"It Begins!" - Farewell, Caithe

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

What was once red as blood, red as Eir Stegalkin’s rich locks, is now a venom green.
Gone is the lovely Caithe from my Guild Wars 2 Loading Screen. It is Rytlock, his blinded eyes turned away, his powerful back towards us, and facing a great enemy:

Mordremoth approaches, and Tyria is in greater danger, and therefore more dangerous than ever before.

What will this bring?

How will it change what little I know?
How will I fare in this brave new world?

What I see will decide..whether or not I venture forth..
Into the Heart of Thorns.

Attachments:

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Caithe confirmed dead in HoT.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Cool to see Rytlock on there.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Rytlock is the only tolerable one in Destiny’s Edge. Quite the contrary, I like Rytlock a LOT!

Keep Rytlock. Toss away the rest of Destiny’s Edge.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I like caithe – a lot more now that she’s a better fleshed out character through LS2.
Logan is and always was utterly forgettable. Eir is only a footnote because of Braham (and i guess her relation to Jora, if i recall that right). Zojja gets a nod on ascended weaponry, but she’s a little too… cliched a character to be really likeable.

Rytlock, on the other hand, is a good character and is rightly getting fleshed out further. I’m happy with that.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Rytlock is the only tolerable one in Destiny’s Edge. Quite the contrary, I like Rytlock a LOT!

Keep Rytlock. Toss away the rest of Destiny’s Edge.

Zojja’s a cool character too, but I agree Rytlock is the best.

Toss the other three.

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

rytlock/caithe the others are….meh…

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

rytlock and zojja are the only ones i really tolerate, the others i don’t care for, logan still is the biggest disappointment in all of humanity

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Yeah…. Logan is bad lmfao

Posted by: Underking.2694

Underking.2694

So…who wants to tell Asumir that he’s about 3 months late to the party?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

rytlock and zojja are the only ones i really tolerate, the others i don’t care for, logan still is the biggest disappointment in all of humanity

Gotta agree with this one. Rytlock and Zojja are the only good ones out of destinys edge.

While Taimi and Canach are the only good ones out of DE 2.0.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Caithe’s not dead.

I find this (what’s behind the spoiler) to be a grave mistake and disappointment.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Would recommend people read the books if you enjoy the GW2 lore.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghosts_of_Ascalon
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sea_of_Sorrows_%28book%29
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_Destiny

Don’t expect some Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones or The First Law type of quality, but they are entertaining and fun.

If I had to rank from most to least favorite it would probably go as follows:

- Caithe – really enjoyed the character, Living World S2 definately had a part in this. Quite disapointed how little value she had to the HoT story

- Rytlock – SAB commercial. Nuff said.

- Eir – I like the direction Brahm is taking. Let’s see if he can live up to the original.

- Logan – meh. He’s okay. His biggest flaw is he has to contend with Rytlock for awesome likeable pummel stuff upfront guy.

- Sojja – never a big fan. I don’t dislike her, it’s just that Taimi just steals the show.

Posted by: Camron.4130

Camron.4130

ummm wasn’t this thread created 3 months ago?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

uhm, aren’t you the one who is late?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Underking.2694

Underking.2694

He posted a reply to his own 3 month old thread just before my post, then deleted it.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

He posted a reply to his own 3 month old thread just before my post, then deleted it.

clever actually. think about it.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Zojja is a bit cliche, but her voice acting is brilliant that’s what I love about her.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I’m just going to put this out there, but I really hated Caithe by the end of HoT. I honestly would have traded killing Faolain for a few days in order to kill Caithe. Not that she was an annoying or poorly written character or anything. All of that was fine. I just really hated how she pulled us around. I know she had her “own agenda” or whatever, but that agenda seriously put the PC’s life at risk when all he/she wanted was pretty much exactly what Caithe wanted. But I guess we’re not good enough for her to work with or whatever, so she just stole our stuff and bailed.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I’m just going to put this out there, but I really hated Caithe by the end of HoT. I honestly would have traded killing Faolain for a few days in order to kill Caithe. Not that she was an annoying or poorly written character or anything. All of that was fine. I just really hated how she pulled us around. I know she had her “own agenda” or whatever, but that agenda seriously put the PC’s life at risk when all he/she wanted was pretty much exactly what Caithe wanted. But I guess we’re not good enough for her to work with or whatever, so she just stole our stuff and bailed.

