Posted by: Uman.6150

Uman.6150

… or maybe not?

Hint us Anet!

It's going to be a long wait...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Well, they said there’s going to be a demo at PAX East in 6 weeks, so the very earliest it could possibly come out would be after that. And I’d guess probably at least another 6 weeks after would be the soonest it could “reasonably” be released, just because there wouldn’t be much need for a demo if everyone would get to play it in a week or two anyway.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am still guessing at a release around the 10th anniversary of the series (April 26th).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

he said it will be done when its done so where looking at a 2018 release date.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

That’s too soon. At the earliest, I expect the game to fully come out before holiday season.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I expect early Q3 release (hope earlier, but that is my guess)

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I expect early Q3 release (hope earlier, but that is my guess)

I’d say that’s a reasonable date, giving the need for marketing, and betas and all that jazz.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

After summer.
I don’t see it coming anytime sooner.

Uman.6150

So the same year as How To Train Your Dragon 3, where Hiccup will have to face Mordremoth…

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

They have 6 weeks til a demo and then a beta after that. Id guess this xpac hits around the summer at earliest.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

April or August are my guesses. I’d love to see it for April, but August seems more likely.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

6 weeks unyil we play it at pax… 6 weeks after that is 10 year anniversary. Im going to bet on that

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

6 weeks unyil we play it at pax… 6 weeks after that is 10 year anniversary. Im going to bet on that

haha. doubt it. that would mean they have to release the beta immediately after pax and have 6 weeks to test every part of the xpac and make changes. sorry but thats crazy unrealistic.

lordkrall.7241

haha. doubt it. that would mean they have to release the beta immediately after pax and have 6 weeks to test every part of the xpac and make changes. sorry but thats crazy unrealistic.

To be fair what makes you so sure they haven’t already started with the beta by the time Pax East arrives?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I dont think its that unrealistic. Theyve already been working on this a long time, and we dont even know if the players will be able to beta test it other than pax. As someone mentioned in another thread, it seems they are taking the “apple approach”. The product is fairly done, we got hit hard with what were going to get and itll be released before the hype really dies down. Sure I could be wrong, but its still my bet.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I’m hoping for August to go along with the Third Anniversary.

Uman.6150

I dont think its that unrealistic. Theyve already been working on this a long time, and we dont even know if the players will be able to beta test it other than pax. As someone mentioned in another thread, it seems they are taking the “apple approach”. The product is fairly done, we got hit hard with what were going to get and itll be released before the hype really dies down. Sure I could be wrong, but its still my bet.

That was my thought originally. When their team was smaller in size, they could ship 1 complete expansion every 6 month with the GW1 model, with complete campains, professions, maps, new skills, etc.

As more than half their team has been working on this project for quite a while, it should be nearing completion (unless it was also a small team working on HoT, and the rest of the staff is working on an other project, who knows?).

Also, if I’m not mistaking, Arenanet said it was kind of a mistakes to tease for GW2 right before the release of EOTN, about 5 years before the release, and I think they’d announce it only when it would be nearing completion.

Anyway, I bet with a friend it would be out within 2/3 month, we’ll see…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

That was my thought originally. When their team was smaller in size, they could ship 1 complete expansion every 6 month with the GW1 model, with complete campains, professions, maps, new skills, etc.

This is a common misconception and, being a bit of an “unofficial historian” for ArenaNet, I want to post the actual release dates for our games and the one expansion we’ve released so far:

• Guild Wars: April 28, 2004
  • Guild Wars Factions (second standalone campaign): April 28, 2005
  • Guild Wars Nightfall (third standalone campaign): October 27, 2006
  • Guild Wars: Eye of the North (first and only expansion pack): October 27, 2006

Then:

• Guild Wars 2: August 28, 2012

Your mileage may have varied by a few days if you pre-ordered a game or the expansion pack, but those are the official release dates and as you can see at no time did we have a release cadence of every six months.

