Lack of New Armor Skins

Lack of New Armor Skins

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Espoir.3061

Espoir.3061

Overall, I’m on the fence about Heart of Thorns. There are some major positives, but also some extreme negatives. Everyone has been quite vocal about the ‘grinding’ nature of the game on both sides. However from scanning through the forums I didn’t notice many people bringing up this issue.

In the original game there were quite a few armor skins released! Now there were very few that I liked personally, however it gave players options that suited their tastes. I expected Heart of Thorns to have a bunch of new armor skins that I couldn’t wait to look at! After release I quickly realized there were only 2 or 3 new sets for each weight class. I found this extremely disappointing!

They were planning this expansion for what seems like forever! They had plenty of time to devote to new armor sets. They have made part of the community happy by releasing outfits. However I love to mix and match my armour which isn’t allowed with outfits. I really hope that they release a lot more in the future, preferably available IN THE GAME; not something that you have to buy additionally through the gem store. I bought this game, why should I have to pay again for something that should have been available?

This expansion cost more than the original game for me, I expected much more….

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Really?

Come on…take your head out of the sand for a second.

We got TONS of new armor skins during the time when there was no xpac.

With HoT, we don’t need a billion skins because we got actual content.

Ever think that maybe we didn’t get skins because the devs were busy giving us:
– Entirely new zones
– New progression for every profession in the form of Elite Specializations
– An entirely new targetting/control system (action combat system)
– Massive guild halls
– Complete new crafting profession
– 3 new Legendaries
– New legendary crafting system that gives depth to the path of getting legendaries
– Gliding system with customizeable and dyable glider skins
– New WvW borderlands
– Entirely new sPvP game mode and map
– Custom PvP arenas for guild halls
– New levels of Fractals
– Motherkittening raids

I mean come on…consider for a moment what it takes to create all of that and then consider that there are at least 2 complete new armor skins (not including the new outfit that you got for free pre-release and the new outfit on the gemstore) and several new weapon skins on top of unique weapon skins and armor skin for Elite Specializations.

If this dissappoints you, don’t ever expect to be impressed by anything a developer will come out with.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

So if we are motivated by new skins and got TONS OF NEW SKINS before HoT, what’s the point for us to buy HoT if it doesn’t have what we liked about Guild Wars 2 to begin with?

Hard to imagine but some of us look at content as that stuff you do to get the real reward, new armor skins. I was all stoked about earning new armor skins through gameplay rather than just gold and then there are only 2 and I don’t like either for any weight class. Fashion Wars 2 is the real reward for some of us.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

Fashion Wars 2 with no fashion.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

What I find interesting, is that before HoT, there were at least 5 armour sets per weight that were datamined, and only 3 of those sets have turned up. Odd.

Considering HoT is more of a rolling thing with the new legendaries coming in instalments, it makes me wonder, will those extra armour sets turn up in later updates for HoT-buyers. Possibly along with new zones even? There is a little void above rata summ with no zone, so who knows.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

The apologists are going to come at you in full force, but even they know it seriously doesn’t fly.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Tenpenny.6750

Tenpenny.6750

If I’d seen this post earlier I wouldn’t have posted a thread regarding this issue myself.

Collecting, combining and customizing armor is actually very high on my list of favorite things to do in GW2.

But there isn’t really much to do in Heart of Thorns regarding this. I was expecting a broad selection of cool new armor styles to mix and match. Not just two new sets (which I find rather boring/ugly) and revamped guild armor.

Foolish as I apparently seem to be I was wondering if they would come up with a system that revolutionizes armor customization. Something like the carapax armor upgrades but with a range of minor details on every part you could choose from while upgrading…

Obviously I couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Really?

– Entirely new zones
– Massive guild halls
– 3 new Legendaries
– New legendary crafting system that gives depth to the path of getting legendaries
– New WvW borderlands
– New levels of Fractals
– Motherkittening raids

I mean come on…consider for a moment what it takes to create all of that and then consider that there are at least 2 complete new armor skins (not including the new outfit that you got for free pre-release and the new outfit on the gemstore) and several new weapon skins on top of unique weapon skins and armor skin for Elite Specializations.

