Please, somebody make a meme

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

If there is someone who can draw nicely, I suggest making a meme picture:
Guardian with a big freaking shield and mace and hammer on his back is standing in front of Spirit Vale and looking at his pocket watch while other figure comes. Tiny little barbie girl in piece of soft clothing that reveals more than hides with broken wall clock in her right hand an tiny rapier in left hand. And she is looking at the tank with a smirk and says: “Heavily armoured guy who was trained to protect comrades and deflect damage? Pffff, go home, we don’t need you. See? I have a shield too.”

Sad reality of Guild Wars 2.
After trying VG for several hours 2 moths ago, I decided to craft full ascended equip to be the best prepared possible. I spent hundreds of gold on an ascended hammer, mace and shield that I would never normally have use for (because everything is DPS oriented and because exotic quality was more than enough until now), I reforged my beloved armor into knight/marauder, and spent a lot of badges of honor for those +5 power WvW infusions.

Then I started looking into how people are managing raids now, hoping that they finally learnt little gimmicks and positioning and finished their gearing up too so I could finally beat that glowy geezer without hearing it is my fault if I fail 1 attempt out of 10 while the rest of them are failed by DPS.
So yeah, I hear people got better, but on my horror, I found out some crappy mesmer took my only role in that freaking raid. I knew I wouldn’t be much welcomed on the second or the third boss, but VG was my domain. I’m the freaking tank. I was waiting for this opportunity since GW2 beta where they presented guardian with a big shield and mace and said he is a vital part of any party. If I look back, I can see the sad irony.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Welcome to the current Guildwars 2, where Rangers become healers, where Mesmers become tanks and where Guardians.. well.. theres only one playstyle for us: Reroll Warrior!

In all honesty, when you come to think of it it is kind of ridiculous how the LOWEST base health of all the heavy armored classes does the LOWEST damage and is also the most worthless class in raids (Even if fully specced into DPS you still never outdps classes like Ele/Warrior/Revenant) So yay.. here’s to hoping we’ll become more viable soon.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Good point with that health pool.

I see that they want us to play warriors, but I never will. I tried it and it was boring to level up, it was boring in WvW and it was even more boring in PvP. I will rather ignore raids until they do something about it.