Suggestion: Turn off Tyria Mastery

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DarkNighT.7319

DarkNighT.7319

I want to suggest that we have an option to turn of mastery progression for the tyria mastery track and the reason is, hero points. Right now i need 2.4 million xp on any of my lvl 80 characters to get a hero point from filling up the bar, this is holding back my progression into the specializations of those characters quite a bit, Yes i could go hunt for hero points out in the map but it is rather slow and combining that with not getting hero points untill a mastery level is filled is really slow. I made a second engi to go scrapper a week before hot launch, right now she is lvl 80 but lacking hero points, which is understandable but the progress to get more in a semi decent time is as stated, slow.

So could we have an option to turn it of and be regular lvl 80’s again?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’m confused. With it removed when you level you would only get spirit shards not HP.

Posted by: nscarpenter.9341

nscarpenter.9341

You don’t earn Hero Points by leveling after 80. The only source at that point is doing Hero Challenges.

Posted by: Daniel.3804

Daniel.3804

Definitely should be able to switch back and forth if you want. My mastery level in Tyria is as high as i am going to get it and now any XP i get is wasted. I dont know how many spirit shards i have missed out on, don’t even bother doing events to see 18k xp flush down the toilet. This needs to be fixed

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

You get -plenty- of spirit shards in the world. They have been moved to mob and chest drops.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Definitely should be able to switch back and forth if you want. My mastery level in Tyria is as high as i am going to get it and now any XP i get is wasted. I dont know how many spirit shards i have missed out on, don’t even bother doing events to see 18k xp flush down the toilet. This needs to be fixed

You don’t get spirit shards from leveling. Spirit shards are gained from:
Random drops for level 80 characters
Tome of Knowledge if used by a level 80 character
Dessa’s Experiment Journal
A Small Bag of Spirit Shards, the reward for the Daily Completionist meta-achievement
Various containers.

Spirit Shard

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.