soo no forger or druid teaser today?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

considering there is a beta left, we have a release date, one would imagine that arenanet would hurry up in showing the last 2 remaining specializations

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably next week because of the holiday and that we just finished another beta.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Yeah, this week there is also the invasion… Soooo I don’t think this week is the reveal week. But do not let Hope die.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

So far both BWE’s started on the first friday of the month. So following that logic, the third BWE would be on oktober 2. This would also make sense cause of how much time there is left till release.

There are still two full weeks to go till then.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So, one spec each week? I really want to see Forge soon… but right now I feel Rangers are in a way weaker spot than Engies, so maybe they deserve more time to judge and argue about their spec.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I didn’t expect it today because of the sale ending and event starting so there’s much going on.

But next week I might explode if I don’t see Druid! ;_;

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

the PAX event didnt stopped them from doing berserker reveal… and they still have to do their PoI episode mordren event or not so i really see no reason to why not do a reveal this week…

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Accept that ranger class will receive no love.

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

There wasn’t a teaser on twitter, so I expect no reveal this weak.
mercurys theory seems legit and I expect the next reveal the next week (hopefully forge).

Ayrilana.1396

So far both BWE’s started on the first friday of the month. So following that logic, the third BWE would be on oktober 2. This would also make sense cause of how much time there is left till release.

Supposedly sooner than that as there’s supposed to be two more.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Nope, only 1 more BWE.
They said 2 more before the BWE2 happened.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ayrilana.1396

Nope, only 1 more BWE.
They said 2 more before the BWE2 happened.

Ok. I thought it was said there would be two more after the upcoming BWE.

Edit: Looks like you’re right. I watched the PAX Prime again and he said 1 of 2 remaining when he was referring to last weekend’s.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I just hope that BWE3 includes a Raid in some form or other, so we have some point of reference for what those mean in GW2 and get a chance to give feedback about the raid viability of our classes and Elite specs.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

was to be expected honestly….we also have to learn more about masteries…i’d expect a last and final beta weekend somewhen 2-3 weeks before release and the release of the class infos before that….

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

My money is on forge. then druid. probably druid will be the better reveal.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: vonbek.4810

vonbek.4810

Well considering they need to reveal the last two elite specs for the last beta. You need two weeks for the specs and a weekend for the beta. If you reveal on the 14th & the 21st and if it’s true that the beta will be on the first Friday of October that only leaves 18 days to sort through and implement the changes for the two specs and any other classes still lacking. that’s not very long.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

100% guaranteed anet totally forgot druid. heck they probably forgot ranger existed

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m very pessimistic about druid at this point. I really hope I’m pleasantly surprised, but just don’t know….

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The long wait for the druid reveal has become legitimately frustrating rather than eager anticipation. I am a very patient person, but this is too much. All I want is to know what sort of skills we’ll be getting so I can plan ahead accordingly.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

As someone who mains a ranger and an engie this is a bit frustrating/dissapointing :/

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

unless they were releasing them all at once, someone had to be last. Relax, guys, we’re almost there.

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

lol I read about druids these days and I thought its a new class/pro but now I find out its a ranger thing. My main is a ranger and his style is not for druids with a staff. Now I have to lvl up a girl ranger lol

but I hope they fix some things along with the druid implementation… beyond all the rest of the player requests…plz improve the pet bar!!! Also when we send away our pets, let them stay away until WE call them back! Some times I want to be without a pet, for fractals or in huge events, but I cannot send my pet away, the pet comes back after a while!

thanks

A question, druid is the only elite progression, or they give 2 paths/choices ?

(edited by Oyranos.9750)

Ehecatl.9172

unless they were releasing them all at once, someone had to be last. Relax, guys, we’re almost there.

It’s not about being last. It’s more the massive span of time between first and last and the two beta weekend events we missed.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

The main problem is not that druid and forge are the last specs to be revealed. The issue here is that they will only get one BWE to provide feedback to fix any possible issues and there is no time to change much until launch. I doubt that even all of the already tested specs will release in a good state, especially the dragonhunter and the tempest, which were available from the first beta weekend.

This does not bode well for the druid and the forge, as they need to be in a good state from the start or they won’t be fixed by release. I believe that there should have been a much larger beta test for the elite specs, but the time for that has passed. It would be a shame if rangers got the short end of the stick once again, so I really hope that the druid is worthwhile.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Well, we’ll find out what the druid is within the next couple of months one way or another. At least there’s an end date on this one. Most of us have things in GW2 we’re waiting for that don’t have an end date.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

I agree with next week and the following week being the reveal for the Forge and Druid. Follows a regular pattern and puts them on pace to do another Beta weekend the first weekend in October. I’m looking forward to Druid and I wish deep down that it would be a great class, but we’ll just have to see. If it isn’t awe-inspiring, I’ll be maining a Revenant for sure. I had a ton of fun this weekend.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s not about being last, that does not matter in the slightest, it matters though, that Druid or Forge will only have 18 days of feedback and adjustment before launch. Chronomancer will have had 6 months, DH over 5 months, and they are only just making adjustments to make those half decent as we speak. This means that both Druid and Forge will most likely be half done at launch and for another 6 months until they get around to adjusting it.

Not sure if you realise this, but Ranger and Engineer already have many many bugs, Ranger needs a lot of work on the core skills and traits already, so not a lot of hope is being held out for Druid being fantastic. This is a problem because we do not want Ranger to be totally and utterly left behind again with the new Meta that will come after HoT launch.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

>inb4 Anet presents fixed pets as expansion feature

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

>inb4 Anet presents fixed pets as expansion feature

inb4 Pet Repair Kit for 2000 gems.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

At this point I can’t help but think the Druid probably consist on only new skill: A big button that say “Became spirit”. If you press it, your ranger turns into a ghostly animal that dissapears in the background. Then that character is deleted and you have a character slot ready to make a new one.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

At this point I can’t help but think the Druid probably consist on only new skill: A big button that say “Became spirit”. If you press it, your ranger turns into a ghostly animal that dissapears in the background. Then that character is deleted and you have a character slot ready to make a new one.

This post seriously made my day

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Only one beta weekend to give feedback and our core profession is still bug ridden. Eles might be upset over tempest, but ele is strong and will always have a place at least. Ranger is still a red headed step child. It needs to come out of the gate in HoT very strongly and it must make a good impression or else it we will have to face “looking for raid, no druids/rangers”.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Ok fair enough. One weekend probably isn’t enough time.

I have four theories on why this may not be an issue.

Theory number 1: they are finishing up the earlier classes which will give them more time to work on these last classes.

theory number 2: they believe that these last classes are in a much better state and don’t need as much work.

Theory number 3: the next beta weekend is the last beta weekend, but after that beta goes live 24/7 for the next couple weeks, for everybody paying or not, to get last minute testing and to encourage more people to consider buying the expansion set.

Siri number 4. They plan on continuing to refine and fix the classes when it goes live, and figure it just needs to be good enough on day one. They sort of did that with Guild Wars 2 right after Beta was over.

Obviously I have no basis for any of these theories, but their ideas I had. My only concern is some bugs on some of the character classes took them literally years to fix, so I’m hoping they don’t do that this time around.

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

I play zerker ranger in WvW and zerker/condi engineer armed with several bundle weapons in PvE so really want to see these two before HoT goes live.

I really hope they don’t try to turn the ranger into some form of healer/monk, that is really not where it’s place is.

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

Anyone else disappointed with the lack of information for our specs? It’s funny to see that we are so late in the game since Anet really made a point about “druids” and had an engi shown off in the HoT release trailer.

I want to be able to test our specialization balances as much as any other profession does…it’s a shame we get so little time to express our feedback on each balance and make sure the developers have enough time to test and fix the changes!

Here’s to more info next week! Anet please, make it happen!

Posted by: Laith Gordanach.3157

Laith Gordanach.3157

Please roll out the Ranger and Engineer Elite Specs!

All right, I admit I’m a bit salty on this subject but by now every other profession will have had at least two betas to work out the bugs and allow for proper balancing. You showed your hand early on these two classes and yet the players who main them have had to wait the longest to get any real information. Please get these out soonest! We need time to go over the changes and to test them and break them in a beta. I would have preferred a chance to dig out all the bugs and to test the fixes but it’s too late for that now.

sunset.3056

I totes just posted the same thread about a minute before you… I agree wholeheartedly .

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Most likely at this point its marketing, the number of threads that have been started and replies given shows this is very much in demand. So if you want that last minute boost in pre-sales do you hold back on the classes that have always been in a good spot or do you hold back on he two most anticipated class changes knowing that it just might be enough to get those on the fence to get off the fence and buy the xpax to see/try them ?

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

The main problem is not that druid and forge are the last specs to be revealed. The issue here is that they will only get one BWE to provide feedback to fix any possible issues and there is no time to change much until launch. I doubt that even all of the already tested specs will release in a good state, especially the dragonhunter and the tempest, which were available from the first beta weekend.

This does not bode well for the druid and the forge, as they need to be in a good state from the start or they won’t be fixed by release. I believe that there should have been a much larger beta test for the elite specs, but the time for that has passed. It would be a shame if rangers got the short end of the stick once again, so I really hope that the druid is worthwhile.

You are smoking crack if you think Tempest is in a good state. 90%+ of the ele community hates it.

Agree though it would be totally unfair if both druid and forge weren’t revealed by BWE3. It’s kind of unfair that other specs have already had 2 weekends of play/refinement.

downed state is bad for PVP

Ehecatl.9172

The problem with that, Random, is that at this point it’s extremely high risk. Over the past few weeks I’ve seen the ranger forum slowly devolve from being a pessimistic yet hopeful community into a community that’s counting the seconds to doomsday while lamenting about how wretched their existence has been. They’ve already begun “Lashing out” in the form of a now famous locked thread that has been reposted on Reddit and had an article written about it on Tentonhammer.

If druid is revealed and it’s anything but spectacular there WILL be a backlash from the ranger community. If druid goes live unfinished due to lack of beta testing that backlash will be big. I can only imagine engineers would have a similar reaction.

Random.4691

Hey don’t blame me, I’m just giving one of many reasons why they may be holding back, I’m not the one who decides the whens and wheres of the classes.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You are smoking crack if you think Tempest is in a good state. 90%+ of the ele community hates it.

Agree though it would be totally unfair if both druid and forge weren’t revealed by BWE3. It’s kind of unfair that other specs have already had 2 weekends of play/refinement.

While tempest might be awful, Ele is certaintly in a good state…. you cant even say that about ranger lol.

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lol hey but atleast it works in some respect for a few builds , the ranger class right now has only 3 viable builds none of which deal good support and the one that does support requires a whole build to be runed/gear/traited and utiltiy slotted around out of date shouts which have no core Group Utility and a hash tag add on of a trait which grants regen + swiftness and swiftness is a useless boon to have since eveyone has plenty of that.

those eles can suck it up , tempest is good its just different to the usal D/D and hell now if those eles want a working D/D with tempest lol no , no they can not , that build is golden enough without the addition to overcharging D/D attacks.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Most likely at this point its marketing, the number of threads that have been started and replies given shows this is very much in demand. So if you want that last minute boost in pre-sales do you hold back on the classes that have always been in a good spot or do you hold back on he two most anticipated class changes knowing that it just might be enough to get those on the fence to get off the fence and buy the xpax to see/try them ?

It’s not smart marketing to hold it back. Smart marketing would have been to start pre-orders, then reveal Druid and Forge the two weeks after that.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

90% of the ele community want the tempest minor trait to be “Each time you cast a spell, all foes on the map are killed”.

Random.4691

I don’t agree, people are getting to the point of ridiculous with their RELEASE THEM NOW threads, I’m willing to bet they see a major increase in sales right before next beta weekend, provided they aren’t a complete failure of a specialization.

sunset.3056

I find that a horrible marketing decision (if it’s true), I wouldn’t be sure they’d get more people buying the game than leaving it with specs that aren’t fully designed. But what am I saying, it’s all about the Benjamin’s right?

sunset.3056

I don’t agree, people are getting to the point of ridiculous with their RELEASE THEM NOW threads, I’m willing to bet they see a major increase in sales right before next beta weekend, provided they aren’t a complete failure of a specialization.

The only failures to me are tempest and DH which is mostly because these 2 professions were in a good place. Ranger has never been in a good place with this community…never… It’s very critical for the devs to get the druid right, I understand that. The lack of information released for arguably the worst profession in all aspects of the game (necro being tied/close second) is horrible for the community!

I can’t say I’ll leave the game if Engineer spec is horrible because I love how it is now. I just don’t know at all the design features. I want more information…waiting this long seems ridiculous. The expansion is only a month and a half away. Jeez >.<

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Anyone else disappointed with the lack of information for our specs? It’s funny to see that we are so late in the game since Anet really made a point about “druids” and had an engi shown off in the HoT release trailer.

I want to be able to test our specialization balances as much as any other profession does…it’s a shame we get so little time to express our feedback on each balance and make sure the developers have enough time to test and fix the changes!

Here’s to more info next week! Anet please, make it happen!

They saving best for last.

Engine Forge == Engineer + Necro
Druid Ranger == Ranger + Elementalist

that druid will truly be elite, because we see how strong Eles are. Anything crossed with just a tiny bit of their OPness is likely to be epic.

Forge on the other hand getting minions after the minion update could be beastly actually.

Random.4691

I find that a horrible marketing decision (if it’s true), I wouldn’t be sure they’d get more people buying the game than leaving it with specs that aren’t fully designed. But what am I saying, it’s all about the Benjamin’s right?

Exactly, in the end it is all about the Benjamin, they are a business and people seem to forget that. It’s doesn’t have to be morally correct, I don’t even necessarily agree with it but from a marketing stand point it works.

I could use the drug addict example but that might be a bit overboard.

When people want something really bad, they might get upset if you make them wait but when it is finally released to them, they buy it up blindly. How many people blindly bought the xpac ? I think some people are giving far to much credit to the typical consumer.