Jewelcrafting & cooking 500 skill cap

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lilium.4270

Lilium.4270

Hi!

There’s been alot of talk about things like specializations, masteries and revenants on the forums since the announcement of the expansion but what worries me is that not only has the crafting forum disappeared but cooking and jewelcrafting has yet to recieve a bump up to the maximum crafting level(500). My question is, will heart of thorns remedy this in any way or is that something which will be added post expansion?

Personaly I think its time that these skills get the upgrade all the other crafting skills got with the introduction of ascended crafting. Ascended crafting was introduced a long time ago and its long overdue that cooking and jewelcrafting recieves the same treatment.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

No information on this at all. They did say they announced all major features of HoT already, so the question then becomes, would they consider such a change a major feature, or a minor tweak.

Personally, I figure if they do something like this, it will be part of a feature pack rather than an expansion. So, wait and see with the rest of us

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I would like to see these professions boosted to 500 as well.

I get there’s the whole laurel/ecto and relic economy with ascended jewelry, but ascended weapon and armor is still heavily gated.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

as invictus said, all major features have been announced… so don’t get your hopes up. hope for the feature patch treatment remains though. no matter how good the 3 or 4 new zones will be, people will eat ‘em up pretty fast. they’ll need something to keep the people happy while they’re working on a proper expansion next

Lilium.4270

Well, I guess I’ll have to wait and see like everyone else! I just hope its not too far off into the future. Feels like it’s something that’s kind of long overdue.

Personaly I would love to start my own food cart and take bloodstone dust to the streets!(Haha!)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I do not expect either of those to ever get the grandmaster treatment.

Ascended food is silly, and the jewelry is already available for laurels.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

As for trinkets, we have alternative ways to get them (i.e. laurels, Guild Commendations, WvW tokens, etc.), so I do not see the necessity to bring JewelCrafting up to 500. It would be redundant.

To bring Cooking up to 500 would also be redundant as it would mean to increase the stats given by food buffs, which is not in line with how GW2 works (no vertical progression).

IMO, keeping those two professions at 400 is perfectly logical.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Im betting they give it to us as something to do up until the patch comes out. Always have to stay optimistic about these kinds of things

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I agree that ascended food is not a great idea. Food is already fairly powerful as-is, increasing it wouldn’t be a great idea or all that needed. I guess MAYBE they could do something else with it (the current food would remain for the current stat changes and ascended food would do something else entirely, though I don’t know what) but I think its fine as-is.

Jewelcrafting, though… I don’t really see why that shouldn’t happen. Yah, there are plenty of ways to get ascended jewelry right now, but more couldn’t hurt. More options are always nice. Its not strictly “needed” perhaps, but that’s not really a reason why it can’t / shouldn’t happen. And it might provide a way to create some of the currently unavailable stat combos, which could come in handy.

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

jeweler 500 theres still space for Utility infusions rings /accessories
because there are people out there like me
who not give a dam thing on wvwvw or fractals
so i would prefer to use “not working” magicfind or karmic infusion for the train
also they could introduce leather accessories to cut leather suplly a bit

cooking 500 could also be 50%perma magicfind with50%health reduce for 30min
or something
i would take it because on full zerk farm chara i need no heal

yes all süeculation but there are ways to do it …

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I thought they said that they only announce new (never seen before) content but that didn’t mean that new dungeons/fractals were also in the works. That could also mean that level 500 Jeweler and Chef are also in the works since the crafting professions aren’t new to the game just the level increase, it wasn’t announced.

Are you not expecting to have new weapon and armor skins, because they didn’t announce them?

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Lilium.4270

Maybe Anet could branch cooking and do something fun with it(I dont know exactly what). Maybe make foods which specifically alter certain types of skills in some way(meditations, signets, clones, traps etc)

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I would expect any potential change to a segment of crafting professions to be released in a normal content update, instead of being tied to an expansion.

I should be writing.

Lilium.4270

Just to clarify: I didnt mean jewelcrafting and cooking at the max skill level should be exclusive to HOT. Im just curious why these professions have’nt recieved the same treatment as the others. I mean, its been quite a while. Hence why I was wondering if they will be bumped up sometime closer to the release of the expansion

Posted by: Abjurer.9302

Abjurer.9302

I was hoping that a 500 jeweler would be able to craft an ascended breathing apparatus to give it something unique.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I hope. Ascended Breather’s and Ascended Food /drool

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

This n
eeds to be base game, not expansion stuff.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i could see ascended food as adding a tiny increase to current stats and adding a 4th bonus (likely a karma/exp/magicfind/w/e)
For example, bowls of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup currently give the following: 100 power, 70 ferocity, and 10% Experience from kills and lasts for 1 hour. The ascended version of this could give 105 power, 75 ferocity, 15% Experience from kills, and 5% WvW XP gain from kills and lasts for 1 hour. The increases are small, but the food itself is still useful.

Could you not see a full ascended booster food being completely awesome (like omnomberry bar that gives 30% magic find, 40% gold from monsters and 10% xp from kills)? Maybe an ascended version could have something like 30% magic find, 10% gold gain (universal as opposed to kills), 10% xp (universal), and 5% Karma gain.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

As for trinkets, we have alternative ways to get them (i.e. laurels, Guild Commendations, WvW tokens, etc.), so I do not see the necessity to bring JewelCrafting up to 500. It would be redundant.

To bring Cooking up to 500 would also be redundant as it would mean to increase the stats given by food buffs, which is not in line with how GW2 works (no vertical progression).

We also have alternative ways to get all levels of non-ascended trinkets. By that standard jewelers shouldn’t exist at all.

Why does bringing cooking up to 500 mean an increase in the stats of food buffs? Why couldn’t it just be an increased duration for the buffs, or a reduction in the amount of ingredients?

Brave Mallyki.1563

I hope. Ascended Breather’s and Ascended Foot /drool

Ascended Foot

PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon

Posted by: Toepac.9076

Toepac.9076

I think there is room for tinkering 500 in the form of ascended infusion.
And maybe cooking 500 in the form of ascended dyes? (some nice dye effects maybe?)
Dont think theyll add food with better stats, since its probably against their idea of game progression.

long story short, there are possibilities here, but probably not for HoT

Brave Mallyki.1563

I think there is room for tinkering 500 in the form of ascended infusion.

Or, some components that allows for stat and rune/sigil swapping.

Ascended runes and sigils???

PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon

(edited by Brave Mallyki.1563)

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Its narrow minded to think that these wont ever see 500 because of ascended jewellery and thay ascended food is silly. There are plenty of applications and there are still ascended material spaces in our bank slots we have yet to see.

Jeweler could offer ascended jeweled infusions or even open up the way to legendary trinkets with switchable stats. Heck even jewels that give effects like the preserved queen bee.

As for cooking they already been dropping hints of ascended food. It could easily be 3 bouns food items, potions, ect that would be account bound and require you to learn the craft.

They added 500 crafting and ascended gear to every other profession because before there really was not a strong incentive to craft. The same really goes for cooking and jeweller until they bump it.

We might not see it soon but I think we will see it someday.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Lilium.4270

Im hoping arenanet takes cooking in a fun and interesting direction once they decide to increase the skill cap. Cooking was a very fun profession to level up so im hoping arenanet gets creative with this one. There’s already a plethora of foods which increase stats so im hoping for something which alters skills in some way.

In regards to jewelcrafting I hope I will be able to craft ascended trinkets(accessories) because I rarely get to do guild missions and I have always wanted to craft my own gear in almost every MMO I have played.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

And maybe cooking 500 in the form of ascended dyes? (some nice dye effects maybe?)

I really like this idea. It may cut into their gemstore dye sales though, but if they could make it work, this would be awesome.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I do not expect either of those to ever get the grandmaster treatment.

Ascended food is silly, and the jewelry is already available for laurels.

I seriously doubt they’ll permanently keep an imbalance for 2 out of 8 crafting professions. Besides, why is ascended food silly? That’s just an opinion, and who says the food for 400-500 has to be ascended using bloodstone dust, etc. materials, anyway. It could be something else entirely.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Why does bringing cooking up to 500 mean an increase in the stats of food buffs? Why couldn’t it just be an increased duration for the buffs, or a reduction in the amount of ingredients?

More dyes too. I like Toepac’s idea of “dye effects.”

I seriously doubt they’ll permanently keep an imbalance for 2 out of 8 crafting professions. Besides, why is ascended food silly? That’s just an opinion, and who says the food for 400-500 has to be ascended using bloodstone dust, etc. materials, anyway. It could be something else entirely.

An ascended cooking pot. Elonian wine. Or INFUSED VEGETABLES!

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

An ascended cooking pot. Elonian wine. Or INFUSED VEGETABLES!

Yeah, I could really get into making my own crafted drinks.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

i’d like to see these 2 get grandmaster as well. perhaps ‘ascended’ foodstuffs could get unique effects – say 33% chance for fury and might on critical hit and +15% boon duration. besides, we have yet to get a use for crystalline ingots and xunlai electrum.

who knows, we might be totally wrong and it turns out grandmaster adds some radical new element to the crafting professions.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

My conclusion is there’s no point is adding 500 jewelary and cooking because:
1. You get easy ascended trinkets without spending much money
2. Food is already too OP

So it’d just become a gold sink more than anything.

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Firebreath chili -> timed fireburst.
Maybe small trinkets for jewelery for like infinity ember summons. bottles with new unique summon.

there can be so many interesting stuff. Not to mention “lazy” +5% stats, or cheaper 100/70 food.

(edited by NiBlack.3149)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

To all of you naysayers… here is an image of a Dev talking about how she and her friend are excited about their ideas for 500 Jewelry.

Jewcrafting 500 confirmed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

People who say this are totally uninspired and have no clues, what ANet could do all with Jewelry 500.
Theres more than enough unused potential for jewelry 500 to give it a reason to raise it to 500 too like all other craftign professions.

Only because there are other ways currently how to obtain ascended trinkents also doesn#t mean, that this must be so forever the case.
Anet could change that system whenever they want or they think, the old system becomes obsolete with some made game improvements and added new systems.
We see soon massive changes to the combat system and you seriously believe, that Naet can’t or won’t change if needed also too the current system of how you obtain acended trinkets???

lol, don#t make me laugh, cause if people really believe this, then this is very naive.

Just to mention some potential that ANet could add to the game with Jewelry 500 alongside of becoming able to craft ascended rings, earrings and necklaces:

• Ascended Sigils (either with a slightly more powerful effect, or with the QoL effect, that you can remove and add them to equipment as you like, making them not permanently bonded to equipment)
  • Ascended Runes (see above)
  • Legendary Rings, Earrings, Necklaces and their “Precursors” (for more visual fluff effects and “Skill Skins” for more visual character customization )
  • Ascended Gemstones (theres ascended materials currently with no usage, Xunlai Electrum, Crytal Ore and there could be also added other missing things, like Diamonds as ascended material for that, just suprised, why there aren’t yet diamonds in GW2, when it was a material in GW1)

Just to name some of the most logical things that Net could add to the game to make Jewelry 500 a good and strong craftign job with some good unique crafting items to craft, that would allow you to customize your character more and add some QoL to the Game with it.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I never understood why they never turned it on. I mean they already added it ingame, the mats and everything have been added to the bank storage for over a year. It’s very odd. It’s like they just got lazy and said “eh we did most of them, i’m sure the players won’t mind if we just stop here”

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

The food would probably be like the Ram Festival food.

Orpheal.8263

About Exotic/Ascended Food – if its not better in regard of Stats, theres always the option for exotic and ascended food to have significantly longer duration times.

Currently the maximum is just 1 laughable hour.
Exotic Food could have durations of say 2-3 hours.
Ascended food could have say durations of max 6 hours.
With both being also “plates”, so that other players can use them also too, that will make them very valuable.

With their durations being under 12h, the value of that gemstore item that will raise durations to 12h won’t get affected. But with exotic/ascended buff food and potions with such durations, you could make with your friends then also finally a longer gamign session, without needing to think about it, that your buffs might run out in the middle of a combat.
The gemstore Item could get improved as little compensation then with the effect of it being “accountwide”, that when you use that on a character that used a buff, that the gemstore item will make its effect for 12h accountwide for all of your characters then …, this way the value of the gemstore item will even increase and make it a better QoL item with that you can safe a bit money also too then.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Redundancy is good.

It gets us back to the “Play how you want” design goal that ArenaNet expressed early in the game’s life. Players should have many different ways to approach rewards.

Being able to craft Ascended accessories would be a boon for players who don’t want to do guild missions (hey, they were fun the first several dozen times) or be gouged 50(!) Ecto by the Laurel merchant.

Back items are already crafted via the Mystic Toilet.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

Redundancy is good.

It gets us back to the “Play how you want” design goal that ArenaNet expressed early in the game’s life. Players should have many different ways to approach rewards.

Being able to craft Ascended accessories would be a boon for players who don’t want to do guild missions (hey, they were fun the first several dozen times) or be gouged 50(!) Ecto by the Laurel merchant.

Back items are already crafted via the Mystic Toilet.

Redundancy can be good, but if the Ascended jewellrycrafting progression is anything like the other ascended crafting recipes the resources and time consumed would be so ridiculously disproportionate to the other methods. 50 ectos is nothing compared to the materials that would otherwise be consumed.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

People who say this are totally uninspired and have no clues, what ANet could do all with Jewelry 500.
Theres more than enough unused potential for jewelry 500 to give it a reason to raise it to 500 too like all other craftign professions.

Only because there are other ways currently how to obtain ascended trinkents also doesn#t mean, that this must be so forever the case.
Anet could change that system whenever they want or they think, the old system becomes obsolete with some made game improvements and added new systems.
We see soon massive changes to the combat system and you seriously believe, that Naet can’t or won’t change if needed also too the current system of how you obtain acended trinkets???

lol, don#t make me laugh, cause if people really believe this, then this is very naive.

Just to mention some potential that ANet could add to the game with Jewelry 500 alongside of becoming able to craft ascended rings, earrings and necklaces:

• Ascended Sigils (either with a slightly more powerful effect, or with the QoL effect, that you can remove and add them to equipment as you like, making them not permanently bonded to equipment)
  • Ascended Runes (see above)
  • Legendary Rings, Earrings, Necklaces and their “Precursors” (for more visual fluff effects and “Skill Skins” for more visual character customization )
  • Ascended Gemstones (theres ascended materials currently with no usage, Xunlai Electrum, Crytal Ore and there could be also added other missing things, like Diamonds as ascended material for that, just suprised, why there aren’t yet diamonds in GW2, when it was a material in GW1)

Just to name some of the most logical things that Net could add to the game to make Jewelry 500 a good and strong craftign job with some good unique crafting items to craft, that would allow you to customize your character more and add some QoL to the Game with it.

Sigils and Runes aren’t a jewelry-crafting thing, that would be a fairly odd left turn. Trinkets have no visuals attached to them and adding them would just create visual clutter, and take a whole lot of extra coding I can’t see Anet going to.

I’ll pay you Ascended gemstones, but is that really enough to justify the effort of grinding painfully up to 500?

Orpheal.8263

But they are UPGRADES, just like GEMSTONES, thats what combines them and makes it completely legit, if Jewelers 500 would make it possible for you in general tocraft UPGRADES of any sorts.

All Craftign Jobs can create Runes and Sigils, but I think Jewrlers should be from all Craftign Jobs the Specialists, that know as only Crafting profession when they get to ascended state, how to evolve Exotic Runes and Sigils to Ascended Runes and Sigils.
Ascended Jewelers should be more about, than only ascended/legendary accessoires.
Ascended Runes and Sigils would come just right in for them as a 3rd option, that gives them a good reason to make Jeweler 500, to add something unique for them for why it’s needed to become an ascended jewel crafter.

And getting Jeweler 400 to 500 is no painful grind, if you do it right, using the Crafting Booster to make it easier for you to gain quicker Crafting Levels.
Then theres this *+10% Crafting Critical Success +10% Crafting Critical Success * that can help you also when you are in a big guild that has this active.

Just like for all other ascended crafting jobs, would Anet reset all the crafting recipe unlocks for Jewel Crafting, so that we can do them again for an easy headstart, that should with boosts bring you easily to 425 so that you can start the new added ascended recipes that use the unused crafting materials like Crystal Ore to make out of them Crystalline Ore to make out of it Ingots which you need then again together with Gold, Silver and Platinum to make out of that most likely Xunlai Electrum that is needed then for the 450+ to 500 recipes together with Globs of Ectoplasm and the current exotic insignias ect. .

The “grind”, that is expensive are basically only the last 50 levels, where the time gated stuff begins, should you be able to make Xunlai Electrum only once every day…
Thats the general problem and thats what should get removed in general, that obnoxious obsolete time gating system that is no fun, but nothing else than a pure annoyance for every player to artificially slow the player progress down, what is its only purpose, why it exists.

Wouldn’t that senseless time gating be there, I’m sure, alot people wouldn’t think of ascended craftign as being “grind”

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

I think both crafting disciplines can easily have a purpose at lv500 without any issue. People believing it will not happen because it is not needed are just unimaginative IMO.

-Jeweller : alternative way to get ascended trinkets, ascended trinkets with visual effects (earrings, glows, whatever), ascended trinkets with switchable stats, …

-Chef : infinite-use food, food with visual effects, food with new effects (maybe more active ?), …

I think it’s not coming for now because :
-they haven’t decided/finalized what/how they wanted to do it,
-it’s not a high priority thing as long as HoT is still to be launched.