Please don't nerf Raid 3 days after release.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

After the recent change to HP’s, I really hope that the raid will not suffer the same results. People are going to be upset when hard content gets released in the game. Judging by what happened with HP’s it only takes enough of a voice and it will get changed. I really hope you stick to your original plan on raids being the hardest content in the game. This should be content only completed by the dedicated. And yes, casual or hardcore gamers can be dedicated and learn the mechanics to beating the raid.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Raids are a different creature, raids are a choice, Specializations are meant to be fun, not a chore.

Mastery woven into the story was a chore, farming HP for a max spec is a chore.

People are upset that their chores are being taken away in favor of fun, a paradigm I will never understand.

Raiding however, is a choice, so yes, raiding can stay hard, it will likley be difficult and be up to people if they want to play it or not.

The only thing I “dont” want to see is the main storyline being gated into raiding or dungeons like it was in launch and season 1.

Forcing people to group to advance a “personal” story should “never” happen, period.

But if raids have their own unique secondary storyline that advances lesser known aspects of the lore thats fine, as long as they aernt needed to be part of the main story.

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

Adding my voice to this.
Nothing needed nerfing, it’s all either a learn to play issue or moaning from people that want everything in a week.
You never had to farm for anything, the specs and masteries are end game progression, not something you need to grind in an afternoon, you would get them from just playing the game.

The new content and maps are preparing people for the higher difficulty, if people can’t handle learning what’s on their skill bar or what their traits do we will see the same moaning about raids not being faceroll.

And then in a few months, after everyone is done moaning and everything is nerfed, those same people that wanted everything handed to them will complain that there’s no content.
The mass of people that wanted challenge and who have come back to HoT will leave again. ANet please stop listening to people that don’t want to play your game and want you to just give them everything.

It reminds me of when people complained that Witcher 3 had ‘too much’ content.
You mean you want to not play the game you bought?
In this case, people don’t want to play the game, but want all the rewards.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

After the recent change to HP’s, I really hope that the raid will not suffer the same results.

If that does happen, however, remember to thank all the raid crowd people that were so adamant lately about reward exclusivity.

And then in a few months, after everyone is done moaning and everything is nerfed, those same people that wanted everything handed to them will complain that there’s no content.

Not the same people, and not the same content. I definitely never asked for raids. Quite the opposite.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November