New legendary pre cost?

New legendary pre cost?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

There’s a lot of talk on the legacy precursors and their cost of aquisition. It’s clear that the cost is based on not breaking the economy and the current market in place for precursors. However…. since the new legendaries can not be sold nor can their precursors do you think they will still have a high gold cost for the second tier? I really hope the new precursors will be about the journey of getting it and not just a gold grind. What do you all think?

New legendary pre cost?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I think you will see a different cost approach than the older legendaries. Lindsey Murdock said that the older precursor collections were designed so that they were competitive enough with the current precursor prices on the TP.

With the newer precursors, there is no need to balance this.

However, please don’t expect new legendaries to be cheap at all.

I honestly expect them to be just as expensive as the older ones, but with more non-monetary tasks that need to be done.

New legendary pre cost?

Zalavaaris.5329

I think you will see a different cost approach than the older legendaries. Lindsey Murdock said that the older precursor collections were designed so that they were competitive enough with the current precursor prices on the TP.

I honestly expect them to be just as expensive as the older ones, but with more non-monetary tasks that need to be done.

I don’t expect them to be cheap or easy. I just don’t want the best way to aquire them to be heading to silverwates and chest farming.

New legendary pre cost?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I don’t expect them to be cheap or easy. I just don’t want the best way to aquire them to be heading to silverwates and chest farming.

Well that’s the best way to make gold, so unless you were expecting a legendary to cost 200 gold or so…

New legendary pre cost?

Zalavaaris.5329

Well that’s the best way to make gold, so unless you were expecting a legendary to cost 200 gold or so…

Well I guess I should specify. I know the finished legendary will be expensive and requiring farming. I just hope the finished precursor will be attainable through activities in the game that aren’t centered around farming gold. You know, a lot like they described it going around the world and completing things. They didn’t really talk about the expense other than the t6 mats for gifts etc.

New legendary pre cost?

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Here is what I would like to see done.

Make ALL Pre-cursors BoA. Remove the current pres from the TP with the listing refund, and BoA them.

When you world loot a Pre, its BoA.

I am SICK AND TIRED of everyone having every legendary cause they can pop out mom and dads CC to buy them.

Then Anet can go back and adjusted the collection for the pres cause they are no longer on the TP and have nothing to do with anything.

that’s how it should be.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

New legendary pre cost?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The new precursors will be account bound on acquire and will only be available through the collection, no forge, no drops.

Therefore they won’t have a direct price associated with them. They will almost certainly be more expensive than the current tier though. Significantly higher demand.