Please add an Endless Batwing Tonic recipe

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I believe you said you were going to, but never did. This is needed for the new bat shoulders, yet they are entirely RNG or a zillion gold on the TP. The shoulders already cost 10 zillion gold, so why add more ridiculous costs?

Also, can you please add more stuff you earn through playing, and less stuff you just buy with gold. This games seems to be devolving into buy gems for gold to win.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I second this, because I believe the current version is WAY overpriced, but you know how they love to troll the economy, so if they did introduce a recipe for the tonic it would take like 250 Charged Lodestones, a Gift of Zhaitan, 250 Unidentified Dyes, and a Dusk.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Axialbloom.8109

Mad King is ending, and still no recipe. This bottle will be 1k gold soon. ‘Earn it’ eh?

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

This games seems to be devolving into buy gems for gold to win look cool.

Fixed that for you and it kinda was always like that sooo…

Not that I’m against a recipe for the tonic, but this is absolutely not a pay-to-win issue.

Axialbloom.8109

It HAS shifted more to gem store and gold for everything, though. And ‘winning’ in GW2 is looking good.

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

No because it is a skin, it isn’t REQUIRED for anything. If some gear is going to be really expensive because it is cosmetic that is fine. Lots of things are expensive due to cosmetics already. This should really be no different.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If they add a recipe it will cost 500g to make.

Your complaint is that you are poor, it has nothing to do with this luxury high end cosmetic item.

Being poor is not a valid complaint to change the game.

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

No because it is a skin, it isn’t REQUIRED for anything. If some gear is going to be really expensive because it is cosmetic that is fine. Lots of things are expensive due to cosmetics already. This should really be no different.

I think the 3000g+ price of the shoulders wouldn’t have surprised anyone if they had just announced it like other things because at this point the community has come to expect costs for any new items of interest.

The thing that bothers people most about this is it was specifically said that “you’ll have to work for it”. That made people think it was actually going to be a quest that took time and effort and not just an endless grind for gold or opening your wallet to stick in a lot of cash. Had this been a quest line that took 2 months to complete, having to revisit old Vistas, repeatedly doing jumping puzzles, or killing a certain mob x numbers of times I think it would have been met with much less outrage.

When you’re just limited by AH exceedingly rare drops you might as well just list it on the gem store as costing $300 and call it a day.

Axialbloom.8109

Your complaint is that you are poor, it has nothing to do with this luxury high end cosmetic item.

The entire thing costs 3000 gold…

But this is not about that. This is about putting a stupid RNG item into the recipe. It needs another way of being acquired, before it becomes a 1k+ costing item.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

the droprate is way higher than last year on the ToT bags, ive opened about 80k bags and got 5 Tonics, and enough of other stuff to break even after keeping 3 tonics.

Also just dont get the kitten shoulders if u cant afford it, there is plenty of other cool stuff that cost next to nothing…

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

the droprate is way higher than last year on the ToT bags, ive opened about 80k bags and got 5 Tonics, and enough of other stuff to break even after keeping 3 tonics.

Also just dont get the kitten shoulders if u cant afford it, there is plenty of other cool stuff that cost next to nothing…

Someone opened over 100k Trick or Treat bags.

They found a drop rate of 0.0039% drop rate for the endless batwing brew which doesn’t seem that impressive.

Ohoni.6057

Axialbloom.8109:

This games seems to be devolving into buy gems for gold to win look cool.

Fixed that for you and it kinda was always like that sooo…

Not that I’m against a recipe for the tonic, but this is absolutely not a pay-to-win issue.

No, he was right the first time. In this game, looking cool IS winning, and anything that you pay to make looking cool easier is paying to win. Now, if an item is directly from the gem store, like anything they sell directly or via chest tickets, then that is not “pay to win” because you can’t “win” it in the game itself anyway, but buying ingame items with gold purchased with gems, is pretty much paying to win, and ANet should not encourage it.

Of course it’s a valid complaint to change the game. What would even lead you to think otherwise?

done by now.”

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Nightfury is obviously intended to be a “gold sink” shiny. It’s there to reap the golds from rich people and bridge the gap with the standard player’s wealth which was recently adjusted.

It won’t get cheaper. At least, not any time soon.

Ohoni.6057

Nightfury is obviously intended to be a “gold sink” shiny. It’s there to reap the golds from rich people and bridge the gap with the standard player’s wealth which was recently adjusted.

Getting rich people to spend their gold is not a positive thing when it means that they get something cool that other people can’t have. I would rather rich people be sitting on piles of gold that doesn’t actually mean much, than to have them sitting on tons of cool skins that only rich people can afford.

done by now.”