Just setting the record straight.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Uman.6150

My bad, I took note from the GW1 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Campaign

Guild Wars Factions (April 2006)
Guild Wars Nightfall (October 2006)

EDIT: also, the real wikipedia is with me Oo : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_Factions April 28, 2006 (Retail)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_Nightfall October 26, 2006 (Retail)

lordkrall.7241

My bad, I took note from the GW1 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Campaign

Guild Wars Factions (April 2006)
Guild Wars Nightfall (October 2006)

Which were also the only case of those 6 months thingy, while all other releases had basically a year between them.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This is a common misconception and, being a bit of an “unofficial historian” for ArenaNet, I want to post the actual release dates for our games and the one expansion we’ve released so far:

• Guild Wars: Eye of the North (first and only expansion pack): October 27, 2006

Then:

Your mileage may have varied by a few days if you pre-ordered a game or the expansion pack, but those are the official release dates and as you can see at no time did we have a release cadence of every six months.

Gwen, you might want to check the dates. I know that Nightfall did not release on the same date/year as Eye of the North.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

You have the year numbers off a bit Gaile
GW1 was 2005; Factions, 2006; Nightfall was indeed 2006; but EotN was 2007.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Uman.6150

I recalled that from a video saying something "we prove to ourself our team could create an expension over a 6 month cycle, and we decided we wanted to do more, and we decided to restart from scratch and worked on guildwars 2 in order to completely change the gameplay and add things we could never do before (jumping, “MMO”, etc.)"

If someone could post a link to that video, I’d appreciate it a lot

EDIT: Found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2#Development first paragraph.

(edited by Uman.6150)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My bet is on the 3rd Anniversary as well.

In another thread Gaile stated we’d start getting the flow of information “in early February,” so inside of 2 weeks?

Posted by: iwakuraisa.9503

iwakuraisa.9503

LMFTFY
Guild Wars: April 28, 2005
Guild Wars Factions (second standalone campaign): April 28, 2006
Guild Wars Nightfall (third standalone campaign): October 27, 2006
Guild Wars: Eye of the North (first and only expansion pack): August 31, 2007

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The beta is end of March isn’t it…so I reckon a Sep/Oct release of this year. That’s actually the best time of year to release something and usually results in the best sales. You get a massive boom on release day/week obviously and it will be bought as a xmas present between then and xmas. Plus in US/Eur video gameplaying increases massively because of Winter and no one wanting to venture outside into the arctic wastes…

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

The wait might be long, but thinking about it logically, we know there will be a playable demo in 6 weeks on a show floor in a convention. So it might not be as long as some may fear.

Once we see the state of that demo build we can speculate more on a potential release schedule, however, even now I would say it is unlikely they want to let the enthusiasm of the reveal to go to waste. So it is probably possible to draw some conclusions about how much and how detailed information we will receive in these coming 6 weeks and at the convention and then estimate a potential release window they might be aiming for.

If I was in charge, I would try my hardest to either aim for late summer 2015 or the holiday season for 2015.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

The financial statement listed significant revenue increase in Q3, so early Q3 would be my guess. The anniversary would also be a good guess.

Crise.9401

The financial statement listed significant revenue increase in Q3, so early Q3 would be my guess. The anniversary would also be a good guess.

Is this the same prediction by 3rd party company that has suddenly been made official by the internet or something actually out of NCSoft.

Posted by: ectogasm.8764

ectogasm.8764

I also want to say around the summer or just in the beginning of Sept..or the middle of sept. for my bday…just a thought…

“The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you?
I’m talking to you every night more than I should do”

Posted by: Tsuko.7649

Tsuko.7649

Then:

So actually your saying We could expect the release to be August 28, 2015 ?

How do you prove you exist? Maybe we dont exist.

Erukk.1408

Said 3rd party companies usually have insider sources on the matter though, and in the end of the day only care about their own investors and profits. They wouldn’t publish such predictions if they didn’t have some knowledge on the matter, because if they are wrong it costs them and their investors a huge amount of money.

lordkrall.7241

Said 3rd party companies usually have insider sources on the matter though, and in the end of the day only care about their own investors and profits. They wouldn’t publish such predictions if they didn’t have some knowledge on the matter, because if they are wrong it costs them and their investors a huge amount of money.

You mean like the expansion that was released 2013?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Crise.9401

^ This, that same company has been repeatedly making similar predictions for each year thus increasing their chances of being correct as time passed.

Erukk.1408

I’m sure they got burned horribly because of those predictions, but that doesn’t make this prediction, that seemingly turned out true, false though.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Is this the same prediction by 3rd party company that has suddenly been made official by the internet or something actually out of NCSoft.

http://i.imgur.com/Tu3G4R2.png

I maintain that no forecast is ever truly factual, no matter the source. It is a prediction, which can make for a good guess, and I did use the term “guess” on purpose. It does not prove anything, nor did I intend it as proof.

lordkrall.7241

I’m sure they got burned horribly because of those predictions, but that doesn’t make this prediction, that seemingly turned out true, false though.

I seem to recall them doing the same prediction for 2014, and clearly we didn’t have an expansion pack then either.

They are basically just guessing and sooner or later they might get it right.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Erukk.1408

I seem to recall them doing the same prediction for 2014, and clearly we didn’t have an expansion pack then either.

They are basically just guessing and sooner or later they might get it right.

Wouldn’t it be a surprising turn of events if they knew Anet was working on this expansion since 2013, and they were simply guessing that year and 2014 given gw1’s campaign release schedule?

There isn’t really a debate here though it seems. I’m not arguing about their failed predictions in 2013 and 2014. Especially since a lot of people thought the same exact thing using gw1 as an example. All I’m saying is that they seemingly did predict an expansion this year. Was it by coincidence? Possibly, but that doesn’t make it false though or any less correct.

If I had to semi-trust anyone to possible predict a baseline for when the expansion might launch, I’d rather look toward someone who might have inside information and a stake (their $$$) on the matter than baseless player speculation. They might have been wrong before, but they still have more creditability than random people off the internet.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Actually Mike didn’t say playable demo at PAX East, he said a playable version of HoT, which to me means the entire thing will be playable at PAX East, whether they actually let anyone play the entire thing or limit it to a few areas is a different story, and the most likely scenario being limit it to a few select areas. Since a playable demo in most cases is usually only a small portion and the only part that has been completed in recent years, and everyone is assuming there’ll be a Beta too, that’s not a given.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I speculate Q3 this year. The trailer looks like a relatively fleshed out game. Do remember that NCSoft is expecting large profits in Q3 from GW2. I don’t have a link to the data, but it’s been bouncing all over the forums in recent weeks.

Then again… Q3 might be when they allow pre-orders, rather than the actual game itself. If this is the case, I must beseech all of you in the community to not buy a pre-order. We have to drive the point that pre-orders are not an okay practice. Don’t give a corporation your money for an unfinished product. Doing so is what makes EA and Ubisoft think it’s okay to push out unfinished games. Don’t let NCSoft become EA/Ubisoft. What’s worse, pre-orders set it up so that they can withhold some content that you will miss out on if you don’t give them money right away (like full multiplayer maps in some EA games).

I have foolishly payed for pre-orders in the past, let’s not keep validating pre-orders. I’m not saying HoT WILL have a pre-order or WILL withhold some content from you if you don’t pay up right away, but if they do I hope you don’t give in.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Pretty much this, lol.
Typical Anet’s words.

’’ It will be done when it’s done. ’’

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m liking the whole Heart of Thorns expansion thing, but I don’t know how excited I’ll be when it takes months for it to actually come :-/ I remember waiting what seemed like forever, for the announcement of a release date for GW2, let alone it actually being available – so I can only imagine how long the expansion will take to actually be released.

I reckon April/June >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor