Pre-order Dilemma

Pre-order Dilemma

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: aydos.8259

aydos.8259

I was given Best Buy gift cards for my bday to purchase this game.

Apparently Best Buy is not selling the Digital Download until the game is released.

I saw that you can buy the pre-order from the Black Lion in game store, but it does not take gems only cash.

Is there not a way to pre-order the game from Best Buy.

I do not see an obvious way, but I was hoping I am missing something. I already checked to see if they sold Amazon Gift Cards and they do not.

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was given Best Buy gift cards for my bday to purchase this game.

Apparently Best Buy is not selling the Digital Download until the game is released.

I saw that you can buy the pre-order from the Black Lion in game store, but it does not take gems only cash.

Is there not a way to pre-order the game from Best Buy.

I do not see an obvious way, but I was hoping I am missing something. I already checked to see if they sold Amazon Gift Cards and they do not.

Exchange it with someone you know for cash.

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Just use bestbuy website and buy it it will email u your game code right away due to hot only being digital

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: aydos.8259

aydos.8259

Just use bestbuy website and buy it it will email u your game code right away due to hot only being digital

The best but site says in store only and will not let you buy it online even though they don’t actually carry the card.

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…Best Buy says the vendor is Game Tap. It also says the download is ‘temporarily’ unavailable.

I don’t know why getting Heart of Thorns from authorized retailers seems so difficult.

Perhaps, you (or whoever gave you the gift) can go to Best Buy and ask if they will refund the Gift Cards. Then, either purchase Amazon Gift Cards, or pre-purchase Heart of Thorns directly for you.

Happy Birthday, and good luck.

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

Once a gift card is active it cannot be refunded even with receipt. But they do carry gem cards so you can buy the gift card amount in gem cards then buy it through the Gem Store. I also made a thread asking Anet if they know what retailers will be selling the xpac. I hope they respond soon.

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

Pre-order Dilemma

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Better idea. Oddly enough, Game Tap doesn’t seem to carry (or have heard of ) Heart of Thorns.

Again, distribution seems wonky, somehow.

Oh, and the only official (physical) retailer (in the US) is GameStop.

Pre-order Dilemma

Posted by: Mobilizer.6278

Mobilizer.6278

Once a gift card is active it cannot be refunded even with receipt. But they do carry gem cards so you can buy the gift card amount in gem cards then buy it through the Gem Store. I also made a thread asking Anet if they know what retailers will be selling the xpac. I hope they respond soon.

That won’t work because as originally stated, “I saw that you can buy the pre-order from the Black Lion in game store, but it does not take gems only cash.” So why suggest buying a gem card to the original poster?

Sorry OP, but I think you’ll just have to buy it using the gift card and wait until release, or spend your own money to purchase it in time for beta and use the Best Buy gift card on something else. =/

(edited by Mobilizer.6278)

Pre-order Dilemma

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What you can do, is purchase the Standard edition of HoT outside the game, and use Gems (purchased Gem Cards) to upgrade it (in-game) to the Deluxe edition, if you so desire.

Good luck.