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Getting rich people to spend their gold is not a positive thing when it means that they get something cool that other people can’t have.

We’re talking economy. There is no such thing as empathy in that.

Axialbloom.8109

Grats on opening 5000 gold worth of bags I guess….

Still does not dispute the fact that an RNG drop for this recipe is stupid.

Ohoni.6057

We’re talking economy. There is no such thing as empathy in that.

this is not a real economy though. It’s a game economy. It’s purpose is not to serve itself, it’s to make the game better for the people playing it. If it fails at that, if it fails to make the majority of the players happy, then it is failing at the only important task it has, even if it’s a mathematically flawless economic model in and of itself.

done by now.”

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

No thx, I’m making a ton farming bags.

In all seriousness let the leets get their shiny first and have a year running around feeling special. It will probably cost 10 candy corn next year or go on sale at the gem store.

You read it here first.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Mad King is ending, and still no recipe. This bottle will be 1k gold soon. ‘Earn it’ eh?

I can assure you this is not going to happen. Why, because whenever I have the opportunity to make gold or have obtained a super rare item (like Gwyn), JS comes in a wrecks it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

No thx, I’m making a ton farming bags.

In all seriousness let the leets get their shiny first and have a year running around feeling special. It will probably cost 10 candy corn next year or go on sale at the gem store.

You read it here first.

Everyone complained about the mini Gwenn.. (I always spell that wrong) dropping at a ridiculous drop rate from ToT bag last year. This year the vendor sells it for 100 cobs.. which is a lot.. but it’s not gated behind RNG anymore.

Seeing the Nightfury shoulders are an actual recepi in the Mystic Forge (like many weapon skins are aswel), I don’t think they’ll let a vendor sell them. Perhaps the endless bat tonic will be available next year for 100 cobs?

However I’m not really /suprised (hehehehe) about anything anymore..

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

[quote=5711082;shaquinna.2869:
Everyone complained about the mini Gwenn.. (I always spell that wrong) dropping at a ridiculous drop rate from ToT bag last year. This year the vendor sells it for 100 cobs.. which is a lot.. but it’s not gated behind RNG anymore. [/quote]

There’s a huge difference between the two. Gwyn was requiring well over 100k bags to obtain. Now, it’s down to 1 in 10k or so. Which is a slap in the face to those of us that worked all year long for her. If they make it a simple recipe for the Endless Batwing Brew that would be a slap in the face to those of us who have obtained it.

So many complaints about this yet, all I see are people playing on the new maps instead of farming the heck out of Halloween.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Ohoni.6057

There’s a huge difference between the two. Gwyn was requiring well over 100k bags to obtain. Now, it’s down to 1 in 10k or so. Which is a slap in the face to those of us that worked all year long for her. If they make it a simple recipe for the Endless Batwing Brew that would be a slap in the face to those of us who have obtained it.

But on the other hand, Gwyn was Gwyn, get it and you’re done. The batwing tonic is nothing, on its own, the only thing it’s good for on its own is reselling (or completely wasting it). To make it into the actual useful thing, you need to also drop another huge stack of cash and gameplay activities to finish the back piece.

done by now.”

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

If Anet would add a recepie it would also cost lots of gold…so whats do you want?
Just grind some gold and you are in :P ironie on

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

Everyone complained about the mini Gwenn.. (I always spell that wrong) dropping at a ridiculous drop rate from ToT bag last year. This year the vendor sells it for 100 cobs.. which is a lot.. but it’s not gated behind RNG anymore.

So many complaints about this yet, all I see are people playing on the new maps instead of farming the heck out of Halloween.

I’m not sure if I’m following your post corecctly. But I just want to mention that i’m not complaining about anything. I’m just telling what I’ve seen on the forums last year (the complaining) and what happend this year, with Gwynn. So I won’t be surprised if the ‘slap in the face’, as you’re stating, will happen again next year.

I don’t complain if they bring anyting back, I don’t complain if they don’t bring anything back either.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Axialbloom.8109

So many complaints about this yet, all I see are people playing on the new maps instead of farming the heck out of Halloween.[/quote]

Stop being dramatic. And no amount of farming will get you an 1 in 25000 bags RNG item.

Ohoni.6057

Yes. . . the degree to which I would be upset if those who already have Night Fury feel “slapped in the face” can be contained in the space between the following two periods→ ..

What’s more important than that, by far, is whether those who want to equip Nightfury are able to do so.

done by now.”