Peach daily is gated.

Peach daily is gated.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

The Lake Doric peach daily is gated behind either having an available speed boost to go through the opening by Harvest Cascades and climb to the top to get peach. The final jump is too far without a speed boost. Or more frustratingly fighting your way into the centaur camp to the northwest corner and climbing the terrain. There is a ridiculous amount of mobs in the camp to the point anything but a tank with good healing is pretty much unable to reach the area. If there hadn’t been groups I never would have reached it with my warriors.

Given that this is an every day daily, it seems to be a frustrating gate to content for some character classes.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Yep, pretty much. One class i have that is fast has no problem, the rest of my toons. needs to find boosts. Running through the so called leather farm is just , as you noted, ridiculous. It needed a rework yesterday. The devs are losing it.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So equip a speed boost? Every single class has access to either a speed boosting trait, swiftness, or a leap skill that can make that jump.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Or more frustratingly fighting your way into the centaur camp to the northwest corner and climbing the terrain. There is a ridiculous amount of mobs in the camp to the point anything but a tank with good healing is pretty much unable to reach the area.

You can hug the wall or practically glide right in, no problem. Park an alt at the tree?

Attachments:

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

i must be missing something here. Are you talking about the peach daily or the POI in the camp? If its the peach daily, I’m not sure what ‘jump’ or mobs you are talking about. There’s a narrow cave you can enter just east of the little town (cave entrance is on a narrow ledge around a corner). There are no hostiles in there. Walk around the mesa in there til you find the place to jump up, and its 3 easy jumps (have to glide on two of them but its a very easy/short glide/jump). No hostiles there at all.

Now if your talking about the POI in the NE corner, you go to the peach guy using the back entrance. Theres a short run through a few elites/champs, but all classes can do it easily. Warrior is the easiest class to do it on, using SoR and Last Stand. Plan to die though once you get the POI if that kb herd is in that cave, getting out is the more difficult part due to having few coolsdowns left usually.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All classes have access to swiftness. There’s even food that gives it.

Yes, the jump is a bit of a pain without swiftness but I was able to do it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swiftness

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Peach daily is gated.

Healix.5819
I’m well aware of the wall hug path. Once you manage to work through the mass of mobs from both the buildings and that move around I can be made with a high healing tank style toon. I didn’t know about the path by Harvest Cascades the first couple weeks so I traveled that path many times. My hunters did it but there was always a mass of mobs even solo they rock. I got through it with Scrappers because I was unaware of the workaround. It’s just a real slog with half the mobs with knock down or being veterans.

OriOri.8724 I guess a work around is to respec just to make the jump, just the gate doesn’t make sense. I have max gliding and the final jump is just a bit too far without the boost. I don’t mind jumping puzzles, but requiring certain buffs to reach an every day daily seem counter-intuitive.

Mulzi.8273 Yes the peach daily. The final gliding jump to reach the upper ledge of the central platform is just too far without a speed boost, you loose elevation too quickly without it to make the landing.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Healix.5819
I’m well aware of the wall hug path. Once you manage to work through the mass of mobs from both the buildings and that move around I can be made with a high healing tank style toon. I didn’t know about the path by Harvest Cascades the first couple weeks so I traveled that path many times. My hunters did it but there was always a mass of mobs even solo they rock. I got through it with Scrappers because I was unaware of the workaround. It’s just a real slog with half the mobs with knock down or being veterans.

OriOri.8724 I guess a work around is to respec just to make the jump, just the gate doesn’t make sense. I have max gliding and the final jump is just a bit too far without the boost. I don’t mind jumping puzzles, but requiring certain buffs to reach an every day daily seem counter-intuitive.

Mulzi.8273 Yes the peach daily. The final gliding jump to reach the upper ledge of the central platform is just too far without a speed boost, you loose elevation too quickly without it to make the landing.

Not sure what profession you’re playing, but most of them have ways of doing it without respeccing, maybe changing a single skill.

Necro, ranger and thief have signets you can just slot in to run faster. That leaves only 6 professions. Guardians have staff and at least 2 speed skills. That leaves a five. Warriors have banners, and leaps. That leaves four. Mesmers who are chronomancers have built in speed. Others have access to a signet or a focus both of which give swiftness. THat leaves three. Engineers have a skill that gives swiftness and shotgun five skill is a ground targeted jump. I’m sure eles have a way to do it too, but I don’t play an ele that much. Also revenants with their elite spec have a skill which gives you swiftness.

So if anyone can fill in ele and revenant, there’s no real issue here, except having to change a skill or swap out a weapon.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Healix.5819

Not sure what profession you’re playing, but most of them have ways of doing it without respeccing, maybe changing a single skill.

Necro, ranger and thief have signets you can just slot in to run faster. That leaves only 6 professions. Guardians have staff and at least 2 speed skills. That leaves a five. Warriors have banners, and leaps. That leaves four. Mesmers who are chronomancers have built in speed. Others have access to a signet or a focus both of which give swiftness. THat leaves three. Engineers have a skill that gives swiftness and shotgun five skill is a ground targeted jump. I’m sure eles have a way to do it too, but I don’t play an ele that much. Also revenants with their elite spec have a skill which gives you swiftness.

So if anyone can fill in ele and revenant, there’s no real issue here, except having to change a skill or swap out a weapon.

You’re right. The only class without a utility or skill that gives swiftness is thief. However, they have the signet with passive 25% movement speed.

Peach daily is gated.

OriOri.8724

@Vayne – Eles have a trait where they move faster in air attunement. It could require a respec if you don’t run air, but that only takes a few seconds for anyone to do so I think its still reasonable.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Am I doing this wrong? I’ve never used a speed boost for the Peach Tree, and I kinda suck at JPs. Maybe there are alternate paths or something. /shrug

But, here’s a thought: All professions have access to the Experimental Rifle (I think it’s called). That might be helpful for the path some have trouble with.

Good luck.

Peach daily is gated.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a path in the wall near Harvest Cascades that goes into the area with the peach tree. You have to jump your way up and glide to ledges to reach the top. The last ledge is to jump glide requires some form of a speed/movement buff to make.

Before I was aware of this option I used to work my way up to the northwest corner of centaur camp and climb up on the wall to reach the upper ledge, from there you can go to the top and glide in to the peach tree. It’s not the jumping that’s difficult here it’s the mass of centaurs that you have to beat down or run through to get to place in the centaur camp.

So from what I understand, if you don’t already run a speed/movement buff, you need it to reach the Tree just to complete the same daily each day, to avoid the hard way through the centaur camp. I just thought it was a strange form of gating the daily. It just feels weird that you have to buff your character (which normally when you need this they give the buff by way of an NPC, quest, gathering, or the like) for a daily like in Bitterfrost.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a path in the wall near Harvest Cascades that goes into the area with the peach tree. You have to jump your way up and glide to ledges to reach the top. The last ledge is to jump glide requires some form of a speed/movement buff to make.

Before I was aware of this option I used to work my way up to the northwest corner of centaur camp and climb up on the wall to reach the upper ledge, from there you can go to the top and glide in to the peach tree. It’s not the jumping that’s difficult here it’s the mass of centaurs that you have to beat down or run through to get to place in the centaur camp.

So from what I understand, if you don’t already run a speed/movement buff, you need it to reach the Tree just to complete the same daily each day, to avoid the hard way through the centaur camp. I just thought it was a strange form of gating the daily. It just feels weird that you have to buff your character (which normally when you need this they give the buff by way of an NPC, quest, gathering, or the like) for a daily like in Bitterfrost.

I don’t run a speed buff, and I’ve been managing to get there via the route you describe. The jump onto the last column is pretty tricky, and you need to get it lined up perfectly to make it (aim to the left of it), but it is defintely possible without a speed buff.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Lean techniques are more important than a speed buff for nailing the final column, I find. Although admittedly I do still use both. I am not good at jumping puzzles.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

@Vayne – Eles have a trait where they move faster in air attunement. It could require a respec if you don’t run air, but that only takes a few seconds for anyone to do so I think its still reasonable.

they also have a passive speed buff utility, and speed on staff (4 in air).
Revenants have a superspeed in shiro.
(and thieves have speed on dodge trait, iirc)
Basically, every class has a good enough speed option. In most cases more than one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

All classes have access to swiftness. There’s even food that gives it.

Yes, the jump is a bit of a pain without swiftness but I was able to do it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swiftness

Yeah, I did it without swiftness this morning on my thief just using gliding (I specifically made sure that I didn’t use any form of swiftness because I’d seen a few of these threads yesterday). You do not need swiftness for this.

This was because I wanted to see if I could get up to the top right centaur POI without being killed by centaur-ninja-snipers (mind you, I forgot to get a peach and just ran straight past the guy, forgot it was a daily).