Hear, Hear! I agree. I just wanted to kill her by the time we caught up to her. I certainly didn’t want her to join our party again!

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

If I had the choice to save Trahearne and kill Caithe off instead, I would do it. Which is sad since Caithe was one of the reasons I wanted to play a sylvari…but they just made her a complete idiot.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I like caithe – a lot more now that she’s a better fleshed out character through LS2.
Logan is and always was utterly forgettable. Eir is only a footnote because of Braham (and i guess her relation to Jora, if i recall that right). Zojja gets a nod on ascended weaponry, but she’s a little too… cliched a character to be really likeable.

Rytlock, on the other hand, is a good character and is rightly getting fleshed out further. I’m happy with that.

think you are mistaken there, eir carved a statue of jora but is not related to her

plus i feel all the original destinys edge were fleshed out quite well between the book (Edge of destiny), the personal story and the storymode of dungeons

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Caithe’s not dead but…
I really wish they would've given a little more character depth to Faolain and made her struggle vs. Mordremoth at the same time as struggling to uphold her desire for freedom from the Pale Tree's values. At least draw it out a little instead of making her a literal puppet at the end. :S But actually who knows as the next Living Story comes out. Mordremoth's heroes are supposed to be able to be reborn...maybe I forgot some fine detail in the ending story chapters that counteracts this possibility.

Why are my spoilers showing up as black text when everyone elses show up as a button you can click?….

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Caithe’s not dead but…
I really wish they would've given a little more character depth to Faolain and made her struggle vs. Mordremoth at the same time as struggling to uphold her desire for freedom from the Pale Tree's values. At least draw it out a little instead of making her a literal puppet at the end. :S But actually who knows as the next Living Story comes out. Mordremoth's heroes are supposed to be able to be reborn...maybe I forgot some fine detail in the ending story chapters that counteracts this possibility.

Why are my spoilers showing up as black text when everyone elses show up as a button you can click?….

It’s about what’s directly in front of the spoiler. If there is a character in front then the spoiler is considered part of the surrounding text and appears as a line.
If the spoiler is at the start of it’s line and there is a free line before that, then the spoiler appears as it’s own block.
Example inlineThere are 0 blank lines before this

There is 1 blank line before this

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Rytlock, Caithe and Zojja —- all the rest are forgettable

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

My 2 favorite characters in this game was always Caithe and Eir and this HOT story really took a dump on both.

Eir being the leader of DE and causing snaffs death and her struggle in the original story with that. The way some norn npc talked about her made her feel like a old hero who was just waiting to get torn down.

Caithes story and the sylvari in general is such a rich concept. Her love for another who doesnt feel the same and is forced to choose between so much. That and her bringing DE back together and knowing the true dangers of the Elder Dragons.

All in all the hot story was straight doo doo and felt rushed and incomplete.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

After her part in LS2 I would not mind seeing her killed off. Truly horrible storytelling that ruined her potential as a character as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

After her part in LS2 I would not mind seeing her killed off. Truly horrible storytelling that ruined her potential as a character as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, I was none too happy with watching Caithe simp around while Faolain was getting all the Mwahaha lines. Honestly, it was a little uncomfortable and heavily tinged with Faolain as a domestic abuser and Caithe as her browbeaten lover with nowhere to go. It spoke nothing of a character who should be renowned for craftiness and grit.

Wasn’t a fan of Eir, either, but even I have to recognize she got a raw deal in her storyline in HoT.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632