If this dissappoints you, don’t ever expect to be impressed by anything a developer will come out with.

You’d have a point if day 1 Anet didn’t drop skins in the cash shop, I mean people literally had just bought the game…

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Why would AN give us armor skins in the actual game when they can sell them to us via the cash shop instead? Once upon a time, we were told by the developers that cosmetic rewards were going to be the end game. We just didn’t realize at the time all we needed to conquer the end game was a credit card.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Let the market dictate that cosmetic microtransactions are ok > tailor a games end game to cosmetic skins > put all skins in store > ??? > profit?

Lack of New Armor Skins

Tenpenny.6750

Why would AN give us armor skins in the actual game when they can sell them to us via the cash shop instead? Once upon a time, we were told by the developers that cosmetic rewards were going to be the end game. We just didn’t realize at the time all we needed to conquer the end game was a credit card.

The huge problem with this is: They don’t sell armor skins in the cash shop anymore. (another thing that really kittenes me off)

It has been all about those godkitten outfits for over a year now.

So with no new armor in the cash shop and almost no new armor in the expansion things look really grim for us armor skin aficionados.

My personal theory is that they are holding back more armor for future updates. But that would be really disappointing since Buy-to-Play should be about buying complete packages and right now there’s a huge chunk missing from the package I thought would have the same quality GW2 did.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: AVOCADO DREAM.2716

AVOCADO DREAM.2716

Really?

– Entirely new zones
– Massive guild halls
– 3 new Legendaries
– New WvW borderlands
– New levels of Fractals
– Motherkittening raids

Not trying to be rude… but do you have any idea how development works? You really shouldn’t be telling him to get his head out of the sand. Creating some new armor sets is nothing on the level of raids/guild hall content/ wvw borderlands maps. Armor sets have no functionality outside of cosmetics. It could take small team a couple of hours to come up with a decent armor set drawings and then a couple of hours to render it properly for the different races. It would take a big team much larger to design a WvW map because they have to consider every interaction and how it relates to gameplay. Like your point is so ludicrous it shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. And as to your point about expectations: there are more armor sets in the expansions for GW1 and those expansions took less time to develop. I don’t understand how it wasn’t an expectation after this long, especially when the core game has so few already. I remember being in awe at some game releases. They were able to create so much in so little time. This is the opposite. I’m impressed with how much grind and how little actual content Anet pumped out it in so much time.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There’s three sets at the very first frog-vendor in Verdant Brink.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

They were planning this expansion for what seems like forever! They had plenty of time to devote to new armor sets.

Yes, they had.

But they chose to devote said time to the Gem Store instead.

We get two – TWO – new armor sets at the release of HoT.

But, look at that! A full pack of new skins at the Gem Store! Why won’t you buy it, it’s “just” 2000 gems! As if HoT weren’t ridiculous overpriced as it is.

Looks like ArenaNet has released an expansion, but they just forgot two small details: content and skins. Instead, they have created grind and more stuff to be sold at the Gem Store.

Oh?

Are you saying that there are 3 new armor sets in the game?

Funny, because the patch notes say otherwise.

They very clearly say, “Two new armor sets are available”.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I wish a dev would come out to clear this up. So many questions.

Are ALL the armour sets in the wardrobe? Are some hidden?
Are more armour sets coming in future updates for HoT? Raid rewards possibly?

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Sorry to be the debbie downer here, but Anets investment goes into outfits and BL ticket weapon skins. Meaning you got to pay for them. That’s the direction they’ve decided on and that’s what you’ll get from now on. We are just going to have to deal with it.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

Sorry to be the debbie downer here, but Anets investment goes into outfits and BL ticket weapon skins. Meaning you got to pay for them. That’s the direction they’ve decided on and that’s what you’ll get from now on. We are just going to have to deal with it.

Well there are a few of us who are speaking with our wallet, for what good it will do.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i have less issues with the amount of armor skins but their quality – sometimes skins are pretty good but other times im wondering if the designer were drunk when they approved on some things…

I also dont have a problem to pay for armors (as long as theyre good) BUT please make armors and not outfits – outfits are stupid since they take any individualization ouf of the game

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They said two new sets at launch.

Bladed and leyline seem to be those sets.

That_Shaman did data mine a set back in the beginning of the year that had a basic and upgraded form and I now fear that was the legendary armor.

Which is incredibly sad because the medium armor was amazing and both leyline and bladed medium are awful.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

As a token of good will, they could just remove the class weight restriction on pieces when you use them for looks, mixing and matching pieces for some cool appearances.

And don’t give me that stale lore spiel, ‘cause Braham is wearing fur and hide armor and don’t give me the clipping spiel either since a lot of pieces of the same weight class already have very noticeable clipping. The only reason this isn’t in game already is due to dev laziness as proven by them continuing to make outfits and not armors.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Nike.2631

Oh?

Yes. Though we may be having a language barrier as I am referring to 18 distinct pieces as “3 sets”.

There’s another 18 pieces associated with claiming a guild hall, and another 18 pieces for the ley-stone armor.

Maybe the guild stuff is still locked, and only viewable through the wardrobe? The others are available now.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m fine with how many skins there are. I want to work on the leystone armor skins, some of the bladed skins, and the mistward skins. I have so much work to do for it all but i’ll get there eventually.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

That_Shaman did data mine a set back in the beginning of the year that had a basic and upgraded form and I now fear that was the legendary armor.

Which is incredibly sad because the medium armor was amazing and both leyline and bladed medium are awful.

nothing new that medium armor has the worst skins…you can really see that they are out of ideas of what to do altough i’d have a lot of ideas that are still missing

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

Oh?

Yes. Though we may be having a language barrier as I am referring to 18 distinct pieces as “3 sets”.

There’s another 18 pieces associated with claiming a guild hall, and another 18 pieces for the ley-stone armor.

Maybe the guild stuff is still locked, and only viewable through the wardrobe? The others are available now.

Only 2 ‘sets’ as there are only 2 new heavy chest pieces in the wardrobe. So if there are more random pieces I don’t know, but only 2 complete sets in wardrobe at this time. Unless I’m completely blind, which at my age is more and more likely.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Espoir.3061

Really?

– Entirely new zones
– Massive guild halls
– 3 new Legendaries
– New WvW borderlands
– New levels of Fractals
– Motherkittening raids

We are all looking for different things in a game. Guild Wars 2 put a high priority on cosmetics, as shown by there large amounts of armour sets in the beginning of the game, along with the overall appearance. This is one of the big reasons why GW2 was the perfect game for me!

However, I feel that HoT completely abandoned that notion. Two skins at the beginning is not sufficient. The ‘outfit’ that was given for free only satisfies those people who actually like outfits. I want to be able to customize my look, and expected to be able to do so further with the expansion. They had plenty of opportunities to add more armour options (more crafting recipes, masteries, etc). I was very disappointed.

Just because what YOU are looking for in a game is not compatible with what I am looking for, doesn’t mean I am wrong.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Substance E.4852

nothing new that medium armor has the worst skins…you can really see that they are out of ideas of what to do altough i’d have a lot of ideas that are still missing

Except they aren’t. They just seem to have literally one person who knows what they are doing and don’t let them design much.

I mean, this below is good medium/leather design. Instead we get rock armor and Shredder’s bathrobe…

Why can’t we have more of this and less bulk with a side of trench coat?

Attachments:

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Regardless of what I think about this… which is that I’m too distracted by having fun right now to care …yeah, this is weird.

For everyone who hasn’t played a lot of MMOs… it’s been rather the standard since day zero of the MMO that an expansion comes with new armors and weapons. However, I am a little reticent (as in a lot) to think this is it. That what we’ve encountered so far is the armor skins available. I’m currently functioning under the belief we simply haven’t encountered it yet. The way this expansion seems to work is first you do this, then this opens up, then you do this and zomg…
It doesn’t take very long to get very far, but by the time you’ve gotten very far you realize everything left seems fantastically better than where you are at now. My prediction is that we haven’t run into these skins yet because we haven’t unlocked the Merchants that sell them, the Adventures that give them, or whatever else is out there.

Also, it’s day 2. It took me a few months before I started to find much of the stuff in GW2 after launch. Heck, just a few weeks ago I saw some cargo-shorts like pants that I thought would look great on my Thief I’d never seen.

But ya, it’s still a little disturbing to see so few armors and weapon skins. I’ll admit that.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Nike.2631

Only 2 ‘sets’ as there are only 2 new heavy chest pieces in the wardrobe.

See, that’s just weird thinking to me. That would be 2 “heavy sets”. Along with 2 “light sets” and 2 “medium sets”. Why people consider SIX completely separate looks to be “two sets” is strange.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Nike.2631

Of course it’s the raid/Legendary armor: precursor and completed skins.

Thankfully the completed armor looks like goat crap, so I only have to worry about getting the ‘precursor’ state. Medium coat for sure and light boots caught my eye. The rest I’ll flatly ignore unless it falls from the sky by accident while getting those two pieces.

I’ll be picking up the bladed medium pants shortly. The rest, yeah… Silly, silly, silly design.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I could’ve sworn I saw a blog post a while back stating a change in their philosophy and that there would be more skins to be unlocked by playing the game. So either this hasn’t taken effect yet, or they meant, you can unlock those 2 skins in game after paying $50.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

See, that’s just weird thinking to me. That would be 2 “heavy sets”. Along with 2 “light sets” and 2 “medium sets”. Why people consider SIX completely separate looks to be “two sets” is strange.

Blame Anet, they called it 2 sets. Besides until my guardian can choose from all 6 it’s only 2 to me.

That and if you follow the 3x math then does that mean the original game launched with like 90 (rough guess) sets? So 6 sounds really bad as well. No matter how you cut the pie it comes up horribly short to those us for whom it matters.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Espoir.3061

It is only 2 armor sets per weight class. Making ‘6’ weapon sets is not much of an accomplishment. Imagine if they only released the original game with Aetherblade and Zodiac armor…. Nowhere near an adequate number

Lack of New Armor Skins

Substance E.4852

2 sets as in 2 themed sets.

Chaos weapons are one set just as the Arah armors or Carapace armors are a set each.

Even the armors in the gem store came in sets despite some having no central theme.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Cold hard facts:

Base game at launch: 60$.
HoT at launch: 50$.

Now is HoT bringing new content that’s roughly 5/6 of base game’s size? And that’s not considering they already have a foundation to build on unlike with base game.
…yeah i rest my case.

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Technically, yes, but some people main one class, so they are only ever going to benefit from the 2.

Or words to that effect.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Tenpenny.6750

Cold hard facts:

Base game at launch: 60$.
HoT at launch: 50$.

Now is HoT bringing new content that’s roughly 5/6 of base game’s size? And that’s not considering they already have a foundation to build on unlike with base game.
…yeah i rest my case.

Exactly. Base game had something around 45 sets (each with 3 distinct looks for each armor class).

HoT has 2 (3 if you count in the revamped guild armor).

That’s where my problem lies.

I don’t expect 5/6 of this amount but way more than 2 sets.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

We will maybe get tons of exclusive new raid only sets later.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

it is a big issue. 2 sets is absurdly low for an expansion they worked on for a year and a half. the reason we love the core game is because of the vast amount of customization we had (5 races/8 classes/30+ armor sets for each weight class…)….now with hot it’s outfits and one class.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dw they added a new outfit for ya

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

it is a big issue. 2 sets is absurdly low for an expansion they worked on for a year and a half. the reason we love the core game is because of the vast amount of customization we had (5 races/8 classes/30+ armor sets for each weight class…)….now with hot it’s outfits and one class.

Yeah .. we didn’t get any new sets in the gem-shop since we got the wardrobe, beside
the carapace set, so i expected that we at least get quite some new sets now.

But that together with the unfun unsoloable content where you have to grind
to get masterys that you only need to play content you will never play again
as soon as you have them … it really one of the last nails in the coffin

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

Yeah .. we didn’t get any new sets in the gem-shop since we got the wardrobe, beside
the carapace set, so i expected that we at least get quite some new sets now.

But that together with the unfun unsoloable content where you have to grind
to get masterys that you only need to play content you will never play again
as soon as you have them … it really one of the last nails in the coffin

i totally agree. not only is the new content unfun but there is really no reason to do it (after looking at the hp requirements i laughed and went back to pvp)…i have given up on the idea of playing a new elite in pve.

but new armor sets are something i actually would grind for…and would make sense-hey its a new area! but instead we are stuck with the same sets we have had for 3 years. further,it just guts crafting. i mean other than ascended why on earth would anyone choose armorer/tailor/leatherworker?

so for me the game hasn’t changed much (if at all) since hot release…i’m playing pvp and i got no new armor sets, some new reward tracks (one of them laughably has the makeshift weapons as a reward!) and a new map that i don’t play because it isn’t a pvp map (stronghold).

(edited by Selkirk.4218)

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

Yes, where are some wild and tribal-oriented armors? Srsly, it’s a jungle, ane we got only full plates! There is no good armor (IMO) for druid, why can’t you bring GW1 tattoos etc. back? Plz

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The apologists are going to come at you in full force, but even they know it seriously doesn’t fly.

Yeah the excuse making for the pathetic # of skins it’s just plain weird. And the “we got TONS of new skins” line is a total fallacy. We got a tiny handful & they sold us a bunch of other one.

& Anet wonders why people don’t find the games rewards rewarding. well if you put all the skins IN THE GAME, it might be rewarding. Grinding 500 new mats is not fun or rewarding.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

Glad they have the time to add more outfits…[slow clap]

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/25/gw2-upcoming-gemstore-items-from-hot-patch/

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

I am fine with the limited # of new armors, I just wish the medium armor skins would stop SUCKING SO HARD! Seriously. Awful.

Can we please get some more fur/light metals/ninja. Seriously, there are so many options other than a fricken tanktop/trenchcoat combo.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Really?

– Entirely new zones
– Massive guild halls
– 3 new Legendaries
– New WvW borderlands
– New levels of Fractals
– Motherkittening raids

I logged on purely to rebuke you.

Let’s look into the past, to guild wars first expansion, Factions.

Entirely new zones: Hell, factions got an ENTIRE CONTINENT worth of zones.
New class paths aka specializations: Guild wars was a different system, they got a whole slew of new skills for every class, both normal and elite skills. And factions got 2 new classes, not just one.
New targeting/control/action system: thats a nice, but optional thing.
Massive guild halls: Guild Wars 1 already started with these in the core friggin game, and the actual “Guild Wars” in the game’s history were long and done many years before the storyline of Guild Wars actually starts yet there was an actual focus on guilds and guild halls, not present in GW2 until now.
New crafting profession: Guild wars did not have crafting, unfortunately, though you could argue that reputations “kinda” took the place where you needed so much rep to buy certain weapons and such, instead of grinding for mats you’re grinding for reputation XP.
New Legendaries and Legendary crafting system: Guild wars did not have as many tiers. Guild wars only went white, blue, purple, gold, and later green was added but was NOT more powerful, it was just reserved for “named/unique” weapons, red was also added but those were PvP only and, again, were NOT more powerful than gold. Meanwhile GW2 has white, blue, green, yellow, orange, pinkish-purple, and purple, and they all would be stronger the higher up you go.
Gliders: GW2 only thing, hell GW1 pretty much never used the Z-axis and there was only a jump EMOTE.
New WvWvW map: guild wars 2 did not have WvWvW, irrelevant, and was the change for a new map even warranted?
New sPvP game mode and maps: factions gave us new pvp modes and maps, yes.
Custom pvp arenas for guild halls: You could kinda do duels in GW1 guild halls, but I digress, I’ll give this one to GW2
New levels of fractals: A gw2 only thing, irrelevant
Raids: Who friggin cares about raids? I can’t believe how many people think they are the be-all-end-all. We had raids in GW1, they were called Urgoz’ Warren and The Deep and they were tough as balls, god I can remember spending 4-5 hours on one friggin elite instance just to get what was almost always just a gold item.

GW1 didn’t have a cash shop until some time later, like eye of the north? And even then it was quite small of a cash shop. GW2 went full blown cash shop craziness. And the black market weapons you can’t even just pay for in the shop, you have to PAY TO GAMBLE FOR THEM (yes i realize you can just get them on the exchange). I’ve opened like 2 dozen black lion chests in my years of playing this since release, and to my entire account i have 2 ticket shreds, you think I want to blow money on gambling in this game?

I’ll be perfectly honest, GW1 shows it’s age, all they had to do was keep with the spirit of GW1 but just modernize the tech and a lot of people would have been made very happy. If GW1 was re-mastered I would give real thought to just going back to that.

GW2 devs lost their balls somewhere along the way and just completely took out anything relating to factions cause, despite them wanting to be oh so progressive and diverse, the korean company that owns their kitten doesn’t like asian diversity cause they all friggin hate each other, so the idea of anything factions was just insulting to them so NO FACTIONS FOR YOU!

I noticed I started rambling so I’ll just end it here.

Lack of New Armor Skins

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Looking in the Wardrobe, we’ve got 3 new Sets for each of the 3 Armor Classes: Bladed, Leystone and Guild Armor Sets.
Consider that most other games have often completely humanoid races (Such as WoW, with the exception of those KungkittenPandas, or ESO who have only humanoids with different heads, ears and teeth) whereas GW2 have Humanoids in Humans/Norn/Sylvari, Asura (Who are kinda humanoid but with a very different build, especially the heads) and Charr who are bipedal Cat monsters.

So in total, they had to make 3×3×3=27 different Armors in total.

And this is without mentioning the Weapons and Specialization Costume Pieces.

So I’d say they’ve got a pretty good coverage on that Front. Don’t forget that we got completely new animations to boot, that wasn’t just variations of existing animations. (I’m talking the likes of Daredevil/Revenant Staff Auto Chain/Melee Skills, Reaper’s Gravedigger, Scrapper’s Rocket Charge or Revenant Mace/Hammer.)

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

Looking in the Wardrobe, we’ve got 3 new Sets for each of the 3 Armor Classes: Bladed, Leystone and Guild Armor Sets.
Consider that most other games have often completely humanoid races (Such as WoW, with the exception of those KungkittenPandas, or ESO who have only humanoids with different heads, ears and teeth) whereas GW2 have Humanoids in Humans/Norn/Sylvari, Asura (Who are kinda humanoid but with a very different build, especially the heads) and Charr who are bipedal Cat monsters.

So in total, they had to make 3×3×3=27 different Armors in total.

And this is without mentioning the Weapons and Specialization Costume Pieces.

So I’d say they’ve got a pretty good coverage on that Front. Don’t forget that we got completely new animations to boot, that wasn’t just variations of existing animations. (I’m talking the likes of Daredevil/Revenant Staff Auto Chain/Melee Skills, Reaper’s Gravedigger, Scrapper’s Rocket Charge or Revenant Mace/Hammer.)

Using your math then there are like 300 sets in the core game, 27 is pretty pathetic in comparison….

Lack of New Armor Skins

Nike.2631

2 sets as in 2 themed sets.

Chaos weapons are one set just as the Arah armors or Carapace armors are a set each.

Even the armors in the gem store came in sets despite some having no central theme.

So when people see the new heavy armor that came with Revenants, are they calling that “1/3rd of a set”?

Lack of New Armor Skins

Carbon Footprint.3421

So when people see the new heavy armor that came with Revenants, are they calling that “1/3rd of a set”?

Missing the point. Whether is 2, 6, 27, etc when you compare that to the core game with the same ratio it is a fraction of the sets the core game had. Even if HoT came with 1/3 of the sets the core game did it would be a huge step in the right direction.

But as it stands there are the equivalent of 2 dungeon armor sets when there are 8 dungeons, not including karma, crafting, etc sets from the core game.