expansion.

Too many player have invested both time and money (farming Gold and mats) into crafting either Legendary or Ascended weapon as the highest form of tiers for weapons, so it would be impossible to get those player to just accept a new tier without a large backslash for ANet. Everything in this game are built on this assumption and that is the reason for Mastery after level 80.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery