Spoiler end of story: Are you happy now?,

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

No quite honestly im not…i liked Traeherne, of course i played through as a sylvari and knew who he was before hand.

He doesnt take over your story at all, hes constantly saying that you, the commander, did this, not him. Gonna miss him.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: professori.8495

professori.8495

Yes, I am extremely happy about it. Thanks for asking!

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

I’m thoroughly happy. First off, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a higher rank than me. So please don’t lump all of us Trahearne haters together. Second, I wasn’t ‘enraged’ and thus do not need to reevaluate my life (these forums are REALLY intolerant of opposing opinions it seems.). And third, my reasons for disliking Trahearne are very simple.

He has all the personality of a brick of mud. His voice acting was flat and boring, so much so that if they had replaced with voice with Microsoft Sam, there would not have been a difference. And, if you’re not a sylvari character, he comes out of nowhere and replaces your mentor, all three of which were vastly superior characters to Trahearne.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m thoroughly happy. First off, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a higher rank than me. So please don’t lump all of us Trahearne haters together. Second, I wasn’t ‘enraged’ and thus do not need to reevaluate my life (these forums are REALLY intolerant of opposing opinions it seems.). And third, my reasons for disliking Trahearne are very simple.

He has all the personality of a brick of mud. His voice acting was flat and boring, so much so that if they had replaced with voice with Microsoft Sam, there would not have been a difference. And, if you’re not a sylvari character, he comes out of nowhere and replaces your mentor, all three of which were vastly superior characters to Trahearne.

They improved the voice acting since release. Then again I never had a problem with it, but what ever. He doesn’t say Clawr anymore.

Only Tybolt was good. The Sylvari is annoying and stupid, she also could not have stopped the horde of undead charging the gate, that was silly. Grandpa Max is just a complete kitten, like the entire time. He at least could hold the gate, but really that should have been his life’s aspiration as a Norn. Only Tybolt was genuinely enjoyable to be around and was a reasonable sacrifice since he was an extremely capable fighter who simply lacked confidence forced to go well beyond his comfort zone for the sake of everyone else.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I am sad because Eir died. (Hope she will return as a spitit or something.) At least the rest of Destiny’s Edge made it. I didn’t like Trahearne, bud his end was sad too. Otherwise the story was amazing.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I am sad because Eir died. (Hope she will return as a spitit or something.)

Revenant legend?

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Yes indeed i am, i got the darn sword that should be mine in the first place (even if its just a 1 hand sword version rather then a gs and its also broken and i cant use it as engi but watch me give a kitten, for me its more the thought behind it), that darn spotlight stealing, as pact leader unfit radish who dared to command me, a darn iron legion zenturio with leadership and war experience arround bit the dust, i didnt see nor hear him till the end and actually gave the darn orders for once… even effin rytlock brimstone took my orders i mean omg how epic… and i was able to fight with tybalt side by side one last time what was the highlight for me. So yea.. everything is nice now, my universe is in order again and my dignity got restored…thanks a-net.

Rytlock defies your orders and makes you look like a spineless kitten in front of your group of heroes who already treat you like a peer rather then a Commanding officer and ignore your orders.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

People seem to be full of testosterone and want to be the hero, imo this is a very immature behaviour: where in life are we the heroes?

Gee, it’s almost as though people like to play video games in order to get away from being just another cog in the wheel.

Nah, that’s just crazy thinking on my part, couldn’t be that.

Good riddance to that weed. Now if only the majority of the NPC sylvari race would follow along.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Replacing Eir with her dimwit, uninteresting stereotypical male norn son (who’s also ugly as sin, that butterface) was a bad call.

Trehearne, however, was about time that hoebag gave me my kitten Caladbolg back. Filthy thief, that’s what you get.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I’ve never been especially fond of Trahearne, but I wasn’t hoping for him to die. I thought a nice happy retirement in Orr would be an appropriate fate.

That said, I felt his death served the story well, and was a good emotional punch.

Overall I don’t actually think the issue with Trahearne was that he was leader and your character was not – it was that that portion of the game became so focused on how the Pact was being led, and you were not the one doing that.

No one complains about not being the leader of your Order even though you’re much farther down the hierarchy during that story section… because the main focus of that section is about a couple of footsoldiers out having adventures, and the people in charge are just in the background.

During the Pact storyline, though, the leader was front and center and got shoehorned into every mission, so it felt more like you were being usurped – not because of your rank compared to his, but because the focus shifted onto his issues, and because how the organization was being led was never allowed to fade naturally into the background of the player character’s story but was always kept prominent. For me, Trahearne was not written strongly enough to carry that.

I’m fine with my character being a footsoldier instead of a leader… as long as the game is about footsoldiers instead of about leaders.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Made me sad having to kill my old friend.

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Flowers for Trahearne. This is my motivation for vying for a ten thousand player kill in PvP in the coming leagues. In honor of our Pact Marshal, I will be glorious in battle, not just in PvE, but also in PvP. May you rest in peace brother Trahearne. /rp

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I remember having resentment towards Trahearne but that was a long time ago, when the time came i actually felt bad a little inside. But i mean… at least it was well done and he went with his dignity.

- BG -

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I am sad because Eir died. (Hope she will return as a spitit or something.)

Revenant legend?

She will pet Drooburt ghost and come back with him next halloween :> .

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

People seem to be full of testosterone and want to be the hero, imo this is a very immature behaviour: where in life are we the heroes?

Let see, If I brought the pact together, saved Tyria, killed an elder dragon. I think I would be the hero.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

Trehearne, however, was about time that hoebag gave me my kitten Caladbolg back. Filthy thief, that’s what you get.

Your reasoning is pathetic. Caladblog was given to him by the Pale Tree and not not stolen by him, just because you the PC used it once. It only makes you look greedy in a childish way. People like you should be given the option to play as a Skritt, seeing that their behavior of collecting shinys are quite similar.

Posted by: Vezyn.9284

Vezyn.9284

I personally didn’t mind Trahearne, but apparently the majority of players disliked him.

Alas, I feel anet could have done a better job with him here, they reduced him to a pathetic accessory in the defeat of Mordremoth when he could have been so much more.

If they turned him into a strong villain that players loved, a real menace that redeemed his character and invested us more in the final battle, that would’ve been better imo.

If it was up to me I’d have turned Trahearne into a baddie that you fight near the heart of Mordremoth, you defeat him and find out that Mordremoth’s physical form is invincible, then Caithe helps you enter the dream through Trahearne while he’s weakened and that’s how you exploit his weakness.

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

I didn’t feel attached to the character but that emphasis on the head exploding is way over the top.

Honestly, if it were up to me to write the story, I would make it so that Trahearne is the one that contain Mordremoth within him at the end. The story makes it so that Mordremoth is physically unkillable. It doesn’t make sense that just because we kill Trahearne the dragon would suddenly be dead. The dragon’s essence should live on, in the dream, inside Trahearne. It should be like the phoenix vs. jean grey thing. And then I will take that opportunity to rewrite Trahearne into something more awesome.

But meh… the writer made his choice.

(edited by DavyMcB.1603)

Posted by: Wolvenford.4153

Wolvenford.4153

Not exactly happy, but indifferent. I was predicting from day 1 that either Caithe or Trahearne will die.

Personally, I would have preferred Caithe took the final blow. That shady sociopath of a green skin really needs to be put in her place.

“because I thought the egg would chose me…”

Aw screw you, who was the one whom the Master of Peace entrusted with the responsibility? Me. Who was the one who gave the vision of the egg? Me.

Even if it is Caithe’s new Wyld Hunt, she should have at least consulted me. I still don’t trust Caithe, for me she’s still too shady.

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I’m okay with Trahearne dying the way he did. In this scenario Trahearne is the true hero thanks to his personal sacrifice and ability to open Mordremoth’s mind, so that a group of mercenaries can finish the dragon off. When Tyrian history looks back on Mordremoth’s defeat it will be that Trahearne was Tyria’s salvation. Trahearne the hero who was the only hope to defeating two Elder Dragons.

Shame that Tyria’s greatest hunter will be remembered for falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book. It’s a wonder how she managed to survive all this time dealing with the very worst of Tyria to somehow forget that you never trust the shamelessly evil. Eir’s death was an insult to her intelligence and frankly anyone who cares about Norn lore.

Every other major race gets at least two major NPCs, but the Norn now has Braham only. That’s incredibly lame and a downgrade of what we had.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Your reasoning is pathetic. Caladblog was given to him by the Pale Tree and not not stolen by him, just because you the PC used it once.

to make it ever more funny I do not recall using Caladbolg by myself at all….

[but then most of my characters are humans soooo:P]

about treahearne – tbh I wondered if to make the exacly same thread just after finishing HoT storyline.

I do not dislike Trehearne and I think he was actually likeable character – not best writeen and stuff but likeable

in case of characters killed off – I’m really dissapointed that Eir did not put a fight at all – although after applying few fridge logics to the thing I think it is understandable after all – both she and faolain was starved in that cage – so it may even be in a manner that the ability to run as they did was “woah what a resillience”

I’m totally happy that I could kick that face of faolain and I do not have any feeling toward her being mutated into weird thing after what she did to Eir.

I do not know what actually happened after all to Zojia and I wonder how it looked like for people who have chosen to go personally for Zojia instead of Logan as I did – all thats said is that she was unconcious and that “maybe we are too late” – well future will tell.

Trehearne – well they possibly could handle it better t least explaining that seed thing or sth… but other than that – i think its a good death – he died to save tyria – I think alot of Norns would envy that death.

and bonus round:
Scruffy

I have no idea how possibly they managed to get me sad about “death” of a golem a 5 minutes ago after I literally shouted “use golem as a cable” and was screaming like a kid that got the cookie when Taimi actually suggested that (friend of mine that was on voice comms with me at that point commented that situation “dude you have mental issues you know?”

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

No,but I do take solace in the fact that he’s shown as the hero and the one who sacrificed himself to stop Mordy. So, basically the haters made him the hero of the story and of Tyria.
Oh, and that they gave us a crappy looking one hander sword instead of the shiny great sword. No caladbolg for you. :P

But I would be highly amused if Trahearne is the next Revenant legend for greatswords.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Brangien.7462

Brangien.7462

What I completely hated was the ON/OFF switch…and what I mean by that is…he asks the player character to kill him before Mordremoth takes over…then flicks instantly into Mordremoth’s personality.

There was no grey into the progression of his personality which made his part of the story a little boring.

I wanted a 1/3 Trahearne 2/3’s Mordremoth fighting to take control and at the moment trahearne gives you a window to end it as Mordremoth is about to slaughter everyone by downing them and maybe GARM could of showed up and saved everyone by giving a window of opportunity and reunite with brahm.
….and then the player character would use a Caldablog finisher to end it as the mother tree grants you strength energy channeled through the sword to get back up.

Also I liked Eir She really shouldn’t have died.
I was hoping for a extremely fatal wound which would of forced the player character to use a dangerous exhalted ritual on her to make her ascend permanently into a celestial DRUID avatar and explain how that class came to be but losing garm and traumatizing her. ugh lol

That would of been so much more bittersweet and awesome. But I understand there was time constraints but it also reflected the quality of the story to average.

I did however, enjoyed Canach, an average joe sylvari making it to the end as far as his own limitations could push him. That’s why I choose him over Caithe, reliable till the end.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I hope Caithe is next. Story will benefit from lack of annoying cabbage-heads.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I was sad they did this, seamed totally unnecessary, after the fight, you showed you could defeat the dragon, you should have redeemed the T.

I was however glad when they killed off the annoying norn, cheered at the screen when that happened.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I hope Caithe is next. Story will benefit from lack of annoying cabbage-heads.

Logan. Kill logan. Please.

-

Also, I dont want to be commander. WoW did that, and it was crap.

Avador.8934

With that killing mood everywhere, why just not killing every main character in entire game? Everyone should be satisfied then. -_-

Zalani.9827

Can we like, not kill off anymore characters because of forums bs.
It just ruins the story as shown by both of these deaths.

At this point lets just kill off everyone, can’t have characters that appeal to different people. Nope.

Dragonbrand

Avador.8934

Can we like, not kill off anymore characters because of forums bs.
It just ruins the story as shown by both of these deaths.

Yeah, exactly.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Now if only they’d get rid of Diversity’s Edge. Cripple kid, Rox, Braham the Bald and the two obnoxious barbie lovers all need to go.

Into the oven, preferably.

Wow. That’s… a bit much.

They can scatter the group for a bit by simply giving them other problems to attend to. Taimi heads back to the lab to make a new golem. Braham has to carry back word of his mother’s death. It was hinted that Kasmeer Meade might regain her title and status as a noble, but what if that brings up an old family promise of her hand in marrage to someone else?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: ThreeHitDown.2169

ThreeHitDown.2169

I liked the last fight.I didn’t like how Mordremoth looked though.He seemed to me like a fat tiny elder dragon.I wish we had fought his real form…

TheRandomGuy.7246

With that killing mood everywhere, why just not killing every main character in entire game? Everyone should be satisfied then. -_-

Character purge would be nice. Pretty much all characters except Rytlock are meh. Even Player Character is meh now thanks to one locked personality we ended up with.

Zalani.9827

Character purge would be nice. Pretty much all characters except Rytlock are meh. Even Player Character is meh now thanks to one locked personality we ended up with.

Tbh I find Rytlock the most meh, yay opinions.

Don’t you just love it when we go spouting off opinions as facts.

Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Same here. I guess that means they have to kill Rytlock to appease us. :>

TheRandomGuy.7246

Same here. I guess that means they have to kill Rytlock to appease us. :>

Considering that the only thing that keeps me interested in Rytlock is his “new magic” that he still have not explained I would not mind at all. Let him (or a blogpost) tell us a story about what happened in the mists and throw him off a cliff.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Rytlock can go die in a fire for all i care hes nothing but a punk . Eir was the best out of all of them and now she’s dead . What kittenes me off the most though is they couldn’t even kill her off properly .At bare minimum they should of had her die fighting and they probably would of found a way to screw that up too.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Now if only they’d get rid of Diversity’s Edge. Cripple kid, Rox, Braham the Bald and the two obnoxious barbie lovers all need to go.

Into the oven, preferably.

Wow. That’s… a bit much.

They can scatter the group for a bit by simply giving them other problems to attend to. Taimi heads back to the lab to make a new golem. Braham has to carry back word of his mother’s death. It was hinted that Kasmeer Meade might regain her title and status as a noble, but what if that brings up an old family promise of her hand in marrage to someone else?

Well there is already problems between Kasmeer and Marjory already, as hinted at the end dialogue when you talk to Marjory. Seems they are having some “personal issues” between them now. So I wouldn’t doubt that we’ll see some sort of falling out between those two eventually.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Trehearne got out of it exactly what he put into it… he was a tactless and un-noteworthy leader… and died the same way. Anet did the right thing by doing it this way, very deserving and fitting. I would be a liar though if i didnt say I was hoping to drive my Eternity thru his chest and snatch saladbowl from his hands while he watched, as he lay there dying. That sword belongs to me… I earned it.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I lol at the people glad he’s dead. You don’t realize, he’ll be considered the hero by the people still living for killing Mordremoth by dying. He’s already usurped us, and depending how the remaining people in the Pact take it, WE’LL be the ones suspected and hated because they may think we were jealous of Trahearne and killed him. This entire story may have just pulled a 180 with us looking like the bad guys to NPCs ingame for killing the Pact Marshal.

Going further about the Wyld Hunt, when Sylvaris were revealed as minions of Mordremoth, everyone’s Wyld Hunt became suspect to me. Sylvaris lead the attack on Zhaitan and the Marshal’s Wyld Hunt was to cleanse Orr. Sylvari were uncorruptable by Zhaitan. Were the Sylvari a “plant” by Mordremoth to destroy a rival Elder Dragon? I wonder if Trahearne felt extremely manipulated.

Luckily ours is incredibly vague. It was to defeat a dragon…the Dream never specified WHICH dragon.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

At least they mixed it up. The first part, there is a different hero(Trahearne). This part you are the hero. It would have been really boring if we were always the hero or Trahearne was.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I was sad when Mr Sparkles died.

He deserved better.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I’m amused at how many people hate Trahearne for being a total friend and jumping on the grenade of pact leader for us. Remember, the brigadier general never gets to fight…you are on the back lines of war. This would mean if we became the pact leader our story would stop being about fighting and would become all about being in a board room moving pieces on a map and hoping the soldiers on the front lines are winning. The tacticians are the head leaders, the absolute leaders, and they never get to be in the thick of it again unless things go badly.

So thank Trahearne for taking that role and allowing you to continue to adventure, continue to fight, continue to leave a path of dead in your wake.

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

The Trahearne hate bandwagon continues to be the most absurd thing I’ve ever seen in an MMO community. If you actually pay attention to the story (and consider the technical limitations) you’d understand why your character couldn’t become the Pact’s leader, and why your sylvari wasn’t entitled to the sword. Trahearne’s wyld hunt only plays a big part because it helps to weaken Zhaitan. He and your character are meant to be partners, helping each other overcome their problems. You are frequently praised by NPCs (including Trahearne himself) for your actions – Trahearne receiving some praise does not negate that. And if you replay the story since the voice acting changes, you’ll see that many lines have been changed to shift even more praise off him and onto your character.

To answer the original question: I have been playing since launch and this is the most unhappy I’ve ever been with the game. One of the HoT story goals repeated over and over is “I have to rescue Trahearne” and being denied that at the very end felt completely awful. Killing Mordremoth should’ve been enough. The extra “twist” causing Trahearne’s death was unnecessary, and until I see a reasonable explanation for it, I will assume it was done just to appease the people who hated him. Meanwhile, as someone who primarily enjoys the story/PVE stuff, the whole expansion has pretty much been ruined for me. I have no incentive to replay the story and watch him suffer and die again. I can’t enjoy the overland maps because of how they’re linked to the story that made me feel so crushed. Everything feels completely pointless, because I know there’s ultimately nothing I can do to save the character that was built up to be my partner and friend for three years. It’s like a whole expansion of Claw Island.

TL;DR – Trahearne’s death is honestly the biggest disappointment I’ve had in any game, and my interest in the current and future expansions died with him.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

This would mean if we became the pact leader our story would stop being about fighting and would become all about being in a board room moving pieces on a map and hoping the soldiers on the front lines are winning. The tacticians are the head leaders, the absolute leaders, and they never get to be in the thick of it again unless things go badly.

I completely agree with this… but the problem is that the game did not do a good job of actually showing that. Even after becoming Pact leader, Trahearne tagged along on almost every mission and seemed to have endless time to chat with the Commander about what was going on in his life. The writers didn’t actually show that he was busy or let us see his role holding him back from being boots on the ground whenever he felt like it. He would comment on it occasionally, but what we actually saw didn’t bear out what he was saying.

It’s what I was getting at in my previous post – I think the leadership of the Pact should have been more in the background like it was with the Orders rather than front and center for the whole last section of the game.

CorrynnStarr.7942

The players saying they want to leave the game over pixel sadness continues to be the most absurd thing Ive seen in an MMO community. If you payed attention to the story you would know that alot of trehearnes dislike comes from the monotone voice acting and the dominance of HIS story over YOUR storyline. While we didnt have to become the Pact Marshall, there are dozens of other ways to handle this then making us subservient to a lifeless NPC that has done nothing but show weakness in his inability to make decisions and forecasting doom. I dont mind partnering with him to accomplish his wyld hunt, but it should be second to the players storyline, and we should not be doing HIS quests to get items for HIM… he should do those himself. its his wyld hunt, not ours. That would be like asking some random NPC i was just introduced to, earn my Legendary Eternity and hand it over to me. It isnt right.

As for what they could have done, it would be completely feasable for us to run the pact as a group instead of having a marshall. trehearne was useless in all fights he accompanied us into, he could have managed the back half ofthe battle scene without being its Supreme Commander… leaving us to still go out and fight the battle as was customary in history battlefield commanders. washington, leonidas, roman generals… there are loads of commanders placed in the frontline of battles, and guess what? The ones that did are taught about in the history books as being great leaders. The ones who sat back on the back lines were typically hailed as cowards by history.

I think Anet knew how a VAST VAST VAST majority of the players felt about trehearne, and did the right thing by quietly, dignifyingly, removing him from the story (but something tells me he is gonna return in future stories as a champion of mordy, as I believe mordy isnt really dead yet…but thats another discussion.) I think in a way Anet tried to make him look the part of a Martyr, but the verdict is still out on whether thats how the community will percieve the events in teh future.

TL;DR Trehearnes death was a neccessary part of the story and a welcome one. I played thru alot of storys being his errand boy, I will enjoy watching him die repeatedly for it. I for one, look forward to leaving him in the past and moving on…

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Basically, you, as Pact Commander, failed in your mission to rescue Trahearne, the Pact Marshall.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Thank you Anet for letting us kill him.

CorrynnStarr.7942

Basically, you, as Pact Commander, failed in your mission to rescue Trahearne, the Pact Marshall.

Then I will proudly wear the title of “Bill and Teds Failed adventure” proudly!
And given a time machine I would go back and put a sword thru him when I first met him.

Posted by: So Deep So Good.2581

So Deep So Good.2581

-snip-

I think Anet knew how a VAST VAST VAST majority of the players felt about trehearne, and did the right thing by quietly, dignifyingly, removing him from the story

Well, not entirely true. There were two surveys in reddit made by DazedRabbit, and although they are taken mostly by redditors, it gives an insight on what players think of Trahearne.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WyVFfM50DRzRIQxFRJ9_4F4FU6TN7UOZmm2bElchEkA/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kcwQwzn1rlai1HBdbFXuziTOq80dTSogD9iVm3KpAlc/viewanalytics

Do you like Trahearne?

Yes 46.3% (4672)
No 45.7% (4608)
Who's Trahearne? 8% (812)

The fate of Trahearne?

Lives 42.6% (5144)
Dies	 57.4% (6930)

I predicted Trahearne’s death a year ago from seeing the writers’ reaction in the Point’s of Interests show, I could tell they really thought that a VAST VAST VAST majority of the players hated Trahearne, when it’s not true.

CorrynnStarr.7942

-snip-

I think Anet knew how a VAST VAST VAST majority of the players felt about trehearne, and did the right thing by quietly, dignifyingly, removing him from the story

Well, not entirely true. There were two surveys in reddit made by DazedRabbit, and although they are taken mostly by redditors, it gives an insight on what players think of Trahearne.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WyVFfM50DRzRIQxFRJ9_4F4FU6TN7UOZmm2bElchEkA/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kcwQwzn1rlai1HBdbFXuziTOq80dTSogD9iVm3KpAlc/viewanalytics

Do you like Trahearne?

Yes 46.3% (4672)
No 45.7% (4608)
Who's Trahearne? 8% (812)

The fate of Trahearne?

Lives 42.6% (5144)
Dies	 57.4% (6930)

I predicted Trahearne’s death a year ago from seeing the writers’ reaction in the Point’s of Interests show, I could tell they really thought that a VAST VAST VAST majority of the players hated Trahearne, when it’s not true.

Not sure how i feel about a reddit poll(privately owned website editable by peers). Second hand sources compared to gathered ingame data and official forum posts tend to lean more towards a larger majority not liking him overall. Im not discrediting your poll, I just dont see as much weight behind it compared to official forums and insider data gathered by Anet is all. its a total of 9000 opinions out of millions. The sample size is really to small be an accurate account I think (not that any real PUBLIC knowledge exists to begin with on it anyways). I still stand by my statement that a vast majority dont like him. I doubt Anet has made a major storyaltering decision based on a vocal 20-35 poeple on a forum tho.