New legendary skins?

New legendary skins?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Ive kept away from legendaries since launch, because I flat out dislike the legendary skins. Joke weapons are a massive no-no, and the ones that aren’t joke weapons, are flashy in the wrong places. For example, things like Incinerator and Predator would look amazing, if it wasn’t for the flame effects. If Incinerator had an actual blade, rather than that plume of flame, and Predator didn’t breathe fire, they would be good looking weapons.

I don’t mind the hilt of a weapon being decorated, but having the blade decorated, in the case of Twilight, Sunrise and Incinerator, just ruins the skin.

First generation of legendaries were mostly joke weapons, and the few that weren’t were too decorated, to the point where it became tacky. Im hoping the second set will contrast this, being a set of feasible weapons, that still look “legendary”, but don’t look over the top. For example, I feel that something like Bonetti’s Rapier could pass as a legendary weapon, because its decorated, and pretty, but its not trying to induce epileptic fits within those who stand around me, nor does it scream “Hello! Im lore/immersion breaking!”

Opinions? Do you want a more humble set of legendaries, or more fun-themed weapons?

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Then what’s the point of the legendary other than the ability to switch stats? Save the more mundane skins for every thing else; legendaries deserve to be over the top… and if you want a legendary for the stats, just put a skin you like over it. Ever since the wardrobe came out, if you thought the legendaries were too flashy, you could just put a steel sword skin over it and still get the stats of a legendary weapon.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

someone linked me a legendary weapon (must have been bolt) in chat – it had the skin of a wooden sword

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

New legendary skins?

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

I’d like to see the more jokey weapons get some more… character neutral version. As good as Quip is, only a very few characters actually really fit that kinda of whimisical archetype.

That said, I’m not against more whimsical versions of more serious legendaries. At the end of the day, we just need more options to fit more characters.

Honestly I think the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity set is what I’d consider a good case for a great legendary. Extremely unique (I’ve never seen anything like that in other MMOs), easily able to fit in many character styles, able to be used for a more serious character style, yet has a whimsical painterly effect that works for other characters as well, even has different colour schemes available. I’d love a Sword version of those weapons actually.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

the beauty (or lack) of legendary skins is subjective.

They can’t please everyone. They would have to make thousands of designs for one single weapon just to limit the disgruntled folk. Obviously that’s not going to happen.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

I’m hoping for a lot of serious weapons that are elegant but still kind of flashy, like the predator or flameseeker prophecies.

Also hoping the greatsword isn’t gigantic.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

What I hope is that new skins will be completely different themed from first ones. And also different style.
For example lets look at Longbow. Its cool legendary if you wanna roleplay as some kind of nature guy. Lets say u wanna make Legolas ranger then obviously leaf and nature longbow will suit very nice.
However for my Charr warrior I’d prefer something more violent. When I draw arrow I wanna send flying arrow of pain and destruction, so for new legendary longbow I’d prefer some dangerous style etc…

Gunnar’s Hold

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’m hoping for a lot of serious weapons that are elegant but still kind of flashy, like the predator or flameseeker prophecies.

Also hoping the greatsword isn’t gigantic.

I too can’t stand greatswords in-game that are an oversized mess. There’s a difference between a very large sword that looks stylish (think Foefire’s Essence) and looking like some cartooney, disproportionate mess like almost everything in WoW. There are only two such weapons outside of the game that are ok, and that’s Cloud’s Buster Sword from FFVII and Guts’ massive piece of steel he uses as a sword in Berserk.

I have The Flameseeker Prophecies, and it is a fantastic legendary. It’s so good that it never received a visual upgrade, unlike most legendaries, and it doesn’t need one.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

New legendary skins?

Posted by: StevenMah.9854

StevenMah.9854

“Lamborghini should retain the price and engine, but have the body of a Toyota Yaris”

If the above sounds logical to you, then yes, Legendaries’ styling should not be flamboyant.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I definitely am not a fan of the idea of introducing boring legendaries.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

just give me your eternity and everything will be alright

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

if people want oversized swords, its up to them – you could also say the same thing about character names and ban anyone named stuff that breaks your RP immersion eg, big kitty charr, big bear dude etc

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement