So fractal rewards since HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I thought Anet was going to shift some of the dungeon rewards to fractals but I used to get more rewards before HoT than I do now.

Those encription boxes are only useful to sell on the TP since you usually spend more money on opening then than what you’re getting from them.

And has anyone gotten any ascended chests in fractals since HoT? I haven’ had any since then, i’m just wondering if hey removed ascended chests from fractal rewards or just made them harder to get.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They never said that all rewards that they are taking from dungeons will be transfered to fractals, they said that fractals will get more new rewards.

And fractals got alot of new reward structures implement. Plenty of it is account bound because players didnt like the fact that many rng rewards could be traded and bought from people with alot of money or gold.
They wanted that exclusive and rare rewards will be rewarded to those that complete difficult content, so they can showcase their accomplishment to other players without me standing next to them, looking just the same and earning it on the tp.

Thats what Anet delivered.

When Anet announced that rewards were moved from dungeons to fractals, the dungeon and fractal players defined rewards in gold or valuable mats (ascended gear) and Anet defined valuable rewards as exclusive rewards that take a long time to acquire and where you can see your progress towards it, for example the collections for the legendary backpack.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I didn’t say “all” rewards either and I didn’t mean that the gold rewards would be shifted, i meant rewards in general, including new rewards.

And I don’t mind that rng rewards aren’t tradable.

My problem the way the encription boxes work, it’s pretty much gambling for your rewards.

Also, I love the new legendary backpiece. But that’s the only reason why I’m doing fractals. And I believe it’s going to be the same for most people.
What when that’s finished? 0 Reason to do fractals then. I’ll prob go back to dungeons… If i can find a party for them at least.

Still wondering if there is still a chance to get ascended chests or if they completely removed them from fractals?

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

This really went towards the RNG again.
You don’t have fixed income like you had with dungeons. (as it is planned)

The 6 daily fractal for core and casual dailies lasts average an hour +/- 15 min depending on the team you find.

That usually nets me around 15 boxes with 7 keys so I spend around 1.60 Gold to open them all.

The boxes has chance to drop pages that has worth of 20s, 50s , 1G, 5G. This is quite random though I am usually lucky enough to get 50s /1 G at least once in the 15 boxes so at least my investment in the keys are coming back.

Over this I am salvaging every rare items and other junks. My daily income in 45-60 minutes in fractal is around 5G-10G WITH the daily reward.

Of course the luck luck factor can always kick in in you receive some nice armor skin / recipes from the boxes / chests.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]