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Yeah it isn’t that hard when you learn how to get there. No speed buffs are needed for any of the jumps, just gliding + lean techniques. If you don’t have those, you rly shouldn’t be here yet. LWS maps are designed for ppl that have done most of HoT content. The HoT masteries aren’t hard to finish if you don’t get sidetracked.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

speedboost of at least 33 % is possible on every class if im correct. Whats the problem? Is doing jumping puzzles also called gating because you have to jump and have speedboosts? The last part requires to be exactly on a certain spot, speed boost + jump/glide and done. It takes some practice learning the right path, After that it gets easier every time you do it.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: AnClar.1304

AnClar.1304

I visit the peach tree daily on my ele with no speed boosts. ..gliding is helpful, and so is careful positioning. I also used the shortcut to do the centaur camp POI, only change I made was to use Infiltration runes for that run. Obsidian Flesh, Mist Form and the runes made getting the POI silly easy.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Take a look at this.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Take a look at this.

Please direct hugs and kisses to Maria.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry, I’ve never used this Centaur path. Just regular Peach Tree path with no speed boost.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

If you need to go fast the sigil of speed has your back. Just kill a few random white mantle dudes and voila u got 3 minutes of swiftness.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The last ledge is to jump glide requires some form of a speed/movement buff to make.

Reaching the Peach Tree does not require any form of speed/movement buff; it’s just easier with one.

Mind you: I’m all in favor of ANet adjust two spots to make reaching the tree easier; it’s a tricky jump for many. I just don’t think it’s fair to say access is “gated” or requires anything that isn’t easily available to all classes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve been there a number of times. Never needed a speed boost. Agreed, the last pillar is tough and I miss it at times, but it’s definitely doable with out a speed boost.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I think the issue here is that people are jumping from pillar to pillar.

The easy way to get to the last pillar is to jump off the cliff side. Don’t even go onto the 2nd to last pillar.
Path I recommend (no speed boost needed) is 3rd to last pillar > cliff ledge, walk around the ledge to the higher ground, jump off and glide to last pillar.

Once you do it a couple of times you’ll realize it’s easy.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You only need to do it one character (per day) anyways, Can even park a character there for days at a time.

I also don’t really accept equipping swiftness on your bar to be a change worth complaining about. That takes about 10 seconds tops to switch back and forth. Part of the game does involve adapting what you use properly. The only class that should find that to be an annoyance are mesmers (their swiftness skills aren’t too good and require a specific weapons), eles , and….. mesmers. They do have a way to gain 25% movement passively though. However, it does seem to be a bit harder with it.

I guess rangers also lack a good swiftness utility though the druid trait gives 33%movement.

Also, I’m pretty sure I could run through the centaur camp with most classes. But I’m glad there’s a place to glide from without that found now

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The last ledge is to jump glide requires some form of a speed/movement buff to make.

Reaching the Peach Tree does not require any form of speed/movement buff; it’s just easier with one.

Mind you: I’m all in favor of ANet adjust two spots to make reaching the tree easier; it’s a tricky jump for many. I just don’t think it’s fair to say access is “gated” or requires anything that isn’t easily available to all classes.

Depends on the player. I am one who is TERRIBLE at JP – especially the pillar type jumps. Luckily a Mesmer took pity on me so I could get the Peach Tree / core achievement the one time I got it. A day or two later I went to do the daily and could not get up there by jumping. I spent a good half hour and gave up. I even looked at a video. (Yes, I used the “cliff”, not all pillars.) No, I’m not going to try to run through hoards of centaurs.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I guess rangers also lack a good swiftness utility though the druid trait gives 33%movement.

Thing is, you don’t even need a Swiftness buff. Usually the 25% passives grant more than enough jumping distance. (Which just kinda highlights how back 100% movement speed is…) So, ranger, thief, and necro can just temp-slot the signet.

Guard can swap to Retreat, many Warriors run with the melee-weapon 25% move boost or slot it because they like Fast Hands anyway. Revenant Shiro/Glint gives swiftness, Engi has lots of tricks to make the jumps: toolkit swiftness, buff potion, shotgun jump, mecha legs. Mesmer has chrono passive, signet of inspiration, or focus 4. Ele has air attunement, air staff, or the procs from aura/overloads.

There’s no enemies in the hollow, so it shouldn’t be a problem to swap for mobility and switch back when you have both achievements. (Magic gather is a full circle around the island.)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Peach daily is gated.

ArchonWing.9480

Thing is, you don’t even need a Swiftness buff. Usually the 25% passives grant more than enough jumping distance. (Which just kinda highlights how back 100% movement speed is…) So, ranger, thief, and necro can just temp-slot the signet.

Guard can swap to Retreat, many Warriors run with the melee-weapon 25% move boost or slot it because they like Fast Hands anyway. Revenant Shiro/Glint gives swiftness, Engi has lots of tricks to make the jumps: toolkit swiftness, buff potion, shotgun jump, mecha legs. Mesmer has chrono passive, signet of inspiration, or focus 4. Ele has air attunement, air staff, or the procs from aura/overloads.

There’s no enemies in the hollow, so it shouldn’t be a problem to swap for mobility and switch back when you have both achievements. (Magic gather is a full circle around the island.)

I dunno. With only 25% (Engineer Mecha legs or Ranger Signet of the Hunt) I had difficulty. With swiftness I did it immediately. Might have been psychological though; who knows.

And yes I agree that swapping a few things around isn’t a big deal. That’s why build choices matter, lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Swapping in a speed boost utility skill for 30 seconds isn’t what I’d call a “gate”, especially since you really don’t even NEED swiftness to make the jumps.

Peach daily is gated.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Depends on the player. I am one who is TERRIBLE at JP – especially the pillar type jumps. Luckily a Mesmer took pity on me so I could get the Peach Tree / core achievement the one time I got it. A day or two later I went to do the daily and could not get up there by jumping. I spent a good half hour and gave up. I even looked at a video. (Yes, I used the “cliff”, not all pillars.) No, I’m not going to try to run through hoards of centaurs.

I’m sure I’m as unreliable a jumper as you are. I can guarantee that my success/failure doesn’t depend on speed boosts.

I’d be happy if ANet adjusted the jumps. I don’t think it’s more likely that they will do so if we exaggerate the issue by claiming it’s “gated” or that it requires anything that isn’t available to every character.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’m sure I’m as unreliable a jumper as you are. I can guarantee that my success/failure doesn’t depend on speed boosts.

I’d be happy if ANet adjusted the jumps. I don’t think it’s more likely that they will do so if we exaggerate the issue by claiming it’s “gated” or that it requires anything that isn’t available to every character.

I agree that this isn’t gated by the need for a speed boost. It is gated by being able to jump though lol.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think the issue here is that people are jumping from pillar to pillar.

The easy way to get to the last pillar is to jump off the cliff side. Don’t even go onto the 2nd to last pillar.
Path I recommend (no speed boost needed) is 3rd to last pillar > cliff ledge, walk around the ledge to the higher ground, jump off and glide to last pillar.

Once you do it a couple of times you’ll realize it’s easy.

That makes getting to the pillar easier but the collision on the ledge is pretty bad as well.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

if you still have problems leaping/gliding etc….

you can use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

People actually do the little “jumping puzzle”? I agree its kind of finicky, but its not necessary at all.

Come in from the cave entrance north of Noran’s Homestead. As you come out of the tunnel portion keep your eyes to the right, there’s a hill over there. You can either glide to it from the upper part of the tunnel or just go down and climb it normally. Then all you need to do is go to the edge of that hill, then glide around the corner and straight to the center area. No pillar jumping required.

It does require Lean Techniques, but at this point I’m pretty sure everyone has that or can easily get it. And even if you miss the glide, you can just climb back up and try again.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m confused as to why people even consider this a “jumping puzzle”. It only takes a couple of jumps were you hold down the space bar between rocks. Every single character in this area should have Gliding unlocked. Jump, hold down the space bar to open your glider, and keep pressing the direction of the next rock. The glider gives you that split second of distance you need.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Peach daily is gated.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m confused as to why people even consider this a “jumping puzzle”. It only takes a couple of jumps were you hold down the space bar between rocks. Every single character in this area should have Gliding unlocked. Jump, hold down the space bar to open your glider, and keep pressing the direction of the next rock. The glider gives you that split second of distance you need.

Not everyone is as good as you are at the timing.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Maria Murtor.7253 has already explained with a very good animated gif from where you jump and glide, why aren’t people reading when offered the solution? Seems like there are so many people complaining about everything these days.

So, I’ll link her image in this thread as well. Credits to Maria Murtor.7253

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Peach daily is gated.

I’ll have to try the work around without pillar jumping. That definitely looks easier and more efficient. I sincerely appreciate all the feedback.

Peach daily is gated.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Maria Murtor.7253 has already explained with a very good animated gif from where you jump and glide, why aren’t people reading when offered the solution? Seems like there are so many people complaining about everything these days.

I’ve attempted that. It’s not any easier for me than the other 3 ways. (Yes, I read her post that points out the spot to start the glide.)

FYI So far, I’ve refrained from complaining; I’ve disagreed with the OP that this is “gated” or even something that ANet must change. All the same, that doesn’t mean everyone finds it as easy as you do.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Healix.5819

Then there is the second set of Armor with the “Superior Rune of the Traveler” (25% speed increase) attached and swapped back and forth.

Not the most economical solution but another option that works with all classes.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Peach daily is gated.

ArchonWing.9480

I posted this in another thread where I pass through the Centaur Camp on a Druid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htDtAlwkAoY

Passing the Centaur Camp on a Berserker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE5Hc5l7U3E

Okay, this was a lot harder than I thought since Warrior has no way to stealth or have minions/pets to block so you pretty much have to eat it all. So I used a shield and confused skill 4 and 5, because 4 is typically “block” for other classes. (Why are you so inconsistent Anet?) I’m sure people can do better when they actually know what their skills do.

I don’t PvE on my warrior so she uses some tank (wanderer/soldier gear and zerker trinkets) but isn’t full tank. Also, to be fair, I failed the first try and almost did here but I owe that to having less than 100 hours on warrior ( by and far my worst class). In addition, balanced stance is a bad choice for this— outrage is already good enough to handle the CC, and you’re better off taking something like dolyak signet.

As a side note, do people really do open world without a speed boost? I could never do that myself.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

At least half the classes also have a leap skill to get around the jump

Engineer https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jump_Shot
Berserker https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sundering_Leap
Dragonhunter https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wings_of_Resolve
Daredevil https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vault
Elementalist Lightning Hammer https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Leap

The main thing that is probably causing the problem is a slight dip at the edge of the pillar. If you jump off from that it will be just slightly too low. The jump from the first to the second pillar is similar.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve attempted that. It’s not any easier for me than the other 3 ways. (Yes, I read her post that points out the spot to start the glide.)

FYI So far, I’ve refrained from complaining; I’ve disagreed with the OP that this is “gated” or even something that ANet must change. All the same, that doesn’t mean everyone finds it as easy as you do.

I didn’t do well my first time trying that, but I nailed it the next time. The trick is to jump through the leaves, gliding right away (hold down space bar) and hitting lean techniques right away (hold down forward key). Hug the wall in a curve to your right then correct your heading as needed to aim for the lower part of the ledge (may involve a slight turn to the left once you can see the target landing spot).

Basically I run, jump/glide, and a microsecond after the jump I press and hold W while using my mouse to steer.

Thank you so much, Maria Murtor! No more multiple pillar leaps!

Peach daily is gated.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I didn’t do well my first time trying that, but I nailed it the next time. The trick is to jump through the leaves, gliding right away (hold down space bar) and hitting lean techniques right away (hold down forward key). Hug the wall in a curve to your right then correct your heading as needed to aim for the lower part of the ledge (may involve a slight turn to the left once you can see the target landing spot).

Basically I run, jump/glide, and a microsecond after the jump I press and hold W while using my mouse to steer.

Thank you so much, Maria Murtor! No more multiple pillar leaps!

I’ll give it another shot later. Thanks for the explanation

(I’m also grateful to Maria Murtor even if she did leave out that important tip. It certainly made things easier for a ton of folks.)

Peach daily is gated.

OriOri.8724

This doesn’t help EU players, but my offer to port anyone on NA having trouble getting up there still stands.

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

My general tip for this game, not only when it comes to this specific topic, would be:

Always try to find alternative (easier/faster) way to do things.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

The final jump is too far without a speed boost.

The final jump most definitely does not require a speed boost – I did it multiple times without one before my first failure, then failed about 5 times in a row before succeeding again. It’s a tricky jump, but not impossible, and a speed buff simply makes it easier. It may require basic gliding as an alternative, however.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Peach daily is gated.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

As a side note, do people really do open world without a speed boost? I could never do that myself.

Quite often. I have a lot of characters and a limited number of skill slots each. And remembering to get a buff every time simply doesn’t happen. And, tbh, mostly I barely